daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 10th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #3081
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6790

Dongdaemun Center Daebak! any thread on this? would like to see more inside

what will this center be used for?

on the side note Lotte tower progressing well, in 2016-2018 I Will Visit Korea Again, if possible watch the pyeongchang olympic

inno4321 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:09 PM   #3082
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
wow, a Hyundai Veloster anyway fantastic update

I'm really happy to see that the Dongdaemun Center will be open soon, I love the design of this building. Seoul is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Dongdaemun Center Daebak! any thread on this? would like to see more inside

what will this center be used for?

on the side note Lotte tower progressing well, in 2016-2018 I Will Visit Korea Again, if possible watch the pyeongchang olympic
WingWing welcome to Seoul. You are really seoul lover I'm also wish to visit to singgapore. Especially SANDERS HOTEL SWIMMING POOL
Gorgerous
THIS IS Dongdaemun Center THREAD
And I will go there when center official open day. Then i will uploaded some photos soon.
Design center used for OLD architecture(Chosun dynasty's ruins) musium and design center(fashion show etc)

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

WingWing, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #3083
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14457

Dongdaemun design center looks awesome!

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC

inno4321 liked this post
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #3084
WingWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

WingWing welcome to Seoul. You are really seoul lover I'm also wish to visit to singgapore. Especially SANDERS HOTEL SWIMMING POOL
Gorgerous
THIS IS Dongdaemun Center THREAD
And I will go there when center official open day. Then i will uploaded some photos soon.
Design center used for OLD architecture(Chosun dynasty's ruins) musium and design center(fashion show etc)
Thanks Bro

I have been to Seoul 2x, one time in 2003 when i was in high school and 2010 which is the recent one.
Seoul really an interesting city, other than Tokyo and probably Taipei, Seoul is a fashion city, lifestyle city and a city that very retro and cool.

If u visiting singapore, do not choose peak season to swim on Sands swimming pool, it will be a nightmare

inno4321 liked this post
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #3085
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4628

Great update on Dongdaemun! They are building it since a long time, great to see some progress!

inno4321, WingWing liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #3086
Alluxi

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

Above photos copyright belong to http://news.chosun.com/site/data/htm...tml?news_Head1
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Dongdaemun design center will be open soon!!!! Norhtern east of SEOUL
Is it designed by Zaha Hadid?

inno4321 liked this post
Alluxi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:44 AM   #3087
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1031

Yes, it's Zaha Hadid. I'm glad to see it finally finished; it was just a bunch of undistinguished, low-profile buildings when I was there 2 years ago.

inno4321, Alluxi liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 10:22 AM   #3088
inno4321

Above photos copyright belong to http://www.ilbe.com/index.php?mid=il...srl=2723831048

This site for HYUNDAI&KIA HQ LANDMARK TOWER PROJECT OVER 500M(Now reject by seoul mayor,reject reason is TOO HIGH)
HYUDAI MOTORS want to built GLOBAL CENTER in this factory. over 500m hight.
Also you can see lotte tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Yes, it's Zaha Hadid. I'm glad to see it finally finished; it was just a bunch of undistinguished, low-profile buildings when I was there 2 years ago.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Seoul_Korea, Equario, Munwon, Alluxi, Mussoda and 2 others liked this post
Old January 11th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #3089
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Why would the mayor reject something because it's too high? Stupidest thing I've ever heard

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #3090
WingWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
Why would the mayor reject something because it's too high? Stupidest thing I've ever heard

Cos mayor afraid his private heli would crash onto the building

inno4321 liked this post
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:33 AM   #3091
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 577

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Cos mayor afraid his private heli would crash onto the building
Hey,
No mayor has his/her own private helicopters in korea.
Ulsan mayor once rode in firefighting helicopter in an emergency , he was making headline in newspapers and criticized severely by the citizens next day.

As for Hyundae Global bussiness center, the negociation between Hyndae and Seoul government fall apart. Also, Hyundae motor group's chairman, Jeong Monggu, decided not to carry foward the project due to financially troubling times.

seaniscoming, Kimiwind1184 liked this post

Last edited by citypia; January 12th, 2014 at 06:46 AM.
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #3092
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 577

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Robert Koehler님의 First Sunrise of 2014

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old January 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #3093
inno4321

Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/dlrkddn0690?Re...No=90187038281

Equario, Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #3094
inno4321

Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/gurenext?Redir...o=150182991883

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
Hey,
As for Hyundae Global bussiness center, the negociation between Hyndae and Seoul government fall apart. Also, Hyundae motor group's chairman, Jeong Monggu, decided not to carry foward the project due to financially troubling times.
citypia Please don't lying to others members who can not read KOREAN LETTER(news paper).
HYUNDAI 110FLOOR rejected by Seoul mayor not by financial problem. HYUNDAI motors have $20 billions CASH even short-term fund. GBC 110 TOWER is HYUNDAI CEO Mr jong's LAST dream!! financially troubling? kidding me?
This is bad things deceive other members who can't read or understand korean news isn't it? LET'S SPEAK TRUTH

About HYUNDAI 110 TOWER I uploaded news. Please visit to thread let talk. OK? I'm waits

orange boy, Equario, WingWing, Swiddle, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; January 12th, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #3095
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4628

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
I heard that due to national security and military reasons the regulations for building higher than ~30 floors is a bit complicated. The korean and US airforce are not happy with tall buildings. You can often see korean or US military helicopters flying around and from time to time even fighter jets.

Also high buildings can be a perfect target for a possible North Korean attack. Imagine what would happen if NK would blow up Lotte World Tower once its finished... Perfect demoralization of SK and the west, and perfect propaganda for the North Korean people. Its unlikely, but not impossible.

I'm not sure if thats fully true, but those height restrictions kinda make sense to me, even though i hate it.

SkYsCrApEr2013, inno4321, Equario, citypia liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #3096
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
I heard that due to national security and military reasons the regulations for building higher than ~30 floors is a bit complicated. The korean and US airforce are not happy with tall buildings. You can often see korean or US military helicopters flying around and from time to time even fighter jets.

Also high buildings can be a perfect target for a possible North Korean attack. Imagine what would happen if NK would blow up Lotte World Tower once its finished... Perfect demoralization of SK and the west, and perfect propaganda for the North Korean people. Its unlikely, but not impossible.

I'm not sure if thats fully true, but those height restrictions kinda make sense to me, even though i hate it.
Dear humptydumpty Thanks
Your explanation is right. Base on your correct explanation I'm add some,, that military reasons concern with LOTTE TOWER. Still many discussion about LOTTE TOWER and militray effect.
Bytheway HYUNDAI 110 TOWER 0% no related with military reason. Reject reason is TOO HIGH. So seongdong district council and seongdong district congressman angry about irrational skyline regulation. thanks

Equario, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; January 12th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:50 AM   #3097
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

i delete it..sorry..

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by cestlavie24; January 13th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:48 AM   #3098
Sister Ray
Just like Sister Ray said

Likes (Received): 487

Dongdaemun Design Centre is looking really promising. Can't wait to look around. May have to be content with Inno's photos for the time being though.
I really like the shot of Lotte Tower from the street of villas (in the Korean sense of the word,) too.

inno4321 liked this post
Sister Ray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #3099
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Likes (Received): 9121

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post

Because, This area is surrounded by Seoul Forest.

Former mayor Lee created Seoul Forest and made by seoul citizen's tax.

But mayor Lee did a favor for some corps who want build luxury Apartment & stores in Seoul Forest.

Mayor sell some area to them very cheaply(when we think about they have chance to get very big big money from that..)

So three of one corp success build APT( if we want buy one..just pay over 200 mill $ to 400 mill $) - another two corps havs problem..didn't start yet...

this APT surrounded by Seoul Forest..that was include Seoul Forest area.. it looks like our tax used for some riches...

Sadly, that's not true.

The apartment zone was not a part of Seoul Forest park but in 'commercial-use land(상업용지)' in itself, where multi-use apartments(주상복합 아파트) are supposed to be built.

and Seoul city government sold them at the very high price as 60 million won per pyeong(3.3 square meter) by the open bidding. (=$56,800 at current exchange rate)
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0000019317

The price was even two times higher than 30million won per pyeong of Dogok-dong Towerpalace land in Gangnam which Seoul sold in 1995.
Mussoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #3100
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post
Sadly, that's not true.

The apartment zone was not a part of Seoul Forest park but in 'commercial-use land(상업용지)' in itself, where multi-use apartments(주상복합 아파트) are supposed to be built.

and Seoul city government sold them at the very high price as 60 million won per pyeong(3.3 square meter) by the open bidding. (=$56,800 at current exchange rate)
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0000019317

The price was even two times higher than 30million won per pyeong of Dogok-dong Towerpalace land in Gangnam which Seoul sold in 1995.

ok... that is my mitake.. i didn't try find that kind of news...

i have to delete.
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea