daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 9th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #6181
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1025

...Great. Now unless you have something to say that's relevant to Lotte World Tower (or even South Korea, honestly), then ssshhhh.

Not to mention, that's technically a radio tower, not a skyscraper.

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2015, 05:29 PM   #6182
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

SAM_6409 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6338 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6382 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6380 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6379 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_6344 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Nazaire View Post
No skyscrapers can compare itself with this lady from my beautiful country.

well bros
Seoul n Paris are both of them very historical city.
It depend on personal favorite problem.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

sgollis, Ch.W, Swiddle, Zaz965, swatded and 1 others liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #6183
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1657

when will it top out?

Zaz965 liked this post
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2015, 12:25 PM   #6184
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

Quote:
No skyscrapers can compare itself with this lady from my beautiful country.
1. You're in the wrong thread, or even in the wrong forum (small hint: skyscrapers are the topic here)

2. Paris is overrated: Dirt and garbage everywhere, illegal vendors everywhere, lots of thieves robbing tourists in broad daylight and many districts look more like Syria or Iran. reason to be proud!

But at least the baguettes and croissants there are okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger
when will it top out?
Probably around December
The whole crown might be finished within January 2016.
Old October 11th, 2015, 12:50 AM   #6185
robertitoam

Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
1. You're in the wrong thread, or even in the wrong forum (small hint: skyscrapers are the topic here)

2. Paris is overrated: Dirt and garbage everywhere, illegal vendors everywhere, lots of thieves robbing tourists in broad daylight and many districts look more like Syria or Iran. reason to be proud!

I agree totally with what you say at first but i completely and utterly disagree with what you say after. Yes Paris is dirty like all cities but it isn't excessively dirty NYC is so much dirtier. You are right about the legal vendors but they only hang out around huge tourist attractions and police has been clamping down on it and it has been decreasing throughout the years. Thieves robbing tourists? HAHAHAHA!!!! ofcrs robberies happen from time to time but in broad daylight definitely not, the streets in Paris are always packed and the police is constantly patrolling around attractions, even more now with the terrorism threat. But all you said before is NOTHING compared to what you say at the end AHHAHAHAHAHAAH Syria??? come oooon even the worst districts like the 18eme or Pigalle are just rough again like every city and yes France has a lot of arab immigrants but seriously Iran and Syria????? you live in a weird world if that is the case XDDDD. i really hope you know you are exagerrating Source: I lived there

Zaz965, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
robertitoam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 10:05 AM   #6186
humptydumpty7

source: http://timestation.kr/220505589713

new steel diagrid elements were installed from level 113-116.

Lotte World Tower is officially now the tallest skyscraper with a steel diagrid architecture. Before it was Guangzhou International Finance Center in China.
The diagrid starts from floor 107 (435m) and goes all the way up to 555m.

sources:
http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?...51012010005919

http://blog.naver.com/byejun017

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertitoam View Post
I agree totally with what you say at first but [....] i really hope you know you are exagerrating
Of course i was exagerrating
As Saint Nazaire posted ridiculous stuff, i felt obliged to reply with something ridiculous too
Old October 12th, 2015, 10:48 AM   #6187
Eiropro
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3282

Nice tower!

But city needs more trees/parks. I was in Seoul, too much concrete too few trees.

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
Eiropro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 01:33 PM   #6188
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiropro View Post
Nice tower!

But city needs more trees/parks. I was in Seoul, too much concrete too few trees.
I have to disagree with that statement. Seoul has so many parks to offer, and most of them are fairly new and each have some kind of theme or special atmosphere.

The city's main park include :
- Olympic Park, World Cup Park, Seoul Forest, Dream Forest, Seonyudo, Yeouido Park, Hangang Park, Naksan Park, Children's Grand Park...

There are probably more parks in Seoul than in any other city I can think of.

And there are at least four projects underway for new parks :
- Further improvement and expansion of Hangang Park
- Gyeonggui Line Forest Park (still U/C but partially open)
- Yongsan Garrison Park (once the US Army leaves the base, starting in 2017)
- Seoul 7017

And there are probably even more along the way.

Also, even if it doesn't count as a park, there is so much nature in and around Seoul, with all the mountains, the river, and Cheonggyecheon.

However, I think that for tourists who don't know the city so well, the city of Seoul has (sadly) decided to mostly promote its markets, palaces and museums (which are full of foreigners) while there are usually very few foreigners in parks, as they haven't been well promoted to non-Koreans. So that might be the reason why you "missed out on" the parks. That's definitely something the municipality could do better, communicate about its wonderful parks.

Last edited by kimahrikku1; October 12th, 2015 at 02:44 PM.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 01:47 PM   #6189
baiu001

Likes (Received): 107

Cant wait to see this beauty on my trip to Seoul this December

inno4321, Zaz965, swatded liked this post
baiu001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 03:08 PM   #6190
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
I have to disagree with that statement. Seoul has so many parks to offer, and most of them are fairly new and each have some kind of theme or special atmosphere.

- Olympic Park, World Cup Park, Seoul Forest, Dream Forest, Seonyudo, Yeouido Park, Hangang Park, Naksan Park, Children's Grand Park...

- Seoul 7017

Also, even if it doesn't count as a park, there is so much nature in and around Seoul, with all the mountains, the river, and Cheonggyecheon.

However, I think that for tourists who don't know the city so well, the city of Seoul has (sadly) decided to mostly promote its markets, palaces and museums (which are full of foreigners) while there are usually very few foreigners in parks, as they haven't been well promoted to non-Koreans. So that might be the reason why you "missed out on" the parks. That's definitely something the municipality could do better, communicate about its wonderful parks.
green area rate of seoul is 30%. and grow up every year..

Zaz965 liked this post
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 03:17 PM   #6191
Saint Nazaire
BANNED

Likes (Received): 176

Quote:
Nice tower!

I would suggest you to avoid saying anything negative about Seoul at all costs, Koreans won't take it well, no matter how true your statements are.

Zaz965 liked this post
Saint Nazaire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 03:49 PM   #6192
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Nice tower!

Yup, some areas are totally missing trees and parks, but other areas are really full of them (especially new and hip districts). Depends on where you go.

I lived in both Seoul and Shanghai and i hated my life in Shanghai because of the lack of parks, trees and nature.
Life in Seoul was much nicer in that matter, as you can chill out at the parks along Han River or you take the subway for 15-20 minutes and you are in one of the several national parks around Seoul with mountains and forests.

Zaz965, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 03:53 PM   #6193
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6961

Quote:
I would suggest you to avoid saying anything negative about Seoul at all costs, Koreans won't take it well, no matter how true your statements are.
So, what is your point in sh*t-talking Korea in every post about the country that you can find ? If you don't like the country, how about you keep it for yourself or create a political thread, and not troll on building threads.

I like the "how true your statements are" part, while your main contribution to this thread has been spamming people with a completely unrelated picture of the Eiffel Tower. You're really the undisputed authority on powerful yet complex statements regarding a country's economy...
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 04:08 PM   #6194
humptydumpty7

Before this thread becomes too much off-topic, here is another illustration of the steel diagrid structure currently under construction:

We are now at Floor 116

source: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0003366621

kimahrikku1, Zaz965, swatded liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #6195
inno4321

copyright to 대한민국응새 (pt42)http://pt42.blog.me/220480402547

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post

Well good point
Many korean looking forward to visiting Paris. And especially young woman wanted to show off take a photos with Effiel tower! Parisian same meaning something luxury,well educated,good maner person in korea
Meanwhile after visiting there as tourist some people(not all) disappointed some negative aspect of public safety and city clean/ inconvenient life style compare with seoul etc though.

Ironically About delicious paris's baguettes Seoul SPC company open baguette shop in Paris. They succeed in business and try to open second shop in paris soon.

I dislike paris baguette(파리바게트) brand name in seoul. BTW It is ridiculous things that Seoul company make "paris bagutte brand name business in seoul and moreover parisian waiting to buying bread in seoul company's shop in paris. Don't get me wrong I respect all citises in the world(included paris).
http://blog.naver.com/kimsuyeon113/220397349968

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertitoam View Post
I agree totally with what you say at first but i completely and utterly disagree with what you say after. Yes Paris is dirty like all cities but it isn't excessively dirty NYC is so much dirtier. You are right about the legal vendors but they only hang out around huge tourist attractions and police has been clamping down on it and it has been decreasing throughout the years. Thieves robbing tourists? HAHAHAHA!!!! ofcrs robberies happen from time to time but in broad daylight definitely not, the streets in Paris are always packed and the police is constantly patrolling around attractions, even more now with the terrorism threat. But all you said before is NOTHING compared to what you say at the end AHHAHAHAHAHAAH Syria??? come oooon even the worst districts like the 18eme or Pigalle are just rough again like every city and yes France has a lot of arab immigrants but seriously Iran and Syria????? you live in a weird world if that is the case XDDDD. i really hope you know you are exagerrating Source: I lived there

well
I really hate illegal vendor in seoul street. they seems like a mafia. criminal but you know "weak person" treat as nobility in korea.
btw TOKYO extremely clean.

Quote:
Nice tower!

I LIKE skyscraper and tree mixed design. skyscraper beautiful when it harmony with trees and green and forest.

Quote:

- Seoul 7017

well good explanation
Seoul's strong point is have a many mountain.
There are no cities in the world which can climbing and hiking inside city.Only seoul can do.
Also seoul is going to have almost two of third size with central park of NYC.
It is called yongsan minjock park
http://yoonhotkfkd.blog.me/220328651653

Quote:
Originally Posted by baiu001 View Post
Cant wait to see this beauty on my trip to Seoul this December

welcome. I highly recommend you to visiting ordinary seoulite residence area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post
green area rate of seoul is 30%. and grow up every year..

right. but seoul is need more green park.
Green park per citizens 4.53 ㎡ tokyo 5.14㎡, NYC 14.1 2㎡, PARIS 17.88㎡
BUT if included mountain then above seoul rate will be increased

And base on other standard this rate changed to Seoul have higher green park rate than tokyo/paris. I little bit confused about static data

Quote:

they are not koreans but foreigners who live in seoul.
no offensive mean recently I saw history channel's documentary about "trashopolis series" very interesting.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; October 12th, 2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old October 12th, 2015, 06:39 PM   #6196
Zaz965
Temer Out!

Likes (Received): 25995

Quote:

I am happy to see Seoul is really concerned about greenish areas
Old October 12th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #6197
Dave-in-Toronto

Likes (Received): 682

Thanks to humptydumpty and to inno, who both regularly provide construction photos.

I think we need to realize that for people living in the cities where there is a fascinating building like this one being erected, those people will feel proud of their cities and countries, and may be very sensitive to what they perceive as negative comments by other forumers - about either the city or the country. A negative comment about the building in question, though, should occasionally be expected, and I think should not be considered off-topic.

So let's try to stay on topic here and enjoy the last few months of this massive building (which I think is top-notch) as it closes in on the top.
Old October 12th, 2015, 10:57 PM   #6198
inno4321

copyright to 신진욱 (kal1207) http://kal1207.blog.me/220506039221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz965 View Post
I am happy to see Seoul is really concerned about greenish areas

that is point skyscraper must harmony with greenish
cause gray city is dull skyscraper is artificial TREE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-in-Toronto View Post
Thanks to humptydumpty and to inno, who both regularly provide construction photos.

I think we need to realize that for people living in the cities where there is a fascinating building like this one being erected, those people will feel proud of their cities and countries, and may be very sensitive to what they perceive as negative comments by other forumers - about either the city or the country. A negative comment about the building in question, though, should occasionally be expected, and I think should not be considered off-topic.

So let's try to stay on topic here and enjoy the last few months of this massive building (which I think is top-notch) as it closes in on the top.

I AGREED. We don;t need hate each other in ssc.
and I gladly accept negative comment about seoul.

Forget the LWT forget the hyundai HQ
All these tower look like a isolated toy when YONGSAN International business district RESUME!!http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/294254

NEWS
according to the government party congressman, KORAIL prepare Resume Yongsan project

자료에 “(공사는) 용산 부지의 소유권이 회복되면 즉시 신속하게 사업을 재개할 수 있도록 소송과 병행해 개발계획 등 토지활용방안을 마련한다”
==> "(KORAIL) Now prepare land develop plan as quickly as possible resume project when all property return to KORAIL" <==official KORAIL document which are give public to congressman's question about this project's plan.

Old October 13th, 2015, 06:06 PM   #6199
inno4321

copyright to 까만콩 (mak6118)http://blog.naver.com/mak6118/220507328249

lwt try to selling real estate. above rooms is one of them
3.3m2 per $ 900 thousands price.(compare with Busan city's haundae over 100fl triple is a per about $ 600 thousands)
SAM_6598 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

I receive free hambugura from lwt event
gift from lwt for me. about $7 usd set

Now days Seoul/korea very noisy about seoul mayor son's military conscript graded issue.
Seoul mayor son must attendance as witness in court at 20 November.
But official opposite court request order!

I update this issue cause seoul mayor is king of my city and Now I had been/have been very suffer under by his anti skyscraper policy. Tremendous precious seoul project disappear by his regime! So I asking Truth/Justice!!

copyright to 왕규민 https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...480&fref=photo

LED testing

Last edited by inno4321; October 13th, 2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old October 13th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #6200
inno4321

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/...1120429&page=5

7 month ago
15/03/24 뉴스데스크] 제2 롯데월드, 100층 돌파…직접 올라가 보니

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Zaz965, Equario liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; October 13th, 2015 at 09:32 PM.

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea