daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #1401
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

That's planned or at least it was planed. However, it's a long term project as you can see the priority projects on the map above.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:45 AM   #1402
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
Hey fellows......i need your opinion on something:

Bitola is the second largest city of your country........however, there is no motorway connection to other cities (Skopje, Veles or Ohrid for example).
Moreover, in Greece the 14 km stretch of the A27 motorway (Florina-Niki border crossing) is being built, so wouldn't it be a good thought if a motorway (probably Ohrid-Bitola-Niki border crossing) was built on your side???
I don't know......it's just my thought..........please tell me what you think.

Thanks
I think that the main problem is money.Macedonia can't spend that much money on some not so important motorways.They must first connect biggest cities and the areas which are important for a country.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:56 AM   #1403
MG42

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
They must first connect biggest cities and the areas which are important for a country.
Bitola and Prilep are the second and fourth largest in Macedonia, but the Macedonian government currently has no plans to connect them to the motorway network. The entire route Veles - Prilep - Bitola - Ohrid is neglected.

Last edited by MG42; February 8th, 2015 at 02:08 AM.
MG42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 02:18 AM   #1404
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
Bitola and Prilep are the second and fourth largest in Macedonia, but the Macedonian government currently has no plans to connect them to the motorway network. The entire route Veles - Prilep - Bitola - Ohrid is neglected.
And what about Shtip,Struga and Ohrid,are they small ?
Those 3 cities are very important for Macedonia .
Old February 8th, 2015, 02:31 AM   #1405
MG42

IMHO the motorway from Miladinovci to Štip is controversial. This route has no really significant traffic, it has no transit potential as well. Moreover, it somehow duplicates the route of Corridor 10, Štip can be reached from Veles. Bitola, Prilep and Veles are larger than Štip, but they will not be connected by motorway in the foreseeable future.
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:49 PM   #1406
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61752

Quote:
Hey fellows......i need your opinion on something:

Bitola is the second largest city of your country........however, there is no motorway connection to other cities (Skopje, Veles or Ohrid for example).
Moreover, in Greece the 14 km stretch of the A27 motorway (Florina-Niki border crossing) is being built, so wouldn't it be a good thought if a motorway (probably Ohrid-Bitola-Niki border crossing) was built on your side???
I don't know......it's just my thought..........please tell me what you think.

Thanks

In this moment, more important for our economy (and the economies of the both countries) is the railroad connection between Bitola and Thessaloniki, a project that is in process of realization.

There are plans for highway or expressway from Bitola to the border, but I think that it's going to happen in maybe 5 or 10 years.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 02:21 PM   #1407
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Quote:
IMHO the motorway from Miladinovci to Štip is controversial. This route has no really significant traffic, it has no transit potential as well. Moreover, it somehow duplicates the route of Corridor 10, Štip can be reached from Veles. Bitola, Prilep and Veles are larger than Štip, but they will not be connected by motorway in the foreseeable future.
The reason for building A4 is to connect Skopje and Shtip,because they are economicaly very important to FYROM.
Old February 8th, 2015, 05:20 PM   #1408
MG42

The region of Pelagonia is no less important.

Last edited by MG42; February 8th, 2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old February 9th, 2015, 12:16 AM   #1409
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

I think that the Ohrid-Bitola-Veles should become a priority for your goverment. It's a very important route and apart from that, not only your country will be benefited, but also Albania and Kosovo, as this motorway would create a secondary and also fast route to both countries. And i'm sure that the traffic is going to be comparable with the M1 or the M2 motorways, mainly because of Bitola being the second largest city.

Also, are there any planned expressways to the Bulgarian border?
As i can see, the region near the border seems a little bit neglected.......

Please inform me if anything i mentioned is not true.
I'll be waiting for your comments.
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:24 AM   #1410
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

There are plans for building motorway/expressway to Bulgaria,but it's still in early stages and my own opinion is that is going to take a while before they construct that road
Old February 9th, 2015, 02:54 AM   #1411
MG42

Autoputevi kao hobi, the Macedonian government currently has no plans to build a motorway to the Bulgarian border. There are plans for construction of an "express road" from Kumanovo to Deve bair, whose characteristics are not known:

Наместо автопат, кон Бугарија ќе градиме експресен пат
http://www.build.mk/?p=33267

In January 2015, the Macedonian government announced that the width of the first 22 km will be only 12.5 meters:

Се изготвува проектна документација за изградба на експресен пат од Куманово до Бугарија
http://netpress.com.mk/se-izgotvuva-...o-do-bugarija/

As a result of this uncertain situation a few years ago the Bulgarian authorities tacitly abandoned all previous plans for prioritization of the routes from Sofia and Dupnitsa to Kyustendil and Gyueshevo in the near future.

Last edited by MG42; February 9th, 2015 at 03:44 AM.
Old February 11th, 2015, 11:23 PM   #1412
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

Ohrid-Bitola is gonna be hard to build. Also very expensive. Land from Ohrid to Resen is so heavy, even existing road is twisty. Better to build Gradsko-Prilep-Bitola-Medžitlija.
Old February 12th, 2015, 12:56 PM   #1413
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61752

There is a project about the Gradsko-Prilep expressway, and Prilep-Bitola is going to be easy and cheap for construction, since the terrain is flat. There is also a project (more like an idea) to connect Bitola with the border crossing Medžitlija.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 03:16 PM   #1414
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Prilep - Bitola and Bitola - Resen are already an expressway, 1x1 in fact, but that's ok for now.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 11:26 PM   #1415
kostas97

Concerning the road to the Bulgarian border-which I mentioned in a previous post-the traffic won't be dense enough for a motorway......and apart from that, there is also no Bulgarian interest for a motorway/expressway connecting the two countries.
Old February 13th, 2015, 01:11 AM   #1416
MG42

I don't think so. It is true that there is not enough traffic on this route and this is easily explained in historical perspective in the light of the strained relations between Yugoslavia and Bulgaria, the collapse of the communist regimes, etc. However, the view in Bulgaria is that there is a huge potential for development, based both on expectations of further improvement of the bilateral relations between Macedonia and Bulgaria and the assumptions of possible effects of a direct route between Bulgaria and the Adriatic coast. For these reasons, a few years ago the Bulgarian authorities incorporated the upgrading of two routes to the Macedonian border in their general strategy for development of transport infrastructure:

Български приоритети в пътния сектор 2020

http://infrastructure.bg/roads/2011/...a_sektor_2020/

Gubot liked this post

Last edited by MG42; February 13th, 2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old February 13th, 2015, 11:07 PM   #1417
kostas97

Quote:
I don't think so. It is true that there is not enough traffic on this route and this is easily explained in historical perspective in the light of the strained relations between Yugoslavia and Bulgaria, the collapse of the communist regimes, etc. However, the view in Bulgaria is that there is a huge potential for development, based both on expectations of further improvement of the bilateral relations between Macedonia and Bulgaria and the assumptions of possible effects of a direct route between Bulgaria and the Adriatic coast. For these reasons, a few years ago the Bulgarian authorities incorporated the upgrading of two routes to the Macedonian border in their general strategy for development of transport infrastructure:

Български приоритети в пътния сектор 2020

http://infrastructure.bg/roads/2011/...a_sektor_2020/
Yes, the upgrading of both routes is necessary for a lot of reasons. But as I see, Bulgaria seeks connection to the Adriatic mostly via the Burgas-Sofia-Niš-Priština-Durres route and the other route via your country is preety much ignored......isn't that true or not??
Old February 14th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #1418
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Yes, the upgrading of both routes is necessary for a lot of reasons. But as I see, Bulgaria seeks connection to the Adriatic mostly via the Burgas-Sofia-Niš-Priština-Durres route and the other route via your country is preety much ignored......isn't that true or not??
Actually, the higway Nish - border of Kosovo is highway only - in maps. That road is awful, and it seems that it is going to stay like that for some more time. If Bulgaria wants to have good access to Adriatic, than they should build a proper road (expresway or motorway) that would connect them with Macedonia and Adriatic via Corridor VIII.
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 01:03 AM   #1419
MG42

Quote:
Corridor 8 has not lost its importance to Bulgaria yet. Probably the route from Niš to Pristina will not be built very soon because of the tense and unpredictable relations between Serbia and Kosovo. On the other hand in 2013 "Struma" motorway reached the town of Dupnitsa. The remaining distance to the Macedonian border is only about 55 km.
Old February 14th, 2015, 02:52 AM   #1420
kostas97

^

I also think that the Nis-Kosovo border road will remain as it is, i don't see any particular interest (at least from the Serbian side). So, if not considered as an important route by the responsible authorities, this corridor is easily going to lose its interest........that's my thought........

Tags
macedonia