daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 1st, 2016, 04:41 AM   #7301
Zaz965
Temer Out!

Likes (Received): 26027

brass alloy tap?

djole13 liked this post
Zaz965 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2016, 05:12 AM   #7302
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

You'd think they go more modern and hygienic with motion sensor activated things, but it seems more like they went for a faux-traditional, nouveau-riche look. Not very tasteful.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 11:07 AM   #7303
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6999

I tend to agree... I've been to Avenuel quite a few times and I was there back last Wednesday, and the design is quite tacky (not limited to the restroom). It's done on purpose obviously, but you can't help but Wonder if this was the most appropriate creative direction for the decoration. This kind of design feels fairly Middle Easterner or indeed nouveau riche Chinese.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 11:52 AM   #7304
Sainton

Likes (Received): 119

This tower is surreal. It looks amazing
Sainton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 11:54 AM   #7305
potipoti
El de los aurones

Likes (Received): 13266

@nightscape_nick
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 12:06 PM   #7306
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12441

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Honestly, looks a bit cheapy. Why sink isn't stone as well?

If U donation some money then they would changed that to stone too

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; November 1st, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 01:18 PM   #7307
AP Design
BANNED

Likes (Received): 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Honestly, looks a bit cheapy. Why sink isn't stone as well?
A number of reasons. The cost of it being only one of them. Aside from the material cost, there's also a higher production cost (cutting from a large piece of stone takes more time, energy, and more expensive milling and polishing equipment), higher probability of defects occurrence. Plus, a white sink on a black stone looks a bit more stylish (if it's made with a good quality), and it's easier to spot in a public place, so you don't get confused when you're visiting this place for the first time. But most importantly, a smooth ceramic surface is the best choice for the hygienic reasons: it's not porous, hence it does not accumulate dirt. For this sake, sanitary ware is widely preferred in white - for the dirt to be easily noticeable, and effectively removed. You just wouldn't see it clearly on a black stone, especially when it's wet. Also, compared specifically to marble, ceramics does not get corroded by the alkaline properties of any soap.

inno4321, aquaticko, Kyll.Ing., Equario liked this post
AP Design no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 01:30 PM   #7308
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Design View Post
A number of reasons. The cost of it being only one of them. Aside from the material cost, there's also a higher production cost (cutting from a large piece of stone takes more time, energy, and more expensive milling and polishing equipment), higher probability of defects occurrence. Plus, a white sink on a black stone looks a bit more stylish (if it's made with a good quality), and it's easier to spot in a public place, so you don't get confused when you're visiting this place for the first time. But most importantly, a smooth ceramic surface is the best choice for the hygienic reasons: it's not porous, hence it does not accumulate dirt. For this sake, sanitary ware is widely preferred in white - for the dirt to be easily noticeable, and effectively removed. You just wouldn't see it clearly on a black stone, especially when it's wet. Also, compared specifically to marble, ceramics does not get corroded by the alkaline properties of any soap.

Captain is you. Yes professional comment.

Surprisingly above sink installation one private toilet seat whichmeans it is public toilet but very private rooms for excrement. e.g bidet,ettiqueet perfume,sink,mirrow etc

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; November 1st, 2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old November 1st, 2016, 01:58 PM   #7309
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

I really like the design of the tower, but I can't help but notice one tiny detail that bothers me a lot.
I can't be the only one who sees this little buckling of the tower right under the cross bracing at the upper floors. It seems like the slope of the tower is suddenly a little bit more vertical at that point.
Any explanation for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Lu9JWj]

20160916_142104 by kimahrikku1, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
SAM_2871 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

AP Design, Atlantropa liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 02:32 PM   #7310
inno4321

SAM_2336 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAM_2332 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

zoom in buckling
that is very annoying me
i don't know exactly why they design like that

but My guess that is "makeshift" for increase height of tower.
I know they increase Lotte tower's height one time from around 500m to 555m
Probabaly they get positive information from seoul city "allow more increase height"
So they make that awkward buckling and increase height more than original plan rather than redesign all tower's structure.

please Look carefully vertical outwall line. If built follow that line tower would be decreased height/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
I really like the design of the tower, but I can't help but notice one tiny detail that bothers me a lot.
I can't be the only one who sees this little buckling of the tower right under the cross bracing at the upper floors. It seems like the slope of the tower is suddenly a little bit more vertical at that point.
Any explanation for this?

AP Design, Assemblage23, Atlantropa liked this post
Old November 1st, 2016, 03:08 PM   #7311
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

aquaticko, AP Design, Atlantropa liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 04:05 PM   #7312
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

The only thing is that it seems like that's only noticeable through a fairly close-up perspective--one which can likely only be obtained through a camera lens. Unless people are trying to take close pictures of the top 1/4 or 1/3 of the tower specifically, it won't be apparent.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 04:35 PM   #7313
AP Design
BANNED

Now that it's been pointed out, it becomes noticeable from any angle, and any distance.
Old November 1st, 2016, 05:23 PM   #7314
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4512

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Design View Post
Now that it's been pointed out, it becomes noticeable from any angle, and any distance.
Sorry guys, I should've kept my mouth shut, but I needed to know if my eyes are just playing tricks on me or not. :/

Anyway, I don't understand the decision. First of all, the architect should make up his mind before building the structure! Second of all, a height increase of 50m is not worth ruining the aesthetics of the building.
I don't think it's really noticeable from the distance, but if you're looking up the building from a distance of 10-100m, it could be pretty apparent.
I also wonder why the tower's curve doesn't start from the base of the tower. Instead, it seems like the origin of the curve is at about 70m
Okay, I don't want to bash the tower, but I also don't like this weird balcony-like extension at the top of the tower. It's kinda misplaced and interrupts the geometry of the building.

AP Design, WhiteGerbera liked this post

Last edited by DubaiM; November 1st, 2016 at 05:28 PM.
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 05:25 PM   #7315
Saul Silver
Open mind

Likes (Received): 160

Spectacular piece of architecture. It looks like the Shard on steroids.
Saul Silver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 05:40 PM   #7316
AP Design
BANNED

The Shard has a radom-shaped floor plan. LWT has some aesthetic idea into it.

WhiteGerbera, inno4321 liked this post
Old November 1st, 2016, 06:50 PM   #7317
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Anyway, I don't understand the decision. First of all, the architect should make up his mind before building the structure! Second of all, a height increase of 50m is not worth ruining the aesthetics of the building.
Indeed, with that angle it could have made it up another 50 meters, only the top would be smaller. Now it almost has a bottle shape.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 07:39 PM   #7318
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6827

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

If U donation some money then they would changed that to stone too
It's not that expensive actually. We got some public toilets with solid granite tables here.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 12:16 PM   #7319
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

Apparently can see Songdo/Incheon from the top of LWT.
copyright and source: YMK http://cafe.naver.com/rainup/998293

Copyright and source:
parktaesung http://blog.naver.com/pts7043/220851021850

About the "buckling": As you see above the cladding consists of elements in different angles.
Especially the lower part is curvy and the upper part is a straight line to the top.

The first ~70 floors are a huge giant curve and the rest is a straight line.
If you do a huge zoom like in Inno's photos, the huge curve seems really short and more extreme than it actually is and the transition to the long, straight part of the cladding appears more extreme.

I don't really mind it, as it is just a visual effect that appears if you zoom in from below, but its not that visible with the naked eye.

This effect is also increased by the special shape of several sections of the building,
where the cladding of the lower floors is very curvy and round and the higher floor walls become almost flat and short:

So if you take a zoomed in photo not in a straight line but from the lower left part to the top right part of the tower,
then the twist and transition in angles (vertically and horizontically) becomes even more visible.

Anyway, they should have done maybe the curve in the lower part of the building more decent.
The from some angles the tower looks a bit too fat down there...

aquaticko, xXFallenXx, Fabouninou liked this post

Last edited by humptydumpty7; November 2nd, 2016 at 12:22 PM.
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2016, 04:04 PM   #7320
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
the design is quite tacky (not limited to the restroom). It's done on purpose obviously, but you can't help but Wonder if this was the most appropriate creative direction for the decoration. This kind of design feels fairly Middle Easterner or indeed nouveau riche Chinese.

tacky?
I'm not sure whether it is tacky or not
but one thing is sure that LWT's public toilet is one of expensive public toilet.

especially compare with paris's public toilet. In there I need pay for entrance fee. But LWT tacky public toilet is free even bidet in there.

jouses, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 2nd, 2016 at 04:12 PM.

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea