daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 18th, 2015, 01:08 AM   #6041
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12446

Around GANGNAM and HYUNDAI 571M is One of Most expensive land in the world


Seoul medical land little bit higher than NY average land price


hyundai HQ land 1.7 times higher price than MONACO which place are Most expensive land in the world


Old estimate building is almost same price with average singafore

but
to be fair
above seoul land are very limited area in gangnam so
It is unfair comparison between other expensive land price in the world.

however one thing is sure that HYUNDAI 571M land is most expensive land So far.
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:45 AM   #6042
brianmoon85
Registered User
 
brianmoon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Posts: 2,500
Likes (Received): 388

Land may be expensive in Gangnam but the quality of life is better in NYC, Monaco, and Singapore and it will never change
__________________
"Try, Try Again, Try Another Way"

HOOAH!!
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 03:51 PM   #6043
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 15,735
Likes (Received): 50856



Untitled by Cheolwoo Nam, on Flickr
__________________

Kirgam, mafd12, aruckert, dunefreezer liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 07:18 PM   #6044
Transhumanista
Registered User
 
Transhumanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
Posts: 381
Likes (Received): 881

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Land may be expensive in Gangnam but the quality of life is better in NYC, Monaco, and Singapore and it will never change
Never say never
But what does quality of life have to do with land price ?
__________________

inno4321, humptydumpty7, aquaticko liked this post
Transhumanista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #6045
kimahrikku1
Registered User
 
kimahrikku1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 4,285
Likes (Received): 7005

I was at Lotte World today, so it is my great pleasure to upload to smartphone low-definition pictures that I took and look like s**t:


Lotte World Tower 150818
by kimahrikku1, on Flickr

Lotte World Tower 150818 Night
by kimahrikku1, on Flickr
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 07:40 PM   #6046
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transhumanista View Post
Never say never
But what does quality of life have to do with land price ?

make sense
I agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
I was at Lotte World today, so it is my great pleasure to upload to low-definition pictures that I took and look like s**t:
], on Flickr
what did u tooke or ride in lotte park? lol
today was middle of week so people few in park

I like swing + bunji(in above photos)
i believe that lotte will be remodeling and expand thses amuse park too when LWT completion
i expect SECOND Huge project in amuse park.
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

WingWing, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:06 PM   #6047
kimahrikku1
Registered User
 
kimahrikku1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 4,285
Likes (Received): 7005

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

make sense
I agreed



what did u tooke or ride in lotte park? lol
today was middle of week so people few in park

I like swing + bunji(in above photos)
i believe that lotte will be remodeling and expand thses amuse park too when LWT completion
i expect SECOND Huge project in amuse park.
I'm on paid leave this week so I went during a weekday on purpose... Was still very busy. I didn't actually rode any of the outside attractions, because it was crowded and hot (I had already rode all the outside rides a couple of years ago), but did pretty much everything inside : French Revolution, Flume Ride, The Pirate Ship, Jungle Adventure, all three new Wild Tour rides.

I agree, even on a week day, it felt pretty crowded. The queue was usually between 60 and 90 minutes for major rides. I think an extension (to the outside "Magic Island") is necessary, especially with the money Lotte has invested in the area with LWT. Also, it does feel a bit dated at time and "kitch". Still a great place to go.

Btw, not sure if it the Lotte World Mall / Tower effect, but there were many Chinese in the park today.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:44 PM   #6048
WingWing
Registered User
 
WingWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,641
Likes (Received): 6745

Hyundai overpaid for the land


They dont mind that as they would rather buy an expensive land, gain fame through world media



Than giving the money to government as form of new tax rate in 2015.


Basically they throw their excessive money into this land
__________________
Singapore, A Skyline Like No Others
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 09:13 PM   #6049
jhalsey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,263
Likes (Received): 183

Humans seem so small and fragile next to this.
jhalsey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:32 PM   #6050
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12446

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWing View Post
Hyundai overpaid for the land


They dont mind that as they would rather buy an expensive land, gain fame through world media



Than giving the money to government as form of new tax rate in 2015.


Basically they throw their excessive money into this land
well

last 10 years Samseoung dong's average land price rise up ratio was 10% per a years.
which means it will be $ 15 billions when HQ completion
also hyundai conglomerate's affiliate rent office scatter all around in seoul very inefficiency
They paid 2400억($ 200 millions) for office rental annually
it is same price deposit $ 8 billions in bank!
even they held Dealer convention show in singafore/hong kong due to they have no space in Seoul of korea.
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

WingWing, Zaz965, Victoria123 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 19th, 2015 at 04:55 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 08:19 PM   #6051
WingWing
Registered User
 
WingWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,641
Likes (Received): 6745

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
well

last 10 years Samseoung dong's average land price rise up ratio was 10% per a years.
which means it will be $ 15 billions when HQ completion
also hyundai conglomerate's affiliate rent office scatter all around in seoul very inefficiency
They paid 2400억($ 200 millions) for office rental annually
it is same price deposit $ 8 billions in bank!
even they held Dealer convention show in singafore/hong kong due to they have no space in Seoul of korea.
good that they continues to develop their future business unit in Seoul as few companies might goes out of seoul to find cheaper lands as alternative.

lets pray Hyundai gets to start their project ASAP
__________________
Singapore, A Skyline Like No Others

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 04:24 PM   #6052
luci203
Registered User
 
luci203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,129
Likes (Received): 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Land may be expensive in Gangnam but the quality of life is better in NYC and it will never change
- First of all, what make you so sure ?

quality of life mean healthcare, education, low criminality, air pollution, etc. (so sure NY is better at any of those?)

- Second of all, never is a very strong word... I'm sure citizens of Babylon thought there will never be a city greater than Babylon, yet now is a deserted city in ruin, located in Iraq.
__________________
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F...
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 04:07 PM   #6053
aquaticko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 1,987
Likes (Received): 1029

@WingWing You're right, they've been getting lots of international attention about their land purchase, but it's been almost universally negative. They talk about how absurd it was to pay almost triple the land's assessed value, and worse, about how the decision came without discussion among board members or any warning that it was going to happen. Chung Mong-ku treated Hyundai's money like it was all his to spend however he wanted. It served as yet another indication of just how poor the chaebol are at corporate governance.

@Inno That kind of thinking--that land values will only ever increase--is what caused the U.S. housing bubble and the world financial crisis. It just isn't true that land values only ever go up, and that's especially true of a country that will soon have declining population and has a weak service sector.
__________________

WingWing, Zaz965 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:47 AM   #6054
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12446


More photos and Above photos copyright belong to 석화(fktj****) http://cafe.naver.com/a350club/410981
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.



Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
- First of all, what make you so sure ?

quality of life mean healthcare, education, low criminality, air pollution, etc. (so sure NY is better at any of those?)
- Second of all, never is a very strong word... I'm sure citizens of Babylon thought there will never be a city greater than Babylon, yet now is a deserted city in ruin, located in Iraq.

I agreed friend
quality of life defend on many different perspective such like a "public medical insurance"
many KYPO(korean-american) come to seoul for medical care. cause ordinary USA hospital very expensive. But 1 and 5 money same quality medical care possible in Seoul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
@Inno That kind of thinking--that land values will only ever increase--is what caused the U.S. housing bubble and the world financial crisis. It just isn't true that land values only ever go up, and that's especially true of a country that will soon have declining population and has a weak service sector.

oh man don;t treat city like a dead concrete!
remember City is a LIVING CREATURE like a forest
Trees grow follow "fractal structure pattern" So city growth day by day to the complexity
It is not artificial way but follow cosmos order.
How can u predict some city's future base on your Low-Poor data? are you Nostradamus?

Now 60 billions population living in the world but among them 75% population gathering in ONLY 1% earth's surface spot such like a London, NYC, Tokyo, Seoul!
What do you think? Why those people living in metropolitan?
You can't reverse way of natural evolution man. Even Rule of Money CAN'T do it.
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

aquaticko, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 23rd, 2015 at 01:06 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 01:09 AM   #6055
aquaticko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 1,987
Likes (Received): 1029

Rule of money is exactly why those people live where they do. All over the world, in countries rich and poor, people move to cities in the hopes of a better life, and in this world, that really means more money. If South Korea's economy (which is really to say Seoul's economy) isn't growing like it used to, and you know its population isn't, then people have no reason to go to Seoul over other places. Sudogwon as a whole may still be attracting more people, but Seoul's become too expensive for a lot of people.

Remember, even New York suffered in the immediate aftermath of the financial crisis, and it's New York. Seoul doesn't have the international cache and appeal--never mind open social environment--to attract huge numbers of people, so I can't say it'd rebound in the same way.

On topic though, Inno, that latest picture is stunning. It's like LWT is some kind of flower with its bud closed, ready to open as the morning sun hits it. Gorgeous!
__________________

brianmoon85 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 02:34 AM   #6056
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12446



More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://leeflower79.blog.me/220283143590
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Rule of money is exactly why those people live where they do. All over the world, in countries rich and poor, people move to cities in the hopes of a better life, and in this world, that really means more money. If South Korea's economy (which is really to say Seoul's economy) isn't growing like it used to, and you know its population isn't, then people have no reason to go to Seoul over other places. Sudogwon as a whole may still be attracting more people, but Seoul's become too expensive for a lot of people.

Remember, even New York suffered in the immediate aftermath of the financial crisis, and it's New York. Seoul doesn't have the international cache and appeal--never mind open social environment--to attract huge numbers of people, so I can't say it'd rebound in the same way.

On topic though, Inno, that latest picture is stunning. It's like LWT is some kind of flower with its bud closed, ready to open as the morning sun hits it. Gorgeous!
Friend u speak opposite way
REMIND Tokyo's case
people more move to cities when crisis situation like a bacteria gathering stick togerther when ultraviolet shining
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Ch.W, mafd12, Zaz965, sam_18 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 07:16 AM   #6057
dtlc445
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Land may be expensive in Gangnam but the quality of life is better in NYC, Monaco, and Singapore and it will never change
Hold on a sec, 50 years ago, Seoul's quality of life was very bad. Rome's quality of life exceeded that of Seoul completely

50 years later, Seoul or South Korea, has a higher quality of life than Rome or Italy, according to the United Nations Human Development Index

So, you lie, it WILL change. GO KOREA!!!
__________________

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
dtlc445 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 02:05 PM   #6058
humptydumpty7
Registered User
 
humptydumpty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,163
Likes (Received): 4627









The huge steel diagrid structure is now easy to see.
nice progress!







This is where we are now



source:
http://blog.naver.com/byejun017
__________________
Austria | Korea | Poland

oscillation, inno4321, Zaz965, sgollis liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:44 PM   #6059
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12446

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post



This is where we are now



source:
http://blog.naver.com/byejun017


it is surreal!! I can't believe my eyes!! is this Hollywood SF MOVIE CG?
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965, humptydumpty7 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 07:35 PM   #6060
Dave-in-Toronto
Registered User
 
Dave-in-Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 582
Likes (Received): 683

Thanks for the great pictures, humpydumpty and inno. The last section is finally taking shape, and they are sticking to the plan completely. Question: at what level is the last numbered floor?
__________________
Toronto!

inno4321 liked this post
Dave-in-Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu