daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 8th, 2017, 07:35 PM   #1881
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61752

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is it a super two highway? The construction cost is only € 1.2 million per kilometer.
I believe it will be more like expressway similar to the Veles-Kadrifakovo section.

(click on the link to see the photos)
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2017, 07:51 PM   #1882
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

A wide two-lane road. I like those roads, we don't have those in the Netherlands.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 08:00 PM   #1883
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

We have many roads that need urgent upgrade. They are from Tito's era specially in the east and many roads sign his name even today.

BTW.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS

tasosGR liked this post
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #1884
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
We have many roads that need urgent upgrade. They are from Tito's era specially in the east and many roads sign his name even today.

BTW.
Tito basically built roads and motorways in Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia and left the rest under funded and undeveloped.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 09:46 PM   #1885
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopje/Скопје View Post
I believe it will be more like expressway similar to the Veles-Kadrifakovo section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A wide two-lane road.
It's the extension of the Miladinovci - Stip highway* and I think this section is a 2x2 expressway, isn't it?

If I interpret this map right, the Stip -Radovis section should have the same standard. And the article or press release quoted calls both "expressway".

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 12:32 PM   #1886
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Demir Kapija-Smokvica section, new set of photos:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashko

[
Old November 9th, 2017, 06:21 PM   #1887
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post

Back to topic: What prevents the opening of Demir Kapija-Smokvica? It seems pretty finished.
Dislocation of a transmission line and finishing the construction of the control center near the city of Negotino are the main obstacles. Apparently, the official opening is postponed for 28.02.2018.
Old November 13th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #1888
johnnyboy55
Ping Pong

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
It's the extension of the Miladinovci - Stip highway* and I think this section is a 2x2 expressway, isn't it?

If I interpret this map right, the Stip -Radovis section should have the same standard. And the article or press release quoted calls both "expressway".
It's not same standard. It will be more like expressway similar to the Veles-Kadrifakovo section. Which means 1X2 with 3.5m Lane and 2m hard shoulder. Vmax=110 km/h. While Miladinovci-Stip is 2x2 and Vmax=120km/h

MichiH liked this post
johnnyboy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 12:18 PM   #1889
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

News from two weeks ago... (I used Google Translate)

Quote:
The government will invest 86 million euros in the reconstruction of 26 roads

In the next two years 26 roads will be reconstructed in Macedonia. The Minister of Transport and Communications Goran Segareski at today's press conference informed that the reconstruction will cover sections in total length of more than 420 kilometers, in which will be invested 86 million euros.

"Investments in road infrastructure are crucial for the economic growth and development of the Republic of Macedonia. In that direction, the program's determination of the Government is a quality improvement of the road network, "said Minister Sugareski.

source (in Macedonian language)
Old November 16th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #1890
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Few photos from the reconstruction of the highway section Petrovec-Miladinovci [A1] / [E75]

source
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #1891
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Some photos of the construction works on the Kichevo-Ohrid highway. The Macedonian construction company Granit works on the first 10.42 km (of total 65 km) as subcontractor, at the section Kichevo-Podvis.

source and more photos here

Old December 11th, 2017, 09:35 PM   #1892
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

More photos of the construction works on the Kichevo-Ohrid highway. The Macedonian construction company Transmet works on the section Podvis-Preseka with length of 12 km (of total 65 km) as subcontractor.

source

more photos at their facebook page

Old December 14th, 2017, 06:42 PM   #1893
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Just saw the route of the road on Google Earth and it seems to be well designed, but at its most it seems to be a reconstruction of the current road.....is it also going to reach Bitola in the future or it will only be up to Ohrid??
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 10:08 PM   #1894
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

I doubt that in near future we will see that, since Ohrid and Bitola (via Resen) are now connected with road 2+1, and so far this type of road is adequate for the current traffic. Also, the road Resen-Bitola was recently reconstructed, so I don't see any need for further improvement in near future.

It's more likely that, after Gradsko and Prilep will be connected with express road, the same to be with the Prilep-Bitola road, since now it's 1+1. And there are also plans for connecting Bitola with the border cross to Greece, if I'm not mistaken, with express road too.
Old December 14th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #1895
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopje/Скопје View Post

I doubt that in near future we will see that, since Ohrid and Bitola (via Resen) are now connected with road 2+1, and so far this type of road is adequate for the current traffic. Also, the road Resen-Bitola was recently reconstructed, so I don't see any need for further improvement in near future.

It's more likely that, after Gradsko and Prilep will be connected with express road, the same to be with the Prilep-Bitola road, since now it's 1+1. And there are also plans for connecting Bitola with the border cross to Greece, if I'm not mistaken, with express road too.
About this last connection to the Greek border, i have to say that it will be a very good idea, now tyhat the road from there to Florina or Kozani has been improved, and there are also plans to upgrade the single carriageway segments
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2017, 05:18 PM   #1896
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Some interesting scenes from the three highway sections that are currently under construction in Macedonia. Unfortunately, there is no English subtitle. The official opening of the highway section Demir Kapija-Smokvica is definitively on 31 January 2018.

Old December 24th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #1897
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

Many disinformation has been posted here.

The current government is NOT interested into speeding up nor opening the finished sections because of the following:

One of the three sections is completed and is not into operation because it was done with the previous government that is alleged of corruption and its in opposition but with majority as a single party in the parliament.

It is a communist government that generally has no projects nor development in their minds, and they are interested into other areas and horizons.

So generally what is happening here is a big scandal, although we were told that democratic solutions bring prosperity. But I doubt cause this government is really bad.

The finished sections is already postponed, and with no highways and major roads there is NO chance of improving economy and living standards.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:21 AM   #1898
nh1la

Likes (Received): 3

Абе оди лечи се

BL2 liked this post
nh1la está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 02:43 AM   #1899
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Mk and bih citizens will soon be able to Enter with id card only for periods of 90 days within 180 days. With this ratification the mk id Card will be the most powerful of all the non-EU Balkan countries as you can travel to all of them without a passport. Thats nice, at least for truck drivers transporting goods
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #1900
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Well, that's some good news

Tags
macedonia