daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2016, 09:35 PM   #1601
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedium View Post
Of course Serbian citizens can go to their own territory with IDs.
This is debatable.
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2016, 12:45 AM   #1602
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Its a bit tricky though. Nobody knows when it enters into force exactly. I remember it took 40 calendar days from the date of agreement when macedonia and Serbia signed it together. Maybe they will push it now until elections in Spring. It wouldnt surprise me if they excused by the difficulity of getting the card readers to work or buying them. Lol.
Also some things are important to be mentioned.
First of all this will include only 30 days in 180 stay and not 90 in 180 as the Schengen rule which is adopted by all Western Balkan states.

Second if you for an example start from Skopje with MKD ID and your destination is Hungary via Serbia you cannot enter Serbia with ID, since you broke the rule you don't stay in Serbia you proceed to country where passport is needed and you cannot exit Serbia (no matter if you have the passport with you) and this is a rule for all countries in the West Balkan. But If I go to Montenegro via Kosovo or Albania I can go with ID all the way.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 09:47 AM   #1603
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Where do you have that source of 30 days duration stay? Do you have any idea about the implementation date ? Thanks
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2016, 10:30 PM   #1604
Junkie
Supervisor

Yes that's only between the Western Balkan states that are not part of the union. But If a Bulgarian or Romanian citizen or any other EU citizen enters Macedonia it can stay up to 90 days in 180 days period with an ID only. So it will include check in at a hotel or if staying in a private accommodation in a police with the Bulgarian ID.
I don't know about the implementation date but once it is established I will visit Kosovo with a MKD ID.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:59 AM   #1605
tfd543

I was more interested to know why Mk and Bih does not have such a bilateral agreement. I wonder why. I dont see any conflicts between the countries but maybe its because Mk recognized Ks in 2008-2009 and the serb republic in bih refrained.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:46 PM   #1606
Junkie
Supervisor

No it has nothing to do with that. Kosovo did not changed the visa policy with Serbia so we have bilateral with them also. It's not sign because there is no communication between these two countries. I also guess the thing is that the process is bilateral and there was no initiative from either side. But it could be done, also it could be done with Moldova, Georgia or even Ukraine since these countries do have the association agreement signed, but not with any other European countries.

BEEN IN:
Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:33 PM   #1607
svt11

Likes (Received): 581

Interesting, I have entered Macedonia with my ID last week, no need for passport. Btw it does not contain fingerprint, so it's not biometric. But the new ID cards in Bulgaria from this year or next year you will have to enter biometric data. Many people from border regions in Bulgaria go to Macedonia - Strumica, Kriva Palanka and last week I saw many macedonians returning from Bansko, I see many of them in Sandanski. In Dimitrovgrad, Serbia you can see almost 80% of the cars are with BG numbers. Serbians also can travel to EU with ID I think. In hotels in Bulgaria we implement registration with such card and passport reader.
svt11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2016, 11:00 AM   #1608
tfd543

Once Serbia is a member of EU, citizens of SRB can travel with ID cards in EU. Not at the moment. Interesting that you could enter with a non-biometric ID card. I wonder how they registered your entry without a readable document.
Old March 5th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #1609
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Once Serbia is a member of EU, citizens of SRB can travel with ID cards in EU. Not at the moment. Interesting that you could enter with a non-biometric ID card. I wonder how they registered your entry without a readable document.
As I understand it, there's no need for EU citizens to have biometric ID cards to enter countries like Serbia because not all EU countries have biometric ID cards to begin with. The Italians are somewhat infamous for their little ID booklets, and many others (such as the new Polish ID card) aren't biometric.

But how they registered the stay - it's pretty simple. They still have machine-readable areas, and on most Balkan border crossings, they have the equipment to scan passports/ID cards regardless of the biometric chip.

For what it's worth, the EU really should get their act together and allow people such as Serbians to travel to bordering EU countries with only a biometric ID card. They managed it for Croatia after Slovenia, Italy and Hungary joined the EU, so there's no reason why others should be banned.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 02:09 PM   #1610
tfd543

I see. Well letting SRB citizens travel to HR with ID cars would never happen. There are just too many disputes and hatred to realize that. But it is indeed doable in BG and HU borders.

Another very epic thing is that there are actually countries in EU that do not issue ID cards!! For instance UK, Norway and Denmark. I think its historic reasons. Maybe their citizens are too honest. They dont need to identify themselves lol
Old March 6th, 2016, 09:27 PM   #1611
svt11

Likes (Received): 581

I think that my ID is with biometric data, but still I can't remember.
svt11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 10:08 PM   #1612
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
I see. Well letting SRB citizens travel to HR with ID cars would never happen. There are just too many disputes and hatred to realize that. But it is indeed doable in BG and HU borders.
It might not be such a big problem. SRB/HR might have historical grudges, but the main border crossing between them on the A3 was open as early as mid 1996.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #1613
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
It might not be such a big problem. SRB/HR might have historical grudges, but the main border crossing between them on the A3 was open as early as mid 1996.
economy=money>politics

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:27 PM   #1614
tfd543

17th of April should be the date where travel with ID card only will be accepted between Kosovo and Macedonia.
Old March 28th, 2016, 12:00 AM   #1615
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Any news for motorway from border to Kosovo to Skopje?

Btw Kosovo will finish motorway from Prishtina to border to Macedonia by the end of the next year.
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 12:17 PM   #1616
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61792

Unfortunately, nothing.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 02:46 PM   #1617
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

All I saw and read till now indicates that the motorway will just be built to Ferizaj. That's some kilometers before the border and the easier and cheaper part.

From there on you will need at least one tunnel and there are no works on that stretch as far as I know.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 12:43 PM   #1618
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
All I saw and read till now indicates that the motorway will just be built to Ferizaj. That's some kilometers before the border and the easier and cheaper part.

From there on you will need at least one tunnel and there are no works on that stretch as far as I know.
Motorway will be built to the border.

It is decided bridges to be built to pass Kaanik gorge. Without tunnels.

Quote:
Drejtori i ktij projekti, Chris Jennions, ka thn t ndihet m i lehtsuar pas nj pune mbi nj vjeare pr t gjetur nj zgjidhje t kalimit t ktij projekti npr Kaanik dhe Han t Elezit.
The project director, Chris Jennions said to feel more relaxed after over a year of hard work to find a solution for the route of the project through Kacanik and Elez Han. - My translation..

http://koha.net/?id=27&l=101492

Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 06:25 PM   #1619
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Okay, thanks for the link! However, works haven't started on that stretch yet as I said.

And: How to you want to build a motorway through the gorge without tunnels? Have a look at the alignment of the railway to get an idea about what's necessary to build to place a motorway there. Not a good idea in my opinion. However, I doubt that this is possible in 1.5 years.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:35 PM   #1620
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Okay, thanks for the link! However, works haven't started on that stretch yet as I said.

And: How to you want to build a motorway through the gorge without tunnels? Have a look at the alignment of the railway to get an idea about what's necessary to build to place a motorway there. Not a good idea in my opinion. However, I doubt that this is possible in 1.5 years.
They have started works on bridges over the existing national road that connects Prishtina with Skopje. It will go from on side of the mountain/hill to the other one. I can post a clip about it in the Kosovo thread so it is not considered off topic in this thread.
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
macedonia