|daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on one|
|September 30th, 2008, 11:17 AM||#342|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: kk - subang
Likes (Received): 83
HEY! i saw the trailer of Super Trio Supreme in 1 Borneo / KK on Astro...
so i guess it will be on show this saturday ch311, 9pm, hope not miss it!!
|November 11th, 2008, 02:57 AM||#358|
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN
Join Date: Nov 2007
Likes (Received): 201
Mercure, Novotel 1 Borneo upbeat on occupancy rate
By Vasantha GanesanPublished: 2008/11/11
MERCURE and Novotel 1 Borneo, the latest four-star hotels to open in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, said they are confident of outperforming their local peers in average occupancy and average room rates (ARR).
The hotels, which commenced operations on October 8 2008, expect to beat the local industry's average occupancy level, despite the fact that there are also two other hotels within the vicinity.
1 Borneo, a mixed development by Sagajuta (Sabah) Sdn Bhd, features a shopping complex, condominium and four hotels, ranging from budget to four-star.
French hotel and services group Accor SA manages both the Novotel and Mercure hotels in 1 Borneo, which combined offer some 600 rooms. The two hotels are the only four-star international hotel chains in Kota Kinabalu.
"With the commitment of providing a high level of service, serving the finest cuisine in Kota Kinabalu and being part of a leading international hotel chain in Asia-Pacific, we are confident of surpassing the 75 per cent to 85 per cent average occupancy currently enjoyed by four-star hotels in Kota Kinabalu," general manager Jacques Leizerovici told Business Times in an interview.
The hotels are targeting both business and leisure markets from Asia, Australia and Europe.
The Mercure and Novotel hotels feature modern and chic designs and share a grand ballroom with a 1,000-guest capacity. Combined, the meeting rooms can accommodate a maximum capacity of 250 guests.
Leizerovici said 65 per cent of the hotels' guests are leisure clients and the remaining 35 per cent corporate.
"Both hotels are generally tailored for the mid-scale market. However, each has its own niche market as they offer something different," he said.
"With the projection of new developments by the government and particularly in Sabah, many efforts have been initiated for the local tourism industry such as the newly renovated Kota Kinabalu International Airport, which is the second busiest airport in Malaysia.
"This would also open more opportunities for international carriers to fly direct to Sabah," he said, adding that the recent launch of the super corridor in Sabah will attract new information technology companies as well as more business travellers to the state.