daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2010, 01:45 PM   #121
shreyansh

Likes (Received): 19

cc Lanco hills

Check out more pics at
http://www.lancohills.com/Project_Status.pdf
http://www.lancohills.com/daynight.html
shreyansh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:21 PM   #122
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

this would be great for hyderabad
at least the rest of the project is under way
boschb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #123
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

In respect to the status of the Signature Tower
I visited the Lanco Hills Website (http://www.lancohills.com/)

The Live chat (helpdesk - although I think it is automated) provided me with this:

"The plan for signature tower is intact and we will definitely come up with but the present market condition is still not giving that confidence to take up such a huge residential venture. It can get a kick start any moment, when the market earns a capacity to consume."

when I asked about the status of the Signature Tower

Just FYI....
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #124
sweet-d

Likes (Received): 265

damn this tower is gonna look really good when it's finished.
sweet-d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 06:48 PM   #125
Gudavalli

Likes (Received): 5125

Is this tower still being built as planned or cancelled?
Gudavalli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #126
Gudavalli

Likes (Received): 5125

E-mails I'd recieved from Lanco Hills:

"Further to your requirement, SIGNATURE TOWER is 112 floors tower, which is at the stage of getting final approvals from Civil Aviation so once these approvals are clear the construction would be started."

"This Mail is regarding Signature Tower. As of now we are working on that project, it is under approval stage. Further details i will let you know when it is finalized."
Gudavalli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #127
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Just got the same mail!....I am just gonna hope they are not screwing around with us!

Last edited by dunefreezer; November 3rd, 2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:08 PM   #128
kailash9999

Likes (Received): 1590

The project is still On but the developer claims they are waiting for the right conculsive time to kickstart the project. Everyone is eagerly awaiting with a bated breath for the project to start

kailash9999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:27 PM   #129
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Very, very stunning and elegant tower!
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #130
kailash9999

Phase I of Lanco Hills with 8 Residential Towers and 1 IT tower Complete, Phase II has begun with additional 20 floor towers which have seen 60% booking since launched a few weeks ago along with it 7 more High Rise Residential towers (Work on 4 towers have already begun but stalled at the end of 1st Phase, work on these towers should resume now in the 2nd Phase) and finally the rest of the Commercial/IT Towers are expected to be constructed, Hoping the Signature Tower gets built in the Final Phase.

Google Map screenshot of the progress;

Click on picture to view in full resolution

Here's a recap, At 112 fl and 604 m (1982 ft), if built will be one of the tallest Residential Towers in the World !

Some old but High Resolution Renders;

Source:

Click on pictures to view in full resolution

Last edited by kailash9999; August 9th, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #131
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

At 604 meters this WILL be the tallest residential tower in the world.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #132
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

great renderings . hope it will get build!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #133
kailash9999

Phase II of Lanco Hills has commenced, with a few more residential towers ranging from G+30 to G+20 floors, 1.5 million sq.ft Mall (Down from the proposed 2.5 million sq.ft, that means added FSI for Office towers ), Grand Hyatt Hotel (Q1 2013) and office towers being built, hopefully if Lanco holds on well for a couple of more years, this tower might soon be a reality.

Here is one more walkthrough video !

Last edited by kailash9999; October 10th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #134
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

great news i totally forgot about this project
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #135
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Wow, this looks quite good. India surely plans a residential tower spree. I hope this gets built
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #136
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailash9999 View Post
Phase II of Lanco Hills has commenced, with a few more residential towers ranging from G+30 to G+20 floors, 1.5 million sq.ft Mall (Down from the proposed 2.5 million sq.ft, that means added FSI for Office towers ), Grand Hyatt Hotel (Q1 2013) and office towers being built, hopefully if Lanco holds on well for a couple of more years, this tower might soon be a reality.
So if I get it right the signature tower is not included in second phase, right? If so does anybody know when it eventually can start construction? Is there any time schedule for the main tower?

Oh and I just learned it's actually another megatal beauty proposed by Foster. So I know of three: this, russia tower and india tower. Lets hope at least one of them will materialize in the not so distant future
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; October 10th, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #137
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Based on Kailash's comment, looks like the tower is not part if Phase II and I think it will take At least a year more to go to see if they are going ahead with Signature tower.

Oh really? Foster + Partner? How did you find out about it? If so, it's great!! I find that these guys are having a lot of skyscraper projects in India compared to the rest. They also designed the supertall triplet in Mumbai called Omkar Worli. Looks pretty nice with those curves. It's a huge contrast with Signature tower and India Tower with straight lines.

Last edited by dunefreezer; October 10th, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #138
kailash9999

1. Right guys, its going to be part of 3rd and Final Phase of Development. Lanco doesn't seem to give any definitive time frame at the moment, but hopefully the whole project should be completed by 2018 to the max.

2. I always thought it was designed by Atkins. Actually Foster+Partners have designed another Supertall for Hyderabad, APIIC Reliance Tower, 450 m, 100 fl. Good news is even this project hasn't been scrapped, they are still working to get necessary clearances from the Airports Authority and the Environment Dept. I'v been chasing my a** off trying to seek Renders of it, all attempts have been futile so far.

Quoting an old News Item;

Quote:

Lanco Infratech Ltd, part of the Lanco Group, is developing what it claims will be the world’s tallest “residential building” ‘Signature Tower’ near Hyderabad, hosting 100+ stories and designed by renowned architects, Atkins of the UK.

The group has also roped in Grand Hyatt to locate a 400-room luxury hotel and a 350-room business hotel project of Holiday Inn, in the Lanco Hills, work on which has begun.

The Bangalore-based Mantri Developers had earlier picked up 24 per cent equity in the company’s special purpose vehicle for Lanco Hills project.

The Managing Director of Lanco Infratech, Mr G. Venkatesh Babu, told Business Line that this would be the tallest anywhere in the world when it comes to residential property. However, a few office complexes are taller than the project planned by Lanco.

Atkins have designed the famous Burj-ul-Arab Hotel, located on the Dubai shore. Signature tower will be ready four years from now.

Mr Babu, along with the CEO of Lanco Hills Technology Park, Mr Pochender Shenigarapu, said that the project would form part of the Rs 5,500-crore integrated techno-township developed by Lanco in a 108-acre site acquired through competitive bidding process from the Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Ltd.

The project that included IT SEZ, would have facility to host 75,000 technology employees in the SEZ with a built-up space of 5.5 million sq. ft. in IT SEZ and 2.5 million sq. ft. in non-SEZ area for IT companies.

Financial tie-ups
The company plans to build 30 million sq. ft. in the site and has roped in Cushman & Wakefield for marketing the company developed office space.

Asked about financial tie-ups, Mr Babu said that the company has achieved financial closure for Rs 600 crore, which includes Rs 400 crore of debt and Rs 200 crore in equity. The company has already roped in Mantri Developers, part of Sushil Mantri Group, and its partners Morgan Stanley in the project.

The company has pegged Lanco Hills as a destination city, on which work had commenced about nine months ago for issues relating to site levelling and other support infrastructure. Located about 1.5 km from the Expressway planned to connect the new International airport, the company claimed it has received lot of interest from multinational companies for both office and residential space.

Last edited by kailash9999; October 10th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #139
kailash9999

And this is how it would fit into the Hyderabad Skyline.

Good Morning Hyderabad!! by Abhinav Yadav, on Flickr

@[email protected] liked this post

Last edited by kailash9999; October 11th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #140
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

One of my all-time favourite building proposals.

Hyderabad looks like City 17 from a distance
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
megatall