daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2014, 10:45 AM   #4441
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12430

TODAY SURVEY

"Will you gonna visit to Lotte tower when it open?"

korea netizens answer

YES, NO MATTER WHAT I WILL VISIT ==>3% 480표
YES, BUT IF SAFETY GUARANTEE THEN I WILL VISIT ==> 5%743표
NO, I WANT TO VISIT BUT NERVOUS ==>17% 2,463VOTE
NO, NEVER EVER VISIT LOTTE TOWER ==> 75% 11,000VOTE

Most korean live in house which design endure seismic intensity over 8 magnitude. my house too so luxury !!
Because they can not visit lotte tower, design endure 7 magnitude, with nervous whether tower instantly collapse .
WELCOME TO KOREA. Korea ordinary houses much stronger and safety than modern high technology super tall tower!
so they can sleep well in their own houses but can not go to lotte tower nervous whether tower instantly collapse.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Equario, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 7th, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #4442
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

TODAY SURVEY

"Will you gonna visit to Lotte tower when it open?"

korea netizens answer

YES, NO MATTER WHAT I WILL VISIT ==>3% 480표
YES, BUT IF SAFETY GUARANTEE THEN I WILL VISIT ==> 5%743표
NO, I WANT TO VISIT BUT NERVOUS ==>17% 2,463VOTE
NO, NEVER EVER VISIT LOTTE TOWER ==> 75% 11,000VOTE

Most korean live in house which design endure seismic intensity over 8 magnitude. my house too so luxury !!
Because they can not visit lotte tower, design endure 7 magnitude, with nervous whether tower instantly collapse .
WELCOME TO KOREA. Korea ordinary houses much stronger and safety than modern high technology super tall tower!
so they can sleep well in their own houses but can not go to lotte tower nervous whether tower instantly collapse.

this voting is no meaning...
we now what happen when open the mall... here will really really crowded
everybody sure about that...

aquaticko liked this post
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #4443
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/majorleager7/220085247222
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/sunzz24/220085085948

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Equario, bigreach, Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #4444
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

well at least some people want to go there.

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

inno4321 liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:08 AM   #4445
Dave-in-Toronto

Well I guess the good news from that vote count listed above is that there will be lots of room to accommodate the foreign tourists that want to visit the LWT!

Equario, inno4321 liked this post
Dave-in-Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #4446
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-in-Toronto View Post
Well I guess the good news from that vote count listed above is that there will be lots of room to accommodate the foreign tourists that want to visit the LWT!
Any special place for the SSC's users?

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC

inno4321 liked this post
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 08:54 AM   #4447
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
I'm with you I'm sure 99.9% of Forumer's would,, "well risk their live's. If You ask a few Politician's),, To take a Tour, or work, or do anything in this Building. It's opponent's of the building making an argument.. I Would move my family in the basement, and have my kid's "not wear hard hat's if that would make a point
Sorry Just having fun,, But the Building is Spectacular.....Awesome update's INNO

inno4321 liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #4448
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

very good article about LWT and the early opening before Chuseok Holidays (before September 8):

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/...px?aid=2993198

Quote:
But Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon said in an interview with the JoongAng Ilbo in July that “experts concluded that there is no structural problem related to sink holes. The tower won’t tilt or collapse.”
Quote:
A Seoul city official said this month that the issue was actually traffic-related. “The final point of discussion is traffic-related - regarding the plan to construct parts of Olympic-daero as an underground tunnel - and not a safety concern
So the main reason for not allowing the early opening is the traffic situation.

Quote:
Shop owners said they could not overstate the importance of sales during Chuseok, which falls on Sept. 8. They said that if the mall gets approval from the city, they would do anything possible to open their shops.
Until August 18 Lotte has to re-apply for an early opening, in order to get approval before the Chuseok holidays

On the other side, negative news about LWT made it's way into Europe. A newspaper in Poland released this article about LWT and sinkholes around it:
http://tech.wp.pl/kat,1009793,title,...?ticaid=1133a1

The article says that the sinkholes are worrying people in Seoul, even though they are not related to the tower. And they say that Seoul government wants to be rather too strict than giving a chance for another tragedy like the Sewol ferry sinking. So they just exaggerate safety measures for a while.
(for those wondering why i understand the article: i speak german, english, polish fluently and intermediate korean)

Seoul_Korea liked this post

Last edited by humptydumpty7; August 8th, 2014 at 11:14 AM.
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #4449
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/ma_dream/220084915722

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
well at least some people want to go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-in-Toronto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
I'm with you I'm sure 99.9% of Forumer's would,, "well risk their live's. If You ask a few Politician's),, To take a Tour, or work, or do anything in this Building. It's opponent's of the building making an argument.. I Would move my family in the basement, and have my kid's "not wear hard hat's if that would make a point
Sorry Just having fun,, But the Building is Spectacular.....Awesome update's INNO

Lotte must invite SSC members for special guest in Lotte tower hotel. WITH FLIGHT ROUND TICKET
Unless they are bad company LOL

Equario, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 8th, 2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #4450
Tikal

Likes (Received): 55

Slow news day, it is summer.... Also I wonder how a building and a ship sinking might ever be related....
Tikal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #4451
Tikal

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Lotte must invite SSC members for special guest in Lotte tower hotel. WITH FLIGHT ROUND TICKET
Unless they are bad company LOL
Wouldn't mind a paid holiday in Korea I can even sleep inside the tower

inno4321, Equario liked this post
Tikal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #4452
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikal View Post
Slow news day, it is summer.... Also I wonder how a building and a ship sinking might ever be related....
the relation between the ship and the building is simple: safety regulations being constantly ignored in Korea by companies to maximize profit, and the government not being able to provide functioning safety regulations. The ship sinking also had a huge impact on local politics, its still a big deal.

Now the government feels pressured to implement stricter safety rules to prevent future catastrophes. Unfortunately LWT is being used here by the media to create fear. Typically for Korea, the issues about LWT are blown out of proportion and completely irrational.

inno4321 liked this post
Old August 8th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #4453
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 354

Is there a history of building collapses in South Korea (apart from that mall many years ago)?

I'm surprised that there is so much opposition to the tower. Looking at Seoul it's basically a highrise city. Not that high. But high.

...And yes of course people will flock to the mall once it opens and in a few years they'll pretend that they were one of the few people who wasn't against it to begin with.

inno4321 liked this post
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #4454
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

it's not a supertall city though. but seoul's supposed to be technologically advanced.

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

inno4321 liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #4455
cestlavie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KøbenhavnK View Post
Is there a history of building collapses in South Korea (apart from that mall many years ago)?

I'm surprised that there is so much opposition to the tower. Looking at Seoul it's basically a highrise city. Not that high. But high.

...And yes of course people will flock to the mall once it opens and in a few years they'll pretend that they were one of the few people who wasn't against it to begin with.
in 1995, 29th of june.. department store collapsed so over 500 people dead.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampoon...Store_collapse

anyway, seoul dont have many supertall.. but we have many buildings that have gross area over 150,000 square meter( same as ordinary 200~300m high rise or supertall)

we just started build supertalls.
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #4456
humptydumpty7

source: http://kchung18.blog.me/220085662406

the cladding almost reached the 2-floor gap under the yello protection shield

inno4321, oscillation, Munwon, ZZ-II, Equario and 3 others liked this post
Old August 8th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #4457
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/ssosso91/220083613913

Old August 9th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #4458
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
in 1995, 29th of june.. department store collapsed so over 500 people dead.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampoon...Store_collapse

anyway, seoul dont have many supertall.. but we have many buildings that have gross area over 150,000 square meter( same as ordinary 200~300m high rise or supertall)

we just started build supertalls.
Come on cestlavie, it's 20 years later,, I'm sure thing's have changed since 1995 (in Seoul),, everything is different,
Everybody is watching Everything,, I'm sure they don't need a tragedy like 1995. Seoul is set to Host the Olympics.. I'm quite sure they're not going to let the World down.. And even the Olympics (Pyeongchang) are some 100 Kilometer's from Seoul,, I Guarantee they will be focusing on downtown Seoul,, for the Picture's and the New's feed they feed the World.
Pretty positive Seoul Lotte Tower will be the center of every newsfeed.

inno4321 liked this post

Last edited by bigreach; August 9th, 2014 at 09:31 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #4459
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50772

From Facebook Fanpage

inno4321, Seoul_Korea, BIFC, bigreach, redcode liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #4460
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/dduknice1/220085703369

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea