daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #3961
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Ray View Post
“Unless the safety concerns are cleared, we will never approve the use of this building.” - Mayor Park
Well, that's what the citizens want to hear now after the Saewol Ferry disaster. The trust in the government is at its lowest point. So, of course its unfortunately a political issue

Also some Koreans compare LWT with the Sampoong department store collapse in 1995 where 500 people died, because of cracks in the columns and the repairs were denied by the company. Also Saewol Ferry was heavily overloaded and not adjusted for this load, but the company didn't care. Government safety regulations failed in both cases.

So the people's conclusion is: Government intervention would have easily prevented both tragedies.
Therefore, citizens expect better safety regulations and more intervention from the government. So there is no way around LWT being a political issue, unfortunately

So, no matter who is mayor now, if people are scared about safety issues, there is no way around safety investigations, until people trust the government and corporations again.

But still, the tower is rising day by day, so I don't understand why we even discuss the mayors shoes or his thesis

Last edited by humptydumpty7; May 17th, 2014 at 09:59 PM.
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #3962
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.daum.net/captainheo/1510
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Seoul_Korea, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; May 20th, 2014 at 12:34 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #3963
inno4321

Flickr에서 엽토군님의 두 돌덩이

Histroy and LOTTE TOWER
SAMJUNDOBI MONUMENT
Built at 1639 Injo's king regime. After defeated by Manchu Qing(one of Old china country)

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Seoul_Korea, Equario, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 17th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #3964
Smiazon

Likes (Received): 1175

Yes, I agree. Without Inno, this thread would be dead. We would only get the occasional update. However, this shouldn't become a political battleground. Note the website's name? Here we discuss skyscrapers. Nice photos, by the way.

humptydumpty7 liked this post
Smiazon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 11:54 PM   #3965
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://eyecats.tistory.com/38

Seoul mayor election becomes A "PROXY WAR" for YONGSAN IBD project

According to the report "YONGSAN IBD project become MAJOR DEBATE HOT ISSUE in mayor election 2014 at 4 june.
As you know this project had been dead already. But suddenly Mr Jung mong jun candidate bring Public promise project's resume again!!!
But park wonsung Opposite project's resume. It is hot debate between Jung and won.
right YONGSAN's destiny confirm at 4 JUNE!! SSC members memory this project's history. All about astonishing memory and frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiazon View Post
Yes, I agree. Without Inno, this thread would be dead. We would only get the occasional update. .

Best contributors is antares031 but not me. He regularly take a photos of himself.(that is very very hard enthusiasm) I just borrow photos from others and post it in thread. It is a piece of cake really.

Last edited by inno4321; May 18th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old May 18th, 2014, 04:42 AM   #3966
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
Well, that's what the citizens want to hear now after the Saewol Ferry disaster. The trust in the government is at its lowest point. So, of course its unfortunately a political issue

Also some Koreans compare LWT with the Sampoong department store collapse in 1995 where 500 people died, because of cracks in the columns and the repairs were denied by the company. Also Saewol Ferry was heavily overloaded and not adjusted for this load, but the company didn't care. Government safety regulations failed in both cases.

So the people's conclusion is: Government intervention would have easily prevented both tragedies.
Therefore, citizens expect better safety regulations and more intervention from the government. So there is no way around LWT being a political issue, unfortunately

So, no matter who is mayor now, if people are scared about safety issues, there is no way around safety investigations, until people trust the government and corporations again.

But still, the tower is rising day by day, so I don't understand why we even discuss the mayors shoes or his thesis
don't need to show another example..

lotte corps don't have abillity of safety controll

in 1992, 1 chiness visitor died in lotte world (he hitted by roller coaster)
in 2003, 1 visitor died in lotte world(he droped in roller coaster. he was safety guard of lotte world that day was his off day )
in 2006, 1 visitor died in lotte world(he also droped in roller coaster)
in 2006, over 30 people injured in lotte world.
becasue of accident(in 2006)lotter world reopen with no price. but too many people came here..so crushed
in 2006 1 i visitor injured. something droped while he riding a roller coaster)
in 2010 play equipments stopped from a height of 60m

while constructing the tower 2 man also died
so nickname of lotter world is death world...

lotte world tower need safety check very strictly..

http://blog.naver.com/gyechu7?Redire...o=220002727187

cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #3967
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiazon View Post
Yes, I agree. Without Inno, this thread would be dead. We would only get the occasional update. However, this shouldn't become a political battleground. Note the website's name? Here we discuss skyscrapers. Nice photos, by the way.
Unfortunately it has become a political issue. Incumbent, Park Won-soon, after June 4, if he wins,, he will stop the ascent of this tower, and if the "HOPEFULL" Mr. Chung Mong-joon wins,, it will GO full height,, I may have spelled the names wrong, but people get the point. BUT the real fact is many people. Forumer's are the least of his worries,, But citizen's that do not want this building, are attacking Inno4321 for his political stance, (physically, and thru this forum), it should be an eye opener for the rest of the World.

inno4321, Smiazon liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:01 AM   #3968
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/cjhmk?Redirect...No=20210373602

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
in 2006, over 30 people injured in lotte world.
becasue of accident(in 2006)lotter world reopen with no price. but too many people came here..so crushed

That is what u say....Look when lotte amuse park open free. People rush into lotte LOL
I 100% SURE that same phenomenon will be repeat again when LOTTE TOWER MALL OPENDAY and Tower's OPENDAY. This is not about SAFETY SOMETHING BUT CITIZENSHIP PROBLEM

Most korean dislike lotte tower and even lying rumors about sink hole and collapse lotte tower(now this crazy rumor fast spread in korean website) with VICIOUS. But they will "HAIL LOTTE TOWER" when it open. They accused skyscraper with utter but behind different. Really comedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Unfortunately it has become a political issue. Incumbent, Park Won-soon, after June 4, if he wins,, he will stop the ascent of this tower, and if the "HOPEFULL" Mr. Chung Mong-joon wins,, it will GO full height,, I may have spelled the names wrong, but people get the point. BUT the real fact is many people. Forumer's are the least of his worries,, But citizen's that do not want this building, are attacking Inno4321 for his political stance, (physically, and thru this forum), it should be an eye opener for the rest of the World.

RIGHT people in korea don't want lotte tower. It is a MIRACLE that This tower can be built. Foreigners can't imagine, Everyday HOW many attacking against this beautiful tower from korea website and internet users. If I translate those attacking, then this thread will be full soon.

Last edited by inno4321; May 18th, 2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old May 18th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #3969
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/cjhmk?Redirect...No=20210373602

That is what u say....Look when lotte amuse park open free. People rush into lotte LOL
I 100% SURE that same phenomenon will be repeat again when LOTTE TOWER MALL OPENDAY and Tower's OPENDAY. This is not about SAFETY SOMETHING BUT CITIZENSHIP PROBLEM

Most korean dislike lotte tower and even lying rumors about sink hole and collapse lotte tower(now this crazy rumor fast spread in korean website) with VICIOUS. But they will "HAIL LOTTE TOWER" when it open. They accused skyscraper with utter but behind different. Really comedy

RIGHT people in korea don't want lotte tower. It is a MIRACLE that This tower can be built. Foreigners can't imagine, Everyday HOW many attacking against this beautiful tower from korea website and internet users. If I translate those attacking, then this thread will be full soon.
you need to read btw the line...

that crush accident could predictable.

http://www.sisa-news.com/news/article.html?no=57749

http://www.huffingtonpost.kr/2014/04...n_5108290.html
Ps. can you find garak agricultural market rebuild nowadays pics?? i cannot find..

Zaz965 liked this post
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #3970
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://cafe.naver.com/lovekorandoc/251555

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
you need to read btw the line...
that crush accident could predictable.

http://www.sisa-news.com/news/article.html?no=57749

http://www.huffingtonpost.kr/2014/04...n_5108290.html
Ps. can you find garak agricultural market rebuild nowadays pics?? i cannot find..

This is Garack market's latest photos

Equario, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 19th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #3971
bigreach

I'm glad you took the advise of my PM Inno,,.. You Have to stay active on this thread!

inno4321 liked this post
Old May 19th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #3972
bigreach

I From America, see so much HATE, in the 2 combating parties in this city. I follow the forum for a Year. I see the Hatred between the 2 conflicting parties..
I want Inno4321's guy to win this election.. I have a feeling, If Inno4321 is being bullied,, What do you think's happening to Mr. Chung Mong-joon?
I can't Imagine.. But I have a feeling that's why, the Polls are Tilting in AS*HoL*S favor... And ever since I, ( an American who befriended Inno),, changed my Signature,,, certain S. Korea folks don't talk to me anymore.

Pretty strange huh?
I was so naīve to think the whole World was like the USA..

inno4321 liked this post

Last edited by bigreach; May 19th, 2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old May 19th, 2014, 07:58 AM   #3973
Dave-in-Toronto

Likes (Received): 682

You can now see the corner spacing of the building starting to widen towards the top, just like in the renders.

inno4321 liked this post
Dave-in-Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #3974
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-in-Toronto View Post
You can now see the corner spacing of the building starting to widen towards the top, just like in the renders.

Me too i saw some changed building's shape.
But I understand you mean it is "starting to NARROW" not widen.

Again YONGSAN IBD project's resume issue debated at Today First TV discussion for seoul mayor election

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #3975
Dave-in-Toronto

Likes (Received): 682

Right, the building does taper overall; and the corners seem to spread out, which is evident now in the latest pictures above about the 50th floor. The cladding isn't in yet, but the spaces where it will go seem to be getting bigger at the corners. (I see now in the renders on page 1, it is just two opposite corners where there is a widening, not all 4 corners of the building).

inno4321 liked this post
Dave-in-Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 07:31 AM   #3976
bigreach

Is this good news Dave-in-Toronto? On skyward progression? Or perhaps a roof? Incase Mayor wins?
With Inno4321 Smiley face,, I think it's a good sign... I Hope Forumers.
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #3977
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

As every tower, LWT will face horizontal and vertical deformation:

- Horizontal deformation: The top of the tower can move 27cm on the X axis and 115cm along Y axis

- Differential settlement: The core wall will sink a bit deeper into the foundation than the mega columns (core is heavier than the columns).
The core will sink 35 mm into the ground, the columns 16mm.
this requires high precision when building the columns, otherwise cracks will appear.

- Differential shortening: Additionally, the mega collumns will shrink more than the core. THis means that the collumns have to be build a little bit higher, so after shortening they will be the same height as the core.

Differential shortening: As mentioned above, the columns have to be built a bit higher, so after some time they will be on the same height as the columns. The higher the floor, the more differential correction is needed.

The differential shortening for each level.
For example, floor 72-75:
- core wall: built according to design level + additional 2mm for shortening compensation
- mega column: built according to wall height + additional 25mm for shortening compensation.

After floor 75 there will be only steel columns. they dont shrink, only concrete columns shrink.

measuring of deformation: Sensors are installed into the core walls and columns, to measure how much they shrink. very important for building safety.

There are two outriggers connecting the mega columns (floor 39-43 and 72-75). They suffer from high stress because of the differential shortening, thats why they have to be very strong and massive. They have delay- and adjustment-joints, so they can be adjusted when the columns shrink.

Currently the core is around floor 72 where the 2nd outrigger will be installed.
Probably thats why the core didn't rise lately because of preperation work (i guess).

So basically, the higher the tower gets, the more complex the construction and the more precision is needed.

Source and more info: http://de.scribd.com/doc/216455321/H...idas-Gen-final

PS: I'm no expert about this, if i said something wrong please correct me

inno4321, antares031, c2ula, Kyll.Ing. liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #3978
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

=player_detailpage&v=npttud7NkL0
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #3979
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post
=player_detailpage&v=npttud7NkL0

2002 dear deleted only paste this one "=npttud7NkL0" in here youtube code which i give u to PM

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #3980
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://guitaroh.blog.me/220005002176

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea