daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #61
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

Macedonian road infrastructure is still better than Bulgarian and Romanian one, far far better than Albanian one. But seems that we have other problems in our society so Bulgaria and Romania jumped us by the time. Anyway nice to hear that the rest part of E-75 between Demir Kapija and Smokvica is going to be finished.
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #62
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

i'm affraid that you're not right about romanian and (especially) bulgarian road infrastructure comparing it with macedonian
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #63
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

^ Why not? They have more motorways than Bulgaria, considering their sizes, and more motorways than the whole Romania.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM   #64
x-type
con los terroristas

i know, but Bulgaria is reconstrusting their old motorways and it's making them really modern, while macedonian don't. M1 still mostly waits to be reconstructed, and signs are in bad condition. new motorways are, of course, good.
Old July 19th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #65
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

^ Ok, but the pavement is mostly ok; isn't that the most important thing?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #66
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i know, but Bulgaria is reconstrusting their old motorways and it's making them really modern, while macedonian don't. M1 still mostly waits to be reconstructed, and signs are in bad condition. new motorways are, of course, good.
Well Bulgaria and Romania are EU members and have luck with that. Macedonia has more problems to solve than whole region has. Before 20-25 years Bulgaria, Romania and even Greece were damn far far behind us.
Old July 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #67
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18771

A friend from ex-yugoslavia compared like this the roads in Bulgaria and those in former yugoslavia(excluding Slovenia and Croatia). The good roads in Bulgaria are a lot better than the goods roads in Serbia , Macedonia and BiH, but the bad roads in Bulgaria are worst than the bad roads in Serbia, Macedonia and BiH.
Pretty well said.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #68
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
A friend from ex-yugoslavia compared like this the roads in Bulgaria and those in former yugoslavia(excluding Slovenia and Croatia). The good roads in Bulgaria are a lot better than the goods roads in Serbia , Macedonia and BiH, but the bad roads in Bulgaria are worst than the bad roads in Serbia, Macedonia and BiH.
Pretty well said.
You´ve probably never driven on current Serbian roads. They are way better than most Bulgarian nationalroads and I can post pics to confirm what I say. The asphalt of the new nationalroad Nis Sofia is very good, smooth, hard. The roadmarkings of that road havn´t faded out AT ALL, however the roadmarkings of the 8 months newer roadstretch Dragoman Sofia have almost completely faded out, the asphalt feels more like a rollercoaster and not safe at all. Hmm, I don´t think that new Bulgarian raods are better than new Serbian and Macedonian ones at all. There are some exceptions which are built by prestigious foreign companies. And the best Bugarian raods are built by Macedonaian companies anyway. And by Italian ones.
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #69
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18771

Do you read what someone else wrote before actually replying ? I bet i have seen a lot more of the Serbian and ex-yugoslavian roads than you have seen from both Serbia and Bulgaria, but that is not the theme here. I quoted a friend who lives in Croatia and travels a lot all across the Balkans from Skopje to Sofia, Zagreb, Belgrade and Sarajevo. Either way , i know that Struma and E 79 are the only piece of roads you have seen in Bulgaria , and thus they are the crème de' le' crème ...
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #70
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Well Bulgaria and Romania are EU members and have luck with that. Macedonia has more problems to solve than whole region has. Before 20-25 years Bulgaria, Romania and even Greece were damn far far behind us.
are there some new pisc from M1? i know only some older ones (few years old) which showed bad condition. maybe now things are changed. i'm especially interested into Tabanovce - Skopje section and one where left and right road stretch and don't go parallely.
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #71
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Pretty well said.
No way man, no way. Your country first of all is unclean, second your infrastructure is in bad condition and third you suffer from communism even today. Only the area near the Black Sea has made some progress.
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #72
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

All Eastern Europe still suffers from communist legacy
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:39 AM   #73
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Are these some new pictures?
yes because of the white lines, per EU standards.
OettingerCroat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:41 AM   #74
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
Fine roads, and jawdropping nature. Those mountains are breathtaking :O . You have great wealth in your natural scenery.

totally agree...
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:44 AM   #75
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Quote:
You should be carefull while driving on the Macedonian Motorways ...

SO funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgplayer19 View Post
Wow that "names" that they call each other look really similar to ours !
and ours too!
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:07 PM   #76
vardar

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post

Well M1 is being reconstructed as we speak, nowhere near the intensity that you'd see in Croatia or Poland but they've been working on all the bridges and next year a large segment (not specified yet) is expected to get a new top-layer (and hopefully signage) as it desperately needs it. The elections have slowed things down cos this year the last segment to the Serbian border was supposed to be built (or atleast start construction) and there was to be a tender for the last 30KMS in the south but...

Regarding whose highways are better I dont think theres a big difference, im talking about new highways BTW (although i havent had the honour to test The Struma so i could be wrong )

I think far more important is that we still have large chunks to build (corridor 8 which seems to be put on the back burner by all 3 countries)
vardar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM   #77
x-type
con los terroristas

it's good that M1 is being repaired and i hope for new signs and signalization, too!
Old July 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #78
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

BY RANDOMMM

12 of the 26 kilometers of the northern bypass of Skopje are open for traffic since few days ago

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #79
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Why French on the signs?
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #80
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2537

Macedonian road infrastructure still keeps surprising me.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
macedonia