daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 5th, 2015, 07:23 AM   #5981
TheFuturistic

Likes (Received): 3059

[B][QUOTE=kimahrikku1[/B];126068122]As you might now, the war has been declared last week to succeed Shin Kyuk-Ho at the head of Lotte (it's a complicated conglomerate, so I'll spare you the details). Shin Dong-Bin has demoted his father, while the other brother, Shin Dong-Ju, stands with the aging father. A lot of drama, here is a full summary from Forbes :[/QUOTE

it is interestin that " feudal" corporate culture of korean chaebols work well in 21 century and i wonder how long it last

it was hard to imagine a decade ago that someday korean chaebols could take over the crown of japanese manufacturers in electronics biz and they did

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by TheFuturistic; August 5th, 2015 at 07:33 AM.
TheFuturistic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2015, 11:02 AM   #5982
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
I would prefer working somewhere, where I can see this beautiful tower all the time from my office window. If you work inside LWT you will never see the tower
good for you.

[QUOTE=TheFuturistic;126091820][B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1[/B
;126068122]As you might now, the war has been declared last week to succeed Shin Kyuk-Ho at the head of Lotte (it's a complicated conglomerate, so I'll spare you the details). Shin Dong-Bin has demoted his father, while the other brother, Shin Dong-Ju, stands with the aging father. A lot of drama, here is a full summary from Forbes :[/QUOTE

it is interestin that " feudal" corporate culture of korean chaebols work well in 21 century and i wonder how long it last

it was hard to imagine a decade ago that someday korean chaebols could take over the crown of japanese manufacturers in electronics biz and they did

it is interesting that company system korean chaebols.
a half century ago skorea economy is very poorest in the world even below Africa country. But like a singafore did by Lee Kuan Yew same did by korea public officer and dictatorship politician. So those chaebols growth stronger day by day. and success leading korea economy from ashes to Han river miracle.

I know many developing countries try to bench marking skorea's path however this kind of miracle almost impossible cause Now world become under low growth era and almost 70% world trade is "Invisible" knowledge product such like a patent.

bytheway one of most standard chaebols is SAMSUNG. I admit it that korea cheabol system is not normal phenomenon and have many side effect.
But chaebole mean Owner management. samsung had been small contractor company of SONY and japan. But few decade going by now it reverse.
chaebols in other words Owner management is have very Fast decision and concentrated investment is possible.

Same in LWT and lotte company
Shin Dong-Bin strongly opposite LWT 123fl casue it have no economic feasibility. but his father shin kuk ho angry about that and he order LWT 555m.

frankly LWT can't built in seoul without owner's irrational decision. now shin kuk ho 95 years old but a few days ago he visiting LWT'S main core and listen presentation and check U/C progress.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 02:47 PM   #5983
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

A super huge Korean flag is now being put on the tower at floor 70 at 304m height ( size of the flag: 36m x 24m)
The reason is the 70th anniversary the end of World War II and freedom from Japanese colonializm.

Great PR for the tower. Everyone in Seoul will take pictures of that or make selfies with it

sources:
http://blog.naver.com/guminnews/220442046345
http://pic.joins.com/photo/article/a...8392523&ctg=12
http://news.zum.com/articles/24069960?c=03

Equario, MM26, Zaz965, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by humptydumpty7; August 6th, 2015 at 10:54 AM.
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 04:41 PM   #5984
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6739

see they still hate the tower anot haha

WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 05:53 PM   #5985
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsinchong View Post
Was the tower construction actually paused due to middle east disease?
nope

Old August 5th, 2015, 06:36 PM   #5986
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 519

It's actually the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII and thus the independence of Korea from Imperial Japan. Next Saturday is Liberation Day or 광복절(光復節).
"I’ve been to the other side and let me tell you, son, there’s f*cking nothing there...there’s no one waiting there for you, there’s no one to judge you so you can do what you bloody well like." -- Kerry Packer on being clinically dead for 6 minutes.

Last edited by kanye; August 5th, 2015 at 10:32 PM.
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 07:44 PM   #5987
humptydumpty7

Thanks, you're totally right! My bad!

Old August 5th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #5988
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/znpdlzm8/220440995022
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
see they still hate the tower anot haha

long time no see friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post
It's actually the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII and thus the independence of Korea from Imperial Japan. Next Saturday is Liberation Day or 광복절(光復節).

right
Korea n Japan is neighborhood. We must reconciliation between them. Recently Prime minister ABE n korea's neo nationalist try to conflict each other by nationalism n painful WWII.

but we must stop those hate rally. Go together

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old August 5th, 2015, 08:29 PM   #5989
inno4321

official

LWT main tower 55% progress 107fl ongoing
△42~71fl Residence style officetel 223rooms
△107~114fl Private office 7room
are going to Sold out to market
especially at 17fl Show room prepare with Italy marble
Also VVIP rooms will be marketing target for Japan n china's rich people.

but even show room will be not public due to very luxury house for few people.

114fl for CEO of Lotte Sir Mr shin kuk ho 95 years old's room
but other lotte affiliate can not make a space for office in LWT due to too expensive to occupy for them. LOL

These private office market price will be (MAXIMUM) about $ 73 thousands per 3.3㎡(compare with 도라노몬힐스(Doranomon Hills) of TOKYO which $ 90 thousands per 3.3㎡)

Zaz965, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old August 5th, 2015, 08:45 PM   #5990
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://fromsong.com/220441806520

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
As much as everyone (especially inno) wants, I would also like to see the Han River being used to full potential. HOWEVER, I think the BIGGEST issue with Seoul and Korea in general is Koreans themselves. They have ZERO sense of citizenship.

From my 1 year tour here in Korea as a Korean American, I was surprised to see NONEXISTENT trash cans in the streets (Seoul has low threat of terrorism compared to other global cities (NK? please~b*tch that's why we US Soldiers are here) and the removal of trashcan started to happen after London Subway Trashcan Bombing...which is ridiculous and copycat), coffee takeout cups and bottles left in front of shops and stores or even where 'newspapers' are supposed to be, and cigarette buds everywhere in places that says "DO NOT THROW CIGARETTE BUDS HERE". And so many signs that makes sure the citizens do the right thing like Don't throw trash here, Think Again before suicide, make sure to walk on the right side on the escalator.... <---- Really? those signs are a BIG SHAME. Where in other world citiies do you see those signs...and those flyers and cards on the floors? OMG like really? Korea is NOT a 1st World Country...it may be on the outside but internally (laws, Korean citizens' mind, working culture, etc) it is still considered developing and it will NOT reach Tokyo or Hong Kong level in the next 100 years.

Building supertalls and having cruise ships entering the Han River (I highly doubt with NK so close by and I'm pretty sure we (US Army) will also oppose) may create jobs, but does it boast tourism? I doubt it. Does Europe has tons of supertalls? No, but they do tons of tourism. Seoul has potential but its citizens are third world country state of mind.

Back to Lotte World Tower, to fully use the supertall to its potential, they need to create an express line that connects Seoul Station-Gangnam Station to Lotte World Tower. For the past two weeks I've been here on vacation, it is a LOOONG ride from anywhere in Seoul to Lotte Tower with multiple transfers which is really annoying...
Well I admit it bro
Seoulites not really have great citizenship and little bit disorder. especially i really hate that man used to spit on the street with uncomfortable sound.
We must up grade our some low life sums's behavior.

But below is Begium's citizenship look

Recently when Korean actor n friend visiting Begium for travel and they sake a hand but return with such a above High noble gesture.
what a great citizenship it was. they greet with chink eyes gesture what a citizenship

Last edited by inno4321; August 5th, 2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old August 5th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #5991
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://fromsong.com/220441806520

Well I admit it bro
Seoulites not really have great citizenship and little bit disorder. especially i really hate that man used to spit on the street with uncomfortable sound.

Recently when Korean actor n friend visiting Begium for travel and they sake a hand but return with such a above High noble gesture.
what a great citizenship it was. they greet with chink eyes gesture what a citizenship
Sense of citizenship and Racism are two different subjects. But you DO know Koreans are just as if not more racist than most people in the world right?

HOOAH!!

Zaz965, MM26, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 04:06 AM   #5992
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:

Well I admit it bro

Sorry of topic but,
Let me put things straight, don't let you be fooled by "friendly" people:
Here in Belgium the streets would be sticking full of chewing gum when the city workers wouldn't steamclean them every day. The old town centers in the bigger cities like Ghent, Antwerp and Liege are clean, nice and cozy and you might find a beggar or two, yes, but outside those, you would not want to walk alone at night. There are a lot of abandoned industrial era buildings at the city borders where junkies and tramps spend the night in. Brussels, the capital, is a dirty city. Streets are dirty and in poor state and tramps and beggars are found all over the touristic areas. Subways stink like piss too. Suburbs are overall awesome here. They're nice, green and clean, but the people living there, especially elder people, have a sour mentality and always have something to complain about. The overall mentality of Belgium can be described as right leaning conservative, very introvert and closed minded, the (especially elder and ritch) people always talk about need to know stuff. They would never talk to a stranger if it isn't necessary. Belgians lost their national feeling when the Eurocrisis hit. Flemish want to split from Wallonia and want to have their own country, because they're richer and because they think its a sollution against the national debt crises. Oh and don't get me started about our complicated political system and high taxes.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 07:24 AM   #5993
TheFuturistic

Likes (Received): 3059

tourism pics dont represent daily life

Asian cities( except japan) have a long way to go.to the level of europe's urban culture which is mature and facing its own problems too (influx of illegal immigrants, restrictions and/or lack of inspiration for new developments etc)

Most of asian cities just got out of poverty not long ago so naturally they are messy but on the other hand have more room to grow. Well it would be much more difficult to get a huge supertall like lotte tower built in paris or rome

Last edited by TheFuturistic; August 6th, 2015 at 07:38 AM.
TheFuturistic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 07:38 AM   #5994
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50701

Lotte world mall by Young Woo Park, on Flickr

Mist by Young Woo Park, on Flickr

Last edited by Oasis-Bangkok; August 6th, 2015 at 07:43 AM.
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #5995
dtlc445

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturistic View Post
Most of asian cities just got out of poverty not long ago so naturally they are messy
You're very wrong. If you want an Asian city that's very clean and has a very high quality of life, go to

SINGAPORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Singapore

Untitled by night86mare, on Flickr

Theatres by the Bay by Ashley Matthew Teo, on Flickr

IMG_2391_stitch by Erich Chew, on Flickr
Back to topic. Lotte Tower looks amazing and I can't wait to see this completed. Congratulations South Korea for having a supertall that looks amazing
Old August 6th, 2015, 11:22 AM   #5996
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlc445 View Post
You're very wrong. If you want an Asian city that's very clean and has a very high quality of life, go to Singapore.
He said most asian cities. Not all.
Old August 6th, 2015, 07:42 PM   #5997
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://www.pholar.co/pic/732559/1787838

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Yeah, I did mention the Yongsan Garrisson in a relevant manner... in a reply about a post about the current state of urban development in Korea. Post that was apparently appreciated, led to very positive feedback and some likes...

It's nice to see you play the age or "forum seniority" card. Very mature. I'd be more concerned about posting relevant and interesting contributions rather than shouting out your opinion on any topic.

If you do feel like voicing your opinion, do so in a respectful manner, and don't take your oh-so-precious opinions for cold hard facts.

Also, I'm very sorry to inform you that I'm a French citizen of mixed French-Spanish ancestry, partially educated in the US and living in Korea since fairly recently (reason which led me to join this forum btw), so I'm afraid that your comments about Koreans won't really affect me. I'm sure, however that all the actual Koreans on this forum will appreciate your insults and your cultural insensivity.

I'm also taking a guess so I might be wrong on this, but if your name matches your online ID, your last name is Moon, so it is fairly likely that you are of Korean ancestry yourself. Pretty ironic and sad that you would come to insult your own people, or at least the people of your ancestors. (please do ignore last statement if actually not of Korean ancestry)

Well
so ridiculous things is 교포(korean who live in USA) used to provoked against Korea. They used to say like a teacher and scold korean people as like a third world citizens.
well 1970~90 those custom was acceptable. also only rich korean family sending their children into USA university. So if they graduated USA college and speak fluently English then he guarantee hired in Chabol(big company). But now everything was changed. Korea no more follower of USA or Japan's technology.
Now korean company have a strong pressure to make New thing and leading world IT or car ship etc now Korea become leading country. I can't understand why those abroad korean didn;t awake up from arrogant and past memory? So sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
Sorry of topic but,
Let me put things straight, don't let you be fooled by "friendly" people:
Here in Belgium the streets would be sticking full of chewing gum when the city workers wouldn't steamclean them every day. The old town centers in the bigger cities like Ghent, Antwerp and Liege are clean, nice and cozy and you might find a beggar or two, yes, but outside those, you would not want to walk alone at night. There are a lot of abandoned industrial era buildings at the city borders where junkies and tramps spend the night in. Brussels, the capital, is a dirty city. Streets are dirty and in poor state and tramps and beggars are found all over the touristic areas. Subways stink like piss too. Suburbs are overall awesome here. They're nice, green and clean, but the people living there, especially elder people, have a sour mentality and always have something to complain about. The overall mentality of Belgium can be described as right leaning conservative, very introvert and closed minded, the (especially elder and ritch) people always talk about need to know stuff. They would never talk to a stranger if it isn't necessary. Belgians lost their national feeling when the Eurocrisis hit. Flemish want to split from Wallonia and want to have their own country, because they're richer and because they think its a sollution against the national debt crises. Oh and don't get me started about our complicated political system and high taxes.

Actually I thought Belgium is rich country. OMG interesting especially problem between Flemish and Wallonia.
thanks for your keen comment
btw
below person is Belgium Boy who VERY famous in Korea TV.
He speak very well korean amazing http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=022&aid=0002853074

Zaz965, WingWing, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 6th, 2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old August 7th, 2015, 02:53 AM   #5998
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:

Actually I thought Belgium is rich country. OMG interesting especially problem between Flemish and Wallonia.
thanks for your keen comment
btw
below person is Belgium Boy who VERY famous in Korea TV.
He speak very well korean amazing http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=022&aid=0002853074
Belgium is a rich country but with a big debts. The treasury is as balanced as The USA's is, only about half The numbers.

I don't know The boy. He might Be a walloon? I'm lower class Flemish. Our folks and media don't mix.

Anyway LWT is almost done right? How many meters yet to go?
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 04:09 AM   #5999
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

It must be over 450m; the crown starts at 497m and floor 120, so we have fewer than 10 floors to go--less than 40m, I think. I'm just so anxious for them to start putting that beautiful crown on!
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:04 AM   #6000
YoNoFui

Likes (Received): 253

I don't know if is just me, but this tower kinda looks like a bigger version of the Costanera Center in Santiago de Chile.

Nice tower btw.
YoNoFui no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea