daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #441
riles28
train

Likes (Received): 38

I thing if the JR east will introduced again a double deck shinkansen they will call it E8 series and the first car would be only a single level car also the end car and the middle car would be a bi - level car. and the seat configuration would become 2 + 1 seat.
riles28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #442
loefet

Likes (Received): 233

I doubt that we will ever see another double deck Shinkansen train, especially with only 2+1 seating. It isn't worth the effort, since in that configuration then a standard 2+3 seating car can take more passengers, so going double decker will only make it all more complex.
loefet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #443
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63118

It does look like that JR East wants to standardize the services and the rolling stock on the Tohoku Shinkansen, a bit like the current situation on the Tokaido Shinkansen. With the E5 and the E6/E3-2000 in more fixed formations on all services on the line. A new double deck Shinkansen doesn't really fit into this anymore.

It will be interesting what will happen with the E2 in the near future, a couple will now be transferred from the Tohoku to the Joetsu Shinkansen to replace the couple of 200 series that are in service. But with more E5s coming in we should already see the retirement of some of the oldest sets in the next couple of years. Although the retirement of the E4 might give them some extra time.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #444
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

India, Japan enter into talks on Mumbai–Ahmedabad high-speed corridor
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...2A111C1MM8000/

Quote:
 日印両政府はインドが計画している高速鉄道への新幹線の採用を巡り、事業を具体化するための政府間協議に入る。カンボジアのプノンペンで18日に開幕した東南アジア諸国連合(ASEAN)関連首脳会議の期間中に、野田佳彦首相とインドのシン首相が会談して早期の協議開始で合意する見通しだ。

両国が検討するのは、インド最大都市ムンバイと北西部の工業都市アーメダバードを結ぶ約500キロメートル。6路線ある高速鉄道構想のうち周辺人口が最も多い。事業費は数千億~1兆円程度とみられる。日本は高速鉄道の第1号路線に新幹線を導入し、残る5路線の獲得につなげたい考えだ。

ムンバイ―アーメダバード路線は事前調査を仏コンサルタント企業が受託し、高速鉄道「TGV」を持つフランスが受注を目指していた。しかしインド政府は新幹線の安全性や運行の正確さを評価し、日本と事業化の協議に入る方針を決めた。

政府間協議では新幹線を採用した場合の運営会社のあり方や円借款を含めた資金調達方法、採算性などを詰める。日本は鉄道車両や運行システムだけでなく、管理や保守などのパッケージとしての輸出を狙っている。

今年1月には当時の前田武志国土交通相がインドを訪問し、高速鉄道に関する次官級の検討委員会の設置で合意。同国南部の大都市を通る路線の事前調査を日本の企業連合が落札するなど協力が加速している。
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #445
quashlo

Conservationists push for new Hokuriku Shinkansen alignment near Tsuruga
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/region/news...2090002-n1.htm

Quote:
 ■ヘイケボタル生息地も

重要な湿地を保全するラムサール条約に登録された中池見湿地(敦賀市樫曲)に北陸新幹線の建設ルートが予定されていることを受け、財団法人「日本自然保護協会」は19日、絶滅危惧種10種類以上や、ヘイケボタルの国内最大級の生息地に影響するとの調査結果を発表した。同日、国にルート計画の見直しを求める要望書を提出した。

調査は昨春から今秋にかけて実施。北陸新幹線の予定ルートでは湿地の水源地の一つである特殊な地形の山を貫通するほか、ミズトラノオやクロゲンゴロウなど絶滅危惧種10種や準絶滅危惧種11種をはじめとする貴重な水生動植物が集まる後谷地区を通過する。同地区は平成22、23年に全国36カ所で行われたヘイケボタルの調査で調査面積当たりで平均1590個体を記録。ほかの地域の600個体以下と比べて飛び抜けて多く、国内最大級の生息地となっている。

周辺では貴重なチョウ類の繁殖地やラン科植物があり、日本でしか繁殖が確認されていない鳥「ノジコ」も見られる。さらに6月に新種として登録された北日本型メダカのタイプ標本産地とされる“メダカの里”でもあり、約70種類のトンボが確認されるなど日本の原風景が残る。

北陸新幹線金沢-敦賀間は6月に認可、8月に発表されたルートが平成14年の環境影響評価の際の計画路線から150メートルほど湿地の内側に変更されている。これにより、貴重な動植物が集中生息する後谷地区などを通過することになり、地元から環境への影響を懸念する声が上がっている。

同協会ではラムサール条約の締約国として責務を果たすため、路線計画の変更とそれに伴う十分な科学的な調査や評価をした上で、周辺環境への影響が及ばないように配慮すべきだとの要望書を環境省と国土交通省に提出した。同協会の担当、高川晋一さんは「水源がかれた場合、復元ができるかどうかも分からず、影響は計り知れない」と国の慎重な対応を求めている。
Apparently the proposed alignment of the Hokuriku Shinkansne between Kanazawa and Tsuruga, which was finally approved in June of this year, passes through the Nakaikemi Wetlands, which are listed under the Ramsar Convention. The wetlands are home to over 10 endangered species (including Pogostemon yatabeanus (a species of mint) and Cybister brevis, a species of diving beetle), 11 threatened species, and the largest domestic population of the Japanese firefly (Luciola lateralis). The alignment proposed this August modifies the original alignment in the project’s environmental assessment conducted in 2002 by moving the line about 150 m into the wetlands.
Old November 21st, 2012, 07:48 PM   #446
quashlo

India, Japan PMs meet on bringing Shinkansen to India
http://japandailypress.com/prime-min...-india-2118747

Quote:
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India and Japanese premier Yoshihiko Noda met on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit in Cambodia on Tuesday, reaching an agreement to discuss the potential of bringing Japan’s shinkansen (“bullet train”) technologies to the populated South Asian country. Specific conditions have yet to be set, but India has been looking into a high-speed railway project for the future.

Japan’s experience and developments with bullet trains would specifically be applied to a 680 kilometer (422 mile) route that would connect the Indian cities of Pune, Mumbai, and Ahmedabad, running through several highly populated areas. This would be the central focus of India’s plans, which include six different high-speed train routes across a total of 4,100 kilometers (2,548 miles). The expectation of the Indian government is that equipment be manufactured locally, a strategy that would cut costs, attract investments, and provide new job opportunities.

A representative from Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism commented that the sideline meeting between the two countries’ leaders may have given the country a leg up over bidders for the project. Japan’s bullet train technologies and rail cars have only been exported to Taiwan, but earlier this year Hitachi landed a deal to bring $7 billion worth of high-speed trains to the U.K. In addition, several Asian countries like Vietnam and Thailand, as well as Brazil in South America, are looking into high-speed train advancements in order to serve their growing economies and populations.
English-language article on that other news item.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #447
quashlo

E5 series makes revenue-service run on Jōetsu Shinkansen

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Jōetsu Shinkansen, JR East operated a special charter run with an E5 series unit on 2012.11.17… Perhaps one day 20 years down the road, this will be a regular occurrence.

Departing Takasaki:

Departing Jōmō Kōgen:

Incidentally, the E5 series also won the Japan Railfan Club’s Blue Ribbon Award for 2012. JR Freight’s HD300-900 won the runner-up Laurel Award.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM   #448
quashlo

JR East unveils E6 series to press
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/life/news/1...1560012-n1.htm

Quote:
 JR東日本は22日、来年3月から「スーパーこまち」の列車名で秋田新幹線の営業運転に使う新型車両「E6系」を、宮城県利府町の新幹線総合車両センターで報道陣約60人に公開した。実際に使われる車両の公開は初めて。

E6系はロングノーズ形の先頭部分と、上半分をあかね色に塗った車両が特徴。全車両に振動を軽減する装置を搭載、乗り心地を向上させた。豊かに実った稲穂のように、普通車両の座席は黄金色。車両のマークは秋田出身説がある平安時代の歌人、小野小町をイメージした。

現在のE3系「こまち」は最高時速275キロだが、E6系は営業運転開始時に同300キロで走行し、東京-秋田間の下り所要時間が最速で現行より5分短い3時間45分となる。2014年春には同320キロでの運転を予定している。
Strangely enough, the same day as the JR Central unveiling of the L0 series…

Kyōdō news report (2012.11.22). Hopefully we’ll get a picture report soon.

Some recent E6 videos:

Delivery of Unit Z3’s Car 17 (2012.11.19):

First mass-production unit (Unit Z2) testing (2012.11.18 and 2012.11.19). Only four months to start of service.

Old November 25th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #449
SpeedoPro

Likes (Received): 21

what's the top speed of the e6? does the e6 incorporate tilting mechanism to handle curves?
SpeedoPro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #450
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoPro View Post
what's the top speed of the e6? does the e6 incorporate tilting mechanism to handle curves?
Top speed is 320km/h.
The tilting system is aircushion, allowing up to 1.5 degrees of tilt, which enables the trainset to negotiate a 4000 meter radius curve at the full speed of 320km/h.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #451
quashlo

JR East to move Shinkansen control center to Saitama
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/national/ne...htm?from=ylist

Quote:
 JR東日本は、新幹線の運行を管理する「新幹線運行本部総合指令室」を、2年後をめどに現在のJR東京駅付近からさいたま市に移転させる。

発生が懸念される首都直下地震に備え、地盤が比較的安定しているとされる地域に移し、建物の耐震性も高める。テロ対策なども含め、危機管理体制を強化する狙いだ。

同指令室は、JR東が運行する東北、上越、長野、秋田、山形の各新幹線ですべての列車を監視し、円滑な運行のため指示を出す「頭脳基地」だ。地震などで被害を受ければ、新幹線の運休が長期化するなどの影響が出かねないため、より安全性が高い場所に移す必要があると判断した。
Mostly motivated by concerns over possible damage from seismic events and terrorism. As the JR East Shinkansen services become more and more complicated in the near future with the upcoming Hokkaidō Shinkansen and Hokuriku Shinkansen extensions, perhaps it also makes more sense to move the control center closer to Ōmiya.
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #452
SpeedoPro

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post
Top speed is 320km/h.
The tilting system is aircushion, allowing up to 1.5 degrees of tilt, which enables the trainset to negotiate a 4000 meter radius curve at the full speed of 320km/h.
thanks. that's pretty awesome.
SpeedoPro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #453
loefet

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post
Top speed is 320km/h.
Do you know if they will use the tilt system for the Mini Shinkansen lines as well, to increase the speeds in the curves as well?
I know that 1.5° isn't that much but they might still be able to get some kind of increase.
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #454
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by loefet View Post
Do you know if they will use the tilt system for the Mini Shinkansen lines as well, to increase the speeds in the curves as well?
I know that 1.5° isn't that much but they might still be able to get some kind of increase.
It's conceivable, as tilt is used on regular lines with 130km/h speed limits. Depends on the line characteristics.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:29 AM   #455
quashlo

First mass production E6 unit

Finally got some pictures from that press unveiling last week at the Shinkansen General Rolling Stock Center near Sendai:
Source: http://rail.hobidas.com/blog/natori/

The first mass production unit has been designated as Unit Z2. Formation is 5M2T, starting from Car 11 (car closest in the picture): E611-2 + E628-2 + E625-2 + E625-102 + E627-2 + E629-2 + E621+2. A total of 24 units will be introduced by spring FY2014.

Mostly looks the same as the prototype unit manufactured two years ago, but obviously, it’s got a big logo plastered on it.

Green car (Car 11). The reading lights embedded into the sides of the headrest in the prototype have been moved to a new location underneath the overhead bins.

Standard car (Car 13). They’ve completely removed the reading lights in the standard cars.

The doors between cars feature stencils of riceplants.

Multi-purpose restroom in Car 12.

timo9 liked this post
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM   #456
Silver Swordsman

Likes (Received): 101

You know, I gotta say, despite all the jokes about Japan's trainsets looking weird, the E6 actually doesn't look half bad.
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM   #457
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6999

E6 actually looks very nice. And livery - much better than E5.
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM   #458
loefet

I completely disagree, the E5 is way better than the E6, they should have continued the pink in a similar fashion to the E5 on the E6.
The interior though looks really great though.
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:35 PM   #459
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Both E5 and E6 are probably the worst-looking HSR trainsets ever (ok, Talgo 350 may join the club too). Or perhaps I just don't get something their designers wanted to say. I think both E5 and E6 look absolutely horrible from the outside.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:56 PM   #460
Silver Swordsman

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
Both E5 and E6 are probably the worst-looking HSR trainsets ever (ok, Talgo 350 may join the club too). Or perhaps I just don't get something their designers wanted to say. I think both E5 and E6 look absolutely horrible from the outside.
The designers aren't trying to say anything; they're trying to mitigate the tunnel boom effect that has been plaguing shinkasen operations at high speeds. Japan's train designers aren't considering aesthetics; this is hardcore utilitarianism.