daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #3441
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

Today, March 15th:

Source: http://poison777.tistory.com/4329

- They are re-assembling the left tower crane
- Cladding continues to rise
- They continue the steelwork. Mega columns increased in height by 3 floors.

Everything is going according to plan
Honestly, I don't care at all if the mall will open this May or in 2 years.
I don't want to buy Gucci handbags, I just want to stand on the top of the tower in 2016 and enjoy the incredible view!

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #3442
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

It's nice to see this project is still going well in spite of all the political wranglings. I have been always stressing here the fact that Seoul's skyline badly needs class, a charisma and a direction going forward. Nowadays even the Chinese skylines look much more interesting. Adding insult to injury, a few Korean Baroque politicians get in the way to spoil our hopes for the future of beautiful Seoul. Over and over again, this brings a lot of tears to my eyes.

inno4321 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #3443
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12441

MARCH 2014

APRIL 2012
More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://timedesign.co.kr/206010734
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Inno you make this forum,, without you most of us around the World would be lost, I'd like to Thank you, and I'm sure 100's of others would agree. You put a lot of time into this, and you definitely love your city.. (Your photo's and news of the daily events in this city are Awesome. I don't know if you understand English? But obviously you take the time out,, translate with google, and answer all our questions.. I'm very happy to see you part of this Forum, I thank you, and hope that (Monkey Ass Mayor) doesn't get his ass elected, or we would probably never see Lotte Seoul grow to it's full height.

I thank you!!!!

And when you're done with this,, make sure Busan lotte gets built to full height.... Just kidding, 1 massive skyscraper at a time.

I'm really appreciate for your contribution&interesting about lotte tower!! Thanks you understand my broken poor english!! Go SHANGHAI TOWER!
Plus Also I'm respect to antares031 who every week monday regularly uploaded lotte tower photos. I just borrow photos from web but he is directly take a photos from construction site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
LWT must win against this ******* mayor!
SEOUL must win against this mayor and see their wonderful projects completed! Go Seoul, we are with you!

Thanks! Though many opposition from inside Lotte tower and Seoul's project will be triumph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
If they would have opened in May, you might probably hear of a traffic and management disaster and that might even stall the building process of the main tower. Don't believe anything said by Inno, I wouldn't rely on that guy anymore. Instead of criticizing the mayor, you probably have to give him credit for the postponing of the inauguration. Bravo to him.

Hey guy Seoul mayor's reject reason is not traff problem but fire accident and tower safety issues! Understand?
Also Hey Kimiwind1184 You can't hurt me or stop me. OK? Cause no body trust you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
So to ensure traffic smooth and good building progress, how about suggesting the building to be completed by 2025? That would be better idea than the idiot mayor?

I'm 100% behind with you.
In seoul 80% car is only 1 person take inside car(which means drive alone). Some people complain about lotte tower's traffic jam but they drive car alone! How egoist they are! Maybe they still complain after 2025

Futhermore Around JAMSIL area perfect for public transfer system(subway&bus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
It's nice to see this project is still going well in spite of all the political wranglings. I have been always stressing here the fact that Seoul's skyline badly needs class, a charisma and a direction going forward. Nowadays even the Chinese skylines look much more interesting. Adding insult to injury, a few Korean Baroque politicians get in the way to spoil our hopes for the future of beautiful Seoul. Over and over again, this brings a lot of tears to my eyes.

Long time no see glad to see you in thread!
Right Nowadays even the Chinese skylines look much more interesting!!
Especially SHANGHI and SHANGHI tower is awesome! I heard they support by china administration. But Seoul is opposite situation.
And thank you for your correct analyse comment. I learn from you.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Equario, Seoul_Korea, Sr.Horn, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; March 15th, 2014 at 04:27 PM.
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 12:19 AM   #3444
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Hey guy Seoul mayor's reject reason is not traff problem but fire accident and tower safety issues! Understand?
Also Hey Kimiwind1184 You can't hurt me or stop me. OK? Cause no body trust you.
I know, and add to that few other reasons. So you know there are enough excuses to postpone the opening of the mall. In this case, don't blame it on the mayor again. Too bad you still don't realize that he is doing things in your favor. Cancelling big projects isn't something new. Tokyo had its only supertall project proposed a decade ago but eventually it was canceled.
Nobody blamed the mayor. There are things that the mayor himself can't really control. Give him a break, please.

I never meant to hurt your feelings. I apologize if I did by any means. Keep up the the good job man.

inno4321 liked this post
Kimiwind1184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 02:04 AM   #3445
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 354

If you stacked the anti-mayor comments in this thread they would exceed the hight of the tower....

Just be glad you don't live in Western Europe because almost NO politician there would approve anything 1/4 of this height.

South Korea (and Seoul) doesn't seem a bad place to live if you like tall buildings- except if you compare to China.... And that would depress everyone wouldn't it

Shaddorry, humptydumpty7 liked this post
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:38 AM   #3446
architec101
BANNED

What can you tell me about Seoul that I should get excited about? Let's suppose I am a foreign tourist prospect.

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by architec101; March 16th, 2014 at 04:47 AM.
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #3447
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

chamsil don't has perfect traffic system..
traffic jam shows that.
lotte world has two subway line.. but one is line 8(very few people use. that is lowest in seoul.) so that is no meaning. if lotte world has four subway line like a 'Enter 6 mall' traffic will no problem...
lotte and seoul gov promise build some road and tranfer system for that.. but not yet...so..seoul can not help for open partly..
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #3448
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by KøbenhavnK View Post
Just be glad you don't live in Western Europe because almost NO politician there would approve anything 1/4 of this height.
you tell me about it. The highest building in Belgium, the Tour-du-Midi in Brussels, I used to pass it by train every day until last year. How high is it? Somewhere around 150 meters? That's almost nothing for the highest building of a country...
Here it is:
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #3449
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Quote:
I'm 100% behind with you.
In seoul 80% car is only 1 person take inside car(which means drive alone).
I think is a big problem in whole Korea

I pray for a quickly improvement on rail tracks upgrades like Donghae-Nambu and others around Seoul.

Don't understand why in the last times there no major projects on commuter lines, and only projects of small and shit transport like "Yongin Everliner". More heavy rail please! Quickly!

BTW the Lotte World Tower rise with no major problems apparently. The only exciting skyscraper project at this moment.

inno4321, aquaticko liked this post

Last edited by Sr.Horn; March 16th, 2014 at 06:33 AM.
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #3450
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

These guys are reporting on S. Korea's status, I'm sitting here in midwest USA,, I didn't know any of this shit was going on in S. Korea, these guys are letting us know what the hell's going on, and they're a major credit to the Forum. Inno, South Korea, humpty dumpty?

Finally regular people's voices can be heard!

N

inno4321, Seoul_Korea liked this post

Last edited by bigreach; March 16th, 2014 at 07:27 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #3451
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Apparently, the plan for the Incumbent is to cap Lotte World at 70-80 stories. The opponent (mayoral Candidate, who we want! ) is going to continue with FULL construction/height ,, Then continue with the rest of the whole area site plan. That's what I gather from Inno and company. So Yes,, all us Scraper fans, WE want Monkey ass mayor OUT TOO!!

inno4321, Seoul_Korea liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #3452
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Quote:

MARCH 2014

APRIL 2012
It isn't an enormous progress of the principal tower, but for the mall, the cinema and the other structures that compose this project is an enormous progress in only 2 years
If you compare South Korea with Italy (where I live unfortunately) there is a giant difference.
In Italy a construction of this type never say the light in only 2 years, but not even in 50 years and then, if there will the possibility to build a tower like this in Italy, the tower, maybe, will be complete after 10 years, not only 4 years expected for LWT.
So be proud of South Korea, also with all these problems that make constructions in Korea difficult to rise, but, at least, quickly or slowly, rise!
I'M PROUD OF A COUNTRY THAT ISN'T MY COUNTRY, THAT MAKE A LOT OF PROGRESS IN FEW YEARS, I'M PROUD OF SOUTH KOREA!
IN THIS CASE, ITALY SUCKS!

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk, inno4321, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by Seoul_Korea; March 16th, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #3453
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
I'M PROUD OF A COUNTRY THAT ISN'T MY COUNTRY, THAT MAKE A LOT OF PROGRESS IN FEW YEARS, I'M PROUD OF SOUTH KOREA!
IN THIS CASE, ITALY SUCKS!
Where do you live? In Cagliari?
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #3454
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
Where do you live? In Cagliari?
I live in Lecce

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk, inno4321, bigreach liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #3455
inno4321

These photos are IFC accident.

IFC TOWER completed at 2012. Before completion SEOUL MAYOR allowed "temporary mall open& used before tower T/O".
What about LOTTE TOWER? SEOUL reject "temporary mall open" DUE TO SAFETY reason yesterday!
SAFETY?
IFC 5 times BIG accident than LOTTE TOWER
and 3 worker dead even basement collapse plus Fire accident inside mall(daytime)
at that time many citizens escape from mall(For 1 hour take until fire extinguish)

Lotte only 1 person dead. Fire was small after 30 minute extinguish!

So IFC was safety than lotte? 3 worker dead is minor problem so seoul allowed permission?
Meanwhile LOTTE TOWER is disaster? So lotte tower can not open before T/O?
Furthermore SEOUL didn't ask $ 1 billion to IFC but they ask $ 1 billion to LOTTE. Already they pay for traffic solution.

As skyscraper fan&lover I'm not the one who lotte tower make it for political issue
But SEOUL MAYOR and his supporter make it used for!!
In SEOUL Not only LOTTE TOWER but also skyscraper is political issue like a OBAMA heath care issue in USA(no offensive means sorry).

Opposite party of Skorea accused skyscraper as a disaster&negative subject(Include yongsan IBD,HYUNDAI HQ,SEOULITE,EVEN SEOUL ITSELF)thanks

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; March 16th, 2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #3456
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.daum.net/ls115/16023168
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Seoul_Korea, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #3457
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

Quote:
What can you tell me about Seoul that I should get excited about? Let's suppose I am a foreign tourist prospect.
Wow, are you trolling us? Or do you genuinely not know?

-The five Joseon era palaces in Jongno, one of which, Changdeokgung is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
-Shopping in Myeongdong, Itaweon, Gangnam
-Food literally everywhere; Seoul is an excellent city for cuisine of all types, and getting even better with time
-Lots of small Buddhist temples all around the outskirts of the city
-Parks and hiking; Namsan in the middle of the city, Bukhansan National Park to the north, and Gwanaksan to the south, along with Hangang Park in Yeouido and Seoul Forest in Tteukseom
-The National Museum of Korea in Yongsan
-Coffee houses and Indie music scene in Hongdae
-The Lotte World indoor amusement park that this tower is being built next to, and the Olympic Park nearby

If you're just not interested in Korea or Korean things, fine. Don't expect a single +500m tower to change that.

inno4321, WingWing liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #3458
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6744

One more , the nightlife in Korea

inno4321 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #3459
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Wow, are you trolling us? Or do you genuinely not know?

-The five Joseon era palaces in Jongno, one of which, Changdeokgung is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
-Shopping in Myeongdong, Itaweon, Gangnam
-Food literally everywhere; Seoul is an excellent city for cuisine of all types, and getting even better with time
-Lots of small Buddhist temples all around the outskirts of the city
-Parks and hiking; Namsan in the middle of the city, Bukhansan National Park to the north, and Gwanaksan to the south, along with Hangang Park in Yeouido and Seoul Forest in Tteukseom
-The National Museum of Korea in Yongsan
-Coffee houses and Indie music scene in Hongdae
-The Lotte World indoor amusement park that this tower is being built next to, and the Olympic Park nearby

If you're just not interested in Korea or Korean things, fine. Don't expect a single +500m tower to change that.
The list that you have suggested are warm but not especially outstanding in comparison to what other cities such as Tokyo or Shanghai may offer. I was hoping that you may come up with compelling points of interest that make those potential visitors to choose Seoul over other cities such as Tokyo, Hong Kong or Shanghai. You've said that a supertall building alone can't make a big difference in tourism interest. LOL, with all due respect, I don't think you have a clue there. This is a mega shopping mall, not a dead monument.

inno4321 liked this post
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #3460
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

Quote:
The list that you have suggested are warm but not especially outstanding in comparison to what other cities such as Tokyo or Shanghai may offer. I was hoping that you may come up with compelling points of interest that make those potential visitors to choose Seoul over other cities such as Tokyo, Hong Kong or Shanghai. You've said that a supertall building alone can't make a big difference in tourism interest. LOL, with all due respect, I don't think you have a clue there. This is a mega shopping mall, not a dead monument.
So, somehow, all these things on this short, quick list, many of which either present a uniquely-flavored Korean experience (shopping, cuisine, coffee houses, temples), are uniquely Korean (the palaces, the museums), or are things that aren't uniquely Korean but still nice experiences whenever they happen anywhere (parks and hiking, the amusement park), are less interesting and unique than a mall? What planet are you from?
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea