daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2017, 11:08 AM   #1901
ntom

That's really good to hear but I think Montenegro has had that for quite some time. Nevertheless, I think that all Balkan countries that are not part of Schengen should loosen up and abandon visa and passport requirements because they all stand to gain from this in terms of increased tourism and business contacts, which in turn would foster closer relationships.
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #1902
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Mk and bih citizens will soon be able to Enter with id card only for periods of 90 days within 180 days. With this ratification the mk id Card will be the most powerful of all the non-EU Balkan countries as you can travel to all of them without a passport. Thats nice, at least for truck drivers transporting goods
BIH should ratify this bilateral agreement and should enter into force at least in summer or autumn 2018 at earliest.
BUT: If you TRANSIT you cannot enter with ID. For example if you start from Macedonia or Montenegro and go through Serbia and then continue your journey to Croatia for example you must enter Serbia with passport as you cannot EXIT Serbia to EU country with your ID.
But a possible journey is happening for example from Macedonia you go to BIH via Kosovo and Montenegro since there is no direct land connections nor airline one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
That's really good to hear but I think Montenegro has had that for quite some time. Nevertheless, I think that all Balkan countries that are not part of Schengen should loosen up and abandon visa and passport requirements because they all stand to gain from this in terms of increased tourism and business contacts, which in turn would foster closer relationships.
What a stupidity you write.
This what you say is not true. First of all Kosovo for example is not recognized state by two other WB countries.
Second: Kosovo has no legal borders with Montenegro and Serbia they are not yet ratified nor demarcated and legalizied. This process is long and should be done in the next 6-7 years specially with Serbia.

A common market for the Western Balkans might start in the earliest in 2023-2025 after that even longer journey to possible European market for SOME of these countries.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 03:28 PM   #1903
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

You've jumped to the next thread with your political discussion?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Last edited by MichiH; December 30th, 2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: typo
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #1904
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

I will present to you this movement how legally it works. Lets keep this thread without politics but the discussion about this issue was open.

With Macedonian biometric ID card you can travel to:

Since 2012
Serbia for 60 days in 180 (because of the old agreement with FRY for the visa free travel)
Montenegro for 90 days in 180 period
Albania for 90 days in 180 period

Since 2017
Kosovo for 90 days in 180 period

The problem is that there is no evidation for entries and exits same as its in Schengen. It means stamps in Schengen are the only proof, plus eventual hotels or air tickets.

But traveling with ID card between the WB countries is ONLY for tourist purposes unlike the Europeans do, because WB citizens cannot work, study or do other things without VISA in any other country.
If a common market happen that would allow to work or study without visa and use your ID card.
Also the problem is criminality. In the Balkan criminals use this for acts because for example you can enter Macedonia from Kosovo and you dont get stamp you can stay for as long as you want unless the police asks you for hotel receipts on the way back! Because no passport no stamp.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS

Last edited by Junkie; December 30th, 2017 at 04:03 PM.
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #1905
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

[MK] Macedonia | road infrastructure • патна инфраструктура

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post

Oh Yea thats true. Didnt know mne also had access to rks. Well Mk and mne will equal each other.

There were talks not only to abandon passport control but also customs as proposed by vucic.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 07:25 PM   #1906
tfd543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
BIH should ratify this bilateral agreement and should enter into force at least in summer or autumn 2018 at earliest.
BUT: If you TRANSIT you cannot enter with ID. For example if you start from Macedonia or Montenegro and go through Serbia and then continue your journey to Croatia for example you must enter Serbia with passport as you cannot EXIT Serbia to EU country with your ID.
But a possible journey is happening for example from Macedonia you go to BIH via Kosovo and Montenegro since there is no direct land connections nor airline one.

What a stupidity you write.
This what you say is not true. First of all Kosovo for example is not recognized state by two other WB countries.
Second: Kosovo has no legal borders with Montenegro and Serbia they are not yet ratified nor demarcated and legalizied. This process is long and should be done in the next 6-7 years specially with Serbia.

A common market for the Western Balkans might start in the earliest in 2023-2025 after that even longer journey to possible European market for SOME of these countries.

Thats true of course. I am sure it will create hassle for people as not so Many know the rules. But Anyway your example didnt make sense. You dont have to go to croatia to go to bosnia from macedonia so its still reasonable to carry your id card in your Wallet which is also mandatory.
Old December 30th, 2017, 11:06 PM   #1907
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61792

Informative video about the construction of one of the sections on the Kichevo-Ohrid highway

Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 01:38 PM   #1908
tfd543

is it true that nothing of the flat terrain section of the kicevo-ohrid highway will be put into service this year ? Google maps is showing me that a good deal of some km's are already asphalted.
Old January 17th, 2018, 06:20 PM   #1909
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61792

Very likely.
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 06:27 PM   #1910
tfd543

Crap man.. What a failure.