daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2014, 05:19 AM   #3521
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I just hope that face is Korean, and not one designed by a bunch of starchitects with no knowledge, understanding, or appreciation for Korean aesthetics and historical architecture. Why does Taipei get its iconic Taipei 101, Shanghai has Jinmao and the Shanghai Tower, and Seoul has to want all these nouveau-riche trophies?

Postmodern architecture has the potential to be so sensitive to traditional aesthetics, and yet seems far more often sterile, insensitive, and placeless. I think Korea is better than that, or at least it deserves better than that.
I do appreciate your architectural insight but I believe Seoul needs to clean up some obvious eyesores before anything else. It appears that Seoul folks don't seem to have much desire for a clean and stylish living environment. The only thing that they seem to be good at is protesting in the streets.

Zaz965 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2014, 06:28 AM   #3522
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1025

Once again, I must say that I hate sounding like an incessant Korea booster/defender, and goodness knows that there are a lot of things that I myself would love to see happen to improve the aesthetics and living conditions of Seoul and South Korean cities generally, but the negative, at-best-blasé attitude that you and more than a few other people seem to have about the actual reality of the place truly boggles the mind (and I hate that phrase). The place is incredibly nuanced, and deserves an appropriately-nuanced examination, one which you seem to continually fail to give.

Improving a place does not mean leveling it and bringing in someone without the faintest conception of it to rebuild, and ppalli ppali does not make for the highest-quality, as Koreans are finally understanding. Those methods have, can, and often will go badly, and anyone with any knowledge of the history of city building projects, whether in South Korea or elsewhere, ought to understand why Koreans would thus be hesitant to just build, build, build.

Look at how long the LWT took to come to fruition, and tell me it's not worth the patience and hesitation.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 06:39 AM   #3523
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Great updates Inno,, love the comparison photo fro 2013 to 2014,, Seoul Lotte tower, NEEDS to rise to full height.. Looks great!!!

inno4321 liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 04:00 PM   #3524
architec101
BANNED

I absolutely want the Seoul old plaza building torn down NOW! It's a Japanese colonial eyesore that must go, and with the new building behind, now the Seoul plaza looks like a large mole right in your face.
Once someone's said, the true democracy does not work well for Koreans and that may be shamefully true from many evidences in Seoul.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 23rd, 2014, 04:48 PM   #3525
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 519

I personally like it? IMO, I actually prefer it over the ugly glass mound behind it. Each to their own, I guess.

inno4321 liked this post
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 07:16 PM   #3526
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post
I personally like it? IMO, I actually prefer it over the ugly glass mound behind it. Each to their own, I guess.
Of course, that's since you may be one of pro-Japan chaps and you are indifferent about Japan's brutal treatment of Koreans. I bet you would not mind to giving up Dok-Do to Japan as well. Don't get me wrong. I don't particularly hate Japan but I know who I am and where I came from.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 23rd, 2014, 07:23 PM   #3527
aquaticko

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
Of course, that's since you may be one of pro-Japan chaps and you are indifferent about Japan's brutal treatment of Koreans. I bet you would not mind to giving up Dok-Do to Japan as well. Don't get me wrong. I don't particularly hate Japan but I know who I am and where I came from.
See? What is with these totally-unsubstantiated, left-field critiques? You don't know anything about his feelings on Korea or Japan. It would've even been okay if you had mentioned that the old city hall building serves as a reminder of the colonial era, and that that's not a good thing, but instead you go all ad hominem.

Frankly, I think the blend of old and new is neat, even if it could've and should've been better-integrated. That's one reason why I like LWT: it carries gestures of old Seoul and Korean aesthetic, but is at the same time totally modern.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 07:27 PM   #3528
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
See? What is with these totally-unsubstantiated, left-field critiques? You don't know anything about his feelings on Korea or Japan. It would've even been okay if you had mentioned that the old city hall building serves as a reminder of the colonial era, and that that's not a good thing, but instead you go all ad hominem.

Frankly, I think the blend of old and new is neat, even if it could've and should've been better-integrated. That's one reason why I like LWT: it carries gestures of old Seoul and Korean aesthetic, but is at the same time totally modern.
You must be out of your mind.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 23rd, 2014, 08:15 PM   #3529
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Let's come back on topic thanks!

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

inno4321, Daehanminguk, WingWing liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 09:48 PM   #3530
aquaticko

Quote:
You must be out of your mind.
More ad hominem. It's like arguing with a 13-year old.

Tell me why you think that, and then we can have substantive conversations.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 10:23 PM   #3531
no_
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Seoul must be amazing and it will be even more with that redevelopped area! Korea is growing very fast! I would love to go to Seoul and to see this skyscraper once it's completed.

Here in Europe we can feel the "invation" of Korean products such as cars, phones and PSY

I am just sorry that you are separated and that North Koreans have no idea about what is going on in the South and the whole world. One day, I hope, when you will be united, those from the North will be completely shocked when they arrive to the South by such a great architecture!

Bravo Korea! You are doing very well!

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
no_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 10:44 PM   #3532
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
More ad hominem. It's like arguing with a 13-year old.

Tell me why you think that, and then we can have substantive conversations.
The new one was supposed to replace the old one until some morons came along. Now you are saying it's fine just as is. C'mon, are you kidding me?
Do you know what the New Yorkers would say when someone is talking for sake of an absurd argument? "Get out of here."

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 23rd, 2014, 11:29 PM   #3533
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/jagu24?Redirec...No=80209805584
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_ View Post
Seoul must be amazing and it will be even more with that redevelopped area! Korea is growing very fast! I would love to go to Seoul and to see this skyscraper once it's completed.

Here in Europe we can feel the "invation" of Korean products such as cars, phones and PSY

I am just sorry that you are separated and that North Koreans have no idea about what is going on in the South and the whole world. One day, I hope, when you will be united, those from the North will be completely shocked when they arrive to the South by such a great architecture!

Bravo Korea! You are doing very well!

thanks. buddy welcome to seoul anytime

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Shaddorry, orange boy, Swiddle, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 11:34 PM   #3534
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://point8949.blog.me/150187454686

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Great updates Inno,, love the comparison photo fro 2013 to 2014,, Seoul Lotte tower, NEEDS to rise to full height.. Looks great!!!

thanks

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 24th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #3535
aquaticko

Quote:
The new one was supposed to replace the old one until some morons came along. Now you are saying it's fine just as is. C'mon, are you kidding me?
Do you know what the New Yorkers would say when someone is talking for sake of an absurd argument? "Get out of here."
Okay, I think we are in fact done talking now. I happen to think it's okay how it is, and that's "absurd"? You, sir are an idiot.

If a mod wants to delete all that we've been going on about, I totally understand....

humptydumpty7 liked this post
Old March 24th, 2014, 12:49 AM   #3536
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-2AveRIrUAa1_7BLSD8XCI85zikJ9Br2umf94i-DhBN-rMsqmwQ[/IMG]
Quote:
Sorry photo spread came. Have you ever deleted a photo juinbun said, do not matter, if you wish to ask me your comments and notes
I'll just delete immediately. Thanks for the good in a picture.
This is how google translate works... I think Korean is too difficult for it.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 12:58 AM   #3537
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://poison777.tistory.com/4348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-2AveRIrUAa1_7BLSD8XCI85zikJ9Br2umf94i-DhBN-rMsqmwQ[/IMG]

This is how google translate works... I think Korean is too difficult for it.

that korean letter mean compyright express to original photo owner. good translate

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 24th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #3538
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

you're kidding Inno, right? please confirm... if that's what it really meant then it is the poorest translation that i've ever seen from google.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #3539
inno4321

=>I'm so sorry for quote your(original uploader) photos. If you don't want your photos in here(SSC), then let me know through comment or send message to me i'll immediately delete. I'm appreciated for your amazing photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
you're kidding Inno, right? please confirm... if that's what it really meant then it is the poorest translation that i've ever seen from google.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 24th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #3540
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8232

"sorry photo spread came"

Shaddorry liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea