daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:29 AM   #881
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
In 2016 we'll have motorway completed in Serbia and Macedonia, but Greeks don't have any plan for stretch Evzoni-Thessaloniki- that will be only 1+1 part of CX.
They don't have it because of political reasons. And they've already upgraded the route from Alexandropoulos to Igoumenitsa!

But MK border to Solun is only about 70km or so.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS

Last edited by Junkie; August 2nd, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:05 AM   #882
Almopos
Pacta sunt servanda

Likes (Received): 2563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
They don't have it because of political reasons.
If that were true why would the Greek government have provided funds to Serbia and FYROM to upgrade Corridor 10 in the past.

As a result of the economic downturn traffic volumes on the Greek part of Corridor 10 have gone back dramatically and for that reason no decission has been taken to upgrade it to a motorway.

However, a small part of 15 km of Corridor 10 from the Greek border until the Polykastro interchange has motorway characteristics. After that it is a 1X1 road with an extended service lane on the right. From the Halastra interchange until it combines with A2 it is a motorway again.
Almopos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:16 AM   #883
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1751

Quote:
Lucky you!
But when you arrive on any SRB, ALB, MK, BG or TR custom, save that banknote, cause it will be part of your passport
It was actual more than ten years ago. I have crossed those borders many times and also have not paid anything in addition.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM   #884
volodaaaa

Quote:
Lucky you!
But when you arrive on any SRB, ALB, MK, BG or TR custom, save that banknote, cause it will be part of your passport
It was actual more than ten years ago. I have crossed those borders many times and also have not paid anything in addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almopos View Post
However, a small part of 15 km of Corridor 10 from the Greek border until the Polykastro interchange has motorway characteristics. After that it is a 1X1 road with an extended service lane on the right. From the Halastra interchange until it combines with A2 it is a motorway again.
I know that road and think it is enough adequate for traffic. The most important feature of that road is you can easily and safely overtake other cars, since the road is enough wide.

Old August 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #885
Macedonicus
Student

Likes (Received): 14

The minister of Transport said that the Pay-Tolls can be paid with eurocoins aswell.

Mapping Macedonia
Macedonicus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #886
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61694

Skopje-Veles highway

PhirgataZFs1694, Zaz965 liked this post
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #887
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

PhirgataZFs1694, gogo3o, Moravian, Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #888
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

New photos of the construction works on the Demir Kapija - Smokvica section of E75 (Corridor 10)

by kultuzin

Old August 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #889
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macedonicus View Post
The minister of Transport said that the Pay-Tolls can be paid with eurocoins aswell.
Traveled this summer through Macedonia and of course I did not get any local currency since I was only passing through and not leaving the highway. But at the pay toll they only accepted euro in letters and not coins. And they only gave back local currency.

A waste of the local currency since you will not be needing it anymore and the total sum of the paying was 4 euro. So leaving macedonia you had 60 denar I think that you had to throw in the garbage.
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #890
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1531

The idea is that - since you now have Denars - you're more likely to stop at a gas station and purchase something.
Lum Lumi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM   #891
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
Traveled this summer through Macedonia and of course I did not get any local currency since I was only passing through and not leaving the highway. But at the pay toll they only accepted euro in letters and not coins. And they only gave back local currency.

A waste of the local currency since you will not be needing it anymore and the total sum of the paying was 4 euro. So leaving macedonia you had 60 denar I think that you had to throw in the garbage.
The same here.

Yesterday I arrived from the holiday in Greece and Macedonia totally drove me crazy.

During my journey there, I also did not get any denars, since it had been common in Macedonia to pay with Euro on patarinas.

This year the worker on patarina asked me to pay in denars which I obviously did not have. So I asked him to accept Euro. He insist on giving him exactly one 5 euro banknote. I told him I had not got any and gave him 20 euro banknote. He gave me back 3x 5 euro banknotes and some denars. I was a bit nervous because I suspected inconvinient exchange rate but the worker made me sure, that I have to pay in those denars on next patarinas and that it is the exact value for journey there and back. I got calm a bit since I thought it was good idea.

But here is the reality: The fee to pay in the last patarina was 50 MKD but I had only 30 MKD. It is good to point out that I had not pay anything except patarinas in MKD. Of course the worker at last patarina refused anything but 5 eur banknote and denars. I had to pay by credit cards.

And I would not like to talk about border police. The policeman has queue of 40 cars and he is reading my passport like it is interesting newspaper.

Good old Serbs.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:28 PM   #892
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopje/Скопје View Post
Skopje-Veles highway

Great view.

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #893
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Finally! This section was in really bad condition, so I'm very happy to read this announcement:

Reconstruction of highway Veles-Katlanovo with length of 23 kilometers

The highway section Veles-Katlanovo with length of 23.5 km will be prepared for rehabilitation activities. The call for construction has been announced on the official website of the European Union, under the IPA Regional Development Component regarding the transportation.

The deadline for submission of bids is December 2nd this year and the period for performance of works is one year. The contractor that will be selected needs to provide rehabilitation under previously prepared basic design, meeting the technical standards and quality requirements and criteria in terms of the environment. The works will include activities to rehabilitate and rebuild roads and levees, replacing signaling and marking the path.

It is a complete reconstruction of pavement along the entire length of the section, setting new edges and protectors, set a new advanced horizontal and vertical signaling networks for protection against landslides and rehabilitation canals for rainwater and groundwater. This should provide increased security when traveling, shortening the travel time, and should reduce maintenance costs of vehicles that pass by that section.

In the following days will be published and a public call for the election of a company that will supervise the construction work.

Last year was rehabilitated the highway section Katlanovo-Veles. In this section was performed reconstruction that included repavement of asphalt, placing contemporary horizontal signaling, making completely new edges, network protection from landslides and setting up more than 230 signs in vertical position along the section.

With this project, along the construction of Tabanovce-Kumanovo section, and the construction of a new motorway section Demir Kapija-Smokvica, which is underway in the coming years, through Macedonia will extend a modern highway, which is part of the international Corridor 10, in accordance with European and international standards.

To the public call for construction to rehabilitation of highway Veles-Katlanovo you can access via the link http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOT...:EN:HTML&src=0

Zaz965 liked this post
Old September 5th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #894
maciek9207

Likes (Received): 158

M3 and M4 (without ring road): M1 - Skopje - M1

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
maciek9207 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #895
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

42° 2' 6.51" N 21° 28' 39.00" E

volodaaaa, PhirgataZFs1694, Zaz965 liked this post
Old September 21st, 2013, 08:32 PM   #896
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Tetovo-Gostivar motorway

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:42 PM   #897
Autobahnftw

Likes (Received): 7

Is there still talk about motorway from Gostivar to Struga?
Autobahnftw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:44 PM   #898
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Yes. Actually, these days the prime minister announced in the media that in the next few years the government will built a motorway from Kichevo to Ohrid (I guess that due to the mountainous terrain the motorway will not continue from Gostivar to Ohrid or Struga, so Gostivar-Kichevo will remain a road with three or two lanes), and also a motorway from Veles to Shtip.

Both motorway should be finished till 2018, if everything goes well.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:58 AM   #899
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

Correction from Skopje to Shtip via Sv. Nikole on a completely new route, not Veles - Shtip along the existing road.

Also I think that the segment between Gostivar and Kichevo is more important than the one from Kichevo to Ohrid because of the very bad road and Strazha mountain pass. I think this route even has a prepared project so if they have any common sense they will start with this section along with the 20km motorway in Ohrid region where the terrain is easy to build on.
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #900
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Road to Galicnik, Bistra mountain

image hosted on flickr

Tags
macedonia