daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #4881
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

core went up one floor (5 days since the last floor)

source: http://poison777.tistory.com/5065

Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #4882
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 681

breaking news...

lotte mall visitor hited by name card size metal and injured his head
it from stairway fence from about 20m heigth

my english getting terrible--;; day by day...

Last edited by cestlavie24; October 30th, 2014 at 09:40 AM.
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #4883
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 519

So another 6 months or so for the core to T/O?
"Iíve been to the other side and let me tell you, son, thereís f*cking nothing there...thereís no one waiting there for you, thereís no one to judge you so you can do what you bloody well like." -- Kerry Packer on being clinically dead for 6 minutes.
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #4884
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

source: http://poison777.tistory.com/5068

The famous girl group 'Sistar' gave a concert today in the mall

sources:
http://blog.naver.com/miso3672/220166435787
http://blog.naver.com/tnsals81/220166603403

Mussoda, CP11, antares031, swatded, inno4321 and 5 others liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #4885
Astraios

Likes (Received): 96

Does anyone know how tall the tower is now? And does anyone have the diagram of the tower levels?
Astraios no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #4886
JmSepe
Nobel Prize Laureate

Likes (Received): 226

Oh what a lovely structure.

You can also find me in simtropolis, sc4devotions, anime-manga forum, the blue knight forum, mangafox, archives of our own, fanfiction, tumblr, blogspot, instagram, facebook and twitter.
JmSepe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #4887
archilover

Likes (Received): 3176

wow,the lotte mall look great!love the facade!
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #4888
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

2014.10.31-88 floor,371m!

Current Height- 88 floor, 371m!

Old October 30th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #4889
antares031
Deadliest Duckling

Likes (Received): 732

Weekly Update : October 30. 2014

Current status : 366.51m(estimated) / 87 fl

P.S: A year has been passed since I uploaded my very first contribution. Here's one of the pictures from October 28. 2013.

Old October 30th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #4890
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

from 62floor of lwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post
now, frankly speaking, they're not the pure 'skyscrapers haters' in this case but more likey they're trying to rock and shake only the Lotte World Tower, it's because it's Lotte, in a sense, it's based on political emotion and aspect, some of those tend to presume the linkage of Lotte and the former president LMB. Lotte World Tower looks to be the scapegoat of such conflict, endless headache in korea.

no In korea skyscraper and seoul is symbol of SUCCESS. it is a matter of jealous.
tons of thousands people in korea hate SEOUL city's prosper. Skyscraper remind them of Seoul's economical success and prosperity.
They doesn't matter whether skyscraper bring economical welfare and economy booming. just they hate success one=skyscraper.
So that reason Mr no muhyun who committed suicide president of SK forcefully remove capital of korea from seoul to sajong city. and same reason(same hate&envy) seoul mayor park wonsung forcefully block for seoul's development and agriculture in seoul city.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

jackedi07, swatded, Equario, Swiddle, M0S and 1 others liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 06:32 AM   #4891
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

I'm not sure if I'm correct in saying this, but Seoul does in a way cannibalize the rest of Korea. It's smart policy to decentralize the growth. Just look at the countryside in Korea.... the differences in level of development is stark.

I know that even in my own work in marketing, it's all SEOUL SEOUL SEOUL. Which is great for the residents of Seoul, but the rest of the country misses out.

There are two sides to this I think.
"Iíve been to the other side and let me tell you, son, thereís f*cking nothing there...thereís no one waiting there for you, thereís no one to judge you so you can do what you bloody well like." -- Kerry Packer on being clinically dead for 6 minutes.
Old October 31st, 2014, 08:29 AM   #4892
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Antares, at 366 meter's, that's 1200 ft, and this thing isn't even close to topped out!!! look how much more is to go, it just baffles me that at this point It would be #5 in the USA!!!!! with "well roughly, 30-35% still to go..
1 Willis/Sears, 2 432 PA, 3 1WTC, and 4ESB, are still taller. (ROOFS of Course), But Not by a whole hell of a lot...
Even though it's rising slow,, it's rising and that's the important thing,,, it's so thick, it look's "well shorter" than the height you displayed,, but in person I'm sure it's a behemoth!!!

inno4321 liked this post

Last edited by bigreach; October 31st, 2014 at 08:36 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 05:27 PM   #4893
jhalsey

Likes (Received): 181

This will look infinite from below.
jhalsey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 06:07 PM   #4894
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post
I'm not sure if I'm correct in saying this, but Seoul does in a way cannibalize the rest of Korea. It's smart policy to decentralize the growth. Just look at the countryside in Korea.... the differences in level of development is stark.

I know that even in my own work in marketing, it's all SEOUL SEOUL SEOUL. Which is great for the residents of Seoul, but the rest of the country misses out.

I don't think it's the size and focus of Seoul that's the problem; it's where that comes from. One thing I've learned from studying urban planning is that the relative size and power of a country's capital city reflects how important it is for business and institutions to have close ties to the government in order to function and get ahead (hence why they value physical proximity to the center of government).

That's what really seems to bother most Koreans about this project, from what Inno says: it's emblematic of the real problems Korea has in separating governmental and economic powers. I'm not sure how fair that is to Lotte, in particular, but it's definitely a problem in Korea generally.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:39 AM   #4895
inno4321

humptydumpty7 what about your jobs offer? man

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:17 PM   #4896
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:

so true. But then again, Korean cities don't really have an 'image' that defines them. Sure Incheon has Songdo and Busan has the Marine City Skyline along with the Dalmaji Hills but the rest like Daegu, Daejeon, Gwangju are all ugly commieblock urbanism. Sorry to say but Korean cities all look the same regardless

HOOAH!!

KDreamer, inno4321 liked this post
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:18 PM   #4897
BoomBoomPoow
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

nice tower
BoomBoomPoow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 05:52 PM   #4898
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
so true. But then again, Korean cities don't really have an 'image' that defines them. Sure Incheon has Songdo and Busan has the Marine City Skyline along with the Dalmaji Hills but the rest like Daegu, Daejeon, Gwangju are all ugly commieblock urbanism. Sorry to say but Korean cities all look the same regardless
This is so true it hurts. I loved visiting the US coz each city had it's own thing going on. Same in Japan. My home country of Australia, the same. I think Korean cities need to work on defining themselves.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 12:54 AM   #4899
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
so

long time no see dude what's up bro? lol

Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2014, 01:23 AM   #4900
inno4321

Quote:

I don't agree.
1. S korea spent lot of loss due to "decentralize policy" concern seoul
Base on such a so called 지방균형발전 balance development policy.
SAEJONG city built in suburban(far away from seoul). SK spent $ 70 billions for this dangerous experimental project.
they move out MOST korea ministry&public company from seoul to SAJONG CITY
(about 100 public company forcefully scatter ALL around country and over 20 ministry go to SAJONG CITY.)

but lot of money spent in meaningless construction and most public officers waste their precious time in the road for JUST COMMUTE from seoul to sajong city! now whole sk suffer under these "decentralize policy" side effect.
like a failure Germany's TWO CAPITAL strategy with BERLIN-BON.

2. I believe City's evolution is follow evolution of high technology pathway.
Like a semi conductor and smart phone. as by city evolution much more integration and more centralization. that is essence of city's growth.

in these days seoul's population reduce due to artificial decentralize policy by Sk politicians.
But they must remember that "artificial interference bring harmful disorder in whole ecosystem.
we must understand why people assemble in seoul even though many negative aspect of this GREY CITY.

seoul is alive creature. "LET IT BE".

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 2nd, 2014 at 01:18 AM.

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea