daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 24th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #3881
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_AT View Post
the real building time is 4 years for the tunnel Rudersdorf, the main reason for making slow (6 years) is the aim to get the whole S7 (west and east part) opened at the same time, at the moment the west part is in building status, the east is still missing

Thanks for the answers. However, I still don't get the time schedule..

- Why they need 4 years for a 3km tunnel? In 4 years, they managed to build the second tube at Bosruck and they plan to have the same for Gleinalm, which is more than 8km in length.. Or is there any special difficulty with this tunnel? If not, then setting 4 years construction time seems to be a delay on purpose, because they don't have the funds anyhow ATM...

Further, also synchronising opening with the eastern lot isn't a legitimate reason for an opening date of 2021:
- The eastern lot has no special difficulty (no tunnels at least), thus it could easily be done in 2 years once you have the permits...
- The maps at the Asfinag website and also the Asfinag press release from May 21st mention that the western lot will have a provisional connection to B65 east of Rudersdorf - thus I don't see the pre-condition that both lots can only be opened together, on the contrary, they do provision for opening the western lot alone..
(Sorry, can't post links, too few post count (<10))...
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2015, 07:26 PM   #3882
bogdymol
bogdymod

A4 Autobahn nearby Vienna Airport is currently expanded between Airport exit and Fischamend exit from 2+2 to 3+3 lanes. This is how it looks like now, during the works:

exact location

From left to right:
- traffic from Budapest to Vienna (on 2 narrow lanes)
- traffic from Vienna to Budapest (on 2 narrow lanes)
both of the above are currently going on the left carriageway which was already expanded to 3 full lanes + hard shoulder last year
- right carriageway, that is currently expanded with 1 more lane
- main road no. 9 (traffic in both directions, separate from the motorway)
- Vienna Airport perimeter road
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 07:03 PM   #3883
jachcemjest

Likes (Received): 1

If I recall correctly, there used to be some roof or some other bridge-like structure above the road and motorway. Do you know what was that and when and why did it disappear?
jachcemjest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 10:13 PM   #3884
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8711

That was an extension of runway 16/34 in case a plane should overshoot it. No idea why it was removed though.
Old June 8th, 2015, 11:47 AM   #3885
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Probably it was just unnecessary maintenance cost.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 09:07 PM   #3886
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

A26 Linz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
Quote:
The predicted AADT 2030 of the future A26 is 62,000 vehicles/day. Works should begin in 2015 but it's only 4.7km (650 million €). A26 project page.
EIS is completed now (source).
The EIS is challenged but A26 construction is announced to begin in Summer 2015 anyway. Source (German).
The "final" EIS is completed now . It took 7 years. Construction is announced to begin in July 2015, see press release.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

JackFrost liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:14 AM   #3887
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Any map?
Will it bypass the often congested urban section of A7?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #3888
[atomic]

Likes (Received): 122

here is a video:

In the Beginning they are just going to build the Bridge over the Danube.
After that comes the Tunnel and at last the Bridge over the rail lines will be replaced

augmentedreality liked this post
[atomic] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:40 AM   #3889
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Any map?
Will it bypass the often congested urban section of A7?
it will be the same thing as A7, just on the west side of the city. so, one more slow city motorway, mostly underground, and with plenty of city exits.
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:04 PM   #3890
MichiH

I found a news article. It reports that there will only be an official groundbreaking ceremony and information on 5th July 2015. Preliminary works should begin in fall 2015, construction works of the Danube bridge will being in the first half of 2016.

A26: Linz-Danube-North – Linz-Danube-South 0.9km (2016 to 2018) – projectmap
A26: Linz-Danube-South – Linz-Waldegg-Street 3.2km (2018 to 2024) – projectmap
A26: Linz-Waldegg-Street – Linz-Union-Street 0.6km (2027 to 2029) – projectmap

In addition, an eastern bypass of Linz is planned to relieve A7.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:19 PM   #3891
jachcemjest

Likes (Received): 1

How can happen that a short, basically just a feeder becomes A number and other routes are S roads? Especially with A7/S10 this is very funny...
jachcemjest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #3892
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachcemjest View Post
How can happen that a short, basically just a feeder becomes A number and other routes are S roads? Especially with A7/S10 this is very funny...
In Germany, A numbered roads are funded by the federal budget. B numbered roads are funded the same way but inside of cities (> 30,000 inhabitants) they have to be paid by the municipality. That's why the B75 expressway in Bremen was rededicated to A270 (10km feeder, 2+2 w/o shoulders) and A281 (20km city Autobahn, 2+2 w/o shoulders) gets Autobahn status. The Free Hanseatic City of Bremen (Germanies smallest state) has no money for building and maintaining these roads. I don't know but it could be similar in Austria?

Old June 20th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #3893
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Road numbering doesn't make sense in many countries...

Quote:
I found a news article. It reports that there will only be an official groundbreaking ceremony and information on 5th July 2015. Preliminary works should begin in fall 2015, construction works of the Danube bridge will being in the first half of 2016.

A26: Linz-Danube-North – Linz-Danube-South 0.9km (2016 to 2018) – projectmap
A26: Linz-Danube-South – Linz-Waldegg-Street 3.2km (2018 to 2024) – projectmap
A26: Linz-Waldegg-Street – Linz-Union-Street 0.6km (2027 to 2029) – projectmap

In addition, an eastern bypass of Linz is planned to relieve A7.
14 years for 4,7 km of motorway? Even with a bridge to build, it looks like a joke.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 03:45 PM   #3894
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11828

I guess, 527 mio EUR is big money even for Austria, and they build it step by step, so they dont have to provide the sources all at once. At least this could be a good reason why they intend to build it for 14 years.
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #3895
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

They don't have as much money to build these motorways, so they cut the project up in several parts. You'll see this with conventionally funded projects in Germany as well.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 08:40 PM   #3896
rudiwien

Quote:

German only, but a good exaplanation: from ASFINAG

Basically, there is no specific term for "Schnellstrasse" (S) in the law anymore, and most (especially new projects) S roads are at Autobahn Standard.

I guess naming most of the new ones "S" is a political reason, a Schnellstrasse sounds less intrusive than the Autobahn (everyone wants to be close to one, but also not disturbed by it :-))

Also, I'd guess that it has historical roots - the A26 is a relatively old project, when an "A" was maybe still considered a good thing..?
Old June 20th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #3897
rudiwien

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
14 years for 4,7 km of motorway? Even with a bridge to build, it looks like a joke.

Well, the construction times for the individual sections are quite ok, especially the one for the bridge is quite fast.

But as others said, the issue is financing; around 2009-2010, the project was threatened to be completely cancelled, or built as a Landeststrasse only, to save costs.

The compromise was then to build it as A, but to stretch the construction in several phases for funding reasons.
See e.g. (in German only) http://ooev1.orf.at/stories/492043
Old June 27th, 2015, 08:51 PM   #3898
MichiH

News

A5: Drasenhofen-North – south of Drasenhofen 5.5km (Fall 2016 to 2018) [1st c/w] – projectmap
A5: Drasenhofen-North – south of Drasenhofen 5.5km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – projectmap
A5: CZ/AT border – Drasenhofen-North 1km (? to ?) – projectmap
A5: south of Drasenhofen – Poysbrunn 2.5km (? to ?) – projectmap

According to an ASFINAG press release, the official EIS negotiation of the Drasenhofen bypass run well. They are confident that the EIS will be passed without any problem and the construction could begin in the 2nd half of 2016. The road should be opened in 2018. The widening to motorway standard will be done when the Czech R52 will be built.

Map of all sections: http://www.asfinag.at/documents/1018...7-0e65b49bbb7d.

S10: Freistadt-South – Unterweitersbach 13.6km (Spring 2012 to Late 2015) – projectmap

The construction site was opened for public today. The road will be opened in late December 2015. See press release.

SRC_100 liked this post
Old June 27th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #3899
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Wow, I didn't see that happening so quickly!

Come on CR, get the Mikoluv bypass built at least!
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2015, 09:31 PM   #3900
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
S10: Freistadt-South – Unterweitersbach 13.6km (Spring 2012 to Late 2015) – projectmap

The construction site was opened for public today. The road will be opened in late December 2015. See press release.
I was in Linz earlier today. If I only knew about this before...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
austria