daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 06:02 AM   #141
davidlow7

Likes (Received): 0

As far as I know, KL taxis though are not cheap but actually they are still better than those places like Melaka, Penang and Johor.

I heard Penang and Johor has been mentioned but it seems like people have forgotten Melaka as well. A simple taxi for a 4-5km route charges RM15 minimum.

Back in 2004...I had an experience where from MMU Melaka -> KL Sentral.. they charged RM15, it was abit expensive back then but what made it worst was, I asked the taxi made a 300m extra trip to fetch my friend from his apartment. The taxi said he would need to charge extra RM15 for that.

More over, the cab was without AIR-COND as well.

We need to ensure what the government proposed on the cabbies must be carried out nationwide. All cabbies in Malaysia must adhere to the regulations and not only certain states.
davidlow7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:04 AM   #142
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1022

Cabbies charge ‘goodwill fees’
By M. BAVANI

KUALA LUMPUR: Cabbies here are imposing a 30% extra charge although their meters have not been calibrated for the new fares.

Calling it a “goodwill” fee, taximen said they should not be penalised and not be allowed to charge new fees just because meter calibration centres were not able to handle the influx of taxis needing to adjust their meters.

There are 30,000 taxis in the Klang Valley and there are only six calibration centres.

The Commercial Vehicles Licensing Board requires taxis to recalibrate their meters before they can charge new rates.

Ready for calibration: Taxis waiting for their turn to get the meters adjusted at one of the calibration centres at Jln Cochrane, KL. Many taximen have postponed the task due to long waiting time at the centres. Picture courtesy of reader Chong Mei San.

Checks yesterday showed that there were long queues at the calibration centres at Jalan Cochrane and Jalan Ipoh here, as well as at Jalan Glenmarie in Shah Alam.

Some taxis came as early as 8am but there were already long lines of taxis.

Many decided to postpone the task.

Meanwhile, the problem of taxi drivers refusing the use the meter still persisted despite the fare increase.

There were also taxi drivers who only wanted to serve customers going to where they were willing to go, turning away those whose destination did not suit their liking.

The new flagfall charge for taxis was RM3, up from RM2 previously with passengers charged 10 sen for every subsequent 115m.

For cabs caught in a traffic jam, the fare is RM3 for the first three minutes and 10 sen for every subsequent 21 seconds.
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:05 AM   #143
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Some cabbies asking for goodwill fee
By BAVANI M.

TAXI drivers in the Klang Valley who have yet to recalibrate their meters to accommodate the new fare system are asking passengers to pay the extra 30%. Calling it a “goodwill” fee, the taxi drivers claim that since the new rates have already come into effect, passengers should just close one eye and pay.

“It is not my fault that every time I go to the centre in Jalan Ipoh to recalibrate the meter, the queue is miles long.’’ said taxi driver Paul Lee.

“I just tell my custommers that I have yet to recalibrate my meter but that the fare is actually 30% more and can they please pay me an extra RM2 or RM3. Most of them have been understanding and have no problem paying extra,” Lee said.

Taxi driver Rahim Kechik, who also went to the centre in Taman Mastiara in Jalan Ipoh on Saturday, said that thousands of taxis were already lined up since 8am and that he could not afford to wait so long as there was a shortage of taxis in the city that day.

“I felt that I might as well earn some money ferrying people instead of just wasting my time,’’ the 55-year-old said. Rahim, however, said he would not charge the new rates as this would be illegal.

Thousands of taxis in the Klang Valley do not have calibrated meters yet and a check by StarMetro during the weekend found long queues at all the centres offering meter calibration services.

Taxi driver Ali said he went to a centre in Jalan Cochrane at 1am on Saturday and was shocked to find a long queue.

“It was just too long so I left. But I heard from a friend that drivers were still queuing up until 10am the next morning,’’ he said.

Commercial Vehicles Licensing Board (CVLB) director Datin Naimah Ramli said that it would be illegal for taxis to charge new rates if their meters still show the old fare.

“This would also confuse passengers,’’ she added.

Naimah said that drivers must also issue receipts.

As for the taxi drivers not using the meters, Naimah said that enforcement officers had been despatched to various hot spots in the city to evaluate the situation.

The Government had recently raised taxi fares. The price increase took effect on Saturday. The new surcharge for taxis will be RM3, up from RM2, while passengers will be charged 10 sen for every subsequent 115m, instead of 150m previously.

For taxis caught in a traffic jam, the fare is RM3 for the first three minutes and 10 sen for every subsequent 21 seconds, instead of 45 seconds previously.

Taxi drivers are also unhappy over the high fee of RM70 fee to calibrate their meters and hope the amount would be reduced.

Klang Valley Taxi Owners Association president Abdul Jalil Maarof said that drivers must adhere to the rules and regulations.

“If they have not calibrated their meters, then they must use the old rates,” he said.

Abdul Jalil said he was aware that the centres offering calibration services were packed to the brim but that the situation could not be helped.

“They operate on a first-come, first-served basis.

“As for the fee, we can’t do anything as the outlets calibrating the meters claim that the suppliers are charging the fee,’’ he said.

Sunlight Radio Taxi Service Sdn Bhd executive director Choi Wei Yee, however, said that taxi drivers should not be penalised for charging the new rates despite not calibrating their meters.

“They have waited a long time for this and perhaps the authorities can be be a little lenient,’’ said Choi.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:06 AM   #144
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Taxi drivers dictate terms and conditions

ON Saturday, taxi drivers in the Klang Valley started charging the new rates as set by the Commercial Vehicles Licensing Board in the Prime Minister’s Department. The price increase was necessary to enable the group to earn a decent living in light of the current economic situation. StarMetro reporters went undercover to several hot spots in the Klang Valley to see the situation for themselves and found that 90% in the city still refuse to use the meter. Below are the reporters findings.

Case 1: Suria KLCC

I STARTED my day posing as an Indian tourist wearing a bright Punjabi suit and with a typical Indian accent. I walked up to a Chinese taxi driver at Suria KLCC. His name was Chai.

Making it clear: Taxi drivers at Plaza Bukit Bintang quoting their rates to ferry passengers to Suria KLCC.

He asked for RM15 to take me to Petaling Street which is only a stone’s throw away and quoted RM25 to go to Batu Caves. I was not surprised, in fact, I was expecting it. I agreed. It was obvious that the taxis here do not use meters. Chai told me that times were hard and with the escalating cost of living and higher operating and maintenance costs, taxi drivers had no choice but to fleece passengers like me (foreigners). He was nonetheless polite and respectful. A perfect gentleman I would say, except for the fact that he refused to use the meter. Despite a clear sign at the entrance of KLCC warning tourists of touts, the taxi drivers still come around without fear. - By PRIYA MENON

Case 2: BUKIT BINTANG

I WAS charged RM20 from BB Plaza to get to Suria KLCC. I was posing as an Arab tourist and braced myself for anything. I enquired if the destination was far and the taxi driver said yes. He even went on to say that it was the weekend and that there was heavy traffic. The drive however, took less than 10 minutes. During the drive, I asked about the use of meter and the taxi driver explained that this was the way they ran the business. “Everywhere you go, they usually charge without using meters. Besides, it is the weekend and the rates are different,” he said.

I went on to ask him about tourist sites and he told me about places like Batu Caves and the fireflies in Kuala Selangor. The driver said that it would cost RM60 to go to Batu Caves from Bukit Bintang. On my way back, I took off my disguise and hailed a cab from Suria KLCC to go to Petaling Street. This time, surprisingly, the driver used the meter.

When I reached my destination, he charged me an extra RM3, saying that the Government had increased the fare recently and even though he had not calibrated his meter, he had the right to ask for extra. I paid him. The driver, who only identified himself as Wong, said that he is a law abiding citizen and always uses the meter.

“I am not here to cheat people but I had no time to calibrate my meter because of the long queue at the centres,’’ Wong said. - By FAZLEENA AZIZ

Case 3: Jalan P. Ramlee

IT is a normal sight to see taxi drivers parking their vehicles besides Beach Club at Jalan P. Ramlee, KL and approaching clubbers to ask them if they wanted a taxi. This is my personal experience and I was apppoached by a driver at 10pm outside the Beach Club, claiming that he could take me to a place more happening than Beach Club. When I asked where this place was, he refused to tell me, saying that it was a surprise. I then asked him how much it would cost to get from Jalan P. Ramlee to KL Sentral and the driver told me it would cost between RM20 and RM30.

This is ridiculous as the surcharge was 100% more even at 10pm. According to CVLB guidelines, taxi drivers are allowed to charge 50% extra only after midnight. When I asked him whether he could use the taxi meter, he said no. I spoke to a few people working in the area and was told that taxi touts often ripped off tourists visiting the clubs there. It so happened that when I was there, a patrol car passed by with its siren blazing. The taxi drivers bolted away only to return within 15 minutes. - By STUART MICHAEL

Case 4: Subang Jaya

WHEN I approached the taxis at the corner of the SS15 commercial area, a few drivers quoted a flat rate of RM8 for a ride to Sunway Pyramid that takes about five minutes when traffic is not heavy. Despite haggling with them, the drivers refused to lower their fee and when asked why, they said that they used a coupon system. I knew there was no such thing. It is common knowledge that people familiar with the area know it is expensive to take a taxi from the corner of SS15/8 in Subang Jaya but some do so when no other option is available.

Busy place: A StarMetro reporter talking to a taxi driver outside KLCC along Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

Azizah Mohd Ithnin, 37, is one such person. She used to drive herself until about four years ago.

“Parking is really difficult in SS15 so I use public transport these days. About three times a week I go to Petaling Jaya and the fastest way is to take a taxi and use the highway,” Azizah said.

According to her, it would cost her RM8, inclusive of toll, to get to work. But the taxis waiting at the corner quote a flat rate of RM10 to RM15.

Student Tee W.L, 18, said that he was quoted a flat rate of RM15 to go to USJ4. It normally costs only RM6.

Indian national Eswaoarao said that he was charged RM20 to go to Bandar Puteri in Puchong, a 15-minute journey. - By CHOONG MEK ZHIN

Case 5: Puchong

I WENT to the bus and taxi stand in front of IOI Mall at 11am and attempted to take a taxi to Summit USJ. Most of the people at the stand were waiting for the bus. The first taxi driver I approached has yet to install a new meter. However, he said that it would normally cost about RM10 but with the new meter, it would cost about RM15, including toll fares.

A second driver asked me how much I was willing to pay.

“It would cost about RM6 if I use the meter but could you pay a little extra, about RM2?” he asked.

I also saw a man haggling over the fares but in the end he got into a bus that had just arrived.

I befriended Raja Lethumi, who was waiting for a bus as well. She said that she did not mind the price increase as long as taxi drivers use the meters.

I also spotted a group of teenagers who wanted to go to Sunway Pyramid. The driver quoted RM15. They finally found someone who agreed to take them for RM12.

David Tan, a resident of Puchong said he was unaware of the priceincrease but that taxis here did not use the meter and as such, it made no difference at all.

I than decided to head to Bukit Jalil next but was shocked that the price was a whopping RM20. After waiting a while, a driver pulled up and offered to send me, using the metered rate.

However, he said he has yet to switch to the new meter and explained about the increase in taxi fare.

When we reached Bukit Jalil, the meter showed RM13.40, which is about 40% cheaper than the fare offered by the previous taxi driver who refused to use a meter. What a big difference that is. - By OH ING YEEN
Old August 3rd, 2009, 03:41 PM   #145
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2086

Tambang baru teksi hanya selepas skala meter dibetulkan
03/08/2009 9:12pm

MELAKA 3 Ogos - Pemandu teksi diberi amaran supaya tidak mengenakan kadar tambang baru yang berkuatkuasa Sabtu lepas sehingga mereka selesai membetulkan skala meter baru.

Menteri di Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz berkata, pemandu teksi diberi tempoh sehingga 31 Disember ini untuk membetulkan meter mereka.

“Orang ramai pula diminta membuat aduan kepada kami mengenai pemandu yang mengenakan kadar tambang baru tetapi menggunakan meter lama,” katanya kepada pemberita selepas menyampaikan 304 Surat Tawaran Kelulusan (STK) Lesen Kereta Sewa dan Teksi Individu peringkat negeri Melaka di sini hari ini. - Bernama
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM   #146
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 1151

taxies.. mmmmm never ending story
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 03:53 AM   #147
davidlow7

What should we do if the taxi fellow charging the "goodwill fares" but refuse to give receipt?
davidlow7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:40 AM   #148
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Nazri: Don’t charge extra

MALACCA: Cabbies who have yet to calibrate their taxi meters should not impose the 30% extra charge on their customers, Minister at the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz said.

He said the Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board (CVLB) is giving cabbies until the end of the year to calibrate their meters.

Well done: Nazri presenting an approval letter to one of the hired car owners here yesterday while Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board president Datuk Halimah Mohd Sadique (left) and state Transportation, Information and Consumer Committee chairman R. Perumal (right) look on.

“We will not compromise on this. We will not revoke their licences but will issue warning notices or fine them if they are caught imposing extra charges before calibrating their meters,” he told reporters after presenting the offer letters to 303 taxi drivers and hired car owners here yesterday.

He dismissed claims by some taxi drivers that there were not enough calibration centres in the Klang Valley.

“As of Sunday, we have already calibrated 3,863 meters and the number of meters to be calibrated throughout Peninsular Malaysia is 29,457,” he said, adding that there some taxi drivers waiting until the last minute to calibrate their meters.

He called on members of the public who are charged extra by non-calibrated taxis to report to the authorities.

The CVLB received 7,586 taxi and hired cars permit applications between July 15 and Oct 14 last year, of which some 4,000 licences have been given out.

At a separate function, Nazri said the proposed amendment to the bankruptcy laws to improve the management of bankrupts while giving better protection to creditors of companies which have gone bust would be tabled in Parliament by the end of the year.

“I have requested the Insolvency Depart-ment to review the Bankruptcy Act and it has agreed to do so. The changes will ensure that the bankruptcy laws are keeping with the changing times,” he told reporters after opening the Insolvency Department’s Senior Officers Convention.

One of the changes, he said, would involve speeding up the liquidation and winding-up processes to protect affected creditors.

The department had managed 64,072 bankruptcy cases from January 2005 to June this year, of which 7,521 were recorded for the first six months of this year.

Miscellaneous loan defaulters accounted for the highest number of bankrupts with 20,795 cases out of 64,072, Nazri said, adding that vehicle hire-purchase defaulters were the second highest with 15,176 cases.

Some 3,767 credit card holders were made bankrupts while 138 other cases involved those who had failed to repay their study loans.

From January 2005 to June this year, Nazri said that 18,422 companies had come under liquidation via the courts while 7,368 companies had opted for voluntary liquidation.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #149
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Cab drivers with old meters cannot charge new rates

KUALA LUMPUR: Taxi drivers who have yet to fix new meters cannot charge the new increased rates.

If they do, it will be deemed as overcharging and the guilty taxi drivers will be fined RM300 for the first offence, have their licence suspended for the second offence and their licence revoked for the third offence.

Transport Ministry Director-General Datuk Solah Hassan said those who had yet to fix new meters could only charge the old rates according to the old meters.

He urged taxi drivers to be honest and overcharged consumers to lodge complaints.
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #150
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

All taxi meters to be recalibrated by month’s end

PUTRAJAYA: All the 20,733 taxis nationwide will have their meters adjusted by the end of this month, said Road Transport Department director-general Datuk Solah Hassan.

He urged taxi drivers who had yet to re-calibrate their meters to be honest, and also called on passengers to lodge complaints to the department and the Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board if they were dissatisfied with the charges.

Passengers should insist on getting receipts and if the cabbies refused, to make a report listing down the details such as the location; time and drivers’ identity card number on the left hand side of the dashboard.

From Aug 1 to Aug 3, 1,850 taxis had calibrated their meters.

Fine-tuning: Demega Electronic & Enginering Sdn Bhd mechanic Ho Chin Leong (right) adjusting the meter for taxi driver M. Chandaran Muthu at Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur, Tuesday

Solah said cabbies who overcharged would be fined RM300 for the first offence; and their licences suspended and revoked for the second and third offences respectively under the Motor Vehicle (Taxi Meter) Rules 1959.

“New fares can only be imposed after meters have been recalibrated. Cab drivers who haven’t adjusted their meters cannot ask for extra fee,” he said in response to The Star’s check on cabbies in the Klang Valley, who were imposing 30% extra fare although their meters had not been recalibrated.

However, cabbies said they should not be penalised as the calibration centres were not able to handle the large number of taxis that need to adjust their meters.

Effective Aug 1, taxi fares would start at RM3 instead of the previous flag-off rate of RM2, and subsequently, 10 sen for each 115 metre instead from 150 metre before.

During traffic jams, it will be 10 sen for every 21 seconds instead of 45 seconds previously.

“The exercise will take at least one month from Aug 1. During the interim period, cab drivers should not be overcharging and cheating,” Solah said.

Those who wish to lodge a complaint against errant cabbies can contact the department’s hotline at 03-88866412.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #151
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Pemandu teksi terseksa - Terpaksa beratur berjam-jam selaras meter

Oleh MAZLINA ABDUL MAJID
mazlina@kosmo.com.my

PARA pemandu teksi berbual-bual sementara menunggu giliran di Puspakom Desa Tun Razak, Cheras semalam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUALA LUMPUR - Pengumuman kadar baru tambang teksi baru-baru ini membuatkan semua pemandu teksi tersenyum lebar dan menarik nafas lega.

Namun itu semua tidak bertahan lama kerana selepas 'bertarung' berjam-jam untuk melaraskan meter di syarikat pembekal meter, kini pemandu teksi berdepan pula dengan kesesakan di beberapa cawangan Pusat Pemeriksaan Kenderaan Berkomputer (Puspakom) untuk mendapatkan kelulusan meter.

Meskipun Puspakom dalam kenyataan baru-baru ini memaklumkan kapasiti pemeriksaan harian mampu menampung 1,200 buah teksi tetapi itu tidak berlaku.

Kosmo! dimaklumkan oleh pemandu teksi yang menunggu giliran, Puspakom Cheras hanya membuka operasi pemeriksaan meter selama tiga jam dan menetapkan 40 buah teksi untuk diperiksa.

Ekoran keputusan itu, Puspakom dibanjiri ratusan teksi untuk mendapatkan giliran seawal pukul 6.30 pagi sedangkan pemeriksaan hanya bermula pada pukul 6 petang dan berakhir pada pukul 9 malam.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:45 PM   #152
nazrey

Selesa bersama teksi biru
3 September 2009 Oleh AQMAR ALLADAD

MUNGKIN sebelum ini kita jarang atau langsung tidak pernah mendengar ruangan blog yang menyediakan segala maklumat mengenai kemudahan perkhidmatan teksi ke seluruh Semenanjung Malaysia.

Mungkin juga ada antara kita yang takut untuk memilih menggunakan perkhidmatan teksi kerana sering berfikiran negatif terhadap perkhidmatan itu.

Menyedari hakikat itu, KL Executive Taxi Services (KLETS) mengambil inisiatif menubuhkan laman web yang bukan sahaja menyediakan informasi tentang teksi eksekutif bahkan menjadi medium penghubung pemandu teksi berkenaan dengan masyarakat.

Malah, disebabkan Kuala Lumpur sering menerima kunjungan para pelancong terutamanya pelancong asing dari seluruh pelosok dunia, lalu blog yang diberikan nama http://klexecutivetaxi.blogspot.com/ pastinya mempunyai signifikannya.

Perunding KL Executive Taxi Services (KLETS), Mohamad Rejab memberitahu, blog yang baru sahaja berusia tiga bulan itu sememangnya banyak membantu para pemandu teksi kelas eksekutif untuk mendapat pelanggan.

"Ini merupakan inisiatif saya sendiri untuk memiliki blog bagi membantu saya dan rakan-rakan lain mendapatkan pelanggan.

"Lagipun dengan adanya blog boleh dikatakan kami kerap menerima panggilan untuk tempahan," katanya ketika ditemui Infiniti baru-baru ini.

LAMAN blog ini memaparkan segala kemudahan
yang disediakan oleh KL Executive Taxi Services.

Keselesaan

Menceritakan kelebihan utama perkhidmatan teksi eksekutif itu berbanding teksi biasa Mohamad menjelaskan, keselesaan merupakan faktor utama orang ramai dan pelancong untuk memilih perkhidmatan teksi berwarna biru itu.

Keselesaannya dinilai dari segi keluasan tempat duduk, jarak kaki di antara penumpang, tempat penyimpanan barang dan pendingin hawa yang baik. Berkuasa 2000cc, ia membuatkan perjalanan bergerak lancar.

Lebih menarik lagi, faktor keselamatan turut dititikberatkan dan setiap penumpang diberikan insurans nyawa.

"Kebiasannya hanya pemandu sahaja mempunyai insurans tetapi sekiranya anda memilih perkhidmatan ini, keselamatan penumpang turut terjamin. Setiap penumpang diberikan insurans nyawa.

"Ini kerana kadangkala penumpang bukan sahaja memilih teksi kami di sekitar ibu negara sahaja malah turut digunakan bagi menuju ke destinasi luar yang lain," terangnya.

Sebelum tertubuhnya blog itu, pelbagai halangan dan cabaran terpaksa diharungi. Namun, demi maruah dan punca rezeki, mereka sanggup menghadapinya dengan sabar sehingga berjaya.

Pada awalnya, Mohamad bersama lima rakannya yang lain telah bertungkus-lumus menyiapkan kertas kerja dan menyediakan pelbagai dokumen penting bagi memastikan permohonan itu mendapat kelulusan.

Antaranya daripada Lembaga Perlesenan Kenderaan Perdagangan Semenanjung Malaysia mengenai perancangan penubuhannya.

Kelulusan

Berkat kesabaran beliau, akhirnya segala penat lelah dan usaha telah mendapat kelulusan daripada pihak berkenaan.

Di samping itu, teksi eksekutif menyediakan kenderaan yang mampu memuatkan seramai empat sehingga tujuh orang penumpang.

Dipilih berdasarkan permintaan dan jumlah penumpang, jenama kereta yang digunakan sebagai teksi eksekutif ialah Naza Ria 2.5, Naza Citra 2.0, Nissan Serena 2.0, Toyota Innova 2.0 dan Hyundai Starex 2.5.

Jelas Mohamad, laman blog yang disediakan itu sentiasa dikemas kini terutama dari segi kadar bayaran dan lokasi perjalanan memandangkan blog terbabit sering dikunjungi oleh pelancong asing yang mahukan maklumat tepat.

MOHAMAD sering menerima tempahan daripada pelancong asing.

Menyentuh tambang yang dikenakan, rata-rata pengguna tidak pernah mempersoalkannya. Ini kerana kebanyakan mereka merasakan tambang tersebut begitu berbaloi dengan perkhidmatan yang diberikan.

Kadar tambang

Sebelum menerima sebarang tempahan, Mohamad terlebih dahulu akan menerangkan kadar teksi tersebut supaya tidak berlaku sebarang perselisihan faham.

Ini kerana teksi eksekutif memulakan caj tambang sebanyak RM6 diikuti pula 20 sen bagi setiap 100 kilometer (km).

"Tambang yang dikenakan itu termasuklah caj bagi tol, minyak, tempat letak kereta, insurans pemandu dan penumpang," ulasnya.

Bagaimanapun, anda tidak akan mendapat perkhidmatan tersebut sekiranya hanya menunggu di tepi jalan seperti teksi biasa yang dapat dilihat di atas jalan raya.

Teksi eksekutif hanya boleh didapati di sekitar Hotel Pacific Regency, Jalan P.Ramlee dan Hotel Suites iaitu berhadapan Menara Kuala Lumpur.

"Kita bakal mempunyai sebuah lagi perhentian teksi pada bulan hadapan iaitu berdekatan Seri Pacific Hotel. Bagi memudahkan lagi perjalanan, penumpang boleh menghubungi talian 012- 2517 515 yang beroperasi 24 jam.

"Namun, harus diingatkan tempahan perlu dilakukan sejam sebelum waktu perjalanan dan mereka boleh memilih jenis kenderaan yang diperlukan," katanya.
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:16 AM   #153
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
Be ready to pay, say cabbies
By BAVANI M

IF YOU need a taxi during peak hours or have to go to an area with heavy traffic, be prepared to pay, cabbies are warning regular passengers in the Klang Valley.

The new taxi pricing structure announced by Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Nazri Abdul Aziz that came into force on Aug 1 along with other fare increases, may have put smiles on the faces of taxi drivers but has made regular taxi users unhappy.

The new rates, especially during peak hours, certainly gives cabbies a bonus for picking up passengers.

However, the situation may also have created the scenario whereby taxi drivers avoid using non-congested roads or picking passengers during non-peak hours.

A clear example was recently seen at the taxi queue in Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur. Commuters who had been queuing up for long hours at the taxi stand had called StarMetro to complain that most of the drivers had refused to take them to their destination, and were instead making a beeline to areas like Bukit Bintang and KLCC.

But, what is really hurting commuters most is the congestion rates that the ministry had introduced, which are likening to daylight robbery.

Easy does it: A technician recalibrating the meter on a taxi.

According to the new rates, for taxis caught in a traffic jam, the fare is RM3 for the first three minutes, and jumps 10 sen for every subsequent 21 seconds, instead of the 45 seconds previously.

Passengers say that the new congestion rate is simply too high and is creating a situation whereby taxi drivers only want to work during peak periods.

“It’s like they (cabbies) are suffering from a ‘non-peak hour syndrome’,” IT executive Mary Gomez said.

“Before the price hike, it was impossible to get a taxi during peak hours, especially when it was raining. Even the taxis using the coupon system refused to take passengers. But now, they are so efficient because they can make double, sometimes even triple the fare, if they are stuck in a jam,” Gomez added.

Regular taxi users also say taxi drivers are no longer avoiding congested roads like before, and that some are actually using the jam-packed roads because they tend to make more money now.

One reader complained that when he took a taxi recently, the driver had used the Damansara-Puchong Highway (LDP) instead of the New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE) which was longer, but less congested.

While most city taxi drivers are laughing all the way to the bank, there are those who do feel sorry for regular passengers.

“The rates during congestion are definitely a killer,” said driver Peter Lai.

“I usually warn my customers beforehand that the meter would jump every 21 seconds when a taxi is stuck in a jam. It applies when the taxi stops at traffic lights, too,” Lai said.

Lai related the story of his friend, who took a customer from the Bukit OUG condominium in Jalan Kelang Lama to Mid Valley when the Movement to Abolish the ISA (GMI) rally took place two weeks ago.

“He was caught in bumper-to-bumper traffic all the way and the meter registered a whopping RM45 when he reached Mid Valley,” he said.

Mass-Transit in Klang Valley (Transit) adviser Moaz Yusof Ahmad said he was not surprised to hear that cabbies were taking passengers through more congested routes.

“It’s what people would do if they could get away with it. The onus is on the passenger to insist on the route they want to take,” he said.

Moaz stressed that passengers must also lodge complaints with the Commercial Vehicles Licensing Board (CVLB) if they had complaints on the service.

Sunlight Radio Taxi Service Sdn Bhd – the largest taxi company in the Klang Valley, with its cabs making up 60% of the total number on the road – said they did not see it as a problem.

“We have not received any complaints so far that our taxis are avoiding non-congested roads. In fact, there has not been any complaints even of high fees being charged,” said its discipline officer, Alina Juliana Mohamad.

“The meters we use are of the latest technology from Japan and there is no way it can be wrong,” she said.

“If the drivers refuse to use the meter or are choosy about their destination, then it’s another matter. Just give us their taxi number plate and we’ll know what to do,” she said.

A check with several taxi passengers in KL Sentral and Bukit Bintang revealed that most were agreeable to the new surcharge rate of RM3, up from RM2 previously, as well as the fact that passengers would be charged 10 sen for every subsequent 115m, instead of 150m previously.

Those who have complaints about errant taxi drivers can write in to the CVLB, Prime Minister’s Department, No. 18, Persiaran Perdana Aras 4, Blok Podium, Presint 2, 62652 Putrajaya, or lodge the complaints at www.lpkp.gov.my.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
Punish errant cabbies

I REFER to your report on “Be ready to pay, say cabbies” (StarMetro, Aug 11). I’m a Singaporean. I would like to share my encounters with taxis in Kuala Lumpur.

I write this letter with all good intentions, as I am half Malaysian.

On my last three visits here, I had problems getting taxis using the meter.

I had to flag down three to four taxis before I got one willing to use the meter.

And this I had to repeat for the total of eight to 10 taxis I would use over the course of a three-day visit.

However, I do feel the fare is way too low, and can’t help but think that perhaps it is justified for the taxi drivers to ask for more. So I tipped those who used meters.

On my third visit, I got angry because there was a row of 10 taxis in front of the hotel I was staying in and none agreed to use the meter for my trip to KLCC.

We all need to work together -- visitors, hotel staff, taxi drivers, taxi companies, and the Government to stop the errant practice of not using meters.

The governing bodies should engage mystery riders to catch errant taxi drivers and issue summonses on the spot after reaching the destination.

Hotel staff should educate their customers to pay taxis using the meters, and chase away errant taxis stopping in front of their hotels.

Taxi companies should send stern warning to all the drivers.

Taxi drivers should abide by the practice of using meters. And perhaps, the CVLB website can offer an English option, because errant taxi drivers are likely to target tourists more than locals.

Perhaps, a multi-party (Government, hotels, taxi companies and commuters) task force can be put in place to reward drivers who use meters, and punish those who don’t.

Kuala Lumpur has become a megacity and progressed rapidly to become one of the choice destinations for both leisure and business. Sadly, the taxi industry has remained stagnant and continues to uses tactics like Third World taxi drivers.

There’s quite a bit of catching up, and by that, I mean catch them!

PHILIP WONG,

Singapore.
Act fast against errant cabbies

I REFER to a letter by a Singaporean in “Punish errant cabbies” (StarMetro, Aug 18).

I am flabbergasted that there are so many complaints about our taximen yet the authorities have remained a silent lot.

Is it our “tidak apa” syndrome?

We should act on these errant men and with speed, as it involves the image of our nation.

Some weeks ago, another foreigner had also related his horror story in The Star letters page concerning our cabbies.

In the end nothing came of it, the authorities were silent again.

Let us upgrade our taxi service and make the cab drivers friendly and responsible.

Bulbir Singh

Seremban.
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #154
nazrey

Puspakom To Complete Inspection Of Taxi Meters Ahead Of Schedule
September 11, 2009 22:05 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, 11 Sept (Bernama) -- Puspakom, the computerized vehicle inspection centre, is confident it will be able to complete inspection of taxi meters three months ahead of the January 1, 2010 deadline.

Its Chief Operations Officer, Raja Mahmud Al Haj Raja Dato Ibrahim, said as at Aug 1,2009 Puspakom had inspected 82 per cent or 22,450 taxi meters.

Taxis which modified their meters were allowed to charge extra fare effective from that date.

Puspakom said in a statement that inspection of taxi meters were being carried out at all branches except in Sabah, Sarawak and Pulau Pinang.

"Inspection of taxi meters in Negeri Sembilan has been completed while the remainder of the taxis in the Klang Valley and Johor will be inspected before October 2009.

"Infact, we can complete the entire inspection within 10 days if the taxis owners bring in their vehicles to Puspakom's branches in the Klang Valley and Johor Bharu," he added.

Raja Mahmud said Puspakom only charged RM10 to inspect a taxi meter and operated its centers daily and, during the fasting months, between 8am and 9pm, and up to 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays, to speed up the inspection exercise.

He explained that all Puspakom centres in the Klang Valley were well equipped to carry out the inspection.
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:53 AM   #155
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Teksi KL Sentral cekik darah
Oleh Siti Haliza Yusop

Perkhidmatan berkupon tolak permintaan penumpang

BRICKFIELDS: Pengguna yang menggunakan perkhidmatan teksi berkupon kecewa dengan sikap pemandu teksi tertentu di KL Sentral yang gemar menolak permintaan penumpang berikutan destinasi mahu dituju tidak memenuhi ‘kehendak’ mereka.

Mereka berpendapat pemandu teksi di bandar raya ini tidak sepatutnya menolak permintaan penumpang yang meminta untuk dihantar ke destinasi tertentu dengan alasan tidak mahu menempuh kesesakan jalan raya, terutama apabila pengguna sudah mendapatkan kupon bagi menggunakan perkhidmatan itu.

Seorang pemandu teksi yang tidak mahu dikenali turut mengakui, wujud sesetengah pemandu teksi yang enggan membawa penumpang berkupon ke destinasi tertentu.

“Bukan setakat tidak mahu mengambil penumpang berkupon, malah mereka juga mahu kiraan meter digunakan kerana berpendapat cara itu lebih menguntungkan, apatah lagi menjelang waktu puncak dari jam 5 hingga 7 petang yang menyaksikan hampir setiap jalan di ibu kota mengalami kesesakan teruk.

“Bukan setakat pelanggan yang merungut, malah kami juga turut tidak berpuas hati. Pada saya, jika mereka tidak mahu menggunakan perkhidmatan berkupon, pemandu teksi ini tidak sepatutnya menunggu penumpang di KL Sentral. Bagaimanapun, walau sudah ditegur, masih ada yang ingkar hingga menyebabkan pergaduhan tercetus.” katanya.

Katanya, permasalahan itu hanya dapat diselesaikan jika Lembaga Pelesenan Kenderaan Perdagangan (LPKP) membuat pemantauan secara kerap di kawasan berkenaan.

Perkara itu turut dipersetujui seorang pelajar, Sam Liew yang mempunyai pengalaman buruk selepas mendapatkan perkhidmatan teksi.

“Bukan setakat tidak mahu mengambil penumpang berkupon, malah yang mengecewakan apabila mereka meminta tambang tambahan sebaik tiba ke destinasi. Kadangkala saya malas mahu bertikam lidah jadi terpaksalah memberikan jumlah diminta walaupun geram sebenarnya dengan tindakan itu.

“Sebagai pengguna, kadangkala timbul perasaan serik. Bagaimanapun, perkhidmatan teksi ini memang diperlukan. Oleh itu, saya berharap mereka memberi perkhidmatan yang baik, apatah lagi kerajaan juga turut menaikkan tambang teksi baru-baru ini.” katanya yang mengakui tidak semua pemandu teksi bersikap pentingkan diri.

Bagi pelajar, Hafifah Abdul Latif, tindakan sesetengah pemandu teksi itu boleh menimbulkan rasa marah penumpang, sekali gus memburukkan persepsi masyarakat terhadap perkhidmatan itu walaupun hanya segelintir saja yang terbabit.

“Kebanyakan warga asing akan tiba di KL Sentral terlebih dulu sebelum ke tempat lain dan jika mereka menerima layanan begini dari pemandu teksi Malaysia, saya khuatir ia akan menjadi lawatan pertama dan terakhir mereka ke sini.” katanya.
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #156
nazrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
NEW Proton Taxi!
Proton Saga RED Concept by Proton Design
At KL Convention Centre
From paultan.org

New Proton Saga Taxi @ Penang
From flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old November 17th, 2009, 03:24 AM   #157
aseania
BANNED

isn't it nice if we have vintage style taxi...?

taxi can be an icon for a city. and our taxi is definitely can't. not only design is too streotype, and the color is HK-like, even the service is not something we can proud of.

Kolkata (Calcutta)

London

Havana

aseania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #158
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseania View Post
isn't it nice if we have vintage style taxi...?

taxi can be an icon for a city. and our taxi is definitely can't. not only design is too streotype, and the color is HK-like, even the service is not something we can proud of.

Kolkata (Calcutta)

London

Havana

It's a nice thought...but actually the taxis in Havana and Calcutta are vintage because that is all that many drivers can afford.

While the London LTI Taxis look 'vintage' but they are quite modern.

m thinks that this new Perodua MPV (think of a MyVi with a longer wheelbase) would be the perfect taxi for Malaysian cities....but it's not as nice looking as a vintage taxi, for sure.

Cheers, m

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880

Last edited by allurban; November 17th, 2009 at 10:36 AM.
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #159
dcOhiney

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Selesa bersama teksi biru
3 September 2009 Oleh AQMAR ALLADAD

MUNGKIN sebelum ini kita jarang atau langsung tidak pernah mendengar ruangan blog yang menyediakan segala maklumat mengenai kemudahan perkhidmatan teksi ke seluruh Semenanjung Malaysia.

Mungkin juga ada antara kita yang takut untuk memilih menggunakan perkhidmatan teksi kerana sering berfikiran negatif terhadap perkhidmatan itu.

Menyedari hakikat itu, KL Executive Taxi Services (KLETS) mengambil inisiatif menubuhkan laman web yang bukan sahaja menyediakan informasi tentang teksi eksekutif bahkan menjadi medium penghubung pemandu teksi berkenaan dengan masyarakat.

Malah, disebabkan Kuala Lumpur sering menerima kunjungan para pelancong terutamanya pelancong asing dari seluruh pelosok dunia, lalu blog yang diberikan nama http://klexecutivetaxi.blogspot.com/ pastinya mempunyai signifikannya.

Perunding KL Executive Taxi Services (KLETS), Mohamad Rejab memberitahu, blog yang baru sahaja berusia tiga bulan itu sememangnya banyak membantu para pemandu teksi kelas eksekutif untuk mendapat pelanggan.

"Ini merupakan inisiatif saya sendiri untuk memiliki blog bagi membantu saya dan rakan-rakan lain mendapatkan pelanggan.

"Lagipun dengan adanya blog boleh dikatakan kami kerap menerima panggilan untuk tempahan," katanya ketika ditemui Infiniti baru-baru ini.

LAMAN blog ini memaparkan segala kemudahan
yang disediakan oleh KL Executive Taxi Services.

Keselesaan

Menceritakan kelebihan utama perkhidmatan teksi eksekutif itu berbanding teksi biasa Mohamad menjelaskan, keselesaan merupakan faktor utama orang ramai dan pelancong untuk memilih perkhidmatan teksi berwarna biru itu.

Keselesaannya dinilai dari segi keluasan tempat duduk, jarak kaki di antara penumpang, tempat penyimpanan barang dan pendingin hawa yang baik. Berkuasa 2000cc, ia membuatkan perjalanan bergerak lancar.

Lebih menarik lagi, faktor keselamatan turut dititikberatkan dan setiap penumpang diberikan insurans nyawa.

"Kebiasannya hanya pemandu sahaja mempunyai insurans tetapi sekiranya anda memilih perkhidmatan ini, keselamatan penumpang turut terjamin. Setiap penumpang diberikan insurans nyawa.

"Ini kerana kadangkala penumpang bukan sahaja memilih teksi kami di sekitar ibu negara sahaja malah turut digunakan bagi menuju ke destinasi luar yang lain," terangnya.

Sebelum tertubuhnya blog itu, pelbagai halangan dan cabaran terpaksa diharungi. Namun, demi maruah dan punca rezeki, mereka sanggup menghadapinya dengan sabar sehingga berjaya.

Pada awalnya, Mohamad bersama lima rakannya yang lain telah bertungkus-lumus menyiapkan kertas kerja dan menyediakan pelbagai dokumen penting bagi memastikan permohonan itu mendapat kelulusan.

Antaranya daripada Lembaga Perlesenan Kenderaan Perdagangan Semenanjung Malaysia mengenai perancangan penubuhannya.

Kelulusan

Berkat kesabaran beliau, akhirnya segala penat lelah dan usaha telah mendapat kelulusan daripada pihak berkenaan.

Di samping itu, teksi eksekutif menyediakan kenderaan yang mampu memuatkan seramai empat sehingga tujuh orang penumpang.

Dipilih berdasarkan permintaan dan jumlah penumpang, jenama kereta yang digunakan sebagai teksi eksekutif ialah Naza Ria 2.5, Naza Citra 2.0, Nissan Serena 2.0, Toyota Innova 2.0 dan Hyundai Starex 2.5.

Jelas Mohamad, laman blog yang disediakan itu sentiasa dikemas kini terutama dari segi kadar bayaran dan lokasi perjalanan memandangkan blog terbabit sering dikunjungi oleh pelancong asing yang mahukan maklumat tepat.

MOHAMAD sering menerima tempahan daripada pelancong asing.

Menyentuh tambang yang dikenakan, rata-rata pengguna tidak pernah mempersoalkannya. Ini kerana kebanyakan mereka merasakan tambang tersebut begitu berbaloi dengan perkhidmatan yang diberikan.

Kadar tambang

Sebelum menerima sebarang tempahan, Mohamad terlebih dahulu akan menerangkan kadar teksi tersebut supaya tidak berlaku sebarang perselisihan faham.

Ini kerana teksi eksekutif memulakan caj tambang sebanyak RM6 diikuti pula 20 sen bagi setiap 100 kilometer (km) .

"Tambang yang dikenakan itu termasuklah caj bagi tol, minyak, tempat letak kereta, insurans pemandu dan penumpang," ulasnya.

Bagaimanapun, anda tidak akan mendapat perkhidmatan tersebut sekiranya hanya menunggu di tepi jalan seperti teksi biasa yang dapat dilihat di atas jalan raya.

Teksi eksekutif hanya boleh didapati di sekitar Hotel Pacific Regency, Jalan P.Ramlee dan Hotel Suites iaitu berhadapan Menara Kuala Lumpur.

"Kita bakal mempunyai sebuah lagi perhentian teksi pada bulan hadapan iaitu berdekatan Seri Pacific Hotel. Bagi memudahkan lagi perjalanan, penumpang boleh menghubungi talian 012- 2517 515 yang beroperasi 24 jam.

"Namun, harus diingatkan tempahan perlu dilakukan sejam sebelum waktu perjalanan dan mereka boleh memilih jenis kenderaan yang diperlukan," katanya.
i know it too good to be true, 20 sen per 100 kilometer. i checked the website, it is actually 20 sen per 100meter.. very mahal lah like this..
dcOhiney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #160
erwinkarim

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcOhiney View Post
i know it too good to be true, 20 sen per 100 kilometer. i checked the website, it is actually 20 sen per 100meter.. very mahal lah like this..
some people will pay for good service and ride...
erwinkarim no está en línea   Reply With Quote