daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #3741
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12441

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://foxfactory.tistory.com/2008
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
Having a taller skyline is OK by me. Unfortunately, that may be the last thing Seoul should focus on in order to make itself a world class city. Here are some of my points that I'd like to happen before anything else.

1. Educate its citizens to maintain cleaner and neat living environments.
2. Encourage designs for all of the new buildings permitted.
3. Bury all electric wires into the ground.
4. Organize and impose greater restrictions on commercial signs in city streets
5. Put all the nasty eateries out of business if they don't comply with the law requirements.
6. Encourage green grass areas where ever possible.

I know SK is a political hot potato where daily social issues are overwhelming and people seem to be often too busy just making their end's meet everyday. However, it takes a direction and dedication to make your city a better and a world class place to live.

Good point agree
Among your direction most of them already "push up by Seoul predecessor mayor MR OH SAE HOON with administration policy name as DESIGN SEOUL"

DESIGN SEOUL policy had been changed nasty aspect of seoul city.

But now seoul mayor wonsung fxxk dismiss that policy. So that is why i hate that guy so much...

1. Educate its citizens to maintain cleaner and neat living environments.==> for example seoulite have bad custom which is "spit on the street" already propel by design seoul policy
2. Encourage designs for all of the new buildings permitted.==>already propel by design seoul policy
3. Bury all electric wires into the ground.==>already propel by design seoul policy
4. Organize and impose greater restrictions on commercial signs in city streets==>that is 아름다운 간판사업 beautiful sign make project.. already propel by design seoul policy
5. Put all the nasty eateries out of business if they don't comply with the law requirements.==> already propel by design seoul policy especially demolish illegal street vendors
6. Encourage green grass areas where ever possible.==> agree very important point. seoul need more green area in the city

unfortunately most of them direction now stop. now seoul only concentrated on planting rice in the city.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #3742
Smiazon

Likes (Received): 1175

I agree completely!
Smiazon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #3743
Smiazon

Likes (Received): 1175

Quote:
Having a taller skyline is OK by me. Unfortunately, that may be the last thing Seoul should focus on in order to make itself a world class city. Here are some of my points that I'd like to happen before anything else.

1. Educate its citizens to maintain cleaner and neat living environments.
2. Encourage designs for all of the new buildings permitted.
3. Bury all electric wires into the ground.
4. Organize and impose greater restrictions on commercial signs in city streets
5. Put all the nasty eateries out of business if they don't comply with the law requirements.
6. Encourage green grass areas where ever possible.

I know SK is a political hot potato where daily social issues are overwhelming and people seem to be often too busy just making their end's meet everyday. However, it takes a direction and dedication to make your city a better and a world class place to live.
I agree completely!

inno4321 liked this post
Smiazon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #3744
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6744

Things can be improved for Seoul

1. Encourage signs to have English as 2nd language
2. Paint the dull looking apartments into colorful building
3. Build some tall building around Gangnam area
4. Make the road wider (many small roads cant fit 2 cars at same time)
5. Elect Inno4321 as the New Mayor of Seoul

Equario, inno4321 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #3745
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

I think more should be done to support the street vendors. They were one of the more charming aspects of the city when I visited: somewhere to sit and have a quick bite of great food, although in hand with that support should be an expectation of better adherence to regulations on them, of course. I think it'd be really cool if they'd put Seoul on a road diet and dedicate some of the enhanced sidewalk space to street vendors in certain areas, especially in Jongno-gu and Yeouido-dong, so that they can operate without taking up walking space while isolating pedestrians from motor traffic.

Oh, and while we're at it get the moped delivery guys off the sidewalks. It's incredibly dangerous with them riding through.

WingWing, Ivanator liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #3746
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I think more should be done to support the street vendors. They were one of the more charming aspects of the city when I visited: somewhere to sit and have a quick bite of great food, although in hand with that support should be an expectation of better adherence to regulations on them, of course. I think it'd be really cool if they'd put Seoul on a road diet and dedicate some of the enhanced sidewalk space to street vendors in certain areas, especially in Jongno-gu and Yeouido-dong, so that they can operate without taking up walking space while isolating pedestrians from motor traffic.

Oh, and while we're at it get the moped delivery guys off the sidewalks. It's incredibly dangerous with them riding through.
Actually I love street vendors. I agree. SK gov. should take steps to clean up those messy areas of Seoul but at the same time, the livelihood of those vendors must not be jeopardized.
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #3747
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

i want explain about wrong information and talk my opinion

2. Encourage designs for all of the new buildings permitted.==>already propel by design seoul policy

(this campaign specially worked for the APT redevelopment that kick out noncharacteristic wide sqaure type APTs. so if you visit Seoul or any cities, you can see mass producted stick type APTs. I think that is nothing differnt from wide square APT. We need escape from APTs..

3. Bury all electric wires into the ground.==>already propel by design seoul policy

that is incorrect..this campaign has long history. it started in 1975 by president park. and then 1980's seoul asian game and olympic energized that.

5. Put all the nasty eateries out of business if they don't comply with the law requirements.==> already propel by design seoul policy especially demolish illegal street vendors

that is also incorrect. That also 1980's seoul asian game and olympic energized. when we hosted asian game and 88' olympic games we stared demolish street vendors and shantytown
but.. street vendors never give up. they organized like a family or gangs and fight for money.. it just kind of never ending war.. they dont care law...
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #3748
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6273

beautify Seoul river, akin to Cheongyecheong but on a massive scale.

Trees all over the city; every major street an avenue. Light coloured tarmac, hidden overhead cables.

Restore a heritage tram network, especially the shopping districts.

Rebuild old style districts, and key buildings from before the wars. Restore all the palaces, not just the largest two, and not just their existing buildings.

Create one main, grand temple (and a big **** off pagoda).

Stick a grand statue on one of the big hills (Buddha, Gwaneum?).

Maintain a cheap rent district in the centre. This will always attract the creatives, the budding talent and the best nightlife.

A vast urban 'oasis' scheme, especially for the apartment blocks where the vicinity and every available courtyard gets beautified. Paint exposed concrete blinding white.

Ease up maternity and paternity legislation, add incentives, add free education, schooling and playgrounds everywhere. This increases the birthrate. Failing that immigration = increased employment, less working hours but ensure the same/ rising pay for natives and newcomers alike through trade unions, media or activism.

inno4321 liked this post

Last edited by the spliff fairy; April 20th, 2014 at 11:18 AM.
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #3749
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://poison777.tistory.com/4474

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
i want explain about wrong information and talk my opinion
(this campaign specially worked for the APT redevelopment that kick out noncharacteristic wide sqaure type APTs. so if you visit Seoul or any cities, you can see mass producted stick type APTs. I think that is nothing differnt from wide square APT. We need escape from APTs..
that is incorrect..this campaign has long history. it started in 1975 by president park. and then 1980's seoul asian game and olympic energized that.
that is also incorrect. That also 1980's seoul asian game and olympic energized. when we hosted asian game and 88' olympic games we stared demolish street vendors and shantytown
but.. street vendors never give up. they organized like a family or gangs and fight for money.. it just kind of never ending war.. they dont care law...

cestlavie24 Thanks for your LYING I'd like to recommend Please visit DESIGN SEOUL THREAD
bytheway i 100% agree with you about illegal street vendors problem.
Street vendors problem is most headache nonsesne in seoul. they consistently harmful environment of seoul city. especially in the case of fedestrian friendly and public hygiene and gangster connection.
in the eye of foreigners vendors looks like a attractive tour items but in seoulites IT TOTALLY DISASTERS IN DAILY LIFE

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; April 20th, 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old April 20th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #3750
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

cestlavie24 Thanks for your LYING I'd like to recommend Please visit DESIGN SEOUL THREAD
bytheway i 100% agree with you about illegal street vendors problem.
Street vendors problem is most headache nonsesne in seoul. they consistently harming environment os seoul city. especially in the case of fedestrian friendly and public hygiene and gangster connection.[/QUOTE]

what is LYING???????
just read this...
http://www.keca.or.kr/home/1_library...gpmanbody.html
this document talks history of Bury all electric wires into the ground.

and you can find the contents very easily about demolishing street vender.
key word is 88 olympic and street vender...
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #3751
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

inno4321 and cestlavie24, why you have a quarrel everything one of you post on this thread?! Keep calm! Can you be friend? Please!

Anyway, beautiful shots inno4321

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk, inno4321 liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #3752
24/7
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

24/7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #3753
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://luvueun.blog.me/120211372293

Seoul_Korea, Equario, Daehanminguk, Zaz965 liked this post
Old April 20th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #3754
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Well, I forgot something of greater importance in my list of the world class city qualification.

7. Seoul must do a better job improving the quality of air.

Adding an insult to injuries, China's killer air blows over to SK making its bad air quality even worse.
As far as I know, SK hasn't said much against the Chinese dirty air. I wonder why.

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #3755
supertall555

Likes (Received): 73

2014.4.20 Lotte world tower

2014. 4. 20. current height 69 floor, 302 meter.

inno4321, Munwon, SkYsCrApEr2013, KDreamer liked this post

Last edited by supertall555; April 20th, 2014 at 04:17 PM.
supertall555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #3756
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/carpe715?Redir...o=140210879322

Quote:
Well, I forgot something of greater importance in my list of the world class city qualification.

7. Seoul must do a better job improving the quality of air.

Adding an insult to injuries, China's killer air blows over to SK making its bad air quality even worse.
As far as I know, SK hasn't said much against the Chinese dirty air. I wonder why.

Good point air problem is BIG ISSUE
Among air pollution 49% from china, 26% from stallite city of seoul only 21% from inside seoul

Equario, Seoul_Korea, Daehanminguk, Zaz965 liked this post
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #3757
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertall555 View Post
2014. 4. 20. current height 69 floor, 302 meter.
It's a supertall! YAY!

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:43 PM   #3758
Seoul_Korea
Europa

THE FIRST SUPERTALL OF SEOUL!

Congratulation Seoul!

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014

Daehanminguk, inno4321, vinttt liked this post
Old April 21st, 2014, 12:09 AM   #3759
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Hey, may i ask for something different? A 24h timelapse or so?
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 12:16 AM   #3760
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Italian people are with Korean people in this difficult moment. I've just seen that the dead of shipwreck are already 59... For me, a Korea lover, it's just a heartbreaking period... I'm so sorry for all the death and I'm just hoping that God will listen my prayers! I know, it's an off topic but I'd like to express my condolences at Korean people. I LOVE YOU KOREA! #PrayForSouthKorea

Anyway:
I want a 24h timelapse too, like said Shaddory

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014

Daehanminguk, bigreach, vinttt liked this post

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea