daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 4th, 2016, 10:53 PM   #1581
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

It's a cheap way to make a full motorway, just add another carriageway... Road safety is not the best on the old part...

France did a similar thing from Chamonix downhill: https://goo.gl/maps/VJnKuM3rfWB2 They even switched the left and right carriageway. Downhill traffic is on the old national road on the left side, uphill on a new viaduct on the right side. A spectacular road! https://goo.gl/maps/LzoTdpc1kZ72
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:52 AM   #1582
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
It's a cheap way to make a full motorway, just add another carriageway... Road safety is not the best on the old part...

France did a similar thing from Chamonix downhill: https://goo.gl/maps/VJnKuM3rfWB2 They even switched the left and right carriageway. Downhill traffic is on the old national road on the left side, uphill on a new viaduct on the right side. A spectacular road! https://goo.gl/maps/LzoTdpc1kZ72

And a very beautiful motorway too
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 08:49 AM   #1583
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

When are they going to open the last part of the E75/A1 from Demir Kapija to Smokvica? This is the last part of the Macedonian motorway from Serbia to Greece.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 09:53 PM   #1584
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61752

In the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.

I drove the road Veles-Kadrifakovo (check this link, and this one, and this one too) few days ago, and returned back in Skopje today. From what I saw, almost 75% of the section were built, of which about 35-40% are open for use, with all the necessary horizontal and vertical signalization, and some 30% are only asphalted. Few pics from my trip:

The newly constructed part:

The part under construction:

The newly constructed part, from the opposite direction:

And one photo from the road that is open for use:

Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #1585
Alexann

Likes (Received): 0

Hi!
How about Veles-Katlanovo reconstruction? Is it finished yet?
If not, when it'll be finished?

I'm a little bit disappointed regarding Demir Kapija-Smokvice expressway. Hoped it'll be finished by the summer this year. .

And at the end, how about route Veles-Bitola? Any plans by MK government?
Alexann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:40 PM   #1586
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Yes, the section Veles-Katlanovo is fully reconstructed, I drove it yesterday, but I couldn't make any photos because it was night.

About the route Veles-Bitola: so far, only expressway (2+2) Veles-Prilep is planned in near future. Probably Prilep will be connected with Bitola also with expressway (2+2).
Old January 19th, 2016, 10:17 AM   #1587
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

The newest video of the construction works on the highway Miladinovci-Shtip (I cannot recognize the section that is presented on the video). The video is posted on the facebook page of the Minister for transport and telecommunications.

https://www.facebook.com/misajlovski...98748/?theater

CLICK ON THE LINK
Old January 29th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #1588
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

The construction of the expressway Gradsko-Prilep was announced by the government. It already signed an agreement with the Spanish company Construction Rubau that will build the first phase of the road, from Farishka to Drenovska notch in length of 10 kilometers. The deal is worth 31.8 million euros. The contractor has 24 months to complete the construction of this section.

According the project, the road will be 12.4 meters wide, with two lanes on both sides with a width of 3.5 meters and 2.5 meters.

The construction of this road from Town to Prilep will be implemented in three phases.

The second phase will be built from Gradsko trough the village Rosoman to the intersection for Kavadarci with length of 16 kilometers.

The third phase is planned to start from the locality Trojans until the entrance of the city of Prilep with length of 7.5 kilometers.

source (in Macedonian language)
Old January 30th, 2016, 02:40 PM   #1589
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Video from 22 of January about the construction of the highway section Demir Kapija-Smokvica, part of the Corridor 10. The video is in Macedonian language, but you can turn off the volume and enjoy in some of the video parts showing the current situation there.

Old February 5th, 2016, 10:32 AM   #1590
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

I've translated (lousy) from Macedonian...

Quote:
The reconstruction of the highway section Negotino-Demir Kapija was announced

After a decade of construction of the highway section Negotino - Demir Kapija, it will be subjected to reconstruction. The Public Enterprise for State Roads is inviting bids for a contractor that will perform the rehabilitation of this segment of the Corridor 10, in a length of 15.4 kilometers. According to the Bureau of Public Procurement, construction should take place over a period of three and a half years and estimates that it would cost the state budget about 8.5 million Euros.
source (in Macedonian language)
Old February 8th, 2016, 05:27 PM   #1591
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Great news today. It was inked that macedonia and kosovo approve travelling with biometric ID cards. Pretty prudent if you dont want to carry your bulky passport and travel between the countries. Its only a matter of time before it enters into force. I guess they need to implement it at the borders and buy the card readers

piotr71 liked this post
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 10:01 PM   #1592
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Yes, I've heard that with biometric ID cards now we (the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia) can travel into Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. It should boost or at least encourage the increase of the tourist visits between these neighboring countries.
Old February 9th, 2016, 10:15 PM   #1593
tfd543

I wonder why bosnia is not part of this balkan schengen? I would imagine that non-EU countries in the region would be eligible to join. PS Is there anything new about the widening of skopje-bllace??
Old February 10th, 2016, 10:11 AM   #1594
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Nothing in the media so far.
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:44 PM   #1595
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Great news today. It was inked that macedonia and kosovo approve travelling with biometric ID cards. Pretty prudent if you dont want to carry your bulky passport and travel between the countries. Its only a matter of time before it enters into force. I guess they need to implement it at the borders and buy the card readers
I have been writing about this Balkan schengen at this forum.

Macedonian citizens can visit the following countries with Biometric ID (no passport needed-no stamp):
Albania, Montenegro and Serbia since 2012.
Kosovo since 2016.

Serbian citizens can visit the following countries:
Montenegro, Bosnia&Hercegovina and Macedonia since 2012.

Montenegro citizens can visit:
Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia&Hercegovina, Serbia and Macedonia since 2012.

Albanian citizens can visit:
Kosovo, Montenegro and Macedonia since 2012.

and Bosnian citizens can go to Montenegro and Serbia with ID since 2012

But the citizens of these Balkan countries will travel with ID to the whole EU if they join it.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS

Hedium liked this post
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 12:57 AM   #1596
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4010

Serbian citizens can go to Kosovo with IDs too.

On the other hand Bosnian citizens need visas for Kosovo, which they don't recognize.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 09:16 AM   #1597
tfd543

Why cant macedonian people travel with ID to Bih ? Maybe they didnt make such an agreement at that time. Yes thats right, once you become a EU citizen, you can travel freely with a sole ID card around EU.
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #1598
Hedium

Likes (Received): 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Serbian citizens can go to Kosovo with IDs too.
Of course Serbian citizens can go to their own territory with IDs.

Livada liked this post
Hedium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 08:36 PM   #1599
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Also, Kosovo citizens can go with ID cards in Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, and as said earlier, soon in Macedonia.
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 09:05 PM   #1600
tfd543

Its a bit tricky though. Nobody knows when it enters into force exactly. I remember it took 40 calendar days from the date of agreement when macedonia and Serbia signed it together. Maybe they will push it now until elections in Spring. It wouldnt surprise me if they excused by the difficulity of getting the card readers to work or buying them. Lol.

Tags
macedonia