daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 18th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #2741
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

It will be decades before the A4 is 2x3 all the way to the HU border. More urgent works include 2x2 A5 to the CZ border (to Brno), 2x2 S3 to the CZ border (to Jihlava and Prague), a 2x2 connection from the A8 near Ried am Innkreis past Braunau am Inn to connect with Germany's A94 (to Munich), an extension of the S31 from Eisenstadt to the A4 near Parndorf, etc.

In this decade, it would suffice to widen the A4 to 2x3 as far as the A6.

BTW, the proportion of lorries in the 20,000 AADT crossing the AT/HU border is huge.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2742
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
It will be decades before the A4 is 2x3 all the way to the HU border. More urgent works include 2x2 A5 to the CZ border (to Brno), 2x2 S3 to the CZ border (to Jihlava and Prague), a 2x2 connection from the A8 near Ried am Innkreis past Braunau am Inn to connect with Germany's A94 (to Munich), an extension of the S31 from Eisenstadt to the A4 near Parndorf, etc.

In this decade, it would suffice to widen the A4 to 2x3 as far as the A6.

BTW, the proportion of lorries in the 20,000 AADT crossing the AT/HU border is huge.
a)A5 Nordautobahn - the construction of the next section between Schrick and Poysbrunn (+ 1x1 the bypass of Drasenhofen) is scheduled for this year. It is important step forward. I expect that the complete 2x2 A5-Motorway might be finished till 2017/2018. By the time there will be no transit road via any commune (currently Drasenhofen, Poysdorf, Wetzelsdorf and Erdberg) The fact is that the deadline for frontier sections (Poysbrunn - Drasenhofen - widening of the current B7-national road, completing of Drasenhofen-Bypass etc.) has been not fixed yet......

b)S3 - Weinviertler Schnellstrasse. The next section between Hollabrunn and Guntersdorf should be built up in 2014-2017. The layout will be similar as the section Hollabrunn-Stockerau, only 2+1 lines-highway with the grade-separated junctions. In the Czech Republic (we are talking about the shortest connection between Prague and Vienna) there are only plan of national road (No.38) improvement. Bypasses of Jihlava and Moravske Budejovice were built the construction of the bypass-road in Znojmo will go on.....

c)the connection Braunau am Inn - A8.at - I suppose that previous plans to build up the motorway have been cancelled or - at least - postponed indefinitely.
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #2743
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18300

I wrote here some posts ago that I got a Parkenstrafe for 36€ in December.
Like a good citizen, I sent the money to their account the same week.

Now, I receive a letter that I had parked wrongly and I have to send 48€. Just checked my banking account, and the money was delivered, with the right code and everything.

I guess now I have to send an email or call the number and tell them I already payed. I won't pay them anything else.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #2744
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I wrote here some posts ago that I got a Parkenstrafe for 36€ in December.
Like a good citizen, I sent the money to their account the same week.

Now, I receive a letter that I had parked wrongly and I have to send 48€. Just checked my banking account, and the money was delivered, with the right code and everything.

I guess now I have to send an email or call the number and tell them I already payed. I won't pay them anything else.
Unless you've committed an offence twice within a short period...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #2745
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Unless you've committed an offence twice within a short period...
No, the offence refers to the parking, street is the same, and I made sure not to repeat it.
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM   #2746
rower2000

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Probably just a stupid mistake at the responsible Bezirkshauptmannschaft. Just call them and explain in a friendly manner and it will resolve itself, I think .
rower2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:21 PM   #2747
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by rower2000 View Post
Probably just a stupid mistake at the responsible Bezirkshauptmannschaft. Just call them and explain in a friendly manner and it will resolve itself, I think .
Which one would that be? He lives in Germany. When I get a speeding ticket it always goes through BH Schwaz, because that's where I live, no matter where in Austria they've clocked me.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2748
rheintram
yeah, whatever

Likes (Received): 924

You always have some clerk that is responsible for you. It usually says on the letter that you got.
rheintram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM   #2749
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I called there and gave then the id number on the letter. The guy checked, but said there is no record of money being transferred and told me to send them an E-Mail with the bank transfer details to localize where the money went. I did, hopefully it will be resolved.
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:57 PM   #2750
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Which one would that be? He lives in Germany. When I get a speeding ticket it always goes through BH Schwaz, because that's where I live, no matter where in Austria they've clocked me.
There's no Bezirkshauptmannschaft in Vienna, only Magistrat and Bundespolizeidirektion (depending on the violation).
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:42 PM   #2751
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

It was the Magistrat.
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #2752
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Hello, I have a quick question for you all -

The A6 opened in 2007, as far as I know. Was there a small section of A6 open before that, after the border crossing on the Slovak D4? Or if not - where did the traffic go after the border crossing?

Also : does anyone know if the border crossing on the D4/A6 was open for trucks?

Thanks!
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #2753
phiberoptik
Şerif

Likes (Received): 19

Datum/Autobahnabschnitt/Länge (km)
1999/ASt Kittsee - Staatsgrenze Kittsee A_SK/3,201

Info: http://www.wabweb.net/verkehr/austria/a_ab3.htm
phiberoptik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #2754
rower2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Hello, I have a quick question for you all -

The A6 opened in 2007, as far as I know. Was there a small section of A6 open before that, after the border crossing on the Slovak D4? Or if not - where did the traffic go after the border crossing?
Onto B50 at what is now Kittsee exit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Also : does anyone know if the border crossing on the D4/A6 was open for trucks?
I'm not sure, but I somehow remember a 7,5 ton weight limit on the Austrian side before A6 was opened. However, it's quite possible that I confuse it with some other stretch.
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #2755
rower2000

As a side remark, a 50 ct fee will be introduced for using the restrooms on fuel stations and rest houses on Austrian motorways. In compensation, one gets a 50 ct voucher which can be used at any fuel station on Austrian motorways for fuel or goods from the mini-stores. They are valid for at least one year and up to five vouchers can be redeemed per purchase. This system is going to be adopted as more and more fuel stations started to charge for the restrooms in an unregulated way and Asfinag is obviously tired of going to trial against their tenants...
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #2756
bogdymol
bogdymod

What I hate at Austrian motorways fuel stations: at the restroom there's always a lady looking angry at you to see how much money you leave on her table when you enter the restroom. If they want to toll the restrooms, they should do it in an elegant way, with the vouchers (like in the Marche shops).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Nordic20T liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2757
rower2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
What I hate at Austrian motorways fuel stations: at the restroom there's always a lady looking angry at you to see how much money you leave on her table when you enter the restroom. If they want to toll the restrooms, they should do it in an elegant way, with the vouchers (like in the Marche shops).
That's exactly why this system is now introduced. Asfinag is totally fed up with those "beggar ladies" in front of the toilets, they even went to court over the situation. While the ruling was in favor of Asfinag, the fuel companies threatened to give up the rest areas, thus a compromise had to be made (Asfinag wanted free use for the toilets, but the rest area companies didn't go with it, so now this voucher system is introduced.)
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #2758
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

In Germany the SANITAIR vouchers work fine. It is a small fee that prevents loitering
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #2759
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

Weren't these "toilet-ladies" more a phenomenon in Lower Austria, Vienna and Burgenland? I can't remember having them seen west of St. Pölten.
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #2760
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
In Germany the SANITAIR vouchers work fine. It is a small fee that prevents loitering
Just those price-reduction tokens you get when using the lavatories are so useless if you always bring your own food instead of consuming some comparably expensive stuff at these rest areas

Such tokens are known in Switzerland as well (this one already expires after one month only )

Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
austria