daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 10th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #521
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Wow only 18km section? Even if Macedonia did not build this section, it really would not be that much of a hasstle. This motorway link is probably more important than the current motorway Kosovo is building from Albania all the way close to the border with Serbia. Acess to Pan-European Corridor X is a big investment to be made. Some of the highway from Prishtina to Peje (Pec) has already been extended to almost motorway standard and will possibly extend all the way to Peje which is near Montenegro. This means that Montenegro and the northern parts of Albania will have good acess to Macedonia and Euorpe.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #522
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,631
Likes (Received): 19428

Northern Montenegro is extremely mountainous, isolated and poorly served by high-standard roads. Hardly things that qualify as "good access". The main activity area of the Montenegrin economy isn't in the north anyway.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #523
Lum Lumi
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,947
Likes (Received): 1531

Yes, Montenegro has ports which both Kosovo and Macedonia use to export/import goods. They would get used more if the roads would get better. Also a lot of Kosovars go to Ulcinj (Ulqin) and generally to the Montenegrin coast for summer holidays, so that would help them too.

While building a motorway there may not be a priority of the Montenegrin government right now, the road would make quite a bit of economic sense. Not to mention that the area we're talking about is the southeastern part of Montenegro, not the northern part (which borders Croatia and Bosnia).
Lum Lumi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #524
FoSsiL-mk
Registered User
 
FoSsiL-mk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,962
Likes (Received): 2470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post

Тука и влезот се продолжува со автопат значи до доле до кај Момин Поток се негде околу 18км.
Не е така. Само можеби малку после клучката да се продолжи. Другото наваму припаѓа под Градот Скопје и нема да се чепка. Може единствено да се реши со булеварски профил од страна на градот.
FoSsiL-mk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #525
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Can we have English only please, Cyrylic writing to me is like trying to read Mandarin., let alone the language barrier itself.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #526
FoSsiL-mk
Registered User
 
FoSsiL-mk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,962
Likes (Received): 2470

I said that what wrote Junkie might be wrong. That maybe there will be a highway only few hundred meters after the interchange heading Skopje, not as Junkie said, all the way to Skopje. I think thats wrong. Mostly because, the part (rest) after the interchange belongs to the city and the city only can develop it, if not as a highway, then a full profile boulevard.
FoSsiL-mk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #527
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Can we have English only please, Cyrylic writing to me is like trying to read Mandarin., let alone the language barrier itself.
so it is not important whether it is in Cyrillic or Latin script, you don't understand the language.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #528
Junkie
Supervisor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Skopje
Posts: 1,904
Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoSsiL-mk View Post
I said that what wrote Junkie might be wrong. That maybe there will be a highway only few hundred meters after the interchange heading Skopje, not as Junkie said, all the way to Skopje. I think thats wrong. Mostly because, the part (rest) after the interchange belongs to the city and the city only can develop it, if not as a highway, then a full profile boulevard.
Не биди буквалиста! Значи зборувам до клучката после и да биде булеварско решение по право треба да биде урбан автопат без семафори како оној со булевар Словенија и истиот треба да се спои со Никола Карев да се пробие пластичарската за уште три ленти и да продолжи према клучка Контитентал како урбан автопат (северен булевар).
__________________
Brexit is a disaster for Europe because of the English language itself!

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #529
RolePlay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Well, if the Prishtina-Skopje highway goes ahead with that time frame (say by 2015-2016), the Macedonian section of Corridor 8, which will for sure not be completed in that time horizon -mainly because MKD gov't is now focused on Arcs and Fountains rather than highways!, would become of a somewhat lesser priority, as one could reach Tirana and the port of Durres via Kosovo for about 4 hours via Kosovo/Albanians Highways. Currently one needs at least 6 hours to reach Tirana from Skopje via Ohrid. Of course, if Kosovars deliver!
RolePlay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #530
Junkie
Supervisor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Skopje
Posts: 1,904
Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlay View Post
Well, if the Prishtina-Skopje highway goes ahead with that time frame (say by 2015-2016), the Macedonian section of Corridor 8, which will for sure not be completed in that time horizon -mainly because MKD gov't is now focused on Arcs and Fountains rather than highways!, would become of a somewhat lesser priority, as one could reach Tirana and the port of Durres via Kosovo for about 4 hours via Kosovo/Albanians Highways. Currently one needs at least 6 hours to reach Tirana from Skopje via Ohrid. Of course, if Kosovars deliver!
I wouldnt say this is true... Not so far ago Skopje's 30 km bypass was completed, this year the missing 10 km part from Serbian border to Kumanovo, under concession is the rest missing part of 25 km of E-75 towards the south neighbor... That part from Skopje's bypass to kosovo is nothing actually can be completed in less than 18 months its only 15-20 km abd concession should be approved very soon.
__________________
Brexit is a disaster for Europe because of the English language itself!

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #531
RolePlay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I wouldnt say this is true... Not so far ago Skopje's 30 km bypass was completed, this year the missing 10 km part from Serbian border to Kumanovo, under concession is the rest missing part of 25 km of E-75 towards the south neighbor... That part from Skopje's bypass to kosovo is nothing actually can be completed in less than 18 months its only 15-20 km abd concession should be approved very soon.
SK bypass was completed in 4 years, the 10 km to Serbia in 2 years, and they are planning to complete D. Kapija- Smokvica (<30 km) in 5 years. Now, that is a total of less than 70 km for 10 years. None of these projects overlaps time wise.

With that pace, and with MK gov't level of commitement to highways - the corridor VIII through MK will be completed God-knows-when. And then you also have low interest from Albanian and Bulgarian side, too.

In the meantime, Kosovo completed 35 km of its route to Albania for 15 months, and is talking about finishing the remaining 75 in the next two years, and then the highway to Skopje in another two to three. This highway will be a better alternative to Corridor VIII, as it would take you to Tirana in much less time than the current road via Macedonian, (Skopje- Kacanik- Prizren-Morine-Tirana).
RolePlay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #532
Junkie
Supervisor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Skopje
Posts: 1,904
Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlay View Post
SK bypass was completed in 4 years, the 10 km to Serbia in 2 years, and they are planning to complete D. Kapija- Smokvica (<30 km) in 5 years. Now, that is a total of less than 70 km for 10 years. None of these projects overlaps time wise.

With that pace, and with MK gov't level of commitement to highways - the corridor VIII through MK will be completed God-knows-when. And then you also have low interest from Albanian and Bulgarian side, too.

In the meantime, Kosovo completed 35 km of its route to Albania for 15 months, and is talking about finishing the remaining 75 in the next two years, and then the highway to Skopje in another two to three. This highway will be a better alternative to Corridor VIII, as it would take you to Tirana in much less time than the current road via Macedonian, (Skopje- Kacanik- Prizren-Morine-Tirana).
Ok we don't need comparisons about stuff that Kosovo is a mega country that build up a 30 km for 15 months (!)... Macedonia has all that highways and infrastructure like regional roads that are not comparable with Albanian one country which was isolated for 60+ years. Now for that project, Albanian government is building a highway towards Kosovo only and again only because of political reasons... They've waited for kosovo to gain independence in order to star a highway route ( ! ) . This is a total crap.. And that route is totally isolated as you wont get an access towards Serbia which is a route towards middle and west Europe (MKD is connected by highway route E-75 towards Belgrade) and again I don't see any interest from our side as only Albania loses because will remain isolated! They've should start the route towards MKD as now there is a problem from their side they wont start this route so Macedonia again has no interest to start it as well, and we have priority route thats E-75.
So in order Albania to overcame that isolated position they need to start those routes as they are intended to cooperate with Kosovo with a political project which is not strategic...
And as long as Kosovo has build up that 35 km because of political but not strategic point, MKD has a whole 200km E-75 route (only 25 are missing). Priority for Kosovo is towards the regional hub even for Kosovo's population that's Skopje. So as long as after this project kosovo's budget will be a total mess I think that only kosovo loses as there is no highway to Skopje, our priority is E-75 which is 95% completed.
__________________
Brexit is a disaster for Europe because of the English language itself!

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS

Last edited by Junkie; October 13th, 2011 at 01:48 AM.
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #533
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Ok we don't need comparisons about stuff that Kosovo is a mega country that build up a 30 km for 15 months (!)... Macedonia has all that highways and infrastructure like regional roads that are not comparable with Albanian one country which was isolated for 60+ years. Now for that project, Albanian government is building a highway towards Kosovo only and again only because of political reasons... They've waited for kosovo to gain independence in order to star a highway route ( ! ) . This is a total crap.. And that route is totally isolated as you wont get an access towards Serbia which is a route towards middle and west Europe (MKD is connected by highway route E-75 towards Belgrade) and again I don't see any interest from our side as only Albania loses because will remain isolated! They've should start the route towards MKD as now there is a problem from their side they wont start this route so Macedonia again has no interest to start it as well, and we have priority route thats E-75.
So in order Albania to overcame that isolated position they need to start those routes as they are intended to cooperate with Kosovo with a political project which is not strategic...
And as long as Kosovo has build up that 35 km because of political but not strategic point, MKD has a whole 200km E-75 route (only 25 are missing). Priority for Kosovo is towards the regional hub even for Kosovo's population that's Skopje. So as long as after this project kosovo's budget will be a total mess I think that only kosovo loses as there is no highway to Skopje, our priority is E-75 which is 95% completed.
I think somehow you are wrong... This original highway was thought up way back before the 90's and the plan was to link up Albania with Belgrade but Enver Hoxha and his regime government had a fall out with the Yugoslavs and the project was never implemented... Kosovo's original plan was to build the motorway from Vermice to Merdare at the Serbian border in hope that the Serbs would one day link Kosovo to the Pan-European Corridor X from Nis.... Regardless of no interess from Serbia, Kosovo will extend the motorway 20km close to the border with Serbia as a future proof measurement when things calm with Serbia and the two countries wish to coorporate... The motorway will finish in Prishtina's northern village of Besi.

Albania did not do this for political reasons but purerly for economic gain from both countries.
- Albania receives more tourists from Albania and parts of other countries neighbouring Kosovo.
- Albania also plans to give the Shengjin Port to Kosovo solely for our use with no concession or tax.

This has nothing to do with uniting Albania and Kosovo into a single institution or a country as some are led to believe.

In conclusion... Because Macedonia has shown interest to build their 20km of motorway to the border, Kosovo will not need to wait for Serbia and will just build a Motorway to Macedonia instead.... I am very skeptical about the timing of the project. but believe this project will be a reality one day.

Last edited by shpirtkosova; October 13th, 2011 at 05:27 PM.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #534
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED
 
Illyrian_Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Ok we don't need comparisons about stuff that Kosovo is a mega country that build up a 30 km for 15 months (!)... Macedonia has all that highways and infrastructure like regional roads that are not comparable with Albanian one country which was isolated for 60+ years. Now for that project, Albanian government is building a highway towards Kosovo only and again only because of political reasons... They've waited for kosovo to gain independence in order to star a highway route ( ! ) . This is a total crap.. And that route is totally isolated as you wont get an access towards Serbia which is a route towards middle and west Europe (MKD is connected by highway route E-75 towards Belgrade) and again I don't see any interest from our side as only Albania loses because will remain isolated! They've should start the route towards MKD as now there is a problem from their side they wont start this route so Macedonia again has no interest to start it as well, and we have priority route thats E-75.
So in order Albania to overcame that isolated position they need to start those routes as they are intended to cooperate with Kosovo with a political project which is not strategic...
And as long as Kosovo has build up that 35 km because of political but not strategic point, MKD has a whole 200km E-75 route (only 25 are missing). Priority for Kosovo is towards the regional hub even for Kosovo's population that's Skopje. So as long as after this project kosovo's budget will be a total mess I think that only kosovo loses as there is no highway to Skopje, our priority is E-75 which is 95% completed.
The durres-kukes highway was one of the few smart things that the albanian goverment has done . Although it costed around 1 billion euros , it will give much more in return . The import/export ratio with kosova has been 10x more this year than some years ago , and every year there are about 600.000 albanians of kosovo that have their holidays in albania .So the benefits are economical and political of course .

A person now from Tirana can be in Prizren in 1,30-2 hours , and when the kosovo motorway finishes , one can be in Tirana from prishtina or visa versa in less than 3 hours . 4 years ago you needed 10-12 .

As for albania-macedonia . The albanian goverment is building a 40 km motorway that will connect Elbasan to Tirana , the cost of it is around 400 million euros , and it will be completed in 2 years from now . So that will reduce the time that a person from macedonia would need to travel to Tirana by 1,30 hour at least .
Illyrian_Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #535
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
- Albania receives more tourists from Albania and parts of other countries neighbouring Kosovo.
what other countries?
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #536
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
what other countries?
Serbia and Macedonia... Macedonia is the second biggest country Albania receives tourists from. Albanians and some Serbs in southern Serbia also spend their holidays in Albania... You will be suprised how many Serbs, Greeks, Macedonians and other western Europeans you will meet in the Albanian sea in the summer... Aside from the sea resorts Albania has so much history and museums to see. Albania received more than 3 million tourists from abroad including the Albanian diaspora.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #537
Filipdr
Registered User
 
Filipdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 191
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Serbia and Macedonia... Macedonia is the second biggest country Albania receives tourists from. Albanians and some Serbs in southern Serbia also spend their holidays in Albania... You will be suprised how many Serbs, Greeks, Macedonians and other western Europeans you will meet in the Albanian sea in the summer... Aside from the sea resorts Albania has so much history and museums to see. Albania received more than 3 million tourists from abroad including the Albanian diaspora.
I have never seen or heard a Serb that spent his holiday in Albania...

P.S: When my friend was in Montenegro, an Albanian group attacked him, he rain into his car and drove as fast as he could. They have started to throw eggs at his car and destroyed his windshield as well as his car paint. And that was in Montenegro...

Serbs don't go to Albania, they are even avoiding Kosovo...

But let's not get off topic too much.

Last edited by Filipdr; October 14th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #538
FijuBriju
Registered User
 
FijuBriju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 1,386
Likes (Received): 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipdr View Post
I have never seen or heard a Serb that spent his holiday in Albania...

P.S: When my friend was in Montenegro, an Albanian group attacked him, he rain into his car and drove as fast as he could. They have started to throw eggs at his car and destroyed his windshield as well as his car paint. And that was in Montenegro...

Serbs don't go to Albania, they are even avoiding Kosovo...

But let's not get off topic too much.

I am sorry for what happened to your friend although I am not sure what was the cause of this experience. However, the facts are that most of tourists into Albania come through border crossings with Kosovo (thanks to the new highway), border crossings with Montenegro, Greece (here are mostly foreign non-Balkanic tourists touring through Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece and/or vice versa) and border crossings with Macedonia from where lots of non-Albanian Macedonians come together with others, mainly Serbs, who visit Albania going through Macedonia as a primar destination or who take short trips to Albanian from Ohrid which seems to popular among Serbs. (http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7003/2/ http://www.bim.ba/en/124/10/11797/).
__________________
Animal Rights in Albania, NOW!

http://www.wix.com/aranow/aranow

Animal Medical Care Foundation

http://www.animalmedicalcarefoundation.com/kosovo.html
FijuBriju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #539
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Serbia and Macedonia... Macedonia is the second biggest country Albania receives tourists from. Albanians and some Serbs in southern Serbia also spend their holidays in Albania... You will be suprised how many Serbs, Greeks, Macedonians and other western Europeans you will meet in the Albanian sea in the summer... Aside from the sea resorts Albania has so much history and museums to see. Albania received more than 3 million tourists from abroad including the Albanian diaspora.
I would be surprised, because I am sure that not lot of Serbs spend their vacations in Albania. However you may be right for one day excursion from Ohrid.
Macedonia and Macedonians are another story
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #540
Filipdr
Registered User
 
Filipdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 191
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijuBriju View Post
I am sorry for what happened to your friend although I am not sure what was the cause of this experience. However, the facts are that most of tourists into Albania come through border crossings with Kosovo (thanks to the new highway), border crossings with Montenegro, Greece (here are mostly foreign non-Balkanic tourists touring through Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece and/or vice versa) and border crossings with Macedonia from where lots of non-Albanian Macedonians come together with others, mainly Serbs, who visit Albania going through Macedonia as a primar destination or who take short trips to Albanian from Ohrid which seems to popular among Serbs. (http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7003/2/ http://www.bim.ba/en/124/10/11797/).
Yes but those are very short trips and are not so usual...

And the cause of the experience was very clear. Albanians hate Serbs. And Serbs hate Albanians because of that...

This is not the case with me. I don't hate anyone.
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
macedonia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium