daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 14th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #61
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

I'd guess after UEC I will be built, because this one has priority. So IMO they won't debate that tower until UEC I will stand.
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #62
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
the Millenium Tower would be awesome.
Does somebody know when a decision is going to be made if the tower will be built?
it would have been built for sure, but got cancelled because of 9/11 ...
the project is neither dead nor alive.
Skyline.Fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #63
GNU
Gnuru

Likes (Received): 35

cancelled because of 9/11?????
For what reason?
GNU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #64
BMXican

Likes (Received): 5

uh ... it was not cancelled because of 9/11. there were potential investors after 9/11 too...

there is simply no anchor tenant for this huge building. that's all. apart from that the site owner has other priorities - like the UEC. I don't think anything will happen with the MT before all the other projects in the vicinity are completed.
BMXican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #65
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Quote:
Der Bau des Millennium Tower sollte bereits 2002 im Europaviertel, Güterplatz 3-7, beginnen, wurde aber durch die Ungewissheit nach den Terroranschlägen am 11.September 2001 in den USA bis auf unbestimmte Zeit verschoben. Obwohl die Planungen große Fortschritte gemacht haben, ist die Verwirklichung zurzeit sehr ungewiss bzw. eher unwahrscheinlich. Vor einigen Jahren gab es Gerüchte, dass der New Yorker Immobilien-Tycoon Donald Trump Interesse an dem Projekt habe, konkret wurde dies aber nicht.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millenn...28Frankfurt%29

mb92 liked this post
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #66
BMXican

wikipedia is not a good source. everybody can write something there.

it's not an official source.
Old June 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #67
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXican View Post
wikipedia is not a good source. everybody can write something there.

it's not an official source.
true
Old June 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #68
cSc
Home Alone

Likes (Received): 2

The MT would be a dream!

But for the moment I would just be happy when they actually start with the whole UEC complex including the two towers next year. Even if I'm confident I don't like the question marks actually remaining on this.
cSc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:36 PM   #69
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

I’ve been wondering about this project for quite some time. Glad to see it’s possibly underway soon.

Does anyone know anything about the mysterious Shopping Mall? This is quite a significant development as it may turn out to be the first modern suburban shopping mall in Frankfurt. The new one in the city will be the first modern one, but in the suburbs Frankfurt doesn’t have any yet, only two small older malls. Hessen Center, which is so old fashioned and small it really doesn’t count, and the better, but still unimpressive NordWest Centrum. Recently renovated to make it okish, but I am really interested in what this will turn out like.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM   #70
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 906

the nordwestzentrum is the biggest shopping mall in germany (retail square meters) ... I would hardly call it small.

[incidentaly I had a visit of two women from melbourne before last christmas, and they loved the nordwestzentrum - admitingly it was more beautiful with all the christmas deco than usual, but they said they have nothing like it in australia and that the fashion (especially shoes) is so much better here (well in europe in general) than anything you can find in australia (where - according to them - everybody dresses rather "tasteless") - they payed 1600 € for excess baggage because they bought so much stuff there]

anyway, it is not the intention of the developer to create yet another suburban mall (which frankly frankfurt doesn't need - who wants to have another main taunus zentrum ... urgh) but to extend the city center to the messe area and create a focal point of the new center. construction is starting next spring, finally.

and together with the recently announced FRANKFURT | PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower | 185m | Pro and al the other projects this has good chances of becoming a worthy downtown extension.

and if this wasn't enough another new tower for the area was announced to today: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...9&postcount=31

mb92 liked this post
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:21 PM   #71
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
the nordwestzentrum is the biggest shopping mall in germany (retail square meters) ... I would hardly call it small.

[incidentaly I had a visit of two women from melbourne before last christmas, and they loved the nordwestzentrum - admitingly it was more beautiful with all the christmas deco than usual, but they said they have nothing like it in australia and that the fashion (especially shoes) is so much better here (well in europe in general) than anything you can find in australia (where - according to them - everybody dresses rather "tasteless") - they payed 1600 € for excess baggage because they bought so much stuff there]
I hardly believe it is the biggest in Germany, and if it is, then it is still tiny. And please don't compare against Melbourne from what this woman says. Chadstone Mall in Melbourne (one of the many large malls) has nearly 400 stores compared to the 150 in Nordwestzentrum and 138,000m² compared to the 90,000m" of Frankfurt's. Chadstone isn't even the biggest in Melbourne with 142,000m² and 350 stores and Fountain Gate with over 138,000m" (increasing to 150,000m" next year). Trust me, Nordwestzentrum is not that big ;O)

But I will not doubt her taste in clothing and shoes. I also prefer European style, so I think she may know a little bit more about fashion than maybe construction and architecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
anyway, it is not the intention of the developer to create yet another suburban mall (which frankly frankfurt doesn't need - who wants to have another main taunus zentrum ... urgh) but to extend the city center to the messe area and create a focal point of the new center. construction is starting next spring, finally.

and together with the recently announced FRANKFURT | PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower | 185m | Pro and al the other projects this has good chances of becoming a worthy downtown extension.

and if this wasn't enough another new tower for the area was announced to today: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...9&postcount=31
I agree with you that it is very close to the city, but I'd refer to it as inner suburbs rather than an extension of the city center. It is still too far out. Maybe with the new skyscrapers complete it could be, but still...

And yes, this project does excite me. The skyscrapers will be something I can look at and enjoy, but the shopping will really add a new feature to the city and be somewhere I can experience and visit.

I hope the architecture is as interesting as the new mall on the Zeil, and yes, I do hope it's larger than the small Nordwestzentrum ;O) At least as large as the Melbourne Malls I mentioned.

Last edited by Justme; January 29th, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
Justme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM   #72
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57894

Frankfurt is booming very hard for real

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM   #73
Anekdote

Likes (Received): 29

Very nice project and the design of the tower is also great.
Anekdote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #74
CYstillFI
still CYFI

Likes (Received): 1

A Frankfurt newspaper reports that a main tenant for the hotel tower has been found. Contract will be signed on Monday. Construction start will still be within 2008, so this year.

mb92 liked this post
CYstillFI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #75
FFM2007
Ah Goin Ma?

Likes (Received): 0

good news
2008 is going to be a great year for frankfurt!!
FFM2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #76
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4201

2008 will be a very good year for Frankfurt. Lots of new towers.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #77
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

somehow i'm not happy. it's like you drive a Porsche with 100HP. i want breathtaking projects.
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #78
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

go to dubai then.

i am happy for every project we can get
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #79
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

right patrick, i'm also happy with ervery highrise project that becomes reality.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #80
BMXican

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYstillFI View Post
A Frankfurt newspaper reports that a main tenant for the hotel tower has been found. Contract will be signed on Monday. Construction start will still be within 2008, so this year.
2008 is going to be great