daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 5th, 2014, 12:16 AM   #1321
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

In 10 years A2 is going to completed all the way from Skopje to Struga and A1 too.But i don't know about any new motorway which is going to be U/C soon.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #1322
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

Should be A1-Prilep at least the frist part just near Pletvar overpass!

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 01:14 AM   #1323
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61724

The media yesterday announced that an expressway Shtip-Radovish will be built in near future. The expressway will be 35 km long, and most of it will be new route. On this link there is a video (in Macedonian language) with the CEO of the State agency for roads where he speaks about this news, and there are also few shots from the construction of the Veles-Kadrifakovo expressway.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #1324
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
EBRD Approves EUR 305 Million for the Railroad to Bulgaria and New Roads

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has approved the total of EUR 305 million for Macedonia - EUR 145 million for the construction of the second stage of the railroad to Bulgaria, and EUR 160 million for the National Roads program.

"The funds were obtained under exceptionally favorable conditions, same as the previous two credits - the period of payment was set to 15 years with a grace period of 4 years and an interest rate which currently stands at 1.15%," Macedonia's Finance Minister Zoran Stavreski said.

The EBRD has approved EUR 160 million for the National Roads Program. This project is part of the government's policy on improving the quality of road infrastructure in Macedonia and will be implemented by the Public Enterprise for State Roads.

- See more at: http://www.independent.mk/articles/1....fPmt8Ut1.dpuf
According this article (in Macedonian language), an expressway Ohrid-Peshtani will be built with a length of 14.5 km, and a highway from Struga to Trebenishta (8.5 km). Also, it's confirmed that the road Shtip-Kochani will be upgraded to an expressway with a length of 26 km.
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #1325
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

There's also some kind of express way from Ohrid in direction Peshtani. I guess they just expand that road?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #1326
jyvation
Скопје

Likes (Received): 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
There's also some kind of express way from Ohrid in direction Peshtani. I guess they just expand that road?
No
Completely new expressway beside the old one.Here is the layout Pestani-border with Albania.

[IMG]http://oi58.************/qsqssj.jpg[/IMG]
jyvation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #1327
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Yes, you're right, so this is a kind of confusing even for me... There is possibility this expressway to be on a new route, in order to relax the traffic on the old one during summer season, because that section is with congested traffic.

Edit: I see jyvation already answered you.
Old November 13th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #1328
jyvation
Скопје

Toll stations modernization agreement to be signed Thursday

Turkish company Aselsan is supposed to install electronic toll collection system and to modernize toll stations along Corridor 10 in 18 months.

The agreement is to be signed Thursday by representatives of Aselsan and the Macedonian Public Enterprise for State Roads, in the presence of Vice PM and Finance Minister Zoran Stavreski.

The investment totals EUR 18,7 million, EUR 15 million of which are provided by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the remaining funding is from the state Budget.

The project is expected to result in faster vehicles flow, to prevent avoiding to pay toll and prevent car lines, especially during summer period.

Electronic collection will be enabled by microwave transponders and smart cards. The system will also categorize vehicles. The projects also stipulates reconstruction, expansion and modernization of the five existing toll stations along Corridor 10: Romanovce, Petrovec, Sopot, Otovica and Gradsko.

http://english.republika.mk/?p=134047

definitivo liked this post
Old November 14th, 2014, 01:36 AM   #1329
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyvation View Post
No
Completely new expressway beside the old one.
Really? I meant the stretch from Ohrid to Shipokno. It's not that great, but seems to be ok if a few bridges were built. From Shipokno onwards to Pestani a new road has to be built. There's simply no space for it.

Quote:
Here is the layout Pestani-border with Albania.

[IMG]http://oi58.************/qsqssj.jpg[/IMG]
Oh, interesting! That's quite a good project. The road from Pestani to the border (and that insane place called Sveti Naum ) is in quite good condition, but it's curvy and quite steep in some parts. Would be great to see a new road there. Will boost tourism to Sveti Naum even more

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #1330
jyvation
Скопје

A1 section Gradsko-Prilep

[IMG]http://oi59.************/4t1pau.jpg[/IMG]

Construction of Prilep-Gradsko express road begins next year

European Bank for Reconstruction and Development has secured additional 42 million EUR for the construction of a new road between Prilep and Gradsko, which would help provide a more direct link between the Macedonian capital Skopje and the main North * South highway Corridor 10, and the energy and agriculture hub region of Pelagonija.

Vice Prime Minister and Finance Minister Zoran Stavreski said that work will start next year and would bypass one of the most dangerous terrain in Macedonia.

In the next five or six months we hope to finish the process of expropriation of property and then we will start the construction bid immediately. I expect that work on the road will begin by the end of summer. The road will have two lanes in each direction, with total length of 12 meters. Parts of it will be expansion of the existing road, but at the most dangerous part of the old road we will build a completely new lane, Stavreski said.

Pelagonija, with the cities of Bitola and Prilep, is cut off the Corridor 10 highway, connected only through the Prilep * Gradsko road which is famously hazardous during the Winter. Vice Prime Minister Stavreski said that this major improvement of the existing road will be finished in 24 months.

http://english.republika.mk/?p=135341

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
Old November 28th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #1331
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
The road will have two lanes in each direction, with total length of 12 meters
That is too narrow for 4 lanes...
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #1332
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

Maybe they plan to build it as a 2+1 road?
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #1333
jyvation
Скопје

Quote:
Originally Posted by čarli View Post
That is too narrow for 4 lanes...
Yes..Some kind of stupid concept of expressway with 2X3.25m and 2X2.0m
Old November 29th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #1334
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

Many accidents would happen as a result of trying to overtake on these 2 metres wide "half-lanes". If they don't have money for a proper 2+2 road, better they build it as a 2+1 road, as it's a better use of the width and it provides more more opportunities for safe overtaking.

Gubot liked this post
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #1335
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

I think that there is already A1 in Macedonia.The motorway that goes from Kumanovo to Evzoni.I mean what sort of joke is this ?
Old November 29th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #1336
Macedonicus
Student

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
I think that there is already A1 in Macedonia.The motorway that goes from Kumanovo to Evzoni.I mean what sort of joke is this ?
It's not a joke. A1 is also the segment from Prilep to Gradsko. I've studied the Road Classification Agreement and right there it says:

A1: Serbian border (BC Tabanovtsi)-Kumanovo-Veles-Negotino, Demir Kapija-Gevgelija-Greek border (BC Bogoroditsa) and segment Gradsko-Prilep (link to A3)

Mapping Macedonia
Macedonicus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #1337
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

That is just stuppid.They should rename it in some other motorway.

Gubot liked this post
Old November 29th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #1338
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Veles-Prilep time lapse video. On the video you can see the bad condition of the road to Prilep after you leave the highway. This video is older, from May 2013.

Old November 29th, 2014, 10:11 PM   #1339
I17

Likes (Received): 2

Hi , i was in Macedonia many times and i have seen that the streets have many holes and are sloppy, but i wanted to know if the tract Tabanovce-Kumanovo -Skopje will be rebuilt.
[IMG]http://i58.************/xb9sph.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i58.************/23r4kgl.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i59.************/f1msli.png[/IMG]

SRC_100 liked this post
I17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #1340
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Recontsruction of A1 section Kumanovo-Miladinovci should start next year.

Tags
macedonia