daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #61
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

Is there a way you can post more pix of the new line 2 including stations.

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #62
SeñorGuillermo
A&A

Likes (Received): 48

Yes, I will post them as soon as I take some new pics of the line.
SeñorGuillermo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:06 AM   #63
XCRunner

Likes (Received): 0

Wow, very extensive system. I wish Chicago would take it's mass transit system more seriously... this one looks great.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #64
SkyLerm
Architranceture Feelings

Likes (Received): 28

It looks great, and seems to be improving as long as time goes by, new pneumatic trains

Cuchiville
SkyLerm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #65
micro

Likes (Received): 106

They are using a very cool typeface for all the signage. Do you know the name of the font and who designed it?

Last edited by micro; May 25th, 2007 at 02:25 AM.
micro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #66
bep!

Likes (Received): 2

Good subway
And its social function even better
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #67
gugasounds

Likes (Received): 88

Mexico City Metro-Metrobús

The famous mexico city orange metro:

Metrobús:

Old July 7th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #68
Tom 958

Likes (Received): 163

It's amazing that they left that tree in the center barrier. I wonder if it'll survive...
Tom 958 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 01:56 AM   #69
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

i love that metrobus

maybe the roots will affect the road underneath?
DJZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 07:30 AM   #70
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

OK, I get it. The title should probably read Metro & Metrobus, not Metro-Metrobus.

Thanks for sharing. Do all Metrobus run on dedicated right-of-way? Some people don't like those type of systems but I think they are a great way to supplement a metro network since there isn't always money for more metro lines and those dedicated bus lines don't share the road with cars, except at intersections, unless they supplement them with the occasional underpass or overpass.

Is there a difference between the white-orange, new-looking metro and the orange ones? I've only seen the solid orange-colored ones before.
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #71
gugasounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubejar View Post
OK, I get it. The title should probably read Metro & Metrobus, not Metro-Metrobus.

Thanks for sharing. Do all Metrobus run on dedicated right-of-way? Some people don't like those type of systems but I think they are a great way to supplement a metro network since there isn't always money for more metro lines and those dedicated bus lines don't share the road with cars, except at intersections, unless they supplement them with the occasional underpass or overpass.

Is there a difference between the white-orange, new-looking metro and the orange ones? I've only seen the solid orange-colored ones before.
Yeah well, the whit and orange are the new metro cars that are now operating at line 2, the plan is to slowly add these new cars by 2006-2010.
The old orange ones will be phased out.
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #72
Erzei

Quote:

1.- Yes, the Metrobus have dedicated lanes. And yes, the current government of the city have plans of build at least two lanes of Metrobus(BRT) each year.

The main problem is that the BRT is not enough, due to the size of the city and the demand on rush hours. Yes, the system is efficient and fast. But it gets easilly over-crowded, and the life of the system has an expectation of at max 10-15 years. And here is the center of the problem. Because, the government plans to build more BRT lines in routes instead of the metro. Also, there are not enough resources to build or expand the metro lines, due to many factors. Probably, the Metrobus will be replaced with the light train due to the increasing demand. And that will cost...

2.- There are no difference between the two models. But, currently the Line 2 is the olny with these "new" models.
Erzei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #73
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

I noticed all the pics here that metro stations don't have benches on which to sit. I noticed it because two different pics each show a person sitting on the floor and I had never seen this in a metro station. Luckily, the floor looks impeccably clean (which ironically isn't the case in some U.S. and European cities). Do they want to discourage homeless people from laying on the benches?
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:28 AM   #74
Erzei

Quote:
I noticed all the pics here that metro stations don't have benches on which to sit. I noticed it because two different pics each show a person sitting on the floor and I had never seen this in a metro station. Luckily, the floor looks impeccably clean (which ironically isn't the case in some U.S. and European cities). Do they want to discourage homeless people from laying on the benches?
That's right. I know the major part of the lines, and except of a few stations of the Line 2, wich have metallic seats, there are not benches inside. The reason, i believe, is to get more space, specially in rush hours, when you fell that you are swimming in a ocean of people. And the mayor part of the homeless are outside of the stations, where you can see anything

Map of the Metro system:

Map of the Lines A and B of the Metrobus:

The Line A Starts from Indios Verdes to Dr. Galvez station. This is the first section inaugured.

The Line B goes from Dr. Galvez to El Caminero. This extension was inaugured in march of this year.

Last edited by Erzei; July 9th, 2008 at 09:23 AM.
Erzei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #75
Nouvellecosse
~ Mysterious Entity ~

Likes (Received): 313

Looks like a very interesting system. I'd love to see more pics and information!
Nouvellecosse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #76
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

when i see this metrobus map i noticed there are lots of bus stops along line...
and they look too close for something that should be replacement for metro...
can anyone tell me what is approximately distance between stops?
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #77
gugasounds

No, metrobús is not a replacement for metro it is just a system that is designed to complement the metro system.
The distance between the sotps is about 150-200 meters.
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #78
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugasounds View Post
No, metrobús is not a replacement for metro it is just a system that is designed to complement the metro system.
The distance between the sotps is about 150-200 meters.
hm... with that distance, how can those buses develop some speed... and does they make trip any faster, than lets say usual cars along road?
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #79
MetroMEX
viajes, transportes y +

Likes (Received): 92

Let me help gugasounds on the answer. The average distance between stops on the Metrobús is about 400-500m. In some cases such separation goes up to 1km., and even 1.5 km in the University City area (C.U. station). The maximum operating speed on buses is 60km/h, but considering that the route operates on Insurgentes Ave., and crosses several streets, the average commercial speed on this route is about 20km/h. Due to the configuration of the avenue it is not possible to stablish express routes, such as Bogota's Transmilenio.

As an historic fact, line 10 of the Metro is (or was) supposed to go under this avenue, covering practically the same route. And despite that this system is conceived as a complementary service to the metro, both systems are not integrated; you have to buy a separate prepaid card to use this system.
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #80
atsdarkpuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzei View Post
That's right. I know the major part of the lines, and except of a few stations of the Line 2, wich have metallic seats, there are not benches inside. The reason, i believe, is to get more space, specially in rush hours, when you fell that you are swimming in a ocean of people. And the mayor part of the homeless are outside of the stations, where you can see anything
I was told that when the lines 2 and 3 were built there were seats in many stations, but were taken away years after, during many years the only station that had seats was Ermita and the line A stations that have some platforms that are used as seats. Since 2006 there are seats from Viaducto to General Anaya in line 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugasounds View Post
Yeah well, the white and orange are the new metro cars that are now operating at line 2, the plan is to slowly add these new cars by 2006-2010.
The old orange ones will be phased out.
The new cars NM-02 were completely inserted at line 2 in 2006 and since that year the service improved dramatically, during many years the service used to "colapse" due to excessive people at rush hour, also frequently there were stations where the policemen used to stop the entrance when the platforms were at full. Actually the service is designed for a transit time from Tasqueña to Cuatro Caminos (aprox 21 km) in 35 minutes. That was the time of trip that the line was originally designed for, but during many years the transit time increased as it happens now a days in many other lines.

Quote:
Yes, the rules in Mexico City Metro are very relax in comparison with many other Metro systems, you can eat and drink in trains and stations, there are fast food stores and you can buy your meal and continue with your trip while eatting. You can run if you are in a hurry and no one says you a word. You can seat in the stations and trains and even when it is technically prohibited, rarely an officer will advice you to stand up, it is more probably that if you are interfering with transit, the other users told you and even attack you verbally.

Many people is concerned about kipping their garbash and throwing it out in its place, and many avoid seating down when they interfere with people's transit. I think the major problem are the informal sellers at the trains and stations.

Próximamente:
Proyecto de tarjeta múltiple y esquema de tarifas de transporte masivo y ecológico.

Próximamente: urbano.tlatoanix.com
atsdarkpuma no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mexico city