daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #801
Blizzy
Perfect Player

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Yeah based on history of construction one may draw conclusion that this is highly unlikely, but keep in mind that this is korean construction industry we talk about.
Erm... Exactly. How long are we waiting for the Busan tower? Where are the Incheon twins? What's with IBC? Hyundai? Hakang Tower? Suyong Bay? And now what - I'm supposed to believe that they will build world's fourth tallest tower in a year? That's a good one.

Highcliff liked this post
Blizzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #802
Blizzy
Perfect Player

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
Don't act like you know everything but actually you know nothing.
Empire state builing was finished in 1 year time ----- 102 Floors (381 M). How they did that?
I know how long it took, don't sweat. I also know, that you will not be able to find any other such example. My statement stands. I know how long it took to buyid 2IFC, USqPh7, Freedom Tower and other similar structures. I also know how fast the Chinese are buiding Shanghai Tower, and I find it extremely unlikey that anyone will even match their speed. Fortunately, all we have to do, is wait a year, to see that I was right. See you in 380 days

Blizzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #803
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

C'mon folks, calm down, there's no need to start using nasty words We don't know what construction techniques they gonna use so I think it is premature to speculate on construction speed. Once the above ground floors start rising we'll see approximately at what speed the tower will rise

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #804
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzy View Post
Erm... Exactly. How long are we waiting for the Busan tower? Where are the Incheon twins? What's with IBC? Hyundai? Hakang Tower? Suyong Bay? And now what - I'm supposed to believe that they will build world's fourth tallest tower in a year? That's a good one.
And what about Burj Khalifa or Taipei 101? Samsung also bidded for Kingdom Tower lately. The fact that they are not building towers in their country (well they do actually now - busan lotte town tower, this one and soon triple one) has nothing to do to the fact that there are most advanced contractor companies lacated in korea. The problem with towers in korea is more of the legal and political nature than their technological support.

Concrete structure in little more than a year? That honestly seems doubtfull even for me. I am just against bashing that information just because it hasn't been done before. Korean companies allready proved they are important players in construction field. Lets just wait and see if they'll stick to their promises.

And btw do we know what contractor is signed for this project? I somehow can't find that information anywhere.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #805
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Well, you know, Incheon towers, Seoul Lite, Hyundai car motor tower and Youngsan project and whatever you mentioned......all are different and nothing to do with Lotte world tower here.
Don't put them in same category. Just because they are projects in korea.(Actually, it is also nothing to with korean government.)
They all fall into different categories.

I mean they all NOT in the same league.
They all proposed by diffrent private companies and have faced different situations. They are unrelated to each other.

Let me give you a very easy example for you.
There are five persons(A, B, C, D, E) in Poland. They all are strangers. Something similar things happened to A, B, C and D by chance.
Then the same thing has to happen to person E? Just because E lives in Poland or based on the history of Poland?

You get my point?
Lotte contruction company is nothing to with SAMSUNG construction or any other projects in Korea.

Lotte construction company doesn't have a histoty of building supertall unlike SAMSUNG construction. Therefore this is really good chance to promote them and compete other korean construction companies.
They will do anything to show off for themselves, using many new technologies in this time. They are quite ambitious right now to become a world-class major construction player. They will not miss this goden opportunity.

So we don't know yet, NOTHING IS OVIOUS!

citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #806
citypia
future is today.

Also, Busan Lotte tower is slowing down on purpose.
Actually, Busan Lotte tower is a part of Busan Lotte town Project(on the 3rd stage of construction).
People here only focused on only the tower.
And prople ask " why didn't you start consturction?
Lotte said, WE ALREADY STARTED! Ha ha...funny!

People here split Busan Lotte town project part by part and consider nothing proceed.
Lotte has her own plan. They control construction speed for their profit.

Old December 16th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #807
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1027

Quote:
I have my doubts about the proposed speed, too, but those aren't the right examples for comparison. Most of these haven't/didn't even start construction; we're talking about the speed of construction once it starts going. And like others have said, there's no use in judging before we know. Stay neutral and poopoo it later if it doesn't meet expectations.

aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #808
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12430

Quote:
And what about Burj Khalifa or Taipei 101? Samsung also bidded for Kingdom Tower lately. The fact that they are not building towers in their country (well they do actually now - busan lotte town tower, this one and soon triple one) has nothing to do to the fact that there are most advanced contractor companies lacated in korea. The problem with towers in korea is more of the legal and political nature than their technological support.

Concrete structure in little more than a year? That honestly seems doubtfull even for me. I am just against bashing that information just because it hasn't been done before. Korean companies allready proved they are important players in construction field. Lets just wait and see if they'll stick to their promises.

And btw do we know what contractor is signed for this project? I somehow can't find that information anywhere.
you are erudite.

especially "The problem with towers in korea is more of the legal and political nature than their technological support." <--this comment with i'm 100% behind with you. great expalntion.

ironicaly korean people hate "construction business and skyscrapers". Due to political reason
(at the moment korea president came from president of construction company which hyundai. therefore korean dislike construction project) They called construction business as so called "토건족togunjok" means scorns to construction business.
korea construction company is great but korean used to disgraceful for their own company. what a stupid they are

Land owner is lotte.
finacial investor lotte
construction company lotte
So probably contractor also lotte.

by the way i little bit skeptical. because lotte construction have no experience to built supertall beside samsung. just my opinions

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; December 16th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #809
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:

According to CTBUH Building Face Sheet(I know what I saw from other source)

Lotte World tower

Owner The Lotte Group
Developer The Lotte Group(Lotte Shopping,Lotte Corporation)
Design Architect - Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
Associate Architect - Baum Architects, Engineers & Consultants(Tower Upper Part),서한종합건축사사무소(Basement Architectural Part)
Structural Engineer - Leslie E. Robertson Associates(LERA) , 창민우 구조엔지니어링(korean Associate Company),Thornton Tomasetti,ARUP,천일기술단
MEP Engineer - SYSKA Hennessy Group,나라기술단, 삼우설비(Samoo Engineering)
Fire Protect Engineer- 한방유비스,AON
Other Consultant RWDI
Material Supplier(Exterior Curtain Wall Worker) - ALT Cladding
CM(Construction Manager)- hanmi Global Inc,Lotte Construction CM Department(롯데건설 CM사업본부),서한종합건축사사무소(고층부 토목/건축 감리),대호이엔씨(저층부 토목/건축 감리)
Concrete Supplier - Hyundai Steel Tech Corporation(현대제철),미래건설,Asia Cement(아시아시멘트),and any other companies(i don't know)

korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #810
citypia
future is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
you are erudite.

ironicaly korean people hate "construction business and skyscrapers". Due to political reason
(at the moment korea president came from president of construction company which hyundai. therefore korean dislike construction project) They called construction business as so called "토건족togunjok" means scorns to construction business.
I think that you overgeneralized and simplified it.
There are many reasons against building supertalls in korea, not olny political reason. I mean, it is not that simple, really complicated actually.

These are the main reasons which comes to my mind firstly.
1. There are the height restriction(sky limitations) district by district to protect national treasures or UNESCO cultural heritages.
2. There are some aviation regulations for the safety or defense policies against north korea.
3. There are some traffic impact assessments.
4. Sun blocking(access to sunlight)
5. The destructions of environments
6. According to city plan
7. Most people wants to put money for better quality of life instead of building supertall to show off.
8. Unbalnced developments
And many more....

Lastly, some korean may not like the construction companies or current president but not every korean.
People are quite different and have lots of differnt opinons.
These days many people are not interested in politics, especially youngsters.
And some people doesn't consider that supertall is a symbol of development or achevements anymore.

Last edited by citypia; December 17th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #811
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
And people doesn't consider that supertall is a symbol of development or achevements anymore.
Oh amazing you guy citypia u much more clever than "dear patrykus"!!!!!

Because in my opinion "dear patrykus" exactly point out korea's problem which comment "The problem with towers in korea is more of the legal and political nature than their technological support."

What a clever man citypia!! Ok you don't need "skyscrapercity web site" anymore. Don't you move to suburban and read the books with cow what a amzing suburban life. Don't waste your precious time in this thread

"people doesn't consider that supertall is a symbol of developmentor achevements anymore" ==> "anymore"? what kind of "anymore"? Are you jesus? Are you the origin of "B.C" and "A.D?

So what about your opinion "skyscrapercity web site's dear member and dear moderator? Are they not "people"? Are they animal? Are you talked with "animal"?

Give me a break man. This is not your diary this is supertall lover website Would you get out from here

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; December 17th, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old December 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #812
citypia
future is today.

Quote:
Oh amazing you guy citypia u much more clever than "dear patrykus"!!!!!

Because in my opinion "dear patrykus" exactly point out korea's problem which comment "The problem with towers in korea is more of the legal and political nature than their technological support."

What a clever man citypia!! Ok you don't need "skyscrapercity web site" anymore. Don't you move to suburban and read the books with cow what a amzing suburban life. Don't waste your precious time in this thread

"people doesn't consider that supertall is a symbol of developmentor achevements anymore" ==> "anymore"? what kind of "anymore"? Are you jesus? Are you the origin of "B.C" and "A.D?

So what about your opinion "skyscrapercity web site's dear member and dear moderator? Are they not "people"? Are they animal? Are you talked with "animal"?

Give me a break man. This is not your diary this is supertall lover website Would you get out from here
Are you talking gibberish in your sleep?
You can make nothing of my words?
I was just elucidating why people, NOT ME, are against building supertalls in korea.

You know, I'm the member of SCC since 2002, almost 10 years by now.
So I know at least why I am here exactly.

People usually have various and different opinions.
If some people diagree with you or have different opinions, don't describe them stupid.
(I saw you mocked the current mayor of Seoul city here and there, calling him stupid and bring irrelevant political issues here on SCC.)

Actually, I didn't mean to offend you.
I'm sorry if you get offended.

Old December 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #813
inno4321

Quote:
If unproven, then it is obvious BULL SHIT.
Quote:
Actually, I didn't mean to offend you.
I'm sorry if you get offended.
You are welcome.

Would you uploaded new photos which like "lotte super tower", "Seoul IBD" for SSC members rather than whining.

Last edited by inno4321; December 17th, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #814
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

there are some really 자존심 강하고 무대뽀 정신 가진 사람들 here in this thread in this forum lol I do appreciate a couple Skyscrapers but I personally think it's really NOT that important. Not to be offensive but then how will you explain for example how China is viewed in thi world? Does building megatalls and towers in China explain or change people's current view on China?? Does 400-500m tall towers say "China is rich and technologically advanced and quality of life is AWESOME"? when still many of the population live in poverty or paid under wage and work in extreme conditions? HELL NO son

I love skyscrapers but they are NOT a sign of success or achievement at any costs and I live in NYC (probably the home of the most unique, well-designed towers in the world) so I know what I'm talking about. And people can disagree, you're NOT always right at time, you're not Jesus Christ, God, Allah, nor Buddha

HOOAH!!

Last edited by brianmoon85; December 17th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #815
citypia
future is today.

Quote:
You are welcome.

Would you uploaded new photos which like "lotte super tower", "Seoul IBD" for SSC members rather than whining.
Babe, I have contributed to many threads, especially city photos sections before you brought few pictures from DAUM cafe recently here.

I already have uploaded so many pictures so far.
You, newbie, just don't know.

I also saw your unnecessary Seoul thread which was almost filled with many renderings and somebody's U/C photos. Yes, I vividly remember you fought with Brianmoon. I already saw your true color there.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by citypia; December 17th, 2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #816
inno4321

http://blog.naver.com/lhkny96?Redire...No=90127695517

http://blog.naver.com/lhkny96?Redire...No=90128628012
7.November.2011

http://blog.naver.com/fmn19?Redirect...No=70124888230
?.?.2011

http://blog.naver.com/lhkny96?Redire...No=90127695517
Core work

Last edited by inno4321; December 17th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old December 17th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #817
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Oh my Libeskind, this is becoming a war zone

Old December 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #818
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1027

This is a KPF design, not Libeskind.

aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #819
Kanto
Roof height crusader

"Oh my Libeskind" is just a phrase like "what the Libeskind", "shut the Libeskind up" or "for Libeskind's sake"

Old December 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #820
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
This is a KPF design, not Libeskind.
right this tower is a KPF design.
I also looking forward to see KPF design in SEOUL IBD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Oh my Libeskind,
Frankly speaking I laughed for 1 minutes without breathe when i read above your comment.

Dude kanto i like your joke style!
Except your joke concern "the cloud". <=== I'm kidding.

In Libeskind we trust.

Last edited by inno4321; December 17th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea