daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 31st, 2013, 06:05 PM   #2981
erkantang

Likes (Received): 185

Has anybody pics form seoul new years celebration

inno4321, Daehanminguk liked this post

Last edited by erkantang; December 31st, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2982
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

I saw Gayo Daejejeon live from Seoul today. Very awesome program, but, where is located KBS Hall (KBS 홀)? I didn't see a famous building.
Post dedicated at Korean lol

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2983
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6739

Seoul indeed lacking in New year firework, they should have fireworks along the Great Han River released from the brigdes with the background of 63 building & IFC just like in Sydney

inno4321 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:07 AM   #2984
Seoul_Korea
Europa

In Italy is 2014 now, finally

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014

Daehanminguk, inno4321 liked this post
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:15 AM   #2985
erkantang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
In Italy is 2014 now, finally
in europe its 2014 now

inno4321 liked this post
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:26 AM   #2986
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Seoul indeed lacking in New year firework, they should have fireworks along the Great Han River released from the brigdes with the background of 63 building & IFC just like in Sydney
ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU. I'm envy singapore's great landscape beside waterfront. You know. Seoul have world best city river but they don't develop han river due to "ANTI DEVELOP CULTURE".

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Equario, Daehanminguk, Sister Ray, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:14 AM   #2987
chang4
South Korea

Likes (Received): 26

My wife's sister lives just behind Ttukseom Resort so I'm quite interested in how this tower looks from that part of the river. It's only reallt lately that it has a presence on the skyline when viewed from that part of Seoul. It's going to look amazing from the small entertainment district just to the immediate east in Jamsil, which is pretty low rise and has the building searing up at the end of one very nearby restaurant/bar street there. I also wonder what the view is from the apartments in the nearby Parkrio complex (pictured)?

Old January 1st, 2014, 12:49 PM   #2988
Seoul_Korea
Europa

fantastic pics, thanks

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014

Old January 1st, 2014, 03:12 PM   #2989
Seoul_Korea
Europa

When the mayor of Seoul finish his charge? In 2014 right?

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014

Old January 1st, 2014, 03:51 PM   #2990
inno4321

Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.daum.net/gjrhd8878/8262350
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
When the mayor of Seoul finish his charge? In 2014 right?

But his tyranny(damaged) on seoul too deep to recover. Very important projects disappears during his reign. Forever ...........

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:17 PM   #2991
Seoul_Korea
Europa

don't worry inno Seoul, after this f***in' mayor, can be an awesome city be patient and you will see that there will lots of proposed and u/c supertall don't worry

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014

Old January 1st, 2014, 05:20 PM   #2992
Daehanminguk
대한민국 사랑해

Likes (Received): 67

fantastic update thanx to all I hope that in this month I will go to Seoul
South Korea
South Korea

Seoul_Korea, inno4321 liked this post
Daehanminguk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:17 PM   #2993
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Equario, Seoul_Korea, inno4321 liked this post
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:30 PM   #2994
erkantang

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU. I'm envy singapore's great landscape beside waterfront. You know. Seoul have world best city river but they don't develop han river due to "ANTI DEVELOP CULTURE".
really,dont they have fireworks?

inno4321 liked this post
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:53 PM   #2995
Alluxi

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Been to Tokyo, Osaka and Seoul, and I am still in love with Seoul. The Han river is so amazing, shopping streets like Namdaemun really great and I find more beautiful women in Seoul than in Tokyo or Osaka.

P.S Seoul are better than Tokyo/Osaka but Tokyo/Osaka are awesome as well.
I agree with you, the Han river is wonderful. This is the thing I like the most about Seoul: thanks to its river and its mountains, Seoul is a city that lives in harmony with nature. Unfortunately for geographic reasons the same harmony in Tokyo is hidden. Tokyo dwells on a plain and Japan is made of isles, so the rivers cannot be so huge as in Korea. If only Tokyo would develop the waterfront and the banks of the spiderweb of channels and rivers that cross the city, than it would be another pair of hands!

I like both cities, but I prefer Tokyo' architecture (more classy and clean IMO), although I have to admit many buildings in Seoul are very nice and I like the curvy shapes (for example, Korean residential towers are better than Japanese). I suppose that is a matter of economy: last decades were not good for Japan, so it hasn't many money to spend in redevelopments, especially the small cities. The exact opposite of Korea.

I also like Seoul subway, so colorful. Both city have cool style and street fashion, pop culture and traditional culture as well.

But I disagree about beautiful women: Korean women are prettier, I admit, but plastic surgery is so popular in SK, so you can't know if the girls you see are "natural" or silicone. At least when you see a beautiful Japanese woman you know there isn't any cheat

Let's go back on topic: I really like this tower, I'm happy Seoul has it, it will be the city's brightest diamond, once completed
I hope something with the same beauty will be build in Tokyo, I'm still dreaming for a supertall that never comes

Happy 2014 to everybody, I wish from this year Japan and Korea will work toghether to put the word "end" on their political and historical issues, so the two countries and people can friendly enjoy the mutual influence in the cultural, economic (etc) fields.

-sorry for my long post-

Seoul_Korea, inno4321 liked this post
Alluxi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:09 AM   #2996
Seoul_Korea
Europa

for the architecture, I love both architecture of the cities, but I think that Seoul buildings seem more modern than buildings in Tokyo, IMO

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014

Daehanminguk liked this post
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:00 AM   #2997
Glen Bates

Likes (Received): 29

The photographs of Seoul are amazing... Such a huge city, and a skyline which I think is hard it rival! As for this particular tower (and I'm sure I am not the first to say this), the design of the top section seems to derive from The Shard in London, but this is much, much smoother and cleaner in finish and form. I hope I get the chance to see this tower and indeed Seoul in general someday. - G

inno4321 liked this post
Glen Bates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:03 AM   #2998
inno4321

Above photos copyright belong to http://changsin0602.blog.me/10182579635
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
I saw Gayo Daejejeon live from Seoul today. Very awesome program, but, where is located KBS Hall (KBS 홀)? I didn't see a famous building.
Post dedicated at Korean lol
KBS Hall located in YEUIDO(some block far away from IFC SEOUL BUILDING AND 63 building)
Me too i saw Gayo Daejejeon live yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkantang View Post
in europe its 2014 now
Happy new years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
7 hours for me too.
2014 Happy new years

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFKT View Post
We still have 3 and a half hours left.
Happy new years

Quote:
don't worry inno Seoul, after this f***in' mayor, can be an awesome city be patient and you will see that there will lots of proposed and u/c supertall don't worry

Appreciated for your consolation for me and seoul. really thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkantang View Post
really,dont they have fireworks?
Yeap don't fireworks. But there is annual firework in han river(beside 63 building) every years around autumn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluxi View Post
I agree with you, the Han river is wonderful. This is the thing I like the most about Seoul: thanks to its river and its mountains, Seoul is a city that lives in harmony with nature. Unfortunately for geographic reasons the same harmony in Tokyo is hidden. Tokyo dwells on a plain and Japan is made of isles, so the rivers cannot be so huge as in Korea. If only Tokyo would develop the waterfront and the banks of the spiderweb of channels and rivers that cross the city, than it would be another pair of hands!

I like both cities, but I prefer Tokyo' architecture (more classy and clean IMO), although I have to admit many buildings in Seoul are very nice and I like the curvy shapes (for example, Korean residential towers are better than Japanese). I suppose that is a matter of economy: last decades were not good for Japan, so it hasn't many money to spend in redevelopments, especially the small cities. The exact opposite of Korea.

I also like Seoul subway, so colorful. Both city have cool style and street fashion, pop culture and traditional culture as well.

But I disagree about beautiful women: Korean women are prettier, I admit, but plastic surgery is so popular in SK, so you can't know if the girls you see are "natural" or silicone. At least when you see a beautiful Japanese woman you know there isn't any cheat

Let's go back on topic: I really like this tower, I'm happy Seoul has it, it will be the city's brightest diamond, once completed
I hope something with the same beauty will be build in Tokyo, I'm still dreaming for a supertall that never comes

Happy 2014 to everybody, I wish from this year Japan and Korea will work toghether to put the word "end" on their political and historical issues, so the two countries and people can friendly enjoy the mutual influence in the cultural, economic (etc) fields.

-sorry for my long post-

Agree I had been visit TOKYO OSAKA KYOTO. Amazing city it was...
Especially japan's ordinary house area is very clean and arranged.

As you said korean and japan is twin country. Both of them influenced each others for long time.(even blood mixed for long times)

I hope korea and japan be friend and peacefully relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Bates View Post
The photographs of Seoul are amazing... Such a huge city, and a skyline which I think is hard it rival! As for this particular tower (and I'm sure I am not the first to say this), the design of the top section seems to derive from The Shard in London, but this is much, much smoother and cleaner in finish and form. I hope I get the chance to see this tower and indeed Seoul in general someday. - G

Good comment.

Equario, Daehanminguk, Alluxi, Swiddle, Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:10 AM   #2999
chang4
South Korea

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
for the architecture, I love both architecture of the cities, but I think that Seoul buildings seem more modern than buildings in Tokyo, IMO

I've spent time in both Seoul and Tokyo, and my own opinion is that both have their pro's and con's in my mind.

I think Seoul is maybe even higher density than Tokyo, but Tokyo has very little wasted space and a lot of very compact housing over a larger area. I also sense more of an American influence in Seoul with a lot more English written around the place.

The CBD in Tokyo around the Imperial Palace I like the most, not the tallest buildings but the quality of the buildings is very high. Seoul, I like Gwangjin-gu mostly because it is a good mix of old and new, and just seems more Korean than Gangnam, etc.

inno4321 liked this post
chang4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:46 AM   #3000
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by chang4 View Post
I've spent time in both Seoul and Tokyo, and my own opinion is that both have their pro's and con's in my mind.

I think Seoul is maybe even higher density than Tokyo, but Tokyo has very little wasted space and a lot of very compact housing over a larger area. I also sense more of an American influence in Seoul with a lot more English written around the place.

The CBD in Tokyo around the Imperial Palace I like the most, not the tallest buildings but the quality of the buildings is very high. Seoul, I like Gwangjin-gu mostly because it is a good mix of old and new, and just seems more Korean than Gangnam, etc.
What a stranged things is. Though i'm a native of seoul...... I had never been go to the Gwangjin-gu(seoul district) in my whole life. Stir my desire for travel all around of seoul...

Daehanminguk, Zaz965 liked this post

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea