daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #2881
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8718

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Then you can also ban filming at concerts, football matches, discos, restaurants, parties, monuments, squares, and everywhere outside private homes. Nonsense. When you're outside your home you accept that other people can see you and maybe photograph or film you. According to Italian law it's not even illegal to publish on the press\web\TV a pic or footage containing recognizable people recorded randomly in a public place. Let alone in amatorial vids not subjected to be broadcasted. Currently the only country where you cannot take pics\vids in public without authorization is North Korea.
You're talking about two different things here.

The one would be called freedom of panorama. Something that is outlawed in Italy (http://punto-informatico.it/2030219/...-italiota.aspx) and there's most likely no other country out there with such a liberal ruling to it than Austria.

Another completely different thing is surveillance cameras. Those have to be permitted for the simple reason that a constant filming of public spaces violates the right of every person not to have pictures taken of him. Such cams do not take panorama pictures, but focus on a certain spot. You must have legit reasons for installing such a thing on public spaces. Someone might scratch my car is not among those reasons, therefore the Commission rightfully dismissed the appeal.

Webcams take panorama shots are therefore within the scope of the freedom of panorama.

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:57 PM   #2882
bogdymol
bogdymod

My car dash-cam records the panorama along the road (it doesn't focus on a certain spot on the road).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2883
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

But it's definitely no panorama anymore if you got it running inside a city, while the car is parked. As the commission stated, having the camera run all the time you're driving, it is no longer a panorama shot, but classic surveillance. Anyhow, this is a purely theoretical discussion, since you won't get fined. No cop will ever pull you over for having a camera installed.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM   #2884
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Krems an der Donau/Stein - Danube port - the national roads B3 and B35:

pictures/2006:

hofburg liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM   #2885
Moravian

Melk (2006):

hofburg, snowdog liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM   #2886
Moravian

Duernstein/Wachau: the national road B3:

snowdog liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:48 PM   #2887
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moravian View Post
Krems an der Donau/Stein - Danube port - the national roads B3 and B35:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-S...0/IMG_3959.JPG
I was at this spot already
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2888
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
But it's definitely no panorama anymore if you got it running inside a city, while the car is parked. As the commission stated, having the camera run all the time you're driving, it is no longer a panorama shot, but classic surveillance. Anyhow, this is a purely theoretical discussion, since you won't get fined. No cop will ever pull you over for having a camera installed.
Video-surveillance means having a fixed cam that films continuously a spot. This is not the case of a cam fixed in a moving car.
BTW, in Italy and probably in most of countries it's perfectly legal to put a video-surveillance cam in your own property, even if it's used by other people (like shops, bars, offices, private gardens and condominial parking lots). And it's right, with all those thefts and vandalism that happen, everybody has the right to defend his property. If we shot or even detain a thieve caught in our property we go to jail, at least allow us to film and report to the police (that most of the times does nothing).
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:33 PM   #2889
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
Something that is outlawed in Italy (http://punto-informatico.it/2030219/...-italiota.aspx) and there's most likely no other country out there with such a liberal ruling to it than Austria.
This is extremely BS. But after an our former PM (do I really need to say his name?) proposed to shut down the Italian-language wikipedia and delete all articles because "websites that allow instant editing should be forbidden" and after our government banned public unprotected wi-fi after 2005 London bombing because "it may be useful for criminals and terrorists", this appears quite mildy.
I agree that intellectual propertry should be protected when there is an economical interest, otherwise nobody would be interested in inventing something new or in publishing a new book or CD. But forbidding to publish on the net a photo of a monument or building b\c its architect is still alive or died less than 70 years ago is very stupid. It's not that you damage the author like selling illegally-copied books or CDs. But people are paranoid... even in the most stupid amatorial website they say that texts and pics are protected by copyright. Do you make a living with this amatorial website? No, but this stupid pic with absolutely no artistic value was taken by ME and AS A MERE PRINCIPE, I don't let anybody using it. If I publish a pic for example in this forum, what does I lost if someone copy-pastes it? Nothing, but not anybody thinks in that way...

It seems that many closed-minded politicians are scaried by all this freedom of information that the net allow.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:49 PM   #2890
Moravian

Vienna - quite busy junction between the national road No.1 (B1) and Wiener Gürtel (B221). Originally there should have been the beginning of the A1 Motorway (Westautobahn)

Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2891
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

@ italystf: The difference between you and me is, that I have a legal approach to the issue. I am telling you what the legal situation is like in Austria since this is what I studied for many years.

Mind the verdict by the Commission is not yet Supreme Court approved and could easily be quashed, but as I see it they had some very solid arguments and I'd be surprised if the SC would come to a different understanding of the relevant sections of the data protection act.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:24 AM   #2892
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moravian View Post
So to understand that sign you need to step out of the bus, take your looking glass and read very carefully?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:31 AM   #2893
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
So to understand that sign you need to step out of the bus, take your looking glass and read very carefully?
As a bus travel operator you should make yourself familiar with the local legislation, shouldn't you? At least imo you can't expect to drive anywhere you wish in such a big city with a big ass bus.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:35 AM   #2894
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I hardly believe that all bus drivers from half of Europe in such touristic city know meaning of this sign.
What does it mean?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #2895
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Not only the bus drivers need to know. Any driver who sees the sign will be trying figure out whether or not it prohibits all vehicles except buses -- and, if so, prohibits them from doing what and where exactly the prohibition applies.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:45 AM   #2896
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Quote:
I hardly believe that all bus drivers from half of Europe in such touristic city know meaning of this sign.
What does it mean?
It means you're supposed to take the right lane if you don't have a permit to enter the city. Anyone can apply for such a permit.

IIRC such signs are all along the road up to this intersection.

Edit: Those signs are here only on the 4 advent saturdays:

Quote:
"Bus zone special regulations
Access restriction for buses – unless holding a valid bus
access permit – on the 4 Saturdays during Advent: November
30, December 7, 14, and 21, 2013. On special occasions (see
www.bus.vienna.info) restrictions apply to the 1st, 6th, 7th, 8th and
9th districts. TIP: order bus access permits online at www.wien.at"
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM   #2897
Moravian

Quote:
It is the special regulation for coaches in central Vienna valid during Adventsaturdays (for example on Sundays - in December - this restriction is not enforced). Without special passport or permitting the coaches cannot enter Ringstrasse and whole downtown. And the number of those passport is strickly limited (300 sets). During these peak time there might be up to 1.000 coaches coming to Vienna mostly for one-day-trip. The sales runs only via internet.
What to do without the entrance permit? It is recommended to use underground and its wide network, on Saturdays there is big free coach parking place available in Prater.

There are several dropp-off/on point at the border of the for coaches restricted area for groups (without that permit). The most popular place was Schwedenplatz. However the coaches "avalanche" coming there on Saturdays round 5 pm caused really huge traffic jams. So the this bus-stop-possibility was definitely cancelled (in 2011). So far as I know there are following bus-stops: Am Praterstern, Am Heumarkt/Stadtpark, Secession/Naschmarkt, and two stop at Westbahnhof (at Mariahilfer Gürtel...).

The info signs are really small..It is always better to check the up-dates on internet or pick-up special coach drivers guide issued yearly by local authorities.....
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:35 PM   #2898
Moravian

Vienna - Floridsdorf, Northern bridge, Floridsdorfer bridge - focused on infrastructure (2006)

Luki_SL liked this post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #2899
Moravian

Vienna - Prater bridge (A23) - focused on infrastructure (2006)

Old May 4th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #2900
Moravian

Vienna - beginning of the A22 motorway (Donauferautobahn) - focused on infrastructure (2006)

Tags
austria