daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2010, 10:45 PM   #1661
jayo

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
What a surprise. All-Seeing Eye. One more proof that London, the home of freemasons, NWO criminals and bankers, drug families and reptilians, was chosen specially for 2012 for a reason.

ahahahahahahahah

coming from someone who lives in Moscow

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:11 PM   #1662
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

What more should I expected from brainwashed goats? Typical dumb jokes. Good job, sheeple! Don't dissapoint your masters.
AILD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:14 PM   #1663
AILD
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo View Post
ahahahahahahahah
coming from someone who lives in Moscow
Here: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread573125/pg1
Quote:
Take a look at the newest macots for the 2012 London Olympics. If this doesn't scream Illimuninati symbolism I don't know what does.
Coming "not from Moscow", specially for you, sheep.

London 2012. With "ZION" on the logo.

The scariest thing is that it looks "funny" for uninformed sheeple.

And I liked the comment:

Quote:
horrible,im sure many brainwashed people will accept this along with everthing else as "normal"

Last edited by AILD; May 21st, 2010 at 11:31 PM.
AILD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:32 PM   #1664
RobH

Likes (Received): 10293

Work starts on Olympic Stadium's field of play

Work has begun on the Olympic Stadium's field of play for the London 2012 Games, the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) announced.

It is where the action will take place, including the opening and closing ceremonies plus the track and field competitions.

Two years into the stadium construction, the centre of the showpiece £537 million venue has been cleared so builders can focus on creating the right ground conditions for competition. Ducts and a drainage system are being installed ahead of the turf and track being laid next year.

The first batch of seats, which are black and white and to be fitted this summer, is now in production.

ODA chair John Armitt said: "Only two years ago, the stadium site was a flat piece of ground.

"A huge amount has been achieved since then, with the venue now structurally complete and at its full height. Work is progressing on covering the roof and the first seats will be fitted this summer. The continuing progress means the stadium is still on track to be completed a whole year before the 2012 Games."

Over 4,500 reinforced concrete foundation columns have been installed, 12,000 pre-cast concrete seating terracing units are in place and the 450-tonne cable net roof structure has been positioned.

All five bridges and their abutments, connecting the stadium island to the rest of the Olympic Park in Stratford, east London, have also been constructed and work has begun to fit out the 700 rooms and spaces within the stadium, including fitting toilets and tiling showers in the changing rooms. The 14 lighting towers, which sit 60 metres above the field of play, are also in place.

London 2012 chair Lord Coe said: "In 2012, we will see 2,000 international athletes in the stadium competing in some of the most exciting sporting events and we will also watch opening and closing ceremonies that will showcase London and the UK.

"The stadium will leave an inspirational legacy and we hope the whole Games-time experience will reach young people throughout the world and encourage them to take up sport."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...teK24BnRY5068Q
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:43 PM   #1665
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboi View Post
[SIZE="6"]
ugly logo
ugly mascot
..what next?

Last edited by crazyalex; May 22nd, 2010 at 12:17 AM.
crazyalex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:56 PM   #1666
RobH

Likes (Received): 10293

RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:12 AM   #1667
scalatrava89

Likes (Received): 99

Amazing set of pictures, cheers for the update. (last pic) Iíve never seen that view of the stadium before, what are those rooms going to be used for? It's good to see the hard landscaping coming on too .
scalatrava89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:13 AM   #1668
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7139

I think that's the VIP area, isn't it?
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:31 AM   #1669
scalatrava89

Likes (Received): 99

I suppose they are, lucky ducks. I bet theyíre bloody expensive. Itís a shame that the upper half will be dismantled after the both games. Iím trying to find renders or designs for how the stadium will look after, but not having much luck. Anyone know of any sites where there are some?
scalatrava89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:45 AM   #1670
vank

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalatrava89 View Post
I suppose they are, lucky ducks. I bet theyíre bloody expensive. Itís a shame that the upper half will be dismantled after the both games. Iím trying to find renders or designs for how the stadium will look after, but not having much luck. Anyone know of any sites where there are some?
Same here, but can't find.
I like this stadium and the area!
vank no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:00 AM   #1671
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7139

I suppose the legacy mode will still depend on who moves in there after the Games. They're still in talks, West Ham is interested but hasn't made a decision yet.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:48 AM   #1672
dfitzzz

Likes (Received): 0

[QUOTE=AILD;57299677]What a surprise. All-Seeing Eye. One more proof that London, the home of freemasons, NWO criminals and bankers, drug families and reptilians, was chosen specially for 2012 for a reason.

Mmmm....I just love the smell of sour grapes.And you have it oozing from every pore,it seems....
dfitzzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 08:55 AM   #1673
Alphaville

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorky33 View Post
Dear London, we in Australia must thank your organizing commitee for adding a stylized map of Australia onto your Olympic logo...the top right hand corner.

PS Oh and thanks for adding the Olympic rings onto it, nice touch that...just proving to the world which is the greatest Olympic nation ever AUSTRALIA

Erm... You're not even Australian. What's with the trolling? It's New Zealanders like yourself with too much time on your hands that Australians don't even give a shit about. What's your beef?

Me thinks you've got sour grapes at the UK and Australia - because hosting the Olympics is something NZ will NEVER achieve. Auckland's too insignificant to host the Summer Olympics and the Winter Olympics will never be staged outside Jan-Feb. suck it up.

Last edited by Alphaville; May 22nd, 2010 at 09:00 AM.
Alphaville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:13 AM   #1674
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

LOL. I wonder why he was pretending to be an Australian and then claiming we're the greatest Olympic nation ever? He's always got such a beef against Aussies, he must have been trying to whip up some anti-oz sentiment (which isn't hard at the best of times).
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:43 AM   #1675
Snorky33

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaville View Post
Erm... You're not even Australian. What's with the trolling? It's New Zealanders like yourself with too much time on your hands that Australians don't even give a shit about. What's your beef?

Me thinks you've got sour grapes at the UK and Australia - because hosting the Olympics is something NZ will NEVER achieve. Auckland's too insignificant to host the Summer Olympics and the Winter Olympics will never be staged outside Jan-Feb. suck it up.
Dear dick-sit, strange don't think i've ever mentioned my nationality, i might be American or Canadian or Australian.
Snorky33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:09 AM   #1676
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalatrava89 View Post
clicky
http://current.com/items/88982464
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:39 PM   #1677
Steel City Suburb

Likes (Received): 229

Ok guys, break it up.

This thread doesn't need stirrers or re-action to stirring inside of it.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:59 PM   #1678
Taiki24
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel City Suburb View Post
Ok guys, break it up.

This thread doesn't need stirrers or re-action to stirring inside of it.
The crazy conspiracy theorist can stay though, right?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who at least kinda likes the mascots though. Much better than Izzy. *Shudder*

Seriously people, what could ever be worse than that monstrosity?
-The art of dancing stands at the source of all the arts that express themselves first in the human person. The art of building, or architecture, is the beginning of all the arts that lie outside the person; and in the end they unite.

-Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life (1923)
Taiki24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1679
stevensp

Likes (Received): 64

The pictures of the construction sites are wonderful
Very great pics... !

About the mascots
I dont know.. not too ugly... but If you see them in the costumes.. ugh... its like a bad version of a teletubbie

+ more project updates will be posted soon!
stevensp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:50 PM   #1680
Powelll
Rośnij w siłę, Polsko!

The logo and the mascot are both crappy but, to be honest,...who gives a shit about that? Some ppl can say that they are symbols, that ppl will associate GB with these two shitty products. But I won't. And many ppl won't. Stadium(s), swimming pool(s), gyms and so on - that is important. Obviously good atmosphere and competition as well. If I was going to London for Olympics, I would rather care about cost of meals in the restaurant, helpful Brits, not the f*cking mascot or an ugly logo. What I mean - there too much needless discussions about some unimportant issues here.

Tags
london, olympic games 2012, olympic stadium, olympics