daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #941
maciek9207

Likes (Received): 158

The last video from Macedonia. M-1/A-1 from border with Greece to Skopje (Interchange M-3/A-3).

Skopje/Скопје, piotr71 liked this post
maciek9207 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2013, 11:16 PM   #942
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61792

by Danielbtmk
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:36 AM   #943
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Taking my hat off...

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #944
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

Nothing to applaud for... We still have those old communist lights along the main route, road signs etc... but also over aged pay tolls and equipment. I would not talk about the corruption in the state department who maintain the infrastructure. And yet this is the main international corridor so all other routes are in a very bad condition.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #945
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Nothing to applaud for... We still have those old communist lights along the main route, road signs etc... but also over aged pay tolls and equipment. I would not talk about the corruption in the state department who maintain the infrastructure. And yet this is the main international corridor so all other routes are in a very bad condition.
I have driven several times through Macedonia on E75 and don't think it is so bad. The only thing is old road marking, which is very dangerous and confusing (e.g. on places where was former end of motorway in past are still lines leading you to the wrong direction through the crash barriers).

And I have one wild experience: was driving on empty motorway calmly at 120 kmh near Kumanovo. I was in right lane when passing the light right curve. And suddenly there were shopping basket in the middle of left lane

Old December 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #946
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Are they planning to build the hard shoulders where they are missing?
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #947
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

I don't think so, at least not in the mountainous parts of the highways where isn't enough space for that and it's too expensive.

Zaz965 liked this post
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #948
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

-deleted-

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by Skopje/Скопје; December 15th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #949
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I have driven several times through Macedonia on E75 and don't think it is so bad. The only thing is old road marking, which is very dangerous and confusing (e.g. on places where was former end of motorway in past are still lines leading you to the wrong direction through the crash barriers).

And I have one wild experience: was driving on empty motorway calmly at 120 kmh near Kumanovo. I was in right lane when passing the light right curve. And suddenly there were shopping basket in the middle of left lane
I know many incidents where dogs have been hit by cars, when attempting to cross the highway lanes. So fences are just cut somewhere and they are also pretty old. I myself have seen such situation in Serbia also. Balkan

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #950
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:

That was not funny. Ordinary trap of criminals and robbers. They leave used tyre, dog, or something on the road, and when you damadge your car, they are there in 5 mins to offer their help and to steal anything they can from your car.
During summer holidays you can see that scum on SRB, MK and roas of neighbouring countries.
On Fridays, they are on the rest area before Milano, cause they know that people go there for shopping.
Golden rule: at rest stops, don't leave your car out of your sight.
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #951
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

There are also Gypsies lieing on the road to make you think they need help. If you see one, just floor it and you see him running like hell!!!

johnnyboy55, Corvinus liked this post
bzbox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #952
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
That was not funny. Ordinary trap of criminals and robbers. They leave used tyre, dog, or something on the road, and when you damadge your car, they are there in 5 mins to offer their help and to steal anything they can from your car.
During summer holidays you can see that scum on SRB, MK and roas of neighbouring countries.
On Fridays, they are on the rest area before Milano, cause they know that people go there for shopping.
An acquiatance of mine found a wooden log on the left lane on the E-75 in Serbia between Belgrade and the Croatian border.

I've heard of scammers puncturing tyres of cars parked in "Autogrill" in Italy and later they offer "help" and rob their victims. This is a real crime because if you enter the motorway with a flat tyre (you may realize it after few hundred meters you drive) you can't control well your car and cause a deadly accident.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #953
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

I must say that I never met any story about all of the above mentioned cases in the Macedonian media. And that is something that a man would remember when he will read about it. I'm not trying to say that things like that never happened, but for me is highly unlikely to happen in the last few years.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #954
johnnyboy55
Ping Pong

Likes (Received): 39

it's good to mention that start of works on Miladinovci - Shtip and Kichevo - Ohrid will start until end of Q1 2014. Also pay toll boots will be modernize and new pay system will be introduce? Guys from MK please provide more information in English Tnx!
johnnyboy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #955
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy55 View Post
it's good to mention that start of works on Miladinovci - Shtip and Kichevo - Ohrid will start until end of Q1 2014.
Well, so far in the media I've read that the construction of the both of the highways will start in the first quarter of 2014...

Quote:
Also pay toll boots will be modernize and new pay system will be introduce?
Yes, the tender is still open (till the end of 2013), and we will know the best offer probably till the end of February 2014.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #956
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
An acquiatance of mine found a wooden log on the left lane on the E-75 in Serbia between Belgrade and the Croatian border.

I've heard of scammers puncturing tyres of cars parked in "Autogrill" in Italy and later they offer "help" and rob their victims. This is a real crime because if you enter the motorway with a flat tyre (you may realize it after few hundred meters you drive) you can't control well your car and cause a deadly accident.
This is maybe a case, but still those countries have far better road infrastructure than the Balkan region including MK. You have so many relatively small countries, and cases where sometimes you lost 10 hours in order to pass some 200 km, I will point to an example from MK to Albania. All those political issues between everything what has been happening here is very bad and such issues like more investments and more cooperation between states for better road infrastructure are very low or not happening, so probabilities this things to be overcome and also going very slow.

BEEN IN:
Old December 20th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #957
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
Oh really? So I had luck then...

Well, there is a Czechoslovak site about "Greece by car" with some instructions how to drive to trough respective countries. Some cases about robberies were well described there. I absolved a road trip to Greece to Serbia first time by myself (and my fiancée who is not a driver) and I was indeed a little bit afraid.

Personally, i like people from Balkan. All my friend from there as well as people I've been in contact with were very very very kind and polite. But I have still great respect on driving in these countries at night.

It may sounds a little bit paranoid (maybe it was due to my first experience) but we never left our car out of the sight, never let stuff visible in car through windows and my fiancée even omitted to make her up. We were also waiting each other in front of toilettes when one of us had the need.

But during day, I feel totally safe. Major roads, those I was driving on, were in sufficient quality.

Btw. when I was with my parents first time in Macedonia, local dogs almost attacked us on unmarked roadside rest area. I was really surprised how fast they can run. I was shifting up to fourth gear, driving at 60 and the dogs were still pursuing us

Old December 20th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #958
Sponsor

del
Sponsor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #959
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Oh really? So I had luck then...

Well, there is a Czechoslovak site about "Greece by car" with some instructions how to drive to trough respective countries. Some cases about robberies were well described there. I absolved a road trip to Greece to Serbia first time by myself (and my fiancée who is not a driver) and I was indeed a little bit afraid.

Personally, i like people from Balkan. All my friend from there as well as people I've been in contact with were very very very kind and polite. But I have still great respect on driving in these countries at night.

It may sounds a little bit paranoid (maybe it was due to my first experience) but we never left our car out of the sight, never let stuff visible in car through windows and my fiancée even omitted to make her up. We were also waiting each other in front of toilettes when one of us had the need.

But during day, I feel totally safe. Major roads, those I was driving on, were in sufficient quality.

Btw. when I was with my parents first time in Macedonia, local dogs almost attacked us on unmarked roadside rest area. I was really surprised how fast they can run. I was shifting up to fourth gear, driving at 60 and the dogs were still pursuing us
In fact this is the real picture how foreigners see us. And btw when someone goes to road trip or pass by in western European states, hardly it will be so 'paranoid' about such things during the trip. But the facts are, crime is far higher in those states then in the Balkan region. And its obvious why, especially pointing to the old regime here. In fact maybe we have at least non comparably worse road infrastructure, but the crime is definitely lower then in the western states.

BEEN IN:
Old December 20th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #960
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
In fact this is the real picture how foreigners see us. And btw when someone goes to road trip or pass by in western European states, hardly it will be so 'paranoid' about such things during the trip. But the facts are, crime is far higher in those states then in the Balkan region. And its obvious why, especially pointing to the old regime here. In fact maybe we have at least non comparably worse road infrastructure, but the crime is definitely lower then in the western states.
Personally, I do not believe in those small petrol stations and roadside rest areas in Macedonia. Resting on huge OMV petrol station in Serbia near Beograd is something else. Or maybe it is because I always end up driving through Macedonia at night, when the traffic is obviously low and I get that unpleasant feeling being on road alone

But don't worry about reputation. We had been always thieves for Austrians living near borders and now they like us, because it is very popular here to shop around there. Macedonia has huge potential indeed.

Tags
macedonia