daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM   #301
Vrachar

Likes (Received): 1627

Great pics Dewrob, thanks for sharing! I'm glad to see that you are started working on the missing part of motorway from your side of border and that Skopje bypass is finnished. Great news!
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #302
P.C.Dolabella
road builder

Likes (Received): 2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewrob View Post
Kumanovo-Serbian border highway U/C. It's a short stretch some ~10km at the most but it important as it completes that small missing section towards the north and makes a continuous highway from MK-RS border to Demir Kapija in the south leaving only 25km of non highway on the Macedonian Corridor 10 section.

Photos from Build.MK by Realek

Thank you Dewrob (and Realek) for transfers of a pics and news from BUILD.MK, site that is in a way part of a better side of SSC, and some kind of "Safe house" away from nazzi trols existing on this forum.

Good news from Macedonia, 10 new kilometers to Tabanovce border crossing and only 25 km that is left on the south.
P.C.Dolabella no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #303
SuperSergei

Likes (Received): 0

Hi!

When is the stretch Kumanovo-Serbian border supposed to be finished?
SuperSergei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #304
dewrob

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSergei View Post
Hi!

When is the stretch Kumanovo-Serbian border supposed to be finished?
Should be operational by the beginning of 2010. Maybe faster considering the construction pace.

@'people that commented'
dewrob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #305
SuperSergei

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Should be operational by the beginning of 2010. Maybe faster considering the construction pace.

@'people that commented'
Ok, then i will enjoy the new road next year instead of in 1 month.
SuperSergei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #306
P.C.Dolabella
road builder

Likes (Received): 2564

Quote:
@'people that commented'
Yes, It was obviously organized attack, from all sides.
P.C.Dolabella no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #307
dewrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C.Dolabella View Post
Yes, It was obviously organized attack, from all sides.
I didn't mean anything by it, it was just meant to be a salute for BL, Vrachar, Radi........ you = 'people that commented'

Old June 12th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #308
Sarajlija
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Skopje bypass looks great.
Sarajlija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #309
dewrob

Official opening is on Monday. Finally. I'll try to make a decent photo session of it then and post it here

Old June 18th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #310
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Are there any plans to upgrade the road from Skopje to Prishtina? A repaving, maybe?
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #311
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7711

Construction of the ring road of Skopje finished

Quote:

The construction of the ring road of Skopje, from Hipodrom to Orizarije was finished after 7 years and will be put in operation on Monday, June 22. According to the situation in the field, construction work has been completely finished, traffic signs are being set up and the connection of electricity is in progress.

Even though the road has not been officially put in operation, there is intensive traffic in it and drivers are very satisfied. According to the announcement, the ribbon will be cut by Macedonian Minister of Transport Mile Janakieski.
(Utrinski vesnik)
Good job Macedonians
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #312
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Are there only the pics shown or will someone post new pics of the bypass aswell?
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #313
dewrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Are there any plans to upgrade the road from Skopje to Prishtina? A repaving, maybe?
Upgrading to a full profile highway is planned but no timelines are given. It is among the prioritized projects but the Macedonian side of the route won't be effective unless the segment from Pristina to the border is upgraded too. The Kacanik gorge is always a slow point of the road due to freight vechiles and once the plateu after Kacanik is reached the road is crowded to congested all the way to Pristina.

@radi the pictures will come probably next week after the official opening.
Old June 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #314
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Upgrading to a full profile highway is planned but no timelines are given. It is among the prioritized projects but the Macedonian side of the route won't be effective unless the segment from Pristina to the border is upgraded too. The Kacanik gorge is always a slow point of the road due to freight vechiles and once the plateu after Kacanik is reached the road is crowded to congested all the way to Pristina.

@radi the pictures will come probably next week after the official opening.
Yeah, the gorge slows down the traffic but if the road is upgraded on the Kosovar side up to Kacanik and on the Macedonian side up to the border, then it'll be easier. Our side has gotten until Lipjan and from my understanding, works will being this year until Ferizaj (Urosevac) and next year until Kacanik.
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #315
dewrob

I just came back from Pristina yesterday. You have the ~15km fast road (2x2) southward from Pristina. Going south they are making some expansions on junctions and road exits but I didn't see any signs of complete overhauling of the road as they did on that segment near Pristina.

But you are right to the point that construction of a highway from Pristina to Kacanik and from Skopje to the border should be cheap because of the easy terrain and it shouldn't be postponed. Even without the upgrading of the Kacanik gorge road, such expansions will significantly decrease the traveling time.

I would also add that the borders stations need to be expanded. Waiting shouldn't take more than 5 minutes IMO.
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #316
Buddy Holly
BANNED

According to the 2009 - 2011 Medium-term Expenditure Framework of the government, the highway will be expanded and reconstructed some additional 30-40km in 2009. Now, wether that will happen remains to be seen but this government is investing heavily in road infrastructure so the tender might be announced. They started works on that 15km stretch around July last year too, so that might happen this year as well. I know that the Expenditure Framework talks about the expansion of the road up to the border, done in 4-5 lots.

Yeah the border crossings definitely needs to be expanded. I was in Skopje last Saturday and it took me 20-25 minutes to pass the KS - MK border. It's slow because there were only 2 cars ahead of me and no trucks since they have their own separate border terminal. I always thought the borders crossings were make-shift anyway, since we didn't really have an international border until early '90ies.
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #317
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Macedonain members, show pics of the construction, please and show pics of new Macedonian roads, I am interested, how new Macedonain roads look like.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:29 PM   #318
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

So the Skopje bypass was finally opened yesterday; are there any photos already?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:39 PM   #319
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

I think the Prishtina-Skopje (Shkup) road should have been a highway from the beginning, it is an important road for trade and business between Kosovo and Macedonia (FYROM), .... Maybe it may be in the future, Can't imagine much works needs to be done to transform an expressway to a highway when funds are available from both sides, although it is good enough for time being.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM   #320
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7711

No photos but there's a video...

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
macedonia