daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2015, 07:25 PM   #5661
Wrocer
super&megatalls fan

Likes (Received): 756

Lotte is in SSC One-to-One competition today ! Let's vote on LWT ! Victory is close !
Nawiązując do niesprawiedliwych i dziwacznych interpretacji mojej aktywności na forum pragnę zapewnić wszystkich zainteresowanych, że pisuję tu nie na złość komukolwiek, a mój głos w dyskusji wynika z zainteresowania inwestycjami głównie we Wrocławiu, a także z chęci pozyskania i przekazania informacji/opinii z postępów inwestycji w licznych interesujących mnie wątkach i nie ma to nic wspólnego ze spamowaniem/trollowaniem, jak to niektórzy próbują mi zarzucić. Jeżeli ktoś nie toleruje poglądów innych (moich), naprawdę nie musi czytać moich postów.

inno4321 liked this post
Wrocer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2015, 08:49 PM   #5662
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
1. many korean don't want and hate, also unconcerned.

2. we don't have enough money and population for build supertall
(unfortunatly, popultation will decrease soon)

3. we already have enough buildings. ex) Three IFC Tower( only 270m) still 80% empty...
# 2 reason is very profound reason. Seoul is going to loose 200,000 citizens next year. First time ever!!! Many are moving to Songdo and new towns in Gyeongi-do. Plus Korea's population is in a death spiral

inno4321 liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:38 AM   #5663
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

Yes, as I've said over and over (and over, and over, and over...) again, if Korean skyscraper fans want to see more towers go up, there needs to be some major socioeconomic changes.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 07:55 AM   #5664
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Likes (Received): 9121

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post

2. we don't have enough money and population for build supertall
(unfortunatly, popultation will decrease soon)
what a sleep talking! get awake,

supertalls/skyscrapers are not developed by tax or budget, but by supply-demand of market, especially the purpose of profit gaining of construction companies and financiers. Money is raised from them, Don't confuse it with territorial/new town policy-built by government. and remember, Seoul is not Dubai or Shanghai, where government back the skyline high rocketing

and in it, population is not the key elements of office need, but the growth of regional flow of products/money/businesses. I've never heard any news showing London population(residential) is growing as fast as the rising skyline of London.

furthermore, although Seoul's registering population is slowly decreasing, but it doesn't mean the floating population(economically active population) inside Seoul is decreasing, but actually, while some portion of people moves outside Seoul, they're still working in Seoul with commuting by railway/buses/cars everyday.

Especially someone here is saying that korean population is decreasing, but he should know that the decreasing one is the rate of increasing rate of population. that is, Korean population is increasing steadily still. even more, immigrants is increasing too.
Mussoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:34 AM   #5665
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14346

Basically it comes to a simple thing - cost of land. The higher the cost, the more chances to see a skyscraper there.

humptydumpty7 and Mussoda have explained above the factors that influence the cost of land in Seoul.

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC

Mussoda liked this post

Last edited by Equario; May 21st, 2015 at 09:09 AM.
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:39 AM   #5666
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
- More important: Skyscrapers need foreign investment or they are built to attract foreign investment. But South Korea was very restrictive for foreign investment until the mid 90s and even after that.

Compared to China, for example: China has an extremely huge and attractive market for foreign companies and they wanted to attract foreign investment as much as possible. Korea was basically closed for foreign investment during their highest boom period, especially because Korean conglomerates like Samsung or Hyundai didn't want any foreign competition. Entering the Korean market was very difficult and unattractive for a very very long time.

Just from the mid-late 90s or early 2000s things started changing. Now Korea wants to attract foreign investment and many skyscrapers and supertalls were planned. but the econoy struggles since years, which is again making huge skyscraper investments less attrative. And we can see that with failed projects like the Yongsan IBD or Seoul Lite, where investors retreated or no domestic firm wanted to develop the project.
sorry, but I think a bit different,
building supertall is not based only on foreign investment, but ratherly, the key point is the economic benefit from the construction. Actually korean conglomerates reserved cash more than national budget, (0.5~0.6 trillion USdollars) If it's likely to get benefit from investment to it, they'll pay money for the construction, but if it's not, they don't.
for example, the Seoullite project in Sangam-dong looked very gloomy for Korean conglomerates/money owners, so they didn't respond positively, not to mention the economic slowdown globally back then, thus land developer and city officials have sought foreign investments. I mean, Dubai or Chinese model is not the only way to build supertall/skyscrapers.

and the foreign investments that Samsung or Hyundai wanted to restrain was not related to skyscraper/supertall building.

Last edited by Mussoda; May 21st, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:51 AM   #5667
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post
[...] Actually korean conglomerates reserved cash more than national budget, If it's likely to get benefit from investment to it, they'll pay money for the construction, but if it's not, they don't.
for example, the Seoullite project in Sangam-dong looked very gloomy for Korean conglomerates/money owners, so they didn't respond positively, not to mention the economic slowdown globally back then [...]

and the foreign investments that Samsung or Hyundai wanted to restrain was not related to skyscraper/supertall building.
Absolutely, you just confirmed what I said.
If there was more foreign direct investment (= foreign companies moving into Korea) then there would be more need for office space. This again would make huge skyscraper projects profitable.

For domestic small- and mid-sized companies office space would be way too expensive in such premium locations, that's why mostly foreign firms or join-ventures were likely to move there. but unfortunately, the foreign direct investment lies far below the expectations of the government.

Mussoda liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:03 AM   #5668
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

Pics taken from floor 84

sources:
http://blog.daum.net/gjrhd8878/8262571
http://byejun017.blog.me/220366089388
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:20 AM   #5669
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Quote:
Absolutely, you just confirmed what I said.
If there was more foreign direct investment (= foreign companies moving into Korea) then there would be more need for office space. This again would make huge skyscraper projects profitable.

For domestic small- and mid-sized companies office space would be way too expensive in such premium locations, that's why mostly foreign firms or join-ventures were likely to move there. but unfortunately, the foreign direct investment lies far below the expectations of the government.
ah, I got the context that you mean, Agreed.
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:19 PM   #5670
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussoda View Post

and in it, population is not the key elements of office need, but the growth of regional flow of products/money/businesses. I've never heard any news showing London population(residential) is growing as fast as the rising skyline of London.
Actually London's population is growing by over 100,000 a year, and there's a huge housing crisis. They are nearly 70% below what they should be building every year (this is mostly due to developers trying to keep the astronomical land prices up by purposely not building enough).

inno4321 liked this post
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:46 PM   #5671
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22575

South Korea skyline of Seoul, The best view of South Korea with Lotte world mall at Namhansanseong Fortress. by tawatchai prakobkit, on Flickr

South Korea skyline of Seoul, The best view of South Korea with Lotte world mall at Namhansanseong Fortress. by tawatchai prakobkit, on Flickr

Wrocer, Seoul_Korea, gaab1972, mafd12, Swiddle and 5 others liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:06 PM   #5672
Wrocer
super&megatalls fan

Likes (Received): 756

beautiful city abyss

Nawiązując do niesprawiedliwych i dziwacznych interpretacji mojej aktywności na forum pragnę zapewnić wszystkich zainteresowanych, że pisuję tu nie na złość komukolwiek, a mój głos w dyskusji wynika z zainteresowania inwestycjami głównie we Wrocławiu, a także z chęci pozyskania i przekazania informacji/opinii z postępów inwestycji w licznych interesujących mnie wątkach i nie ma to nic wspólnego ze spamowaniem/trollowaniem, jak to niektórzy próbują mi zarzucić. Jeżeli ktoś nie toleruje poglądów innych (moich), naprawdę nie musi czytać moich postów.

Mr Cladding, Zaz965 liked this post
Wrocer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:09 PM   #5673
chanyxp

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Sorry if it was offensive I was just being the sarcastic American from New York City
But I got you. Korea's got potential to have a great skyline to show off... if only the buildings were a bit more concentrated in one area. I'm not necessarily interested in heights of the building as much as aesthetics.

Cheers!
chanyxp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 01:46 AM   #5674
SkyLinePana
BANNED

Likes (Received): 190

holy hdr batman.
SkyLinePana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 02:06 AM   #5675
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrocer View Post
beautiful city abyss

mab be this is reverse version...
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:04 AM   #5676
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

Yes, I was trying to figure out where this person was standing to get this picture, it was driving me crazy .
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:39 PM   #5677
augustojunior
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

not so great, but has a sparkle
augustojunior no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #5678
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12446

Quote:
I took a lot of pics during my Korea trip (2 weeks ago), here are some of them:

In total we stayed 10 days in Korea. Can't wait to go back again and take more pics

Good photos conggulaturlation for your experience in seoul trip bro. next time you ride kit surfing in han river

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #5679
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12446

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://leeflower79.blog.me/220283143590
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

SAM_5825 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
I came back from boracay trip. my 5time visiting to borcay.
boracay really over development by human. and serious beach erosion.
ugly concrete resort destory withe beach and commercialized
really hate those sabotage made by me and human rape virgin island n paradise as hell.
but Boracay remain as treasure in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Yes, as I've said over and over (and over, and over, and over...) again, if Korean skyscraper fans want to see more towers go up, there needs to be some major socioeconomic changes.
not really bro.
ST***ID korea 지방균형발전jibangkunhungbaljun: balance development policy made seoul depressed by artificial way,
TOKYO N LONDON concentrated their capital development but reverse in s korea.
they using artificial method to decline seoul city. this f**king st**pid way is same in communist what they did in soviet n china.

Seoul is not belong to S korea but to global as like a london tokyo.
What I really hate is st**pid korean and politician back bite their own capital city.

Seoul decreased population not by natural selection but by political reason.
that is way I hate f**king wong sung e seoul mayor and those party korean politician and korean voters.

Look Seoul will be triumph no matter what they hate this amazing 2000 years city.
SEOUL will not fail! seoul had been endure many disaster such like a Korean War and Japan regime!
Actually I'm a big fan of science and don't believe any superstition but anybody who try to hurt Seoul city then ****** upon him/she what ever!

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Wrocer, swatded, mafd12, Smiazon, gaab1972 and 3 others liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; May 24th, 2015 at 05:15 PM.
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 05:44 PM   #5680
MansoorBashir
Bashirzilla

Likes (Received): 1277

Munwon, swatded, mafd12, gaab1972, Mr Cladding and 1 others liked this post
MansoorBashir no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea