daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #161
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS.ban View Post
still i donīt see much serbian, macedonian or greek in Albania. Or Serbian in Croatia.
But it exists. Not much, but how much of the road network does Albania have in the south anyway...?

And let's not forget Kosovo - all the signs there are bilingual.

Btw. I'm not a fan of bilingual signs.
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #162
RS.ban
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Yes Kosovo has albanian signs as well. And what about those pics? what r they showing is that greek language?
RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #163
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

That is correct that Kosovo has bilingual and some time trilingual road signs!!! Apart from Albanian it uses languages of the minorities such as Serbian, Turkish and Bosnian!

It is not about fancing the one, two or more language signs but as I said it is about respecting your own people in the areas where they speak a different language in significant numbers, to make them feel at home and let the other know that the areas speak those languages!

By the way there is no Serbs in Albania BanRs, there are Macedonian road signs in one or two villages around Prespa and Oher lakes and Greek signs in some areas of the south where other linguistic groups apart from Albanian live!
GreenAlbanian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:31 AM   #164
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

Now it comes to my mind that we even have four language sings in Prizen...apart from Albanian there is Turkish, Bosnian and Serbian!
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #165
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Yes Kosovo has albanian signs as well. And what about those pics? what r they showing is that greek language?
Yes. Although 20,5 in Greek means 24

snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #166
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

This sign in Albania looks a bit funny, it is not only in two different languages but actually it is in two different signs with two different forms!!!
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #167
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Those with "SH 4" are obviously newer. I suppose also 3.5 km shorter to Gjirokaster than the old road.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #168
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

I would rather say that they are printed in two different places and therefore someone had different calculations from the one doing the other sign, or only god knows what were they thinking...do u see now how much fun u can have from bilingual signs
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #169
RS.ban
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAlbanian View Post
That is correct that Kosovo has bilingual and some time trilingual road signs!!! Apart from Albanian it uses languages of the minorities such as Serbian, Turkish and Bosnian!

It is not about fancing the one, two or more language signs but as I said it is about respecting your own people in the areas where they speak a different language in significant numbers, to make them feel at home and let the other know that the areas speak those languages!

By the way there is no Serbs in Albania BanRs, there are Macedonian road signs in one or two villages around Prespa and Oher lakes and Greek signs in some areas of the south where other linguistic groups apart from Albanian live!
i have been to Pogradec and have never seen signs in macedonian, on all main roads signs are in albanian. Does this mean that albanians donīt respect macedonian culture and language?
There are Serbs in Skadar.
RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #170
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

I did not say that there were bilingual signs in Pogradec, I was talking about villages around the lake of Prespa! Have u been to these villages? I have not neither but seen it on TV on some Macedonian program about Macedonians minorities in the region...

Serbs in Shkodra? Never heard of that I am affraid!!! Btw, even if there is some tinny Slavic community there it would rather be Montenegrin, at least it looks a way much more logical to me!!! However, as I just said, I have never heard of any other group apart from Albanians and Jews living in Shkodra in the recent history!!!
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #171
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Yes Kosovo has albanian signs as well.
No, Kosovo has signs in Albanian first and Serbian second. Those two languages, in that order, are official according to the constitution. Also, call us when Serbia starts implementing major road signs in the languages of its minorities.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #172
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Yes Kosovo has albanian signs as well.
This is the Millenia Quote....
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #173
Nik the Greek

Likes (Received): 3

Back to Motorways.

Does anyone heve pictures about this Section???
Ore is this Section not Under Construction?

http://www.roads.org.mk/en/images/ekonc1-a.jpg
Nik the Greek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #174
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Wouldn't a routing via the current road to E75 from Prilep be easier? A bit longer in total distance from Skopje to Prilep, but fewer kilometers of new motorway through what looks like difficult terrain.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #175
Nik the Greek

Likes (Received): 3

Hello.
I would take with pleasure this route about Prilep. Above the highway it is certainly better, as long as idese M-5 is not ready.
Nik the Greek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 04:48 AM   #176
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
i have been to Pogradec and have never seen signs in macedonian, on all main roads signs are in albanian. Does this mean that albanians donīt respect macedonian culture and language?
There are Serbs in Skadar.

Do you have signs in Roma language in Belgrade? There are Gypsies in Belgrade.
Because there exist 50 people who are Serbs there is not going to be sign for every minority in Albania. Otherwise we would have millions of them.

Even the signs for Greeks is far fetched since Greece has not reciprocated the favor.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #177
Kosovar
BANNED

can some one tell me whats new in macedoni for the highways any new one????
Kosovar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #178
dewrob

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
Back to Motorways.

Does anyone heve pictures about this Section???
Ore is this Section not Under Construction?

http://www.roads.org.mk/en/images/ekonc1-a.jpg
I don't think this section is among the priorities. However that should be the main route (highway profile) to Prilep.

Only 2 sections are state funded at the moment. One is supposedly U/C (the short segment Kumanovo-Serbia) and the other one should start up this year (the Demir Kapija-Udovo segment) which will complete the north-south axis in a full profile highway.

Almost all of the rest of the network will be offered to private companies through concessions. However I'm 100% sure most of them are not feasible at the moment.

The ones with the most potential are Skopje-Blace (Kosovo). And perhaps continuation of the highway towards Ohrid.

@Chriszwolle the existing route turning from Gradsko towards Prilep is also through rough terrain. It's actually one of the statistically most dangerous routes in the country. However that should also be solved as the construction of a third lane on all the uphill sections is almost due to completion. This will provide a lane for the slow vechiles which were the main cause for accidents.

@Sign buffs. I'd be happy to have kick ass highways all over the country with signs written in only Chinese than rigidy roads with signs the size of billboards and with so much information that one needs a manual to interpret them. It would be very nice if you all focus the energy on a more productive discussion than on the same old boring recursive balkan...........

Actually it would be great if the mod cleans the thread a bit...

Last edited by dewrob; December 15th, 2008 at 04:13 PM.
dewrob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #179
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Hey! Couldn't agree with you more.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #180
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

I think it's okay to discuss why they put French signs in Macedonia. But the question whether Albanians are a big minority in Greece or not has nothing to do with this forum.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
macedonia