daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2015, 11:24 AM   #6001
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
It must be over 450m; the crown starts at 497m and floor 120, so we have fewer than 10 floors to go--less than 40m, I think. I'm just so anxious for them to start putting that beautiful crown on!
Yes. The Queen of seoul deserves her crown.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:30 AM   #6002
JaguarFType
BANNED

Likes (Received): 88

Nice skyscraper

inno4321 liked this post
JaguarFType no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #6003
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
Belgium is a rich country but with a big debts. The treasury is as balanced as The USA's is, only about half The numbers.

I don't know The boy. He might Be a walloon? I'm lower class Flemish. Our folks and media don't mix.

Anyway LWT is almost done right? How many meters yet to go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddorry View Post
Yes. The Queen of seoul deserves her crown.

WELL
it is very interesting things that to learn other country's history and economy state by citizens who live in there now.

europe(belgium) is very beautiful country with well preserved architecture and colorful painting.
actually right we are begin from lower class.
When i was kid i cook food in the gasoline and heat the room with briquette and all family sleep in same room you know i had been faint due to swallow from briquette
But step by step we grow up to more better life and to get dignity. You deserved friend.

btw

I like TOMORROW LAND IN BELGIUM!! dID YOU EVER GO THERE?
I hope someday go that party!!

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:39 AM   #6004
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

The huge flag is now complete!
Interesting are the two maintainance cranes coming out of the building (last pic)

source:
http://blog.naver.com/free_jhp/220443683176
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0006681772
Old August 7th, 2015, 02:34 PM   #6005
humptydumpty7

Two short videos with nice aerial shots filmed with drones.

Equario, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 04:23 PM   #6006
Fabouninou

Likes (Received): 248

Are they trying to seduce Korean nationalists ?
Fabouninou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 05:26 PM   #6007
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabouninou View Post
nope, just celebrating 70 years of freedom and the end of opression and colonization
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:42 PM   #6008
Dave-in-Toronto

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabouninou View Post
- They managed to seduce me.
Old August 7th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #6009
inno4321

SAM_6281 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6282 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6283 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6287 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6298 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6301 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6302 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6304 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Equario, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old August 8th, 2015, 01:44 AM   #6010
Victoria123

Likes (Received): 1765

There's a huge nationwide controversy in Korea about Lotte being a Japanese company regarding their recent behaviour and announcements.
Korean netizens are boycotting Lotte for it, and have started a consumer strike against the company.
With displaying the huge Korean flag, with help from the fact that its the 70th year of emancipation from Japan, those bastards think they can quiet the public. Unfortunately for them people in Korea aren't that stupid. And I'm a proud Canadian and Torontonian
#boycottLotte
Victoria123 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 02:27 AM   #6011
trustevil

Likes (Received): 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post
There's a huge nationwide controversy in Korea about Lotte being a Japanese company regarding their recent behaviour and announcements.
Korean netizens are boycotting Lotte for it, and have started a consumer strike against the company.
With displaying the huge Korean flag, with help from the fact that its the 70th year of emancipation from Japan, those bastards think they can quiet the public. Unfortunately for them people in Korea aren't that stupid. And I'm a proud Canadian and Torontonian
#boycottLotte
What type of b.s. are you spewing on here? Just because Lotte is Japanese dont mean they were the ones responsible for whatever happened 70 years ago. Its just idiots that have nothing better to do than boycott something they have no awareness of. BTW I think Inno said lotte is Japanese AND Korean...

inno4321 liked this post
trustevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 02:52 AM   #6012
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

It is. This kind of Korea-Japan animus is total nonsense. I know they've got a rough history together, and most of it is on Japan, but leave the past where it belongs--behind you. East Asia needs to stop obsessing over its past if it's going to have a future, as more serious problems lie ahead than behind.

Lotte is Korean-Japanese; leave it at that and focus on the myriad other, more important problems facing the two countries.

inno4321 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 03:01 AM   #6013
Shaddorry
Futurologist

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

btw

I like TOMORROW LAND IN BELGIUM!! dID YOU EVER GO THERE?
I hope someday go that party!!
Never been there. Tickets are way to expensive. But the company that makes the stage art and decor is my neighbor.
Shaddorry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 06:00 AM   #6014
haisonch

Likes (Received): 1

It make Seoul skyline more glisten

inno4321 liked this post
haisonch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 04:33 PM   #6015
inno4321

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://blog.naver.com/altwellaaha/220442259206
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Nazaire View Post
As someone having spent two months in Seoul, I feel the need to say something about Koreans. I would say the Korean people in so many ways still behave like people from a developing country, no manners and very rude, even the younger generation behaves equally bad as the elders. I stayed in a high rise apartment when I was in Seoul, the residents waiting for the lift always stand right in front of the door and totally block my way out. And sometimes they even enter the lift before I can get out. For the people inside the lift, they always seem so desperate to be the first one to get out. It happened to me so many times that I was the person who actually the closest to the door, but ended up as the last person who exited the lift. People standing behind me somehow always manage to push me to the side, so they can get out the lift first. Speaking of the traffic, dear lord, it's a pure disaster. Most of the drivers in Korea have no concept that the pedestrians have priority when crossing a small street or lane where there is no traffic light. And the motor cycles are always on the side walk where they are not supposed to be. And above all, there is simply no rubbish bins on any streets, so people just toss rubbish where ever they can.

well I admit it
Most Seoulite's etiquette is terrible. I used to called them "elementary kid" who adult but acting like a kid.

this is undeniable truth for me
bumping other people's body but didn't say excuse me/"sorry"
Everyone is fast. Seoul's virtue is FAST N FAST than other. and really disgusting is they used to spit on the street.
about traffic..that also very tough. especially If take in bus the you can experience crazy driver it seems like a roller coaster. So elder n mother who bring kid/baby hesitate to take a Seoul bus. also illegal street vendor really really crazy too. they occupy public pedestrian walking board as their property!!
these custom didn't fixed at all for long time.

But what about France's city? especially capital paris?
Korean who visiting Paris expressed they got cultural shocking in paris.

In paris Most terrible thing is public order very unsafe for seoulites.
You know in seoul no body worry about thieves in street. Even Me i lived whole my life in seoul I never been stolen my wallet or money. I used to go to dance party or something like stranger people gather in the middle of Night! But no body open my back bag or cut my clothe with razor.
even woman can sleep in park.
but most korean traveler who in paris complain about stolen money and passport. they got a shock. in the subway, famous tour spot people come to closed to them and talking friendly pick up item in the back. so korean who try to visiting paris must prepare lock for carrier. It so ridiculous ot seems like a developing country too for us.

and korean traveler complain about urine smell from subway. even some station mouse running on the track. it is very comparison with seoul subway which paved up with Marble. also public toilet is terrible in paris.
You know in seoul all building must public open toilet for citizens. If want to pee then just go to nearby restraunt or shop.
but in paris must pay for toilet. it seem like a developing country. very slow banking system/subway system used to stop due to riot/inconvenient IT infra etc
such like countless complain come up from korean traveler who visiting paris.

But don;t get me wrong
NO BODY provoking Paris as developing country.
Just accept that contradiction as cultural different. Korean traveler say paris was dangerous and smell and dirty compare with seoul but they didn't thumbs down paris due to those minor aspect. Because paris have a lot of heritage and beautiful city landscape and strong cultural software power etc.

In short
I admit it seoul's crazy driver and bad etiquette. Even I hard to adaptation to those terrible custom and manner of korean since i born. And i hope to seoulite upgrade citizenship like a Japanaese.
however in the eyes of seoulite paris's many aspect is terrible and seem like a developing country compare with seoul city too.

But I don't want to definition Paris as developing city. Because every city has TWO different aspect like a coin.
Oh bro. earth become FLATNESS day by day. whichmeans nobody have a right to look down other city like a developing or not

Last edited by inno4321; August 8th, 2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old August 8th, 2015, 07:24 PM   #6016
inno4321

SAM_6356 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6358 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6359 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6360 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6362 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6363 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6367 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6370 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6371 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

Quote:
#boycottLotte
Quote:
Learn your history. You think Japan was responsible for the various atrocities they commited against Korea?? Try distinguishing between Germany and Japan. Don't think I'm defending the Koreans, I'm speaking truth.
And if you don't know what's happening in Korea just shut it. To make it easy for you they're giving all the company's financial power to Lotte Holdings Japan. Now does that sound like a Korean or Jap company to you? And you called me an idiot huh? Does U of T med school sound like a place where idiots go to you?

well everyone has the right to think philosophy about issues. So i respect your opinions friend
btw Officially Mr shin dong bin who son of CEO said that "Lotte is korea company" few days ago in airport.
about LWT
About $ 5 billions take LWT project.
But Most of construction cost came from lotte of Japan affiliate. especially loan from Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and mizuho bank of japan www.mizuhobank.co.jp/
in short LWT built by Lotte korea company but it's money came from japan banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustevil View Post
What type of b.s. are you spewing on here? Just because Lotte is Japanese dont mean they were the ones responsible for whatever happened 70 years ago. Its just idiots that have nothing better to do than boycott something they have no awareness of. BTW I think Inno said lotte is Japanese AND Korean...

Agreed
personally I don;t like korea netizen's boycotting Lotte product.
U know Korean especially netizens always looking for trouble something.
Korea's internet speed is very fast and everyone using it. So if their routine life is boring then they looking for fun.
Unfortunately most case those behavior expressed same way like a which hunt.

i know Lotte owner family's conflict and scandal but it is nonsense to connected lotte scandal with Nationalism issue or boycotting lotte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
It is. This kind of Korea-Japan animus is total nonsense. I know they've got a rough history together, and most of it is on Japan, but leave the past where it belongs--behind you. East Asia needs to stop obsessing over its past if it's going to have a future, as more serious problems lie ahead than behind.

Lotte is Korean-Japanese; leave it at that and focus on the myriad other, more important problems facing the two countries.

agreed.

KOREA-JAPAN We must go together for the Future. JAPAN KOREA mixed blood and influence each other in cultural and philosophy.

Only problem is both country's wicked politician who using nationalism for the purposed to get inner political hegemony.

Last edited by inno4321; August 8th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old August 8th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #6017
Dave-in-Toronto

Likes (Received): 682

[QUOTE=inno4321;126175473][url=https://flic.kr/p/wNh4FY]
SAM_6363 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

Thanks for the fine close-up of the top! I think next week will see another floor or two completed, at this rate. Thanks for all your good pictures of this tower and of Seoul's parks and roads.

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
Dave-in-Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2015, 04:59 PM   #6018
inno4321

Personally I don;t like "Korean flag in LWT"
Not really beautiful at all. it seems weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
anyway, many korean don't like lotte for a long long time...

and now more and more people don't like lotte
I like LOTTE which company invest in Seoul and built to landmark not in TOKYO but in SEOUL.

[QUOTE=Dave-in-Toronto;126177824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

Thanks for the fine close-up of the top! I think next week will see another floor or two completed, at this rate. Thanks for all your good pictures of this tower and of Seoul's parks and roads.

thanks friend
recently LOTTE uploaded new latest photos above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustevil View Post
Yes, for the sake of a HUMAN race, get along, put the past aside, something that happened 70 years ago nearly a century ago and they are still upset about it? I mean of course there are going to be some ppl who may have had grandparents part of that war and harbor some type of hatred/hostility toward the Japanese, but u cant hold every single Japanese company accountable for something that may not have had anything to do with them.

But thank you for the updates! This building is fascinating no matter who it is built by or who finances it, just as long as its being built

right I don;t like nationalist of korea and neo-nationalist of japan.
peace

last friday LWT testing LED lighting show on the surface of cladding. i think they testing for independence day?

Equario, oscillation, aquaticko, Munwon, Torch and 7 others liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 9th, 2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old August 9th, 2015, 06:58 PM   #6019
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 519

Ugh, can we leave the politics out of this thread please?
"I’ve been to the other side and let me tell you, son, there’s f*cking nothing there...there’s no one waiting there for you, there’s no one to judge you so you can do what you bloody well like." -- Kerry Packer on being clinically dead for 6 minutes.

cd7890 liked this post
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2015, 06:59 PM   #6020
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 519

Japan/Korea relations is a bottomless pit of a conversation. Let's not bring it up.
"I’ve been to the other side and let me tell you, son, there’s f*cking nothing there...there’s no one waiting there for you, there’s no one to judge you so you can do what you bloody well like." -- Kerry Packer on being clinically dead for 6 minutes.

aquaticko, inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea