daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 23rd, 2014, 02:39 PM   #4561
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Likes (Received): 9121

Seoul 서울

DSC02785 by tkazec, on Flickr

Lotte World Tower under construction in Jamsil 잠실, July 4. 2014

Mussoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2014, 02:40 PM   #4562
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Likes (Received): 9121

oh, double post..
Mussoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:04 PM   #4563
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12430

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
I mean, I get the sense and importance of being prepared in case of disaster. I suppose it must be similar with CA and earthquakes. But buildings don't cause earthquakes ;p

Google's horrible attempt at translating that link above:

"Be prepared to assume a situation where the building collapsed around like Lotte World Tower '(the second Lotte World) at the same time due to Prepare yanghuidong Bloomberg News] Fire Department recently encountered several times in Songpa-gu, Seoul Seokchon one sinkhole (land off) was confirmed. Appeared to be focused on providing ways to secure "prime time" Preparedness is the situation in the building collapse. Especially including Gangnam, Songpa-gu, Seoul gyodaeyeok balsaenggeon last 22 to 83 of the sinkhole's found on the road since 2008, experts reported occurrence is itgido area concerned. <1 dated August 20, Bloomberg surface '[Single] Gangnam' Sinkhole Terror '... 82 place off and sleep', see>

According to the Seoul Metropolitan Government has prepared a sink hole caused by 23 days the last 21 days from the end of the second Lotte World and gotten practice problems and lower levels and the upper floors collapsed buildings around the fire, the fire department is Songpa Action. Joint training is conducted once per year against a national emergency, one tube civil and military administration organized gotten to safety practice.

In the 'Golden secure room at the same time according to the surrounding buildings collapsed sink hole "in Songpa Fire's found in the last second Lotte World around five and seven Seokchon underpass near the sink-hole total of 13 large buildings around the same time as the collapse is concerned persons, property damage occurred. Because of this, I saw that there is a need to prepare a large number of casualties, property damage occur if there is an accident happen collapse gotta attack the nearby infrastructure such as roads, sewer and underground maeseolmul and the communication, power, etc., fire authorities. Explained that "the universal is not just arrive on the scene first, as in the past" if both buildings crumble around the sink hole is due to fire authorities. This change is analyzed as a recognition of the Fire Department after the deal has led to a large disaster responders insufficient number of years in the Coast Guard sinking accident in April.

This was pointed out that measures to minimize the damage to life, property damage and prevent the spread understanding of the situation, rather than on-site activities, such as the collapse factor firefighting authorities. Another added that if the roads because of the traffic chaos this caused destruction gotta be difficult to identify the vehicle dispatched beforehand a detour, and should also take advantage workforce around the site, such as police and volunteer firefighters, volunteers autonomous traffic.

Each public institution has collapsed accident site activity guidelines stated. Responsible for receiving and dispersing the homeless can mobilize private resources management and support Ward Funeral deaths, and is in charge of the scene and surrounding traffic control, police have complained force trends. In addition it is also based on the emergency repair facilities, including electricity, gas, telecommunications, water supply and road emergency repair of water and power and support, and Korea Gas Corporation, KT, etc., and the road establishments. To conduct civil support activities that may be involved in the early companies such as heavy equipment, the Red Cross is only in private.

Finally, after all this is done is to configure the recovery activities related organizations and TF (Task Force) team take, and the causes and prevention of accidents to provide a method to analyze the institutional improvement issues.

"The ways to take advantage of any reference to the work of the Fire gotten practice" Fire officials said about it."

thanks english translation that article.

I highly recommend you to read that article's netizens's comments(korean).
I assure you you will be laugh a whole day.

If there break earthquake in seoul, then I will escape into LWT! Because LWT seismic design to endure magnitute 7.
But Most korean afraid LWT collapse instantly. so they opposite LWT's open. seriously

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:53 PM   #4564
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

The core went up one floor today!
Now you can see the sign of Floor 75 (in the red circle).
Total height: 78 floors. 2 more then we have 80 floors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry
Good luck then. If you do, please send us lots of updates then :p
haha thanks, i will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post
Wow man, what sort of work is it? I work here in marketing myself... fun times hahaha it's definitely a different environment but enjoyable. You'd have a blast for sure. You speak alright Korean if I remember correctly.
Thanks! An Austrian company is setting up a new office in Seoul and they want me to co-manage the place. But i already have a job that i really like at a consulting firm in Austria (i just started), so i'm not sure if i will give up my current job for the (somewhat risky) job in Seoul.

I already worked in Korea for almost 1 year in business development and i loved it!

Equario, bigreach, inno4321, Swiddle, Japanac and 1 others liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:18 PM   #4565
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

lol seriously LWT can withstand an earthquake of mag 7 but they still think it will collapse? yeah, like every earthquake in Seoul is a mag 7 or above

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:24 PM   #4566
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

de

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:54 PM   #4567
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
lol seriously LWT can withstand an earthquake of mag 7 but they still think it will collapse? yeah, like every earthquake in Seoul is a mag 7 or above
right unfortunately they are very serious.
though seoul is very safety from earthquake. continue create vicious rumors.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 24th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #4568
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

AWESOME update's Inno,, Seoul, South Korea, LLWS International Champions,, (crushed Japan again),, After tomorrow, They will be Crowned World Champs,
It's Chicago, USA vs. Seoul.. Chicago has a minute chance,, (they have no pitchers available). Very little to No chance of beating Seoul. It's kind of like the skyscraper's anymore, the USA has very little chance.
By 6:00PM 8-25-14 EST.. South Korea,, Seoul will have the best Roots of Youngster's baseball, and the best skyscraper's rising, the Olympic's, are coming to Pyeongchang, 2018
This is a Beautiful time for S. Korea.

It's now 8-25 11:55PM EST
Quick update: and LLWS updates will be done.
24hr's since last post, same pg so I'll update. S. Korea WORLD champs....
Congrats Seoul South Korea.

inno4321, Mussoda liked this post

Last edited by bigreach; August 25th, 2014 at 06:56 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #4569
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to 수부 (ltndus93)
http://blog.naver.com/ltndus93/220099325544
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Old August 25th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #4570
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 03:52 AM   #4571
gugi182
Instagram: gugi182

Likes (Received): 1520

Awesome
Old August 25th, 2014, 09:19 AM   #4572
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

I don't like the cladding that much . But still a damn good addition.

Japanac liked this post
Kimiwind1184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #4573
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to 양치기소년 (skillha) http://blog.naver.com/skillha/220101660494
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Old August 26th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #4574
photonOli

Likes (Received): 10

From the newspaper Chosun Ilbo:

Quote:
Samsung in Trouble Over Songpa Sinkholes

A team of experts from the Seoul metropolitan government tentatively concluded last Friday that a mistake during the tunnel boring process for Subway Line No. 9 led a massive 80 m-long sinkhole beneath an underpass in Songpa district in southern Seoul.
Quote:
But Samsung's woes mean relief for the Lotte Group, as initially construction of the super-high Lotte World Tower nearby was being blamed.

"It proves we are innocent as we have said based on objective, concrete data on the construction of the tower," a Lotte executive said.
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...082501748.html

It seems that now the culprit for the sinkholes is officially the subway construction. Hopefully, people will stop blaming LWT for no reason.

EDIT: url was wrong.

Last edited by photonOli; August 26th, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
photonOli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #4575
Tikal

Likes (Received): 55

What a surprise
Tikal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #4576
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1027

Finally those stupid rumors will stop, but it's disappointing that such an book-learned populace is still so prone to believing in something that can be shown true or false, and making judgments based on those beliefs.

C'mon Korea, critical thinking!!

Shaddorry liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #4577
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

was about time :/
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #4578
antares031
Deadliest Duckling

Likes (Received): 732

Back from Spain, the land of marvelous cathedral & alcazar and delicious tapas & sangria, I went to jamsil to take photos of LWT with no success because of heavy shower

Therefore, I'll visit there tomorrow to restart my weekly update. Sorry for the delay

inno4321, Seoul_Korea, swatded, Zaz965 liked this post
antares031 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #4579
pinta084

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonOli View Post
From the newspaper Chosun Ilbo:

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...082501748.html

It seems that now the culprit for the sinkholes is officially the subway construction. Hopefully, people will stop blaming LWT for no reason.

EDIT: url was wrong.
pinta084 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #4580
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares031 View Post
Sorry for the delay
No need to. You can't help it.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea