daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #161
aniuska
Registered User
 
aniuska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 665
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownsteler View Post
I'm (obviously) highly impressed they managed to build this, but I think the station design is a bit underwhelming.
Station design is a copy of new Madrid metro stations design.
And the trains are exactly the same that the new trains of Barcelona metro.
I guess Spanish companies made this project...
aniuska no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #162
orad
MetroMan
 
orad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Santo Domingo
Posts: 2,283
Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniuska View Post
Station design is a copy of new Madrid metro stations design.
And the trains are exactly the same that the new trains of Barcelona metro.
I guess Spanish companies made this project...
Hi Aniuska

Metro de Madrid provided the design and supervision for this project and yes, station arquitecture and trainsets were choosen to match the latest Metro projects in Spain (the project was started on october 2005).

Civil works were all accomplished by Dominican companies while power supply and electronics were provided by Siemens. Track laying was done by French consortium TSO and rolling stock was built by Alstom in Spain.

Orad
orad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:31 AM   #163
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quente View Post
In light of the earthquake in Haiti, I'm assuming that the Santo Domingo subway didn't sustain any damage because it was far enough away from the epicenter (looks like about 165 miles/260 km). Is the subway built to withstand seismic activity?
Of course it is. As a modern country, dominican republic is up today on all kind of sismic codes developed by other countries in wicht sismic activity could cause damage on civil estructures. For the last 30 years all building constructed using concrete are fallowing stricts codes rules in order to preserve lives as long as it is posible to do when it comes to natural desasters.
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #164
Euromax
SSC Dominicana | Veterano
 
Euromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL (The "thumbs up" idea creator)
Posts: 5,130
Likes (Received): 298

I'm proud of our metro system
__________________
Viva
Quisqueya la bella

2 0 1 6
Dominican Republic | Republica Dominicana
Euromax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #165
mopc
Registered User
 
mopc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Santos Sao Paulo
Posts: 17,226
Likes (Received): 11944

The system looks very good, too bad stations are a little too colorful
mopc está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM   #166
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopc View Post
The system looks very good, too bad stations are a little too colorful
Color is cultural matter and depends on geographical settletment, weather and other subjects involved. Dominican Republic is a tropical paradise, full of color, is imposible to live without color when you have a day full of light. Monocramtic or tender colors are saved for other countries where all this topics menssioned before fix with their cultural ambience. Dominicans love color and fill preaty confortable involved with it, they hope foreighner coming over learn to celebrate color the same they do.....
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #167
mopc
Registered User
 
mopc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Santos Sao Paulo
Posts: 17,226
Likes (Received): 11944

Great thanks for teh cultural insight!
mopc está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #168
SIREG
Live life to the fullest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Hola a todas, soy nuevo en Skyscraper.
Queria saber si alguien me puede ayudar, estoy buscando informaciones sobre el proyecto del metro 2 de Santo Domingo, pero no consigo nada en internet. Queria saber si ya se adjudico la obra y quien la ganó, ademas de tener info sobre el tipo de proyecto.
Muchas gracias a todo, Antonio.
www.sireg.it
SIREG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:41 AM   #169
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIREG View Post
Hola a todas, soy nuevo en Skyscraper.
Queria saber si alguien me puede ayudar, estoy buscando informaciones sobre el proyecto del metro 2 de Santo Domingo, pero no consigo nada en internet. Queria saber si ya se adjudico la obra y quien la ganó, ademas de tener info sobre el tipo de proyecto.
Muchas gracias a todo, Antonio.
www.sireg.it
Te lo respondo pero si es en español tiene que ser por privado porque este es el foro internacional del metro y aqui es mejor hablar ingles.
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:20 PM   #170
SIREG
Live life to the fullest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchero View Post
Te lo respondo pero si es en español tiene que ser por privado porque este es el foro internacional del metro y aqui es mejor hablar ingles.
I'm sorry I did not know this was an interantional forum, I'm new on this
So, basically I would like to gather some more info about contractor who won the S. Domingo metro line 2 project and to know more about the project itself.
Any help is welcomed.
Ciao, Antonio.
SIREG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:44 AM   #171
Ele
All-in
 
Ele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montevideo
Posts: 993
Likes (Received): 53

Nice metro system! It´s great to see the second line already U/C
__________________
¿Quién puede reír, y ser feliz al mismo tiempo? EH?
Ele no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:40 AM   #172
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIREG View Post
I'm sorry I did not know this was an interantional forum, I'm new on this
So, basically I would like to gather some more info about contractor who won the S. Domingo metro line 2 project and to know more about the project itself.
Any help is welcomed.
Ciao, Antonio.
to have a first subway line was basicly a brave political desition but to design a campain to keep works on track was still more dificult because was a fight between the government and the oposition party which was traying to stop the project using all kind of arguments. When the first line was finished the government tired for defending itself for tree years announces the posibility to fallow the second line and the rest of the project but using investment coming from private founds.

It was basicaly an effort to stop the oposition about the project but the goverment didn´t have everything taken care off on that topic, so they begin the second line using 120 millions dollars from the national budget in which they call ¨preliminary works¨which means works asked by the investors before they decide to add money to the project.

That second line is just on track and what you can see from the photos all that is more than ¨preliminary works¨. Because the goverment has announces only to built half of second line it is posible investors are going to get on charge of the other half bedside to continius with the rest of the following lines, if it is the point maybe we get that information in just 2 and half years, just when the current presidency is finishing his period.
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:54 AM   #173
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

If you want to keep on track about how are developing works on second subway line here you have an address which is a SKC threat dedicated to that. There a bounch of guy are traying to keep up today on every single step on the building process bedside some pictures from the diferents venues in which action is happening.

Address: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...875130&page=74

There chatting is in spanish so if you don´t speak the language you can get the beneficts of the pictures to get a good idea abuot it.
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #174
SIREG
Live life to the fullest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchero View Post
to have a first subway line was basicly a brave political desition but to design a campain to keep works on track was still more dificult because was a fight between the government and the oposition party which was traying to stop the project using all kind of arguments. When the first line was finished the government tired for defending itself for tree years announces the posibility to fallow the second line and the rest of the project but using investment coming from private founds.

It was basicaly an effort to stop the oposition about the project but the goverment didn´t have everything taken care off on that topic, so they begin the second line using 120 millions dollars from the national budget in which they call ¨preliminary works¨which means works asked by the investors before they decide to add money to the project.

That second line is just on track and what you can see from the photos all that is more than ¨preliminary works¨. Because the goverment has announces only to built half of second line it is posible investors are going to get on charge of the other half bedside to continius with the rest of the following lines, if it is the point maybe we get that information in just 2 and half years, just when the current presidency is finishing his period.
Thanks a lot Chuchero, seems you are really inside the whole thing.
I gave a look at the thread you wrote me and it was really interesting as you said. By the way there are strange things happening here with this metro line, apart from any political analisys: the works they are carrying out which can be seen in the pics, are very important works which commonly are done according to building projects designed by consulting engineers.
Furthermore, S. Domingo Gov. has already ordered a TBM machine, which is really amazing since you can do this ONLY once you know the type of soil, ground condition, building method, TBM route etc.
So I suppose there is already a project which is well beyond our knowledge??
Ciao, Antonio.
SIREG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #175
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIREG View Post
Thanks a lot Chuchero, seems you are really inside the whole thing.
You welcome. That is always a plesure to help.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SIREG View Post
I gave a look at the thread you wrote me and it was really interesting as you said. By the way there are strange things happening here with this metro line, apart from any political analisys: the works they are carrying out which can be seen in the pics, are very important works which commonly are done according to building projects designed by consulting engineers.
Well, dominican goverment has created a public office to be on charge of everything has to do with the subway, that includes searching for tecnical assesory. That office called OPRET has optained the assesory of ¨metro de madrid¨ wich is keeping on track every single tecnical step, that assesory is costing the domincan govertment 14 million euros, so OPRET is realy getting that ¨know how¨from consuting engineers coming from Spain.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SIREG View Post
Furthermore, S. Domingo Gov. has already ordered a TBM machine, which is really amazing since you can do this ONLY once you know the type of soil, ground condition, building method, TBM route etc.
So I suppose there is already a project which is well beyond our knowledge??
Ciao, Antonio.
That is good to know Dominican Republic is a developing country wich is getting tecnologie on building construction since more than sixty year ago. A lot of dominican have gotten profesional degree in all kind of fields of knowlage in the most famous words universities, including a cople from italy, french, England, etc. So the only lacking experience is just all that has to do with train tecnologies but not in civil works like building construction or soil researches, we have a lot of good preparated profesional in that ground ready to response aproppiated on those requaraments. Of course that is known the type of soil santo domingo has underground even in every single step along the line of that subway proyect before it began.
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #176
SIREG
Live life to the fullest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Ciao Chuchero,
well maybe I did not explain myself in a proper way:

Well, dominican goverment has created a public office to be on charge of everything has to do with the subway, that includes searching for tecnical assesory. That office called OPRET has optained the assesory of ¨metro de madrid¨ wich is keeping on track every single tecnical step, that assesory is costing the domincan govertment 14 million euros, so OPRET is realy getting that ¨know how¨from consuting engineers coming from Spain.
Actually Spain is my first market since more than 11 years and I have to say they are really clever with metro sistems, even if there's a huge difference between Madrid and Bercelona in the way they conceive a metro project.
Madrid is much much more conservative while Barcelona is much more open minded. This is the reason why I sell glass fibre for soft-eye technology (in brief: concrete D-walls of launching and recovery shafts are partially reinforced with glass fibre straight bars and stirrups, in order for the TBM to be able to break throught the wall without damaging its cutting tools see also http://www.sireg.net/soft-eye.html ) applications to the Metro Line 9 of Barcelona (45km of extension) since more than 6 years, while Madrid does not want to hear about new technologies to be used when excavating with TBM machines in urban environment.
That the reason why I was surprised to see that kind of works they are carrying out at this stage, is that there is no winner of the whole project yet, and winner could not agree with these works they ardoing, especially if the contractor would like to use soft-eye technology or whatever other technology different from what they are using now in these preliminary works.





That is good to know Dominican Republic is a developing country wich is getting tecnologie on building construction since more than sixty year ago. A lot of dominican have gotten profesional degree in all kind of fields of knowlage in the most famous words universities, including a cople from italy, french, England, etc. So the only lacking experience is just all that has to do with train tecnologies but not in civil works like building construction or soil researches, we have a lot of good preparated profesional in that ground ready to response aproppiated on those requaraments. Of course that is known the type of soil santo domingo has underground even in every single step along the line of that subway proyect before it began.[/QUOTE]

Also about this I did not explain myself clearly: what I was saying is that it seems me amazing that OPRET spend million of Euro to buy a TBM machine without any contractor who had won the project. It's like if you buy a car while you are still taking classes to get you driving licence. You are not sure if you will get your driving license but you buy the car anyway.
I don't know if you understood me.
Ciao, Antonio.

Last edited by SIREG; April 7th, 2010 at 08:48 PM.
SIREG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #177
Pavlemadrid
Madrileñian member
 
Pavlemadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,186
Likes (Received): 2531


Madrid is not conservative, it's completely false, many people think it because Madrid is governed by right but it's a absurd generalization.
Madrid has the best gay pride in world by "TripOut Gay Travel" internauts for example.
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #178
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIREG View Post
Also about this I did not explain myself clearly: what I was saying is that it seems me amazing that OPRET spend million of Euro to buy a TBM machine without any contractor who had won the project. It's like if you buy a car while you are still taking classes to get you driving licence. You are not sure if you will get your driving license but you buy the car anyway.
I don't know if you understood me.
Ciao, Antonio.
I understand you baraly perfect, maybe is me who needs to explain a litle more about that. The idea to introduce the subject of private investors in the building construction was more a political subject to reduce the presure govertment was carring out in that moment, all that coming from the opositive party but the govertment didn´t have a schedule to contract private money since the beagining of the subway second line. The govertment only said they will do but never sayed when, neither whom is going to be the investor.

They still today are saying that investor is coming but the works are on track and everything is showing that fourteen kilometers(half of the all second line coverture) are going to be built by the public money. Posibly the second half of that line is going to be on charge of private investors, we don´t know. But in the mindwhile the govertment is buying all they need to keep on track of the works, that include the TBM machinne they have already contracted in china.
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #179
chuchero
Registered User
 
chuchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlemadrid View Post

Madrid is not conservative, it's completely false, many people think it because Madrid is governed by right but it's a absurd generalization.
Madrid has the best gay pride in world by "TripOut Gay Travel" internauts for example.
The only thing we know about Madrid is the great help they are giving to Santo Domingo in the process to built what is just taked as the most adventaged subway sistem in Latin america.
chuchero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #180
Pavlemadrid
Madrileñian member
 
Pavlemadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,186
Likes (Received): 2531


Puedes hablarme en español, soy de Madrid
No me he enterado bien de como iba esto, ¿La empresa que gestiona el metro de Madrid es la encargada de construir el metro de Santo Domingo?
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
dominican republic, santo domingo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium