daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:25 PM   #1521
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61693

Well, that's good news.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2015, 07:53 PM   #1522
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

In the last few weeks Skopje's ring road is closed for traffic.

Reason: More than 280 vehicles from Macedonia, as well as 280 drivers have been included in the filming of the French movie 'A Fond' at Skopje's ring road, Telegraf.mk reports.

More: http://m.independent.mk//articles/21...or+Movie+Shoot
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2015, 06:31 PM   #1523
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Most of the citizens of Skopje are pissed off to the authorities that give permission for that. All of the traffic is diverted trough several boulevards in Skopje, and the city is literally paralyzed. I just hope that the French movie isn't shooting some five seconds scene for whole month closed ring road.
Old October 1st, 2015, 01:52 PM   #1524
tasosGR

Likes (Received): 14

Skopje-Stip u/c satelite image

https://browse.digitalglobe.com/imag...geWidth=natres
Old October 1st, 2015, 06:48 PM   #1525
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

More good news - The World Bank approved 83 million Euros for the construction of the road Rankovce-Kriva Palanka. The construction works should start in the spring of 2016. The public tender should be announced soon.

The road has length of 26,5 km and it's going the be 2x2 profile (only one part of the road, while the other will be reconstructed). The construction should end in 2019.

This road is part of the Corridor 8 that connects Bulgaria (via Macedonia) with Albania.

source (in Macedonian language)
Old October 1st, 2015, 07:02 PM   #1526
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopje/Скопје View Post
The road has length of 26,5 km and it's going the be 2x2 profile (only one part of the road, while the other will be reconstructed). The construction should end in 2019.
I guess it will be a simple dual-carriageway with at-grade intersections, won't it?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 07:54 PM   #1527
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

so, Rankovce - Kriva Palanka is only 20km according to google maps. Till Deve Bair (b/c with Bulgaria) itīs 36km. So can we expect a new road between Rankovce and Kriva Palanka and kind of a Kriva Palanka bypass? That option seems somewhat logical due to the 26,5km to be built.

What is going to happen with Kumanovo-Rankovce? Thatīs a pretty well built "yugoslav" magistrala, partly even 2+1. Judging by some satellite pictures it seems even level free interchanges were planned (but not realised) on this stretch. Is it going to be ugraded to 2+2 also? Everything else wouldnīt make much sense...

----------------------------------------------------

been in: al, at, ba, bg, ch, (cs), cz, (dd), de, dk, fr, gr, hr, hu, ie, it, li, lu, me, mk, mt, nl, pl, rs.ba, rs, ru, se, sk, us, (yu)
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:51 PM   #1528
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I guess it will be a simple dual-carriageway with at-grade intersections, won't it?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post
so, Rankovce - Kriva Palanka is only 20km according to google maps. Till Deve Bair (b/c with Bulgaria) itīs 36km. So can we expect a new road between Rankovce and Kriva Palanka and kind of a Kriva Palanka bypass? That option seems somewhat logical due to the 26,5km to be built.

What is going to happen with Kumanovo-Rankovce? Thatīs a pretty well built "yugoslav" magistrala, partly even 2+1. Judging by some satellite pictures it seems even level free interchanges were planned (but not realised) on this stretch. Is it going to be ugraded to 2+2 also? Everything else wouldnīt make much sense...
I believe that the current road Rankovce-Kriva Palanka will be extended into dual-carriageway, since it's going through flat terrain and the construction would be cheaper and easier.

Kumanovo-Rankovce will be reconstructed and probably expanded with additional lane (from 2+1 into 2x2, or even into dual-carriageway).

Anyway, in the moment there aren't enough information about this project, only some short announcements in the media.
Old October 6th, 2015, 06:18 PM   #1529
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

We've got the look of the Rankovce-Kriva Palanka road. Unfortunately, it's not going to be dual-carriageway, but 2-way road with hard shoulders... I'm very disappointed.

source
Old October 6th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #1530
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

2+1 would've been a safer option?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2015, 06:31 PM   #1531
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

At some parts the road is already 2+1. I really don't know what they were thinking when proposed this.

Last edited by Skopje/Скопје; October 6th, 2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old October 9th, 2015, 08:02 PM   #1532
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Parts of Macedonia are now available on Google Street View.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Gubot liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2015, 03:31 PM   #1533
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Yes, finally FYROM has street view.
Just checked it out and I have to confess that their roads are really good!!
Congrats

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2015, 06:17 PM   #1534
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Great news! Although it just the main roads and some cities covered. However, it's nice to see

I just checked the construction of motorway from Kichevo to Ohrid (A2) and I "dicovered" that in the south they "just" upgrade the existing road to 2x2. Not that is bad in general, but this section misses any other road which could and would handle the local traffic. So, how will be dealt with farmers, bikes and so on? Access control?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2015, 10:29 PM   #1535
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
Yes, finally FYROM has street view.
So stupid country name just because of greek complexes.
For me is just Macedonia, was and will be always.
Old October 11th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #1536
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
So stupid country name just because of greek complexes.
For me is just Macedonia, was and will be always.
I recognize the fact that your country as well as the Greek Macedonia, part of Bulgaria and a tiny part of Albania belong to the ancient Greater Macedonia region and I would like your country to join intergovernmental organizations in the near future......I'm just against the use of the name Macedonia for your country and some other things that have to do with that topic......but you know what? That's off topic, the thread is about highways and not about political disagreements......
Just to clarify my position, thank you

Skopje/Скопје liked this post
Old October 11th, 2015, 05:02 PM   #1537
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Great news! Although it just the main roads and some cities covered. However, it's nice to see

I just checked the construction of motorway from Kichevo to Ohrid (A2) and I "dicovered" that in the south they "just" upgrade the existing road to 2x2. Not that is bad in general, but this section misses any other road which could and would handle the local traffic. So, how will be dealt with farmers, bikes and so on? Access control?
I tried to check it out as well but I can't locate it, could you please give me any coordinates so that I can find it?
Old October 12th, 2015, 02:14 AM   #1538
an-148

Likes (Received): 31

nice to see that MACEDONIA starts to be covered by street view, just like 'the former ottoman republic of greece" ;-) :-)
an-148 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 03:11 AM   #1539
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
I tried to check it out as well but I can't locate it, could you please give me any coordinates so that I can find it?
It's from here towards the north: https://goo.gl/maps/hGYhPFfB2VJ2

Further south there are no visible construction works or at least I didn't see them.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 03:48 AM   #1540
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by an-148 View Post
nice to see that MACEDONIA starts to be covered by street view, just like 'the former ottoman republic of greece" ;-) :-)
Really?
No comment fellow, as I mentioned before, this thread is for highways and not for our differencies, I clarified it....

Tags
macedonia