daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 18th, 2015, 05:30 PM   #1361
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

I think that Veles-Kadrifakovo is 2 x 2,and this road looks like 1x1 with hard shoulders.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2015, 07:11 PM   #1362
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

No, this can only be Veles-Shtip. This road is exactly the crazy format commented here. The new highway between Skopje and Shtip is still on an early stage of construction (ground works) and it is too early for asphalt.
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 07:25 PM   #1363
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

There is no such road as "Veles-Shtip"which is U/C.Curently one expressway is U/C between Veles and Kadrifakovo .
Map:

Moravian liked this post
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:03 PM   #1364
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

Oh, give me a break, please! I doubt that you are more informed about road construction in Macedonia than me. It is my home country and yes, Veles-Kadrifakovo is a part of Veles-Shtip!

Junkie, definitivo, johnnyboy55, MichiH liked this post
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 09:45 PM   #1365
edis_mumin

Likes (Received): 794

When you expect completing of Veles - Kadrifakovo section? I'm in Veles a few times per year, so I will take a timelapse video next time?
edis_mumin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 12:53 AM   #1366
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61793

Officially, the construction works should've ended in February 2014. But...

Type: Expressway. Location: Sections: Veles - Kadrifakovo. Financing: PESR own funds. Start date of works: 02.2013. Intended completion date: 02.2014.

source
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 09:52 AM   #1367
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Skopje-Veles highway

photo by air360.mk
Old January 21st, 2015, 04:34 PM   #1368
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

I think that this picture was made in 2012 or in 2011 because asphalt doesn't look nice (before reconstruction).
Old January 21st, 2015, 07:37 PM   #1369
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

This company (air360.mk), that uses quadcopters (or drones) for aerial photos and filming, exists from 2014, so I believe that the photo is made the last summer. But it's irrelevant when it was made.
Old January 21st, 2015, 09:31 PM   #1370
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Ok.But asphalt looks older.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:57 PM   #1371
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

A1 all the way from Bogorodica to Tabanovce

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
Old January 24th, 2015, 10:11 PM   #1372
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

A1 Between Skopje and Veles

jyvation liked this post
Old January 28th, 2015, 09:54 AM   #1373
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

I used Google Translate for this article... The original is in Macedonian language.

Quote:
A project for the express road Stip - Kocani is going to be prepared

The existing main road from Stip to Kocani will be upgraded to the level of an express road with two lanes of 3.5 meters and two lanes for stopping by at 2.45 meters. The Agency for State Roads announced public call for selecting a company that will develop the project documentation for the planned section with length of 26 kilometers. The best bidder will be known on February 3.

Besides the preparation of the project documentation, it appears that there are no other significant obstacles for constructing this infrastructure project. For the realization of the express way are provided the necessary funds through recently raised loan of 160 million euros from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. The construction of the planned semi-highway follows the finalization of the reconstruction of the road Veles - Kadrifakovo, which is currently in the third phase of the project implementation.
Old January 28th, 2015, 12:25 PM   #1374
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

What is critical is Gradsko-Prilep!

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 04:30 PM   #1375
MG42

Likes (Received): 72

Is it true that because of the lack of bilateral agreements between Macedonia on the one hand and Albania and Bulgaria on the other the motorway route of Corridor 8 can not be designed and built as a single project linking Albania and Bulgaria? See article "ТЕМА: Македонија и Албанија без договор за автопатот од Коридор 8?!" in build.mk for details.
MG42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 10:14 PM   #1376
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Тhe road Stip-Sveti Nikole [A4e]

photos from davorinj.files.wordpress.com
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:46 AM   #1377
MG42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
Is it true that because of the lack of bilateral agreements between Macedonia on the one hand and Albania and Bulgaria on the other the motorway route of Corridor 8 can not be designed and built as a single project linking Albania and Bulgaria? See article "ТЕМА: Македонија и Албанија без договор за автопатот од Коридор 8?!" in build.mk for details.
Is there anybody out there?
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:59 AM   #1378
instantmalbin

Likes (Received): 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
Personally i do not have the needed information for such a question , what i can give you as an answer and maybe as a different perspective is that Albania is building the Arber Road , which is a 1 x 1 lane national road that includes the tallest bridge in the Balkans and two 2.6 km tunnels ( 1 for each lane ) .

Thus the distance from Tirana to the Macedonian border will be only 70 kms (less than an hour ) , and from Durres port only 100 kms ( aproximately an hour drive ) .

The distance to skopje is also greatly reduced .

MG42 liked this post
instantmalbin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:27 AM   #1379
MG42

Thank you, instantmalbin! The Macedonian article mentioned above says that the two countries do not have political and expert coordination, so Albania will build from Tirana to Debar while Macedonia will build from Kičevo to Struga and therefore Corridor 8 will not have a common connecting point on the Albanian-Macedonian border.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:54 AM   #1380
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

The Macedonian part of the Corridor 8 is stretching from the border with Bulgaria, via the cities Kriva Palanka, Kumanovo, Skopje, Tetovo, Gostivar, Kicevo, Struga, to the Macedonian-Albanian border. Now, for some reason, the Albanian government is forcing the route Tirana-Elbasan-Debar (the last town is in Macedonia, very close to the MK-AL border). As far as I know, the terrain on the route Elbasan (AL) - Debar (MK) is very mountainous and the costs for construction of any type of road or highway are quite bigger that choosing the connection between these neighboring countries via Struga.

Anyway, I don't believe that the Macedonian side will change the route, since the city of Debar has very little significance in economic, cultural and tourist way, while with the route Kicevo-Struga (and the neighboring Ohrid) three cities will be connected, of which Struga and Ohrid have large cultural, economic and tourist significance for our country. The route Kicevo-Struga-Ohrid is already under construction. Also, the route Gostivar-Mavrovo-Debar will pass trough the National park Mavrovo, and will probably destroy much of it's natural beauty, so that is another reason why not to build this road. And, at last, the terrain on the route Gostivar-Mavrovo-Debar is mountainous, and very hard to build a highway.

Also, I believe that irrational politics are being involved in this case, probably on both sides.

Last edited by Skopje/Скопје; February 3rd, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

Tags
macedonia