daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #2161
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
, and A27 actually starts at the venice airport.
This was true until 2009, when the Passante di Mestre was opened. At the same time the section of A27 between Venice airport and old Tangenziale di Mestre was renumbered as A57dir.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #2162
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccodrillo View Post
Yes they are.
Yes, those trees are almost the milestone on the A4.it motorway (If I remember well just between the junction A4/A13 Padova-est and the "area di servizio Arino"). The double-tunnel in Vicenza is remarkable (just next to the SS11-tangenziale Vicenza)too . At least sometimes M.Bérici near Vicenza and Colli Euganei near Padova are considered as the southern foothills of Alps in Italy (or the "first" greetings of Alps). It is nice to observe these hills (almost lost in Padania lowlands) from A4 or A13 motorways...

Thank you for all of these nice pictures!
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #2163
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
These trees are quite famous... aren't they the ones near Padova?
also those 2 tunnels (actually, 8 of them ) are among the most famous short tunnels in the world, aren't they? or at least in Europe
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #2164
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

??
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2165
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2281

Quote:
These trees are quite famous... aren't they the ones near Padova?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...05139&t=k&z=19
RipleyLV está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #2166
3naranze

Likes (Received): 2

A4 between Dolo and Padova

A27: another bunch of pics and here

Last edited by 3naranze; January 15th, 2011 at 08:05 PM.
3naranze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #2167
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Badly built and useless rondabout in Milan: http://video.corriere.it/milano-se-r...f-00144f02aabc

It's too narrow that trucks and buses have to travel on the wrong way (clockwise instead of anticlockwise).

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #2168
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

I heard something similar on the SS Pontina, near Terracina (central Italy, 100 km from Rome). They recently replaced a traffic-lights-regulated intersection with a roundabout that is too narrow for trucks, which are forced to make many difficult manoeuvres with first and reverse gear, blocking traffic for hundreds of meters...
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #2169
Mauz®
Utonto

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccodrillo View Post
Badly built and useless rondabout in Milan: http://video.corriere.it/milano-se-r...f-00144f02aabc

It's too narrow that trucks and buses have to travel on the wrong way (clockwise instead of anticlockwise).
I live few meters far from this roundabout and I didn't even know it was made...

Useless roundabout, I agree!

BUT:
- when it will be definitely opened (so when the temporary red/white new jerseys will be removed), the roundabout will be way larger, because trucks will be able to use the inner kurb as an extension of the road.
-IMHO it is only necessary to narrow the footpath on the corner and trucks will be able to drive that rooundabout the right way.

Regarding the comments of people in the video:
- that road (Ferrante Aporti) it's not fundamental for heavy traffic gooing towards the periphery and it's not plenty of big companies that constantly need to loas/unload trucks;
-Truck/coaches can easily drive through the tunnel of viale Brianza and than turn in via Sammartini, that runs parallel to via Ferrante Aporti!
Mauz® no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #2170
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Likes (Received): 11128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauz® View Post
when it will be definitely opened (so when the temporary red/white new jerseys will be removed), the roundabout will be way larger, because trucks will be able to use the inner kurb as an extension of the road.
-IMHO it is only necessary to narrow the footpath on the corner and trucks will be able to drive that rooundabout the right way.
I don't think so: it's too tight.

Normally these small roundabouts allow running on the center, which is in relief to force the drivers to slow down; they're designed that way for trucks and busses, which can't maneuver in such small roundabouts

Here an exemple

Anyway they could forbid the trucks to run on that stretch of Ferrante Aporti just with a coupple of sign.
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #2171
brick84

In Sicily (near Agrigento)

work in progress - SS 640

Source and more photos: www.agrigentonotizie.it

Doubling SS640
The ministers Alfano and Matteoli the launch of the viaduct Pellegrino

[IMG]http://i52.************/2i8urgz.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/20popvm.jpg[/IMG]

It'was an appointment to take stock of progress to double the SS640 to this morning, attended by the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Matteoli and Minister of Justice Angelino Alfano. The event was held in the yards of the SS640, at Serra Cazzola. In the presence of the President of ANAS, Pietro Ciucci, the two government representatives attended the launch of a deck of the viaduct Pellegrino.

"The progress of 640 - said Alfano - demonstrates how the national government is attentive to Sicily, and not in words but in deeds. Only a year and a half ago I came to lay the first stone. Today we are in a situation where we can say that work is proceeding apace. " "Investment Anas only for works in progress in Sicily - said, however, the Minister Matteoli - are more than EUR 2 billion, while investment program exceeds the total of EUR 4 billion."

In addition to the 500 million euro, financed by the doubling of the SS640, Anas has also made available to 40 km of roads to be redone in the municipalities that will be crossed by the new road. Moreover, there are compensatory funds with which local authorities can request the Anas projects.

"Over the past two years - said the president of ANAS, Pietro Ciucci - we celebrated some important successes in Sicily including, in particular, the opening to traffic of the entire motorway Catania-Siracusa, but also remember launched 25 February 2009 to work on doubling to four lanes of the first batch of Agrigento, Caltanissetta, which we expect the opening to traffic of a first stretch of three kilometers by the spring of this year and the entire stretch of 34 km by the summer of 2012. At the opening of the first leg of the first batch will be signed delivery of the work of the second batch, about 30 kilometers long. "

The itinerary of the SS640, 74 km long, is the direct link between the capitals of the province of Agrigento and Caltanissetta, but also a strategic backbone of the regional road network, which is no longer able to absorb a particularly heavy traffic flow (around 25 thousand cars a day, the stretch of heavy traffic, between the release and the release Petrusa hot).

For the realization of the path will be used and a half million cubic meters of concrete and 500 thousand tons of steel, with average attendance of 10 cranes of medium to high tonnage, 60 excavators, 15 shovels, about 300 work vehicles of various kinds, 100 trucks and more than three axes. You currently have a daily direct employment of over 600 work units, of which 530 workers, with about 25 companies and foster the sub-Ati Cmc General Contractor - CCC of Ravenna, now Scpa Empedocles.

"With the same determination - said Pietro Ciucci - we intend to proceed with the implementation of the next leg-dell'Agrigento Caltanissetta, for a total investment of approximately € 770 million. The race to the Contractor General has already been done and is being finalized the final project. "

Photo by Luca Talenti

[IMG]http://i51.************/2z8ztrm.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.************/28cksie.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.************/uphy0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/ibas8w.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/soalaf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/bfgu8l.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT:

[IMG]http://i36.************/2dty9o1.jpg[/IMG]

brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #2172
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Why the hell in Sicily they use to build all the motorways on these viaducts?

I mean: viaducts are commons in Italy, but normally to cross valleys and so.
Usually on such a landscape is more common to have the road 'at grade' or to dig the 'hills' not to have a too large slope
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #2173
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

I was thinking the same thing.
One can't help thinking about that horrible viaduct on the A29 ruining the otherwise wonderful view from the archaeological site of Segesta... and it is useless too, for they could easily make the road without it...
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #2174
Eddard Stark
Keep your head

Likes (Received): 3834

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENIUS LOCI View Post

Usually on such a landscape is more common to have the road 'at grade' or to dig the 'hills' not to have a too large slope
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.
One can't help thinking about that horrible viaduct on the A29 ruining the otherwise wonderful view from the archaeological site of Segesta... and it is useless too, for they could easily make the road without it...
Somebody has to gain as much as possible
Eddard Stark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #2175
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21242

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENIUS LOCI View Post

They do it out of the sake of:

(1) not disrupting circulation at ground level

(2) reducing impact on land

(3) in some specific cases, avoiding unstable soil that would cost hell to be fit to take highway-standard traffic.
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #2176
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
They do it out of the sake of:

(1) not disrupting circulation at ground level

(2) reducing impact on land

(3) in some specific cases, avoiding unstable soil that would cost hell to be fit to take highway-standard traffic.
Whatever, but the second reason is just wrong. The land impact is much higher.

And about the first reason, I think it is much less disturbing putting the highway at ground level and build over/underpasses for the local circulation...
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #2177
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19397

Quote:
Whatever, but the second reason is just wrong. The land impact is much higher.
No it isn't. Wildlife can pass under an elevated motorway everywhere and noise is slightly less as well. As a rule of the thumb, they say an elevated motorway (with low noise screens) has the same acoustical effect as a depressed motorway.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #2178
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
No it isn't. Wildlife can pass under an elevated motorway everywhere and noise is slightly less as well. As a rule of the thumb, they say an elevated motorway (with low noise screens) has the same acoustical effect as a depressed motorway.
Yes but the visual effect is much higher. And the land underneath cannot be used to agricultural or building purposes.
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #2179
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Pics of work in progress of so called 'variante di valico' on A1 between Bologna and Firenze

Dec. 2010

Source (with many other pics and infos)
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #2180
Eddard Stark
Keep your head

Likes (Received): 3834

Eddard Stark no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways