daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #3881
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6739

luxurious mall! nice design but somehow could add up more luxury feel to the design. or maybe the render not good enough, lets wait till it complete

bigreach liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #3882
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
When they built the Eiffel Tower in Paris all french people hated the tower. But now its one of the most famous landmark buildings and they love it.
I think it will be similar with LWT. After a few years koreans will be proud of it hopefully
Well, kind of the same story with the Uplace tower in Machelen, Belgium, just outside of the Belgian capital of Brussels. The construction has not even started but it might be the same story I think. I don't understand why people around the world don't think wider. In Belgium we have a saying about this: To live like horses with eye valves on.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 05:30 AM   #3883
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

I love, Inno's 1st pic show's the beauty of the complex.. Looks State Of The Art!
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #3884
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7052

jenny_seoul

isaacius0323

Old May 8th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #3885
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
I don't understand why the Seoul citizens make such a big problem out of this tower.
Recently, many newspapers bring stories about the horrible traffic situation around LWT area. People find it extremely inconvenient, as bus stops are now more far away from each other and traffic lanes were merged together. here is a source in Korean with some pictures: http://news.sportsseouli.com/read/economy/1365201.htm

Today another newspaper brought a huge report about the hopeless traffic situation at LWT. Already now residents call the intersection in front of LWT the "intersection of death", due to the inacceptable traffic congestions and even experts think that Lotte won't be able to improve the situation, especially once the tower opens (>1 million tourists per year expected)
good source: http://www.ebn.co.kr/news/view/680392 (translate with google translator)

Additionally there are people who simply don't trust the construction quality of the tower. Some newspapers call the tower "the tower of Babel". People think its cursed and that more people will die.

Some people even expect the tower to collapse some day, either by poor construction quality, or by a plane crashing into the building (LWT lies very close to the landing path of a close-by military airport)

Here, for example, is a user who illustrates which areas will be affected if LWT collapses: http://www.todayhumor.co.kr/board/vi...A1%AF%EB%8D%B0

So, basically, there are 2 kinds of LWT-haters:
- people who are pissed because of the the insufficient traffic concept
- people who are scared because of building safety and building collapse

But still, i hope that people will like it once its finished
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #3886
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Quote:
Recently, many newspapers bring stories about the horrible traffic situation around LWT area. People find it extremely inconvenient, as bus stops are now more far away from each other and traffic lanes were merged together. here is a source in Korean with some pictures: http://news.sportsseouli.com/read/economy/1365201.htm

Today another newspaper brought a huge report about the hopeless traffic situation at LWT. Already now residents call the intersection in front of LWT the "intersection of death", due to the inacceptable traffic congestions and even experts think that Lotte won't be able to improve the situation, especially once the tower opens (>1 million tourists per year expected)
good source: http://www.ebn.co.kr/news/view/680392 (translate with google translator)

Additionally there are people who simply don't trust the construction quality of the tower. Some newspapers call the tower "the tower of Babel". People think its cursed and that more people will die.

Some people even expect the tower to collapse some day, either by poor construction quality, or by a plane crashing into the building (LWT lies very close to the landing path of a close-by military airport)

Here, for example, is a user who illustrates which areas will be affected if LWT collapses: http://www.todayhumor.co.kr/board/vi...A1%AF%EB%8D%B0

So, basically, there are 2 kinds of LWT-haters:
- people who are pissed because of the the insufficient traffic concept
- people who are scared because of building safety and building collapse

But still, i hope that people will like it once its finished
Well i guess some of them have never been to Europe before, driving the E-40. it's one of the most busy roads in the world. Where i live they build bridges or dig tunnels over and under big intersections. Look at the ring road in Brussels, it goes in a tunnel with nearly any intersection. could that be a solution for the Lotte intersection in Seoul?
Old May 8th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #3887
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

AUGUST 2011

JUNE 2013

OCTOBER 2013

JANUARY 2014

FEBRUARY 2014

MARCH 2014

APRIL 2014

MAY 2014

Sorry inno4321 to take your photos for differences lol

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #3888
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
Well i guess some of them have never been to Europe before, driving the E-40. it's one of the most busy roads in the world. Where i live they build bridges or dig tunnels over and under big intersections. Look at the ring road in Brussels, it goes in a tunnel with nearly any intersection. could that be a solution for the Lotte intersection in Seoul?
Of course they can build a tunneled intersection under whole Jamsil area, going under Han river too. But imagine the extreme additional costs and how many years it will take to finish such a project. people want solutions now, not in 10-15 years. Especially money is a bottleneck.

Already now they are building an underground bus terminal under LWT. Seoul government wants Lotte to pay even more money for traffic solutions, but, of course, Lotte refuses to pay more. And the government doesn't want to use such extreme amounts of tax money just to solve a problem that a private company caused by building a fancy tower. So here's the conflict.

And i think its hard to compare the E-40, an international highway build and planned through many many years, with just a simple intersection in a residential area in a 25-million metropolis.

Anyway, things would be a lot easier if koreans would just drive less cars, or at least smaller cars
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #3889
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1025

Strongly agree with that last part. What do Koreans want Lotte or the city gov't to do, anyway? Make the roads even wider?
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:09 PM   #3890
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2110

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2114

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2115

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2117

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2120

SAMSUNG SDI BUILDING

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2111

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2122

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2123

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2126

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_2129

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #3891
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://qmdragon.blog.me/70189967586
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

This site for OVER 520M height HYUNDAI HEAD OFFICE

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; May 8th, 2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #3892
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1025

So Inno, Hyundai has decided to stick with the plan to build in Tteukseom-dong instead of that site in Samseong-dong in Gangnam? I'm surprised they don't want to build in Gangnam, considering that it's more prestigious.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #3893
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
So Inno, Hyundai has decided to stick with the plan to build in Tteukseom-dong instead of that site in Samseong-dong in Gangnam? I'm surprised they don't want to build in Gangnam, considering that it's more prestigious.

You right AS YOU KNOW HYUNDAI&KIA try to built head office in Samseong-dong.
Above Tteukseom site is second choice. Because seoul mayor don't allow tall building in Tteukseom.
HYUNDAI competition with SAMSUNG for get Samseong-dong site.
Whether HYUNDAI OR SAMSUNG get the land, Samseong-dong site can BUILT SUPERTALL BUILDING OVER 100FLOOR.

In short HYUNDAI try to built HQ IN
1. Samseong-dong
2. SANGAM DMC SEOULITE SITE
3. Looking forward to new seoul mayor elected, then built in Tteukseom

Equario, aquaticko, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 9th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #3894
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.daum.net/skh7678/800

VIEWS FROM GWANAK MOUNTAINS

Equario, humptydumpty7, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #3895
humptydumpty7

Scroll ----> Scroll ---->

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

VIEWS FROM GWANAK MOUNTAINS
I LOVE gwanak mountain, its my favourite one!

In 2010 I took those pictures above from the top of Gwanaksan, and I also photoshopped LWT into the panorama

I posted those pics long time ago in this thread, but I wanted to share them again because of Inno's nice Gwanak pictures
Therefore, sorry for re-posting

aquaticko, inno4321, Equario, Munwon, bigreach liked this post
Old May 9th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #3896
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/ecocinema?Redi...o=120212810276

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://kbs912.blog.me/10190697655

Seoul_Korea, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 9th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #3897
inno4321

Flickr에서 inno4321님의 SAM_1975

JUGONG 5 AREA redevelop project=civil apartment
In front of lotte tower

OLD rendering this one redesign

5890 HOUSES
Over 50floor 13~17
others 35floors
At the moment PERMISSION

Old May 10th, 2014, 02:06 AM   #3898
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Quote:
Of course they can build a tunneled intersection under whole Jamsil area, going under Han river too. But imagine the extreme additional costs and how many years it will take to finish such a project. people want solutions now, not in 10-15 years.

(...)

And i think its hard to compare the E-40, an international highway build and planned through many many years, with just a simple intersection in a residential area in a 25-million metropolis.

Anyway, things would be a lot easier if koreans would just drive less cars, or at least smaller cars
Totally agree with that.
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #3899
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://ussu84.tistory.com/1333

Old May 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #3900
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://4021133d.blog.me/209662620

Views from Mun jun law district project

Views from Mun jun law district project

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea