daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #2801
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Off-topic. Any updates for the Parc1 Towers? They are still On hold?

Kanto, Daehanminguk liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #2802
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

According to SSP yes

Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #2803
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
There is a dedicated thread where you can ask. The thing is, you did. But I just wanna understand the logic of asking the same question in the inappropriate thread. Man, you just like to post comments. You post to post. The mentality!
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #2804
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
There is a dedicated thread where you can ask. The thing is, you did. But I just wanna understand the logic of asking the same question in the inappropriate thread. Man, you just like to post comments. You post to post. The mentality!
First: I ask in this thread 'cause I know that in Parc1 thread anyone post anymore.
Second: **** you!
Third: Have you ever seen your mentality? You comment only to criticize someone. So quite please. Bye and thanks!

Kanto, WingWing, Munwon, inno4321, KDreamer and 1 others liked this post

Last edited by Seoul_Korea; November 30th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #2805
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Seriously pal, stop the attacking. At first you flamed everybody who dislikes Seoul's mayor, now you bully a forumer just because he asked something. You shout in all directions how everybody should be banned but in reality it is you who disrupts the normal function of this thread
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #2806
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6744

stop the root of evil, lets eradicate 1184!!!

btw on side note the cladding really nice

Seoul_Korea, Kanto, inno4321 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 12:59 AM   #2807
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Quote:
Oh Kimi, your charming personality shines.

Kanto, inno4321 liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:28 AM   #2808
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Oh Kimi, your charming personality shines.
I don't know Kimi well but I don't think he is an evil as you try to make him out to be. Let's stop aggravating each other's nerves and go back to what we are here for, shall we, friends? We shouldn't act like those shortsighted politicians.

Munwon, Zaz965 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 02:45 AM   #2809
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
According to SSP yes
SSP is not a good source. afterall mostly i change status on SSP according to threads we have here on SSC that provide sources for changes of a status.

Kanto, inno4321 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:33 AM   #2810
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
First: I ask in this thread 'cause I know that in Parc1 thread anyone post anymore.
Have patience.
Quote:
Second: **** you!
Thank you!
Quote:
Third: Have you ever seen your mentality? You comment only to criticize someone. So quite please. Bye and thanks!
I have over 1000 comments here, if you have time, go and scan them 1 by 1 and let's see if I comment only to criticize.
Relax, I didn't attack you. I just told you to post in the right thread. And I didn't lie, you post to post. I'm sure everybody will agree with that. You are in a race to post here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Seriously pal, stop the attacking. At first you flamed everybody who dislikes Seoul's mayor
It was for a good reason. We are not in a political forum.
Quote:
now you bully a forumer just because he asked something.
I didn't bully him. That's what you and him imagine. I just told him to ask where it belongs. If it keeps that way, we will be talking about all different korean projects solely here, and eventually it will turn to Korean developments and future projets discussion thread.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:53 AM   #2811
D Green

Likes (Received): 625

Quote:
I'll add more detail on the appropriate thread, but it's still on hold, due to funding issues.

@Kimi: Yes, politics are frustrating when they're overdone or an unpopular view. Unfortunately, it seemed that a lot of people were interested in discussing it, and although it is off-topic on particular threads, it happens. The best we can do is not target the people who are interested in the off-topic discussion, but rather provide OP-related info that draws the thread back to the OP.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. You want to see some hijacked forums, check out some of the US forums.

Seoul_Korea, Kanto liked this post
D Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM   #2812
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Ok to keep this thread alive for what it was meant to be: Can someone give a little information about the neighberhood of this building, why this building is being built and what will the effects be for the city and the neighberhood if it's finished. Please answer in western script, since the majority reads that.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:15 PM   #2813
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

Well, I don't have all the details, but I can relay what I know.

This tower has been in planning for well over a decade (maybe 2). It's sort of the last hurrah for the chairman of the Lotte corporation, which, it's arguable, owns most of the neighborhood (Jamsil-dong). On the blocks surrounding this building, there is the Lotte World amusement park (the world's largest indoor amusement park), a Lotte department store, a Lotte hotel, and several Lotte apartment towers.

To the south of this tower is Seokchon lake. The tower is currently separated from the lake by a four-lane road, but that road will be (at least partially) submerged and covered by a new park. There is also an express bus terminal being built nearby.

I think that the complex being built around the tower will have a greatly positive effect on the neighborhood, as most of those aforementioned Lotte-owned properties are fairly old (late 80's to early '90's), and having lots of brand-new amenities should help to draw more people to the area. And although Inno tells us that most people are either neutral or somewhat negative on the tower itself, I'm willing to bet that, once it's complete and people can go up to the observation deck to view the city, it'll be quite popular--a new landmark for Seoul akin to the Taipei 101, even if people think that the design is less iconic.

inno4321, Kanto liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM   #2814
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Innoooo! Your updates?

Daehanminguk liked this post

Last edited by Seoul_Korea; December 1st, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old December 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM   #2815
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12444

COPYRIGHT BELONGS TO http://blog.naver.com/arney59?Redire...No=30180531189

1 DECEMBER

COPYRIGHT BELONGS TO http://whdlsckd7.blog.me/120202810022

VIEW From Olymic park

Actually not only Seoul mayor but also most Korean dislike skyscraper.
Though I'm korean it is shame thing.

Since LG electronic's HELICOPTER accident which is CRASH ON TALL RESIDENCE of seoul at last november.
At the moment some very very serious political movement to "STOP LOTTE TOWER'S CONSTRUCTION"
too many journal,mass media,news program and politicion and normal korean people against fight to LOTTE TOWER!
They said LOTTE TOWER beside very close from air force port(seongnam port)
so stop construction and redesign 200m around building!

Though seoul mayor announce that "It is impossible to stop lotte tower" argue is still on going in korean people and politions.

Now searching goolge on korean blog. among them 90% bloger(korean) say very skeptical and negative words against lotte tower.(for example "i'm worry about traffic jam around lotte greed tower" "I'm worry plane crash with lotte tower" "lotte chairman is greed" etc.

No one prasie(glad) for the first supertall building in korea. what a ridiculious country it is!(but I bet LOTTE TOWER will be explosion with crowd korean people when tower open day. LOL )

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; December 1st, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2816
Kanto
Roof height crusader

That's sad. South Korea will get a tower with both a design and a height of which folks in other countries could only dream and the public isn't happy. There is some serious NIMBYism over there but I can imagine being it this way in Slovakia too if such a building would one day rise here

But I'm glad that it is impossible to stop this tower at this point, although this is negative news for other proposals

Equario, inno4321, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:31 PM   #2817
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6744

Just move the airport, build many tall buildings there.

Prohibit heli or aircraft to go nearby that area

S korea undergo through modernization and as a developed country it should has supertalls, many many skyscraper in order to squeeze the people into the city

The lotte tower could also be pride of south korea, image of south korea as well as the icon and to show the strength of the country economics.

So continue to build lotte supertall, go go lotte chairman!

Kanto, Equario, inno4321 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:51 PM   #2818
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Oh Come On! This s**t news miss on my 'agenda' of the unfortunate project of South Korea. F**k! I hope that this is only a moment that Korean people are passing and they change idea when Lotte Tower'll finish (I hope!)
No, please, continue this construction! God, if you exist, is that the tower is over and that the projects approved and/or proposed to be constructed, please!

Kanto, inno4321, Daehanminguk liked this post
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM   #2819
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Stopping Lotte is impossible thankfully. I bet when it opens the haters will be come lovers and this will by Seoul's symbol.

Kanto, inno4321, bigreach liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:52 PM   #2820
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Just move the airport, build many tall buildings there.

Prohibit heli or aircraft to go nearby that area

S korea undergo through modernization and as a developed country it should has supertalls, many many skyscraper in order to squeeze the people into the city

The lotte tower could also be pride of south korea, image of south korea as well as the icon and to show the strength of the country economics.

So continue to build lotte supertall, go go lotte chairman!
The fact that some morons once again try to raise the same old damn issues against this Lotte building in the middle of its half done construction is beyond ridiculous and extremely pissing. This is the reason why I have lost my faith in the Korean politics and many officials long ago.
I agree that they should move the damn air strip farther out of Seoul entirely.
If you think that the air strip alone can defend Seoul from NK's attack, you may be thinking defense like the two former presidents of SK. I think you know whom I am talking about.

Kanto, inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea