daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Best Overall Desing of U/C Latin American Skyscrapers and Towers
Ice Tower 6 9.52%
Los Faros de Panamá 4 6.35%
Torre Torrena Zapopan 2 3.17%
Torre Costanera Center 30 47.62%
Trump Ocean Club 7 11.11%
Vitri Tower 2 3.17%
Arts Tower 5 7.94%
Waters Tower 3 4.76%
Ocean Two 0 0%
Pearl Tower 2 3.17%
Aqualina 0 0%
Ocean One 0 0%
Tower Financial Center 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 27th, 2007, 04:32 AM   #41
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publi-sky View Post
The Ice Tower is cancelled this week.

Megapolis is not under construction, is only proposed

Costanera Center, the best!!
Too bad Costanera Center is just one project, when is done there will be plenty of time for you to brag on it cuz you won´t have nothing else to talk about, ohhhhh!!! I forgot Titanium and.......... that´s it, bye.

Last edited by Dr Drums; July 2nd, 2007 at 05:08 AM.
Dr Drums no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #42
armael
quì riposo,quì nonlavoro

Likes (Received): 627

It may be proposed but that doesn't mean is not going to be built, if I am not wrong conbstruction may start next year...Costanera Tower is nice but I find it too simple, has no life,
Quote:

armael no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #43
Publi-sky
Ya po!

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by armael View Post
It may be proposed but that doesn't mean is not going to be built, if I am not wrong conbstruction may start next year...Costanera Tower is nice but I find it too simple, has no life,
luckyly most of Latin America and this threas thinks different that you.

After the occurred thing with ICE Tower, I doubt that this project takes off someday .
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:08 AM   #44
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

What happened with the Ice Tower has nothing to do with this other project, there are hundreds of skyscrapers being built at this moment in Panama City, and the Megapolis most probably will be constructed, sales of this building are going great, just because one was redesigned and change name doesn´t mean that all the other projects will be affected by that, that could happen anywhere, in fact still the tallest building under construction in Latin America is being built in Panama City, I´m talking about Los Faros de Panamá (346m) and construction is going just great, so don´t be so sure about your opinion, but I´m sure you will be glad if it won´t be built (envy perhaps?)
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #45
Jorgenio

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Drums View Post
Too bad Costanera Center is just one project, when is done there will be plenty of time for you to brag on it cuz you won´t have nothing else to talk about, ohhhhh!!! I forgot Titanium and.......... that´s it, bye.
I don't think you should be doing such "mine is bigger than yours" comments when you started this thread. I think you should be the first interested in keeping it clean..

By the way, I'm not particularly fond of Costanera Center. My favorite from the list was Trump Ocean Club.
Jorgenio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:54 PM   #46
Chilenofuturista
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt

Likes (Received): 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Drums View Post
I'm warning you. That's enough! Enough is enough! Ok? You're behaving like the worst brat ever to be born on this planet. You're making a fool of yourself with that childish behaviour.
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #47
armael
quì riposo,quì nonlavoro

Likes (Received): 627

Wow! Things are getting out of control, all because Costanera got most of the votes, I took other look to Costanera and I kind of like it because it reflects the future of Santiago as a metropolis, and also is not just a square but has some erratic forms on the top. In addition, I like buildings with blue glasses! That’s my opinion!
Panama city has a different look than Santiago de Chile , the buildings may be different because the location and, the weather, I think so!. there are some projects in Panama city that I do not like and others that are so good to be true, for example MEGAPOLIS..
MEGAPOLIS !!!THE NEW WONDER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilenofuturista View Post
I'm warning you. That's enough! Enough is enough! Ok? You're behaving like the worst brat ever to be born on this planet. You're making a fool of yourself with that childish behaviour.
armael no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:20 AM   #48
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:

Quote:
luckyly most of Latin America and this threas thinks different that you.

After the occurred thing with ICE Tower, I doubt that this project takes off someday .

This is childish behavior!!! for Christ sakes are you blind??

Chilenofuturista please why do you always have to pick on me, stop with the threads, just because this commentaries were made by another Chilean then is ok, and there´s no problem with that, he is saying the same thing (mine is the best and I doubt your projects ever get build), but when I say something against those poisonous commentaries in order to defend my country and our image you always jump on me (is not the first time), you have to be more imparcial (that´s an advice I give you), you are suposed to be a Moderator so moderate and don´t come threatening people who are not from your country and be blind with the comentaries of Chileans everyone who enters this thread will notice that.

Last edited by Dr Drums; July 6th, 2007 at 05:44 AM.
Dr Drums no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 09:30 AM   #49
Joze SA

Likes (Received): 8

Esta calentito el debate xD, jajajaja
La verdad es que oscile al votar, pero mi voto es tan logico que ni lo mensiono. Panama obviamente tiene muxos mas highrises que Santiago, y por eso en conjunto "nos vuelan la raja" jajajaja, pero el CC tiene el merito no solo del diseno, el hecho de estar cubierto entero de vidrio y de resaltar en su ambiente, si no que de ser de un pais tremendamente seismico y no con muchas cualidades como para hacer crecer torres de mas de 200 metros como callampas en un cerro. Pienso que algunos foristas se lo toman demaciado enserio, incluso son capases de ofender, por eso queridos compatriotas y Panamenos, relajemos las tensiones por favor, a mi tambien me gustan Los Faros, encuentro alucinante la Ice Tower y Torrena (excepto por el nombre), pero mi preferencia es otra, asi de simple y sencillo. Saludos
Joze SA no está en línea   Reply With Quote