daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1741
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7216

This one is very fast and I hope this year will start the glass installation.

Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1742
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Every time I see this building finally going up, I see the ugliness of political divisions in Korea. It took stinking 13 years of wasteful political fight to get this building started since this project was first conceived. We can see why only one or two building projects amongs many amazing Korean building projects may see the light. Pac1 is the typical case of falling victim to their political divisions. Well, look at their the national flag, it is so indicative. I believe Korea needs a new national flag if you Koreans have not realized yet. I would not be surprised if it will take light years to change the damn design of the Korean national flag or perhaps they may only fight over it forever. Sorry for being negative.

Zaz965 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1743
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1031

The South Korean flag is actually somewhat similar to the Joseon dynasty flag in layout, and almost identical to the Korean Empire flag.

I understand your frustration, but just think about how many people in this country are just old enough to remember authoritarian government. And then how many are old enough to remember the war. And then how many old enough to remember a united Korea and Japanese occupation. And then how many are only old enough to remember Korea as a capitalist democracy.

I think having such a conflicted society is a reflection of the fact that as a country, Korea has only ever been one way for a certain stretch of time. It seems only natural to worry about the long-term when it must seem like the possibilities for Korean society are endless, for better and worse.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:53 PM   #1744
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12547

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
Every time I see this building finally going up, I see the ugliness of political divisions in Korea. It took stinking 13 years of wasteful political fight to get this building started since this project was first conceived. We can see why only one or two building projects amongs many amazing Korean building projects may see the light. Pac1 is the typical case of falling victim to their political divisions. Well, look at their the national flag, it is so indicative. I believe Korea needs a new national flag if you Koreans have not realized yet. I would not be surprised if it will take light years to change the damn design of the Korean national flag or perhaps they may only fight over it forever. Sorry for being negative.

You say truth.

Not only Pac1 but also YONGSAN IBD, HYUNDAI GBC, SEOULLITE are the typical case of falling victim to their political divisions.

SEOULLITE can to built 100floors but seoul moneky parkwonsun mayor cut the proposal and last cancelled
HYUNDAI & KIA push up GBC550m tower but seoul moneky parkwonsun mayor prohibited skyscraper and last cancelled
YONGSAN IBD block by seoul moneky parkwonsun mayor

I can not express whole my rage against parkwonsun mayor

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

krkseg1ops, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #1745
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
The South Korean flag is actually somewhat similar to the Joseon dynasty flag in layout, and almost identical to the Korean Empire flag.

I understand your frustration, but just think about how many people in this country are just old enough to remember authoritarian government. And then how many are old enough to remember the war. And then how many old enough to remember a united Korea and Japanese occupation. And then how many are only old enough to remember Korea as a capitalist democracy.

I think having such a conflicted society is a reflection of the fact that as a country, Korea has only ever been one way for a certain stretch of time. It seems only natural to worry about the long-term when it must seem like the possibilities for Korean society are endless, for better and worse.
The center circle of the Korean flag is divided into the red North and the blue South as if someone from the Joseon dynasty must correctly predicted what the future of Korea would be looking like today then, divided within, divided by the 38 pararell line. You may ask what the flag has to do with anything but the national flag symbolizes the character of Korea. Koreans must work together to change the destiny of their future, rather fighting each other forever in their petty differences within. Because in the end, there is no one else to blame but yourselves when your Korean pride is hurt. The Korean national flag is the start of that change.

Zaz965 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1746
BOM
Alive

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
The center circle of the Korean flag is divided into the red North and the blue South as if someone from the Joseon dynasty must correctly predicted what the future of Korea would be looking like today then, divided within, divided by the 38 pararell line. You may ask what the flag has to do with anything but the national flag symbolizes the character of Korea. Koreans must work together to change the destiny of their future, rather fighting each other forever in their petty differences within. Because in the end, there is no one else to blame but yourselves when your Korean pride is hurt. The Korean national flag is the start of that change.
By that logic, the USA should change it's flag as well...

Nevertheless, I do think it is interesting how Koreans supertalls often tell their own stories regarding the political climate in the country.

c;

Last edited by BOM; February 4th, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
BOM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #1747
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 521

Quote:
I definitely think you're reading too much into the flag. I haven't met one Korean who is opposed nor offended by it.

Anyways, can we get this back on topic? Does it appear that the steel work is increasing in speed?
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1748
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post

Anyways, can we get this back on topic? Does it appear that the steel work is increasing in speed?
Actually original plan is 15% ratio progress however little bit delayed as 9.7%.

Also today crack phenomeom report in surrounded Mega Column at 11 spot(5.8.9 floors)

However crack is normal phenomenom accordding to the Lotte Inc,.

so construction still ongoing. Meanwhile Seoul goverment consider "safety inspection".

http://joongang.joinsmsn.com/article...rticle|default

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #1749
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7216

Is this phenomenon does not affect the stability of the building...?
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1750
NotThatGuy

Likes (Received): 149

Would be interesting to know if the cracks are located in the lower part of the columns, where they're already interlaced by the floors steel structure, or in the upper part, where they're still standing free......
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #1751
clarky
My Pony

Likes (Received): 587

I really like the design of this tower,construction coming along nice!
clarky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #1752
b5254

Likes (Received): 52

Those cracks are horrible. I wouldn't dare to go up in that building.
b5254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1753
NotThatGuy

Likes (Received): 149

Any update about the cracks?
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #1754
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGuy View Post
Any update about the cracks?

http://www.newspim.com/view.jsp?newsId=20130205000962

http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRea...03&OutLnkChk=Y

lotte dig core sample which 5cm wide 11cm long size.

crack was stop before deep inside concrete so.
In result, "No problem safety in building."
Crack was due to welding with iron panel

Today inspection participae with 한미(hanmi) supervisory company, Mr park hong gun of seoul unversity, lotte thecnical engineer.

Tandax, Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #1755
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

A crack in the concrete? I wonder what the EU Chamber of Commerce would say about this one...
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #1756
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5311

Wow, I came here expecting this to be about 50 or so meters up. Great to see it growing so tall.

Zaz965 liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:33 AM   #1757
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

Glad to hear that the cracks were just on the surface.

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #1758
Tandax

Likes (Received): 451

Thanks for the translation inno4321. Was worried with the sight of those cracks but all seems ok with the tests.

inno4321 liked this post
Tandax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #1759
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 162

I haven't checked this thread for a long time and so I'm kind of surprised it didn't grow much
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #1760
inno4321

http://news1.kr/articles/1000109

http://cafe.naver.com/globaldemocracy/12260
above photos's copyright belong to 안성호

-Crack is finded total 11 spot from 5 to 9floors of culums(not main core)

-Crack due to when welding with iron panel's heat effected to concrete(not from concrete but from outside heat)

-Accordding to the Lotte's self inspection, crack is unable to influence to building's safety.

-Beside Lotte's self inspection, Seoul goverment to prepare "detail safety inspection" with ARCHITECTURE institue of korea.

-However construction continue.

-at the moment constructiion finished in 9.7% progress.

Henrich37, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; February 7th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea