daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 24th, 2011, 04:44 AM   #2121
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1018

Angsana2 - Plaza Angsana Extension

popular among singaporean.....

Uda to invest RM200m in mall project
By ZAZALI MUSA
zaza@thestar.com.my

JOHOR BARU: Uda Holdings Bhd will invest between RM200mil and RM250mil to develop Angsana II commercial project, adjacent to its existing Plaza Angsana shopping complex here.

Chairman Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed said the project was in planning stage and construction was slated to begin by year-end.

“We are looking at a joint-venture basis and will be inviting interested parties to submit their proposals,'' he told StarBiz on Monday after witnessing the signing of service agreement between Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM) and United Malayan Land Bhd's wholly-owned subsidiary Seri Alam Properties Sdn Bhd.

He said Uda was looking at developing the project on a joint-venture basis with land owners.

The proposed Angsana II commercial project will be the first shopping complex which incorporates a street-mall concept in Johor Baru.

On the Johor Baru city transformation, Uda had been “informally invited” to participate in the project, said Nur Jazlan, adding that the company was keen on it.

On another development, he said Uda had shortlisted 10 out of 14 local and foreign companies which had submitted their proposals to redevelop the former site of Pudu jail into an integrated property development project on a joint-venture basis.

“They are going to present their proposals before the board of directors this month, “ Nur Jazlan said, adding that names of the winners would be announced by the end of March.
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 24th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #2122
ideal jb

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
its not a local thing u know
US and aussie 2nd 3rd tier cities ll faces the same problem too,even worst,their suburbia are really low density and no mix usage of land
US hv quite a no. of well developed cities, same goes to Aus. and they’re respectable! But in M’sia its always KL and KL! Federal Gov. “live” there so they know shits about true potential of other places. It is only couple of years back then they realised.. However even now for JB, its been all talk and no real action, what are they waiting for? Do you think the amt of developments are at saturation point?

Quote:
so we all could drop the i am smart,gov is stupid, i think this is kid talk,u know,the onces who don't get high gred,but instead of blaming himself,he blame the teacher,school,ministry an education system for his inability to get higher marks
When you watch S’pore channel from young till adult, their parliament, news, etc. for over 30yrs and some even longer and then reflecting it against on our JB environment… one thing automatically spring to mind, S’pore = upgraded, JB = degradation. Current gov. is truly stupid but not the one making decisions as con man rarely is stupid with its evil agenda.

Quote:
u both have the right to be skeptical,but like i said,rather than calling anyone as idiot and whine all the time,might be better to contribute something
On contribution, the taxes we pay is everything! We feed them for all nonsense they’ve given us, with real money alright not counterfeits and when you pay for goods you expect highest quality, did we receive in kind? Answer is no, but the country BN brought us needed more and more manpower and where does their pay comes from? Last year I went to a gov. valuation department… came to know a Malay who just gotten his diploma, barely a year there and he said his paid rm3200 a mth! This is more than the usual bloke with degree starting outside and it made me curious these public servants are getting.

Quote:
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/el..._suburbia.html

maybe u n vince can start a movement, and did what they did,
there are other inspirational talk there,bout normal people like u n me,
did something for their cities n communities
True you can choose to see all things nice and rosy but that don’t solve anything! I need not form any association, campaign or movement neither do Vince and others. Just by word of mouth, we’ll find and get more like-minded people here and elsewhere. Didn’t you said b4 that we need a change of mentality… I think this is a fine way and not some kids talk!

Just yesterday Chingay night in JB, I was disappointed with my own race… rubbish can be seen everywhere and some vehicles on pavements and I wonder when we can think like the Japanese… as they’re allow to consume food on train and know where to discard the rest. They love their environment, but over here our own invites bad habits. Overall I blame the gov. for the place and failure to cultivate the ppl well.

But before the Chingay, I was telling a Christain friend how I hate religion but am fond of cathedral but don‘t see them here. He laughed and said that no prayer building is allowed to be taller than the mosque nearest to it, premises before this ruling is ok! So I say, if this disaster-free country is without many oppressions and restrictions, we would’ve been easily flooded with investments long time ago! Well, isn’t our BN stupid and continuing to be? Hv you forgotten about the foreign cars / petrol station saga, the ever changing and confusing decisions on price, radius and whatever.. BN is messy and this goes on because you always try to defend it, defend those with poor grades… how lenient when this a country we’re talking about!

Last edited by ideal jb; February 24th, 2011 at 09:07 AM.
ideal jb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #2123
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
dear mr.mTAUFIQz, allowed me to post dis
anyway is dis project confirm???any in4??
from Kaz Architect.
proposal for commercial office johor

Check here >>> http://www.medini.com.my/maps/north_proposed

nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #2124
jb2020
jb2020

Likes (Received): 47

KSL City update 25 feb 2011

jb2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #2125
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 277

'gambar dalam?

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:22 AM   #2126
jb2020
jb2020

For me this shopping complex is juz only like a modern version of holiday plaza...

Quote:
Originally Posted by World 2 World View Post
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:13 AM   #2127
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

big project from UMLand soon
Quote:
In the pipeline, the group intends to further expand its niche division with upcoming projects which includes a commercial development within the Johor Bahru CBD in the vicinity of CIQ Complex. The group expects to maintain its performance this financial year amid a stable outlook for the property sector.
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #2128
XNeo

Likes (Received): 134

Ikea tak nak buka kat sini ke.

(and Penang as well).
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #2129
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNeo View Post
Ikea tak nak buka kat sini ke.

(and Penang as well).
Ikea sebelah Aeon tebrau
Old March 10th, 2011, 03:17 AM   #2130
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Johor has positive outlook, says Frank Knight
By Siti Sakinah Abdul Latif of theedgeproperty.com
Wednesday, 09 March 2011 17:35

JOHOR BAHRU: The property sector outlook in Johor Bahru is expected to be positive as the market has maintained its growth momentum in the second half of 2010, said property consultant Knight Frank Malaysia in its research report on Malaysia's 2H2010 Real Estate Highlights.

Notable growth was particularly experienced by the mid-high to high end residential properties.

The positive sentiment, it said, takes into consideration the advanced stages of completion for major infrastructure works in Johor Bahru, as well as the co-operation forged by the Malaysian and Singaporean governments.

Major projects in Iskandar Malaysia coming on stream in 2012 and the investment prospects enhanced by the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) also contributed to the overall positive outlook.

Among the indications for a positive market outlook include Bandar Raya Developments Bhd taking over from Limitless Holdings Pte Ltd in the partnership with UEM Land (60:40) to develop the 111-acre land identified as Residential North, Puteri Harbour in Nusajaya, with an expected gross development value (GDV) of about RM2.3 billion.

Also noted was Dijaya Corp Bhd's partnership with Iskandar Water Front Sdn Bhd to form Goldhill Quest Sdn Bhd for the development of a 14.8-hectare site in Danga Bay, Johor Bahru with a GDV of about RM3.8 billion.

Also in September 2010, Iskandar Investment Bhd and Bina Puri Holdings Bhd sealed a joint venture agreement to develop Medini Square in Nusajaya, a commercial development consisting of retail, shop offices, SOHO units and an office tower. The proposed development is expected to generate RM500 million of GDV.

"The Iskandar Regional Development Authority and State Economic Planning Unit is conducting studies on the transformation of Johor Bahru city centre into a vibrant city and expected to released the results of the studies by early 2011," it said, adding that under the 10th Malaysia Plan, some RM1.8 billion will be spent for this purpose.

WCT Bhd is also taking part in the development of a 10.3-acre site in the Medini Business District, Nusajaya. The RM688 million project will include a media village and film and television production facility.

The report added that as of September 2010, Iskandar Malaysia has attracted investments of approximately RM64.38 billion, exceeding the RM47 billion target for 2010.

"More Singapore investors are expected following the joint statement by Singapore's and Malaysia's Prime Ministers in May to establish a close relationship in the development of Iskandar Malaysia Studies are also being carried out to develop a Rapid Transit System (RTS) between Singapore and Iskandar Malaysia," it said.

Under Budget 2011, RM339 million was allocated for the infrastructure support of the economic regions of Iskandar Malaysia.

Meanwhile, outside Iskandar Malaysia, S P Setia Bhd has acquired a 259-acre land for the development of Taman Setia Indah in Johor Bahru. The proposed development is expected to have a GDV of RM1.5 billion.

Knight Frank said mid-high to high-end residential properties is a growing sector in Johor Bahru. Among new developments are Nusa Sentral by Country View Bhd located along Jalan Gelang Patah, Nusajaya. The development offers 312 units of terraced homes, with built-up areas from 2,100 sq ft to 2,300 sq ft. The prices range from RM338,000 to RM380,000 per unit.

Another residential development is The Z, Indah Villa by S P Setia, located within the ongoing Taman Setia Indah offering 22 units of semi-detached houses for sale. The built-ups range from 3,795 sq ft to 4,212 sq ft with prices ranging from RM1,288,800 to RM1,408,800.

However, the commercial property market with the exception of shop offices, remained subdued

The supply of Johor Bahru's purpose-built office space remains unchanged, with the total net lettable area (NLA) of purpose-built office space in Johor Bahru as at Q3 2010 at 8,194,542 sq ft. The overall average occupancy rate is in the region of 75%.

Knight Frank said in its report that the prime central business district (CBD) office space is let at a gross rental range of RM2.50 to RM3.00 psf per month whilst offices at secondary locations are leasing below RM1.50 psf per month.

On retail property, Knight Frank said that as of 3Q, the NLA of retail space in Johor Bahru is estimated at 10,921,012 sq ft. The overall average occupancy rate is 71.0%. Prime centres have all recorded occupancy rates in excess of 80%. Prime gross rents range from RM15 to RM40 psf per month.

The report added that new proposed retail developments in Johor include a lifestyle mall by Iskandar Investment Bhd located at the western development zone of Medini North, Nusajaya with a gross retail space of one million sq ft which is expected to be completed by 2012.

There will also be the redevelopment of the KOMTAR shopping mall in Johor Bahru CBD by Johor Corporation, with a gross lettable area of about 383,000 sq ft. The mall is scheduled to be completed by 2012.
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #2131
evar

Likes (Received): 0

http://thailand-business-news.com/co...re-in-thailand

Quote:
In addition to Thailand, Ikea plans to open its second store in Kuala Lumpur within the next two years, while the third store will be opened at Johor Bahru, Malaysia’s secondlargest city, within the next three to four years.
evar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #2132
jb2020
jb2020

[QUOTE=rizalhakim;72214511]2 new projects - Nusajaya JB

Imperia Puteri Harbour Nusajaya
another cool project
for rendering click http://www.mediafire.com/?696pae6vadtu8m6

Juz went to puteri harbour last thursday. unfortunately i didn't brought my camera. there is 2 tower crane at the site near puteri harbour ,maybe for the imperia condo project. but base on the project description board, the site is only for recreation centre and no higrise tower project being stated in the board. as for ujana condo, the progress is very good, maybe at level 14 to 16 right now.

[QUOTE=LoveArki;62750439]

New recreation Centre @ Puteri Harbour:

View from Location 1:

View from Location 2:

Last edited by jb2020; March 14th, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old March 14th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #2133
fainonline
Komuniti Bakar Batu, JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2020 View Post
nothing much happen at the site. only empty land, from what i see last month ar. but the site is near the u/c eastern dispersal link (edl) highway and new government housing flat which replace the "setinggan" housing that have been demolished for the edl project.

My Family generations have been living here @ "Kg.Bakar Batu/ Tok Siak/Setanggi for years. Not everyone who live there is setinggan..

You're right the govt build the flats to move all the setinggan from others area, from what i heard only 1 or 2 blk are reserves for setinggan. Just like some Setinggan from Kampung Tok Siak/ Setanggi are now at Bayu Puteri & Bukit Cagar/Lumba kuda now@ Stulang Baru Flats. Never thought this will happen one day, that SouthKEY, Army Camp & that new flats used to be my playground

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kampung_Bakar_Batu
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=429074345367
fainonline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #2134
ashraf abdullah
BANNED

hope this puteri harbour will look like dubai marina for at least.
ashraf abdullah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #2135
aim11086

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashraf abdullah View Post
hope this puteri harbour will look like dubai marina for at least.
yeah...for at least. i hope so...
aim11086 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:08 AM   #2136
buildship
BANNED

can suggest build the nuclear reactor here as...

Johorian have strong support to federal government decision
anything happen can drag singapore together...
JB is geographically located at the central of Malaysia (west + east malaysia)
buildship no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #2137
aim11086

Likes (Received): 3

ha3!! I don think so.
gov will not build it in urban area for sure since 20km radius will be clear from all development project...
n by the way, there are few spots already choose by gov to build this nuclear power plant.
hehe
aim11086 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #2138
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 277

most probably in batu pahat as there are some inhabited area along the cost

nyway nuclear power plant are still cost effective n environmental friendly,..so hope they bulid cold power plant near buildship house in png

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #2139
buildship
BANNED

Quote:

nyway nuclear power plant are still cost effective n environmental friendly,..so hope they bulid cold power plant near buildship house in png
penang is safe. Penang CM and people all rejected nuclear power plant....the only possible place are those BN stronghold states
buildship no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #2140
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 513

Quote:

Environmentally friendly? Are you high on something and what are you smoking? lol.....People still do not know how to deal with the nuclear waste. Nuclear waste is generated by the tonnes and would take centuries to lose its radioactivity. They are put in metal barrels which are stored in concrete lined storage areas which are then burried. These barrels would rust and leakage can occur over time, with contaminants contaminating our soil, water supply etc. Developed countries spend billions of dollars just to store the wastes and maintain the storage sites. Having nuclear power is like the current generation of people spending themselves into huge debts and hope that their next of kin would help them clear them. Daengjal, if you really want a nuclear power station, please have it built in your neighbourhood, and maybe the nuclear wastes can be stored at your backyard. I am totally against the idea, and Malaysia CERTAINLY does not need a nuclear power plant.

This is especially so for a country where the government gets lousy contractors to build a huge courthouse that leaks and a stadium that collapses......
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
johor bahru