daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Baltimore / Washington DC

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #61
zac88t

Likes (Received): 0

Towson Town Center Expansion

According to GGP's Center Access newsletter:

Quote:
Towson Town Center will undergo a grand transformation. The property is currently in the midst of an expansion and renovation. The expansion will fashion top-of-the-line retailers and restaurants, including Pottery Barn, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro and The Cheesecake Factory. In addition, a new 35,000-square-foot Crate and Barrel will offer customers an enticing mix of retail attractions.

The mall’s renovation will unveil new ceilings, skylights, corridors and a host of cutting edge national tenants including Metropark, Levi’s and G by Guess. Customers also will be able to enjoy a dynamic grand court area designed for shows and exhibits. In total, Towson Town Center will grow to more than 1 million square feet.

Located just off I-695, the mall extends into the most affluent city and county neighborhoods in the Baltimore area.

Completion Date:
• Fall 2008

Leasing Information:
• Michael Khouri, 410.715.8155
If anyone has any other information regarding this project please feel free to post.
zac88t no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #62
Maudibjr
Indeed

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_rak View Post
Ah! My heart aches when I think of the times I spent wandering the peaceful corridors of that mall as a child (when there was water in the fountain and the dairy queen was still there). It really is like a long-lost friend. What I wouldn't pay to have one of those huge wooden door handles with the French Horn on it!
Those were a nice touch, unfortunately, they were about the only nice architectural touch. That mall was about as generic as generic can be.
Maudibjr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:10 AM   #63
scando

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_rak View Post
Ah! My heart aches when I think of the times I spent wandering the peaceful corridors of that mall as a child (when there was water in the fountain and the dairy queen was still there). It really is like a long-lost friend. What I wouldn't pay to have one of those huge wooden door handles with the French Horn on it!
As I recall HVM, it's main problem WAS the peaceful corridors. You could ride a bike blindfolded in there and not hit anybody. It wasn't that different from other malls, except that people didn't come. Easy location, lots of stores, a food court...it had all the usual stuff. Kids could run around and not bother anybody...the mall for people who don't like malls.
scando no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #64
johnany d

http://resources.co.ba.md.us/Documen...owson/red2.pdf

If you click on this pdf file link, it will show you a rendering of the new towsontown center project. Scroll down to the 5th page, and its listed under "Joppa Wedge" and "streetlife". It not really what I expected to see. Its very modern looking though.

Enjoy!
johnany d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:14 AM   #65
PeterSmith

Likes (Received): 1049

This appears to be located on the site of the Towson Circle parking lot located on the north side of Joppa Rd. I'm not sure if this project is part of Towson Town Center, but if it is, then that means the mall will undergo two expansions. There is already an expansion underconstruction a little bit further north on Dulaney Valley Rd. So far I haven't seen any renderings and the construction isn't very far along, but they are moving along.

I wonder if the PDF file you posted, Johnany, is regarding the third phase of Towson Circle. I vaguely recall hearing that that project will include a new theatre, wich the PDF file mentions. Either way, thanks for posting that link. Great find. This project outdoes most on the boards in Baltimore.

Another cool Towson project that is underway is the Quarter condominiums. I've gone by that way a few times in the past two or three weeks and they appear to be moving very fast. There are renderings hanging on the construction fences. It looks pretty nice, and it should create a nice community along with the Dulaney Apartments (?) that were built a few years ago.
PeterSmith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #66
Maudibjr
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSmith View Post
This appears to be located on the site of the Towson Circle parking lot located on the north side of Joppa Rd. I'm not sure if this project is part of Towson Town Center, but if it is, then that means the mall will undergo two expansions. There is already an expansion underconstruction a little bit further north on Dulaney Valley Rd. So far I haven't seen any renderings and the construction isn't very far along, but they are moving along.

I wonder if the PDF file you posted, Johnany, is regarding the third phase of Towson Circle. I vaguely recall hearing that that project will include a new theatre, wich the PDF file mentions. Either way, thanks for posting that link. Great find. This project outdoes most on the boards in Baltimore.

Another cool Towson project that is underway is the Quarter condominiums. I've gone by that way a few times in the past two or three weeks and they appear to be moving very fast. There are renderings hanging on the construction fences. It looks pretty nice, and it should create a nice community along with the Dulaney Apartments (?) that were built a few years ago.
You can see the Towson Commons expansion in the mall, they have drawings up.
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #67
PeterSmith

Likes (Received): 1049

I was just there two nights ago to see Transformers. I must have missed them.

Do you know what they're doing on the north side of the roundabout? They're constructing or renovating something. I can't quite recall what was even there before. I vaguely remember a gas station, perhaps???
PeterSmith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #68
Hugh Jaramillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnany d View Post
http://resources.co.ba.md.us/Documen...owson/red2.pdf

If you click on this pdf file link, it will show you a rendering of the new towsontown center project. Scroll down to the 5th page, and its listed under "Joppa Wedge" and "streetlife". It not really what I expected to see. Its very modern looking though.

Enjoy!
Finally, Thank you Johnany d! I did manage to see a rendering of what the inside of the new wing will look like after someone on this forum said that there was a rendering near where the information desk is on the next to last level. it actually looks quite modern from the inside too. It has a lot of light and is very spacious unlike the older sections which are rather rabbit warrenish looking to me.
Hugh Jaramillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:21 PM   #69
DemolitionDave

Likes (Received): 61

It's amazing that they would be expanding the mall at a time when malls all over the country are being torn down to make way for outdoor "Avenue" type concepts.
DemolitionDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #70
jamie_hunt

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDave View Post
It's amazing that they would be expanding the mall at a time when malls all over the country are being torn down to make way for outdoor "Avenue" type concepts.
Yeah. But, in theory, downtown Towson is supposed to become the "Avenue" to Towsontown's "White Marsh Mall." A two-fer. If it happens.
jamie_hunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #71
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 922

Yeah, there's one of those "outdoor Avenues" here in Columbia.

Check out the link if you'd like: http://www.villageatsandhillonline.com/map.php
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:45 AM   #72
scando

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDave View Post
The place is generally busy but what they lack is a good entrance and some more restaurants. Connecting the mall in with Towson, which is a real town center rather than a fake one, makes sense. They will have a job with the terrain, but hopefully Baltimore county's efforts will eventually start to help the pedestrian situation. It would be nice to be able to get from York Rd to the mall without threading the needle through the garages.
scando no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM   #73
johnany d

Quote:

Actually it states on that page "Streetscape" that it is the Towsontown Center... It says it is the corner of Dulaney Valley and Fairmont! The other pictures on that link are of the circle..but the one that I pointed out on page 5 is the mall itself!!
johnany d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:54 PM   #74
kofemord
Santiago Rocks

Likes (Received): 55

bacan
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:40 PM   #75
Maudibjr
Indeed

Quote:
I was just there two nights ago to see Transformers. I must have missed them.

Do you know what they're doing on the north side of the roundabout? They're constructing or renovating something. I can't quite recall what was even there before. I vaguely remember a gas station, perhaps???
Whoops I should of said Towson Town Center, not commons.

The gas station was to the left of that new construction and was removed a few years ago. The new building was supposed to be a 'signature' building, which will tell you how far that word has been abused. There were only a few small one story shops there before, one was an optometrist as I recall.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM   #76
Hugh Jaramillo

New Towson Residential Project

I noticed yesterday while driving north on York Road from the roundabout, that there is now a fence around the perimeter of site where the new apartments are going up on Lambourne Road. There are several 1 story buildings that are behind the fence, that I guess will soon be torn down. Does anyone have any renderings of what the proposed building will look like that they are building on that lot?
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #77
Tricia_Lvs_Baltimore

Likes (Received): 150

Hugh, I think you may be talking about The Quarter Condominiums. http://www.lifeatthequarter.com/
Old July 24th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #78
Hugh Jaramillo

No Tricia, the link that you posted is for The Quarter, which is at the corner of Fairmount and Dulaney Valley Road. The one I aksed about is on York Road, between the cemetary and Lambourne Road. I think that it might be called The Pavillion or something like that.
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #79
STLgasm
Live from red brick mama

I hereby request pictures of Towson-- what does the skyline look like?
STLgasm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #80
Northern
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgasm View Post
I hereby request pictures of Towson-- what does the skyline look like?
Few months ago I found a bunch of really good panoramic views of Towson's skyline on Google. Can't find them anymore. These two pics are as good as it gets:

A view from York rd.