daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #41
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

wow! 2 in one week is impressive
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #42
cyborg81
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Go HYDERABAD!
cyborg81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #43
rajnath27
luvhydbad

Likes (Received): 7

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg81 View Post
Go HYDERABAD!

I am a new member of your discussion board. I have been following your discussions since a long time. i am an ardent lover of skyscrappers and pleased to hear that they are coming up in hyderabad. Here's some info which I gathered a while ago. Many of you may know this. But here's the news. Reliance has won the final bid to build the APIIC 100 storey towers. there was a very close competition between the Israeli company and reliance. Reliance is going to hold a stake of 66%, shoba developers from Bangalore is going to hold 23% and the rest by APIIC. The same information can be verified from the following web site:

http://www.business-standard.com/com...o=290447&tab=r

Also heard that APIIC stipulates that reliance build the 100 storey tower first so that it can hand over the remaining land for the other 30 storey towers. As everyone knows(I guess) the 100 storey APIIC tower is slated to be completed by 2010. I also heard that the construction of the 100 storey tower is going to start by this september. Probably this would also explain the fact that why there is no much hype or renderings about their project as of now while LANCO has come up with renderings, a good web site and POSTERS LITERALLY all over the important junctions in Hyderabad posting their magnificent tower project. Which means that this(LANCO) thing is for sure.(as they have gone public with their renderings)

if any members have further info about the CBD at manchirevula plz share

thx in advance
rajnath27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #44
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

welcome rajnath27
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:28 AM   #45
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 79

Lanco Group has essentially broken the dam holding back supertall/highrise skyscraper demand in India. They have surpassed every expectation in the overwhelming response to their bookings at Lanco Hills. 4 million sq feet booked within 3 days of opening! That's nuts!

There is no holding back now... this is a new era in Indian real estate. I always said, it just needed one project big enough to shock everybody to realize the potential and the unsatisfied demand

Thing to note, Lanco is hardselling the tower, which would presumably start construction in phase 2 of the project -- 1-2 years time -- as the tallest residential tower in the world.

Overwhelming response to sale of residential space
Quote:
2007-07-18 16:50:20 Source : Moneycontrol.com

The offer for sale of residential apartments at Manikonda, Hyderabad by LANCO Hills Technology Park Pvt Ltd – a 74% subsidiary of LANCO Infratech Ltd (LITL) – has received tremendous response. About 4 million square feet of residential space has been booked within three days of the opening of the bookings to the public.

LANCO Hills is one of the largest mixed development projects in the world comprising residential accommodation, IT SEZ and Non-SEZ area, commercial spaces, malls, entertainment zones and hotels. The signature tower being planned at LANCO Hills would be the world’s highest residential tower. The total area being developed would be around 30 million square feet. The complete project is targeted for completion in various phases ranging from 2 to 4 years.

ommenting on the tremendous response, LITL Chairman L Madhusudhan Rao said, “The phenomenal response received for the bookings of residential accommodation at LANCO Hills indicates the demand for quality apartment buildings in Indian cities. It would be our endeavor to undertake high quality property initiatives and deliver them within committed time schedules. The confidence reposed in the company by the public has been a humbling experience.”

LANCO Infratech Ltd is one of the fastest growing corporate entities in India with gross revenue of Rs 16,473 million and a net worth of Rs 15,105 million. It has more than two decades of experience operating in the core sectors of Power Generation, Power Trading, Realty, Engineering and Construction and other Infrastructure projects. At present, the power portfolio includes an operating capacity of 518 MW and additional capacities under construction aggregating to more than 3,200 MW. The Construction and EPC division of the company is executing various orders worth more than Rs 7,500 crore.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:17 AM   #46
Mono_Tech
AUTOBAHN

Likes (Received): 8

Wow... incredible!
Mono_Tech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM   #47
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

"as the tallest residential tower in the world."

really? will it be taller than 610m?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:54 PM   #48
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 4

Rough guess is around 450m
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:28 PM   #49
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

probably they've never heard from the CS
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #50
Jai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab041937 View Post
Rough guess is around 450m
I don't think they even put any estimates out there

Hell, I'd be happy if its just up there with the worlds tallest residentials.
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #51
Jai

Here are construction site photos taken by SSC India forumer krishnahyd2007. Several residential towers have already begun construction:

Plan of phase 1 of the project

Cheers,
Jai
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #52
Hindustani

Likes (Received): 626

krishnahyd & Jai....................thanks for the update. wonderful.
Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:28 AM   #53
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

I love the design and the height... i hope that they build it...
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #54
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Holy shit, the newer renders are great!
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #55
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

great to see some UC pics, hopefully the supertall will start also soon
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #56
aditya234

Likes (Received): 0

Great stuff!!
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:04 AM   #57
Jai

This article has some updated information on and a photo of the construction of the project

IHT: Where concept of a 'pet rock' has reached its apex
Quote:
New York Times: HYDERABAD JOURNAL

By Somini Sengupta
Published: August 17, 2007

The great granite boulders scattered across the Deccan Plateau gain their prominence from outcroppings in Hyderabad, where residents are trying to save them from developers’ dynamite.

HYDERABAD, India: They rise unexpectedly between glass office towers or at the base of a 12th-century fort. Sometimes they are perched precariously, one on top of another, as though they were the left-behind playthings of a civilization of giants. More and more, they are broken into bits, first by dynamite, then painstakingly by hand, so that the earth can be flattened and new office towers can come up.

They are the primordial rocks that litter this boomtown. Over the years they have earned nicknames that hint at their improbable shapes: Bear's Nose, Stone Heart. Some have become Hindu temples and Sufi Muslim shrines; others, on occasion, have become billboards.

Today, as Hyderabad builds at breakneck speed, the rocks have become the focus of one of India's many emerging citizens movements. The Society to Save Rocks, as it is called, aims to protect the geological heritage of the city against the swift march of urban development.

The rocks, formed at least two billion years ago, remain a peculiar feature of the vast tableland, the Deccan Plateau, where Hyderabad sits.

Boomtowns across India have spawned movements of similar vigilance, part of a tiny but visible trend among middle-class Indians to save something of the natural or cultural heritage of their cities against the onslaught of the new.

In Chennai, on the southern coast, neighborhood groups have mounted campaigns to restore Hindu temples' traditional water tanks, which have either been built over or fallen into disrepair, depriving the city of its water storage areas and worsening floods during the monsoon.

In Mumbai, formerly Bombay, preservationists have campaigned to save colonial-era buildings, and in New Delhi, a government plan to widen a road for big new buses has encountered a movement to save the imperiled trees in its path.

Of course, these first hints of resistance conflict with urban India's other needs and desires.

To developers in Hyderabad, for instance, the rocks, mostly granite and granite gneiss, are encumbrances that must be cleared for construction projects.

Hyderabad's population has nearly doubled in 25 years, to an estimated 4.2 million. Once a quaint city of monuments, it is now one of India's new technology hubs. Developers are rushing to erect office towers and multiplex cinemas. The building frenzy is visible in every corner.

In one of those corners, an ambitious 110-acre development called Lanco Hills is under way, an office park for technology companies, high-rise apartments, two hotels and one of the largest shopping malls in the country. There are no boulders anywhere in its promotional materials, as though the landscape had been scrubbed clean.

In fact, that is exactly what is happening, and at a hefty cost to the developer. On a company tour of the site one afternoon, a drilling machine ground its way through the large boulders, cutting holes for dynamite. Once the bigger boulders were dislodged, the process would start again on smaller boulders, until the rocks were small enough to go into a crushing machine and turned into a fine powder used to fortify concrete.

On a summer Sunday afternoon, Vasu Nugala and C. J. Rao stood on a bluff overlooking the construction site, watching machines gouge out the underside of the hill, as though carving a side of roast beef. The bluff itself, home to a 14th-century Muslim shrine, was not endangered, and on this day families came to picnic and worship, huddling under outcroppings of the giant boulders when the dark rain clouds burst.

Neither Nugala nor Rao were averse to the changes sweeping through Hyderabad. In fact, they were part of it — Nugala being a software man, recently returned from Tucson, Arizona, Rao being in real estate.

"I know we're not going to stop the development," Nugala said. "I just hope we ease up a little."

Rao added, "These rocks can't go up again once they are gone."

At construction sites in booming Hyderabad, the rugged rocks are being turned into gravel to make way for high-tech offices.

Their campaign has succeeded in creating a rock park in the heart of the city, overlooking a lake. It has also led to the designation of nine rock formations as heritage sites, including the Bear's Nose, which is to sit smack inside a proposed hotel in what is known as the Cyber City neighborhood. Some of the technology campuses have artfully incorporated the boulders into their design, transforming them into rock gardens.

But enforcing the heritage designation requires constant vigilance by citizens groups, said Narendra Luther, a longtime member of the Society to Save Rocks. He should know; he spent his entire career in the Indian government bureaucracy. "We are very poor in implementing our laws," he said.

Luther lives with the rocks. One dominates his living room, forming a wall that divides the sitting area from the dining room. The same boulder shoots up through the ceiling into the apartment upstairs, where Luther's son lives with his own family. His 5-year-old grandson, Rishab, scrambles up and down its steep smooth side.

"I came in 1958. I was fascinated by it," Luther said of his obsession with the city's ancient boulders. "First, the sheer presence of the rocks and the fantastic shapes, sometimes defying gravity, one right over the other. It looks like somebody has placed it there and you can give it a slap and it will fall."

Developers have approached with sweet offers for his house, which occupies a big plot of land in one of the best neighborhoods in town. He has brushed them off.
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #58
Jai

Some updates on the project

Construction is underway on many of the residential buildings:

Site prep for the commercial towers:

Site prep for the 100+ storey Signature Tower:
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #59
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

thx for the pics. seems the tower will stand alone when completed
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #60
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Any update on this one? Has been a LONGGGGG time!
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall