daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2017, 11:38 AM   #1721
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61752

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
Skopje - Štip does not seem to make much sense to me. What is the AADT?
Not enough, I would say, but it's important for the economical development of the eastern region in Macedonia (at least the government claims that).
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2017, 12:37 PM   #1722
ValterPravnik

Likes (Received): 1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopje/Скопје View Post
Not enough, I would say, but it's important for the economical development of the eastern region in Macedonia (at least the government claims that).
I think the idea is that AADT will be acceptalble once Stip and Kocani get connected to it with about 100.000 inhabitants in this area.

Still I do not get why they didnt connect it further away from Skopje
ValterPravnik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 04:29 PM   #1723
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Stip and Kocani should be connected with express way one day, also Stip-Strumica, and further to the Bulgarian border. One day. At least is planned.
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:29 AM   #1724
edis_mumin

Likes (Received): 793

Hello there. I made a video on last summer, but it has been edited recently. Enjoy in road trip from Gevgelija to Veles, through my point of view.

edis_mumin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:19 PM   #1725
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
Tender announced for construction of 13.8 km of the road Stip-Kocani

The Macedonian public enterprise for state roads announced a tender for the construction of 13.8 km section of the express road Stip-Kocani that will be financed by a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

The construction of the section from Kocani to Krupiste should last 24 months. Under the agreement, the company that wins the tender should built the entire road, including 10 bridges and overpasses. The express road Stip-Kocani will be 28 km long and will have four lanes.

The project is worth 53 million euros and is part of the East-West Corridor, from Trbenishta to the border with Bulgaria.

source (in Macedonian language)
Old February 8th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #1726
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5514

There is no emergency lane from Pardejtsi to Smokvitsa in direction of Veles. Just a small segment from the highway (6-7km) but what is the reason for it?
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 04:06 PM   #1727
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7710

Strange, Macedonia really is in no hurry to connect up with Bulgaria
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 05:07 PM   #1728
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
We plan to connect to all of our neighbors including Kosovo. I think there will be a solid upgrade to the existing road Kumanovo-Kriva Palanka in three to maximum four years from now.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #1729
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
I think that the railroad connection is bigger priority for now.
Old February 9th, 2017, 11:43 AM   #1730
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Maybe there is something about that in the railroad subforum?

When i travelled Makedonia, i came from bulgaria, with whom there is no railway connection IMHO. And i went to Albania, where there is no connection either.

But i found, that there is connection to Kosovo, Serbia an Greec, and to most bigger cities in MK.

All in all the railway infrastructure seems to rot in many places in the east. In Albania i seemed to me that tracks are unused if not abandoned.

So it is a big (and positive) surprise if you tell, that there are plans to revitalize this segment of mobility. Can you tell more maybe at the correct place in railway forum etc.?

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 11:54 AM   #1731
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

I doubt that they will connect in 2020, probably around 2025, but still this article is informing...

Quote:
Macedonia and Bulgaria will be connected by railway in 2020

http://meta.mk/en/macedonia-and-bulg...ilway-in-2020/
Anyway, there is also planned expressway from Kumanovo via Kriva Palanka to the Bulgarian border. I believe this project will start very soon. You can find info and project photos about it on the previous pages on this thread.
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:12 PM   #1732
spansko
BANNED

Likes (Received): 770

How come there will be no connection to Bitola, second largest city, and further down to Greece?
spansko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:25 PM   #1733
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

It's planned, but it's not a priority for now.
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:29 AM   #1734
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by spansko View Post
How come there will be no connection to Bitola, second largest city, and further down to Greece?
The road between Prilep and Bitola is already some kind of "expressway" (old Yugoslavian Magistrala). There no need for that in the next years.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #1735
belerophon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
The road between Prilep and Bitola is already some kind of "expressway" (old Yugoslavian Magistrala). There no need for that in the next years.
Well yes, i looked it up. you're right. I think our imagination was misleaded maybe. You know, when you see, that the government pays for an extra motorway to Stip, useful or not, at least they claim it to be necessary. On the other hand the map shows motorways, expressways and other roads worth mentioning. I did not imagine an old magistrala under the term: worth mentioning. Maybe if the category would be: other important national road, this would be better fitting.

Thanks to your words i looked this piece of A3 up, it seems mostly fine. If traffic volumes are low (what is to expect, but i don't know) there is not much necessary to do there. The road is going around Prilep already. So the only useful thing to to is to think about doing the same for Bitola. There is already a kind of bypass if you go west. That might be helpful also for the direction south. If it is easier to do in east or west depending on geology etc i don't want to judge.

Also between motorway and Prilep were the road is curvy might be some potential to make it a bit smoother. If there are ideas about a tunnel in 10 years of course its no good idea to use money to make some curves better now. But i suppose that is not realistic. So its no burning money to adapt some improvements, maybe at that time when an renovation is necessary anyway.

Old February 20th, 2017, 12:45 AM   #1736
belerophon

Maybe it was mentioned earlier, but are all destructions by flash floods to the ring road of Skopje repaired already? And did any change of alignment (height, drainage etc.) happen to prevent such incidents? I mentioned that some roads are just elevated by maybe a half meter, this is not very costly but prevents at least a part of such damage.

Old February 20th, 2017, 01:47 AM   #1737
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
Thanks to your words i looked this piece of A3 up, it seems mostly fine. If traffic volumes are low (what is to expect, but i don't know) there is not much necessary to do there. The road is going around Prilep already. So the only useful thing to to is to think about doing the same for Bitola. There is already a kind of bypass if you go west. That might be helpful also for the direction south. If it is easier to do in east or west depending on geology etc i don't want to judge.
Last time I drove there is about 7 years ago. The pavement was not that good, but there are worse roads also in Macedonia and I don't know if they perhaps made a repavement since then. Didn't read anything about it also...

The road good road ends just before Resen, the remaining part to Ohrid should also be built sometime.

Traffic to Greece is not that high but afair there is or at least was also an expressway planned to the border from Bitola (on the east side). I don't know why it's not in the map. Maybe it's very low priority.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 10:24 PM   #1738
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
Maybe it was mentioned earlier, but are all destructions by flash floods to the ring road of Skopje repaired already? And did any change of alignment (height, drainage etc.) happen to prevent such incidents? I mentioned that some roads are just elevated by maybe a half meter, this is not very costly but prevents at least a part of such damage.
The reconstruction is still on, it started on 21.10.2016 and according the contract should last 4 months.

I cannot find information about the rest of your question.
Old March 25th, 2017, 06:16 PM   #1739
SuCuki

Likes (Received): 1

Does anyone know when the section between Skopje and the border with Kosovo will be built? And does anyone know the exact course of this highway?
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 06:21 PM   #1740
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7710

Probably never - its not in Macedonia's interest, especially now with rising tensions in the region.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
macedonia